Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (385)

Sounded more like Max singing actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadian Kyuubi
    Sounded more like Max singing actually.
    Not really. That was Ash though.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

It was kinda cool that Ash sang the title. Overall, the only thing that bothered me was TR trying to steal Pikachu
    Huey and Riley Freeman: Again?
    Me: Again!

Overall, 9/10
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I thought this episode was good, but I thought Snorunt's voice would sound sort of like Smoochum's, but I think this one sounds better.
    My Emerald Team:
    Swampert, Castform, Beautifly, Manectric, Wailord, and Bagon.

Red's PokePet

Patches the level 50 Pachirisu!

Discharge
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Thunder
    Patches is better than you. Get over it!!!

Talk about nailing a voice! Wonderful Snorunt.

Well, nothing bad to say about this episode. The TC was good, Ash FINALLY has his new Pokemon, and TR makes more jokes about their run-out usefulness. By far the only bad part was Jessie not refering to Mirror Coat by name, but I guess bad experiences in the past lead to that.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Wow, that was unexpected 0_0. Interesting idea, though, having Ash sing the title.

At first, Snorunt's voice sounded too strange for me, but now it seems really fitting. I guess it just grew on me, like Grovyle and Swellow. Good thing, too, because I love Snorunt

Icy Wind doesn't freeze, that's something 4Kids overlooked. Should've been Powder Snow. In theory, it makes sense to have Icy Wind freeze, but Powder Snow makes sense and it actually can happen.

If they got the Trainer's Choice wrong today, I would've LMAO. This had t be the easiest one yet.

I loved May's attack on TR, and their stung reactions ^_^

At least Snorunt didn't just join Ash. He actually had to fight it to get it, which is how it should always be.

I can see how Ash and Snorunt developed that bond. There was some rather poignant moments in this episode.

Nurse Joy's voice.....was really off in this episode. I dunno if I'm just noticing it for the first time, or if it was actually messed up in this episode, but whatever the case, it's different than what I remembered.

OMG, the Snorunt vs. Pikachu battle in the end was excellent =D

Oh yeah, and the new Mirror Coat owns. So much cooler than Wobbuffet's old one(not that the old one was bad, just that this one is better).

Overall rating:
    8.7 out of 10
    Pretty good capture episode. Snorunt has a great personality, and I'm glad that, of all Pokémon, it got to be Ash's newest Team Member.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Geki Guest

I liked the episode, I have been wanting to see Ash capture Snorunt for a while now. I didn't like how Ash sang the title since it made it feel too much like a Christmas episode, and it's already way past Christmas. Chimecho in a Santa Hat was cool, and also Wobbuffet in earmuffs. I liked Snorunt's voice, it grew on me from the beginning of the episode.

9/10

The title reading made me LOL. XP
    At first, I didn't like Snorunt's voice, but after a few mintues, I liked it. It just wasn't what I expected, but meh, it's not bad.
    Icy Wind doesn't freeze, but it didn't make any bad impression on me. Since this isn't the game, we shouldn't be so hard on what they do. Oh well.
    Ash caught Snorunt - that's great! ^^ I love Snorunt and can't wait to see it a lot more. ^^

My Overall score - 9.3/10 - it was pretty good. I liked it a lot. ^^
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Icy Wind doesn't freeze, that's something 4Kids overlooked. Should've been Powder Snow. In theory, it makes sense to have Icy Wind freeze, but Powder Snow makes sense and it actually can happen.
    Huh? How is this a fault of 4Kids?

Icy Wind does freeze. You just saw it do so in the episode! Okay, it's not a chunk of ice like we're used to, but that's part of its charm. As I'm sure you are aware of, Icy Wind slows down opponent's Speed. This is a fantastic way to 'slow' them down by having a coat of ice chill the target over.

But here's the interesting thing. In future episodes, Snorunt's Icy Wind DOES manage to freeze opponents! I'm talkin' full blown ice chunck style, like from Ice Beam and Blizzard. So... it's a matter of original artistic error. Their minds can't be made up. So in essence, 4Kids! can't be wrong nor can they be right.

If you wanted a more game-related relationship (and I don't blame you for wanting so), the fault really falls back to homebase.

Nurse Joy's voice.....was really off in this episode. I dunno if I'm just noticing it for the first time, or if it was actually messed up in this episode, but whatever the case, it's different than what I remembered.
    As I'm sure most people will have pointed out before me due to my slow typing of this post, Joy has a new voice and has had one for quite some time. It's not a perfect replica but it is all we have and I'd say she does a fine job.
    V | Faction

And so Ash finally completes his Hoenn roster. It's amazing that it took all the way till late Hoenn to finally have a full team of 6. Snorunt is a wonderful addition however, and provides to be quite a powerful asset later on.

And yay for Ash being aggressive again. He sounded pissed off throughout most of the episode, which I'm happy about. He still has his naive "Let's make friends" side to him that was more prevalent back in Kanto and the Orange Islands, but now he's a lot less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.

May's joke about Team Rocket saying, "That's why nobody likes you!" was hilarious.

It was also finally nice to have another episode with snow in it. When was the last time before this episode that we had snow on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    And yay for Ash being aggressive again. He sounded pissed off throughout most of the episode, which I'm happy about. He still has his naive "Let's make friends" side to him that was more prevalent back in Kanto and the Orange Islands, but now he's a lot less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.
    Now you KNOW that changes at the drop of a hat! =P

When was the last time before this episode that we had snow on the ground?
    Snow Way Out!? =P

EDIT: =P
    V | Faction

1. I think there was also the Articuno trilogy in mid-Johto where there was snow on the ground
    2. I too enjoyed "That's why nobody likes you!"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Yip! The world's top most famous quotes:
    1.''Last one there's a rotton Exeggcute!'' by Ash/Satoshi
    2.''Se ya later, Feraligatr!'' by Team Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    I can see how Ash and Snorunt developed that bond. There was some rather poignant moments in this episode.
    How did you see the bond? Although Ash seemed really nice and forgiving(sp?), Snorunt seemed really annoying. Ash sometimes has the weirdo personality for choosing his bonds.

1 Shot question - I know Picachu and friends always blast Team Rocket out into the sky, but why would they do it to them for just eating food? It's nothing that they couldn't work for, but I'm starting to wonder it Ash enjoys making them feel pain. Yep, it's been that way for, what, over 500+ episodes? Quote me on that later ~ .

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    And yay for Ash being aggressive again. He sounded ****** off throughout most of the episode, which I'm happy about. He still has his naive "Let's make friends" side to him that was more prevalent back in Kanto and the Orange Islands, but now he's a lot less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.
    Yeah, I was kind of glad. And you know at the end of the ep. he through Snorunt? If he hadn't made the bond, I betcha he would have thrown Snorunt down the 40+ feet . ~Don't quote me on that.
    Last edited by Atari; 14th January 2006 at 5:02 PM.

I thought this episode was good. I thought Snorunt was cute. There were 4 funny parts in this episode.
    1. When May told TR that no one likes them and they get all depressed
    2. When Snorunt starts freezing everybody
    3. Torkoal crying when Snorunt is introduced to everyone's pokemon
    4. When Snorunt goes to save Pikachu from TR and starts freezing up them and their entire balloon
    I was only a little disappointed that TR never had a boss fantasy for Snorunt (seeing in as how they have a boss fantasy for every new pokemon they see).
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 14th January 2006 at 5:09 PM.

Aside from the title screen this was a great episode dubbed. Snorunt's voice wasn't what I excpected but it was still all good. The mink reference in the motto was funny as 4Kids goofed and made reference to non Pokemon animals. All in all, a fine episode and the dub was just as good.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode was great. As funny and good as I remember. Although May's definition of cute is pretty wide apparently. Snorunt's voice is good. The way the pronounce Snorunts name was different than I pronounce it but, that happens a couple times like rayquaza. Anyway fun episode and if I recall snorunt is going to be a fun guy in the upcoming filler.

-Ash...singing..the..title!
    -Snorunt just playing. Blah, blah, blah.
    -Ash's badges are stolen, again. What is this, the 10th time.
    -Ash sounded so ticked off.
    -I liked how it tossed up a badge and froze it with Icy Wind.
    -I liked how they were looking for Snorunt, and found Team Rocket.
    -Team Rocket got frozen, shweet.
    -Snorunt has a caring side, awww.
    -They got Trainer's Choice RIGHT!
    -Snorunt was smart taking Ash's hat and finding the group.
    -Come on, a touching moment, yet again, getting screwed up by Team Rocket.
    -James: Make it double 'cause I'm wearing mink.
    -James: They were guaranteed to never fade.
    Meowth: And they did keep their color quite nicely.
    -May: Well that explains why everyone hates you three.
    -Nurse Joy just happens to know a shortcut.
    -What were the snowmobiles modeled after?
    -Ash caught a Snorunt! Finally!
    Good eppy, all in all.

Aah Snorunt, what can I say?

Spoiler:
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Good eppy.
    Hilarious Snorunt.
    BAD TITLE. Will never listen to that song for a while!(because of that and it's not Christmas )
    Overall:8.5/10
    They did well with this one.
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

*singing*

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It...Snorunt!

I had to laugh at Ash singing the name of the title. Haha! But as for the rest of the episode, it was an okay episode. Nothing more. Although I have to say, that Snorunt is a cuttie but such a little pain-in-the-neck.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Okay episode. Too many puns, though.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show. Thank God he didn't sing "Machoke Machoke Man" back in Johto.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    Thank God he didn't sing "Machoke Machoke Man" back in Johto.

He didn't?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show. Thank God he didn't sing "Machoke Machoke Man" back in Johto.
    MACHOKE MACHOKE MAN!
    I want to be a MACHOKE MAN!
    It would sould like that, right? Oh, & I thought Ash had 5 Pokemon. Snorunt must love being a sneak.

I thought this epsiode was great! Snorunt is soo cute. ^^And it helped out Ash too. Yeah it was mischevious, but it was doing it all for fun. XD I been waiting for Ash to get another Pokemon. ^^

10/10
    goodbye~

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast