Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (385)

DragoKnight Guest

Ash captured Snorunt. If you look at the episode pictures it shows Pikachu in a battle with it. Snorunt didn't just hop in a Pokeball like Charmander did.

sCiZoR Guest

The battle between Snorout VS Pikachu went like this:

Snorout backed off from the group and started doing a Muhammad Ali-type boxing stance, signaling to Ash that it wanted to battle. Ash, of course, decided to use Pikachu, calling it to use Iron Tail against Snorout. Being the tricky ice-type it is, Snorout does into a Double Team to evade being hit, putting Pikachu into distress. That's made even worse when Snorout starts running in and out of the Double Team DURING the attack to try and hit Pikachu. Ash gets an idea and has Pikachu use Iron Tail to douse snow all over the Double Teaming Snorout, making the faux copies disappear. Pikachu's coat shines as it flies in for a Quick Attack, knocking Snorout to the ground (and the Badge Case from its body). Ash throws a Monster Ball to try and catch it and the rest is history.

Yo, this episode was a lot better than what I had hoped it to be. The ending scene where Ash introduced Snorout to all the other Pokemon in their group was a nice touch. Real funny how when Corphish tried to make friends and Snorout froze it with Icy Wind. Personally, I think Snorout is a fast Pokemon. I mean if a Pokemon can still attack while in the middle of using a Double Team attack, you have to admit that that's one fast creature. I'm glad it's going to make an appearance in the next episode, too. I want to see it use some other cool attacks.

Nameless Guest

Ouch poor Corpfish, gets frozen, then gets fried by Combuskten.

acceptable behavior LOL
    hopefully we wont have a similar episode as the sableye one with Ash teaching corphish a lesson. I hope he tries a different way at least.
    team rocket coming out of hiding scene with TR trying to figure out how he knew they were was funny
    frozen wobbufet looks interesting and once again poor corphish gets the short end of the stick
    Merry Christmahannukwanzakuh!

Thanks, Murgatroyd! This episode sounds good! Snorunt sounds like it'll be an interesting addition to Ash's team. Poor Corphish is getting mocked again! The pictures were also nice. All that snow! I wish it'd snow here... This was a good episode for Christmas.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

So Snorunt's attack was Icy Wind for sure, eh?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I thought It'd be Blizzard, coz Icy Wind doesn't freeze :/

Few Questions

1. What does Snorunt soud like? Does it have a annoying high-pitch laugh?

2. Did the Intro change at all, like is Snorunt seen at the beginnign when all of Ash's Pokemon Attack. (If it doesn't, maybe they will change it next episode. Because it would sort of spoil the episode if we saw he got Snorunt.)

3. So what seems to be Snorunt's main attack? Is it icy Wind?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster14
    Ash captured Snorunt. If you look at the episode pictures it shows Pikachu in a battle with it. Snorunt didn't just hop in a Pokeball like Charmander did.
    I understand that now, Serebii said in another thread that it "joined" the group through friendship... perhaps I misinterpretted the information, oh well... it's clear now.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndaquil
    I thought It'd be Blizzard, coz Icy Wind doesn't freeze :/
    Would make sense that an Ice attack of any type could have the ability to freeze something over if you ask me~ It doesn't have to follow the game exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Would make sense that an Ice attack of any type could have the ability to freeze something over if you ask me~ It doesn't have to follow the game exactly.
    Very true, the anime often adds little tweaks and effects to moves that aren't found in the games.

And it certainly wasn't Blizzard, since it looks nothing like when Skitty does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    And it certainly wasn't Blizzard, since it looks nothing like when Skitty does it.
    Hasn't the anime represented the same move in different ways before?

ChronoAzn Guest

Great episode, I thought it was funny when Snorunt came out of the Pokeball and was doing a Russian dance.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Hasn't the anime represented the same move in different ways before?
    Not this drastically, unless a twist was intentionally put on the attack, such as Charizard's "aerial Submission attack".

We'll need Murg or Edward Elric or someone to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Skitty
    This was a good episode for Christmas.
    Just FYI, for those of you who celebrate Christmas...Meowth and Chimecho wore Santa hats in the motto, and Meowth rode in a sleigh.
    Last edited by Geodude; 25th December 2004 at 8:31 AM.

Snorunt seems a bit sneaky, I'm not actually a big fan of any of Ash's Hoenn Pokémon as of yet. I'll reconsider that statement though with Snorunt, it has a funny smile, reminds me a bit like Mutley out of Wacky Races lol. Should be good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Not this drastically, unless a twist was intentionally put on the attack, such as Charizard's "aerial Submission attack".
    Dragon Rage has seen two drastic variations(from a ball of flame to a ball of glowing yellow energy with some sparks coming out of it). Ember has been shown as flames that surround the opponent then come in on it(unless they mis-identified that attack in the Koga ep. in Kanto...), Charmander waving its tail so that the embers from its flame hit the foe, and as small ovals of red energy. Those are the two main examples that come to mind...
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

You're right...I forgot about those.

Hasn't hyper beam been shown as both orange and blue beams of light before as well?

I just saw the episode and I especailly liked the part when Snorunt was being introduced to everyone; Grovyle standing expressionless, Torkoal crying...

Also, what did May say to Team Rocket while they were in their balloon, that made them suddenly depressed? I wanna know.

Wow. This wasn't a bad episode at all. Not only did Satoshi befriend Yukiwarashi, but it even wanted a battle before being captured. Anyone notice they're now begining to use them computers to animate attacks and such now? Sabonea and Yukiwarashi had a white glow and small sparkle the moment they came out of their Monster Balls like you'd see in the more recent games, Sonansu's Counter was COMPLETELY redone (unless that was Mirror Coat, Musashi didn't specify what attack to use) to show it have a glassy effect instead of glowing red, and Sabonea's Pin Missile next episode fires off like homing missiles. XD I found it odd that they started using a different style for Bubblebeam earlier. Seems they're redoing more and more attacks and making the anime alot more stylish.

I'll post up Eyecatcher pics in a moment and I'll post Yukiwarashi's voice in my voice thread.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Thanks for the correction before, "Ed", and...

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    (unless that was Mirror Coat, Musashi didn't specify what attack to use)
    From your descriptions, I'm leaning towards Mirror Coat. That makes a lot more sense, especially if there was a glassy effect.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Factory Head Noland Guest

I'm just about to see this episodes (32% as I speak). I've seen the screenshots and it looks like a really great episode and many people are saying it's good so I can't wait!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    I'm just about to see this episodes (32% as I speak). I've seen the screenshots and it looks like a really great episode and many people are saying it's good so I can't wait!

Spoiler:
    If you're referring to a website with screens, that's fine and dandy. But if you're talking about a site with links to download episodes, you're gonna have to stop right there. >_>

Here are the screens for the eyecatchers from this week's episode:

[IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher.jpg[/IMG135] [IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher2.jpg[/IMG135]
    [IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher3.jpg[/IMG135] [IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher4.jpg[/IMG135]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

About Snorunt's attack:

It was most definately Icy Wind (or perhaps Powder Snow, I forget if Snorunt learns that), and consisted of various-sized blasts of sparkling icy energy. Unlike the Ice Beam or Blizzard attacks it didn't do much to damage the opponent, whoever was hit with it was just briefly covered in ice before shaking it off (except Corphish). In the games Icy Wind just slows the opponent down and does minor damage, and it seemed to be the same here (though it didn't look like the Icy Wind used by an Azumarill in Johto).

Even the way it froze things was different from Ice Beam and Blizzard. Instead of encasing the foe in large block of ice, it basically coated them with a snow-cone like covering that simply immobilized them for a time.

I like Snorunt's personality and can't wait to see what will happen next with it. It's a rather unique creature, most similar to Corphish but without the temper and with a more mischevous than giddy personality. It also seems to have a set of attacks quite different from any Pokemon Ash has had before, and I'm curious how Ash will use it in battle beyond the Double Team/Headbutt combo it used on Pikachu. It's a little strange, all this time Ash has never had a Pokemon with the common attack Double Team but now he has two! *imagines a double battle with Snorunt and Swellow as they fill the field with mirror images*

Was I the only one touched by little Snorunt not wanting to give all of Ash's badges back because it didn't want Ash to leave? *sniffs* That would have made the episode but Snorunt than wanting Ash to prove his worthiness beyond any doubt by defeating it made it even better. I am not against no-battle captures as they capture the essense of Pokemon (befriending and building bonds with the creatures as you train), but well-done battle-captures (where the Pokemona nd trainer mutually decide to battle with capture on the line) are even better. Who would have thought the writers could do so much with a Pokemon that seems so limited and plain as a character due to its body design?

Just checked, it seems Snorunt learns both Icy Wind AND Powder Snow. But I still think it was most likely Icy Wind. The level-up moves are in order: Powder Snow, Leer, Double Team, Bite, Icy Wind, Headbutt, Protect, Crunch, Ice Beam, Hail, Blizzard. For Egg moves all it gets is Spikes and Block, but the TM moves are nicely varied, including things like Safeguard, Water Pulse and Shadow Ball, so there is quite a bit the writers could have Ash's Snorunt do.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast