name: SuperChamp
    move 1: Focus Blast
    move 2: Fire Blast
    move 3: Hyper Beam
    move 4: Hidden Power Elec
    item: Choice Specs
    nature: Modest
    evs: 252 SpA / 6 Def / 252HP

Are you tired of Blissey walling your team and you don't want to resort to the usual Machamp set to handle it? Well look no further, this set is so good it's called SuperChamp. Dealing a hefty 44.5% - 52.4% to standard Blissey with one focus blast, meaning it can 2HKO if you get some nice damage rolls, and the look on your opponent's face when you 2HKO their Blissey with a Focus Blast from this dog is priceless. CurseTar can't even handle the girth of a Focus Blast from this beast, dealing a nice 101% - 119.8%, which is an OHKO! Focus Blast also OHKO's standard CBScizor with spikes (71.7% - 85.1%), but in case you don't have those up Fire Blast does a nice 192.4% - 227.4%, meaning it can OHKO two Scizors at the same time with SR damage! People normally try to use Gyarados to Intimidate Machamp, but this one's special and it doesn't mind Intimidate and OHKO's BulkyDD Gyarados with HP Elec after SR (86.5% - 102.7%)! Swampert can't even handle two Focus Blasts from him 52.4% - 62%! Hyper Beam rounds out the set so Dragonite and Gliscor don't wall you, doing 59.1% - 69.7% and 59.1% - 69.7% respectively to the most common set of each, MixNite and BritScor.
    [SET COMMENTS]
    tuff
    Last edited by #TWERKTEAM; 26th January 2011 at 11:04 PM.

Even though its obviously a joke set consider Payback somewhere on SpecsChamp. It 2HKOs pretty much any Rotom switch in and OHKOs Gengar.

... I'm not sure why I'm even rating this..

Add foresight to Specschamp cause it lets it hit Gengar with hyper beam!11!111!!1!!

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Add foresight to Specschamp cause it lets it hit Gengar with hyper beam!11!111!!1!!
    Foresight plus Choice Specs equals fail. For that matter, Choice Specs plus Machamp equals fail XD. Still, I guess nobody will expect it.
    Might I suggest Mud-Slap? It does a whopping 25.6% - 30.2% to DS Magnezone and it hits Specially Defensive Wormadam (Who is extremely common this gen) for an unbelievably high 1.2% - 1.5%. You might want to put it in Other Options.
    Last edited by ASB; 27th January 2011 at 1:59 AM.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

i've barely seen any machamps this gen. it's slow and kinda bulky but not really so it can't really switch in against any powerhouses (i don't see how it would be useful against, say, a rain team as it can only switch in on natt and everything else kills it). also, like roobushin (which has also been declining in use from what i see), it has to deal with rankurus which it can't really get past unless you get insane dpunch hax.

also ice punch on everything. **** up gliscors, roob can't do that. bullet punch is OK but kinda not worth it now.

why would you pick a pokemon for POTW which didn't improve at all?
    <-----

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Foresight plus Choice Specs equals fail. For that matter, Choice Specs plus Machamp equals fail XD. Still, I guess nobody will expect it.
    Might I suggest Mud-Slap? It does a whopping 25.6% - 30.2% to DS Magnezone and it hits Specially Defensive Wormadam (Who is extremely common this gen) for an unbelievably high 1.2% - 1.5%. You might want to put it in Other Options.
    Ok there's no need to take a perfectly good joke and ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    *hangs head in shame and slowly wanders away*

Anyway, I think that Machamp can only really be used to exploit No Guard now, since it's been outclassed. It got a pretty useless Dream World Ability as well. It's faster, but Roobushin gets Mach Punch and this poor guy doesn't. He's got higher Special defense and (dare I say) special attack than Roobushin, but the latter is never used and Roobushin gets Drain Punch to pad the former. Wow. GameFreak hates their older pokémon, they're gradually outclassing so many previous threats and making them obsolete.
    Last edited by ASB; 27th January 2011 at 2:55 AM.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Actually, he's kinda right about one thing: Mud Slap. This Machamp will do about 27.16%-33.33% damage to 4/0 Heatran, a solid 4HKO and possible 3HKO. And just watch your opponent recoil in horror as the accuracy drop makes their precious Fire Blast never hit! Also, perhaps Vacuum Wave would have some utility on this set? Excellent STAB priority.

Oh SpecsChamp. Now I've seen everything!

No Guard means their Fire Blast will hit anyway...

[IMG]http://i30.*******.com/rkvq10.png[/IMG]
    [SET]

Are you tired of Blissey walling your team and you don't want to resort to the usual Machamp set to handle it? Well look no further, this set is so good it's called SuperChamp. Dealing a hefty 44.5% - 52.4% to standard Blissey with one focus blast, meaning it can 2HKO if you get some nice damage rolls, and the look on your opponent's face when you 2HKO their Blissey with a Focus Blast from this dog is priceless. CurseTar can't even handle the girth of a Focus Blast from this beast, dealing a nice 101% - 119.8%, which is an OHKO! Focus Blast also OHKO's standard CBScizor with spikes (71.7% - 85.1%), but in case you don't have those up Fire Blast does a nice 192.4% - 227.4%, meaning it can OHKO two Scizors at the same time with SR damage! People normally try to use Gyarados to Intimidate Machamp, but this one's special and it doesn't mind Intimidate and OHKO's BulkyDD Gyarados with HP Elec after SR (86.5% - 102.7%)! Swampert can't even handle two Focus Blasts from him 52.4% - 62%! Hyper Beam rounds out the set so Dragonite and Gliscor don't wall you, doing 59.1% - 69.7% and 59.1% - 69.7% respectively to the most common set of each, MixNite and BritScor.
    [SET COMMENTS]
    tuff
    I laughed my head off when I saw Champ with his badboy Specs on. XD

I guess this mean's we've pretty much said everuthing there is to say about Champy here...

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

Default Machamp

machamp/guts/adamant(item:flame orb)

fire punch
    Ice Punch
    facade/thunderpunch
    close combat

single battle

facade gives you a reliable 140 power move plus guts boost
    close combat for stab
    fire punch for steel(forretres,skarmory,scizor)
    ice for dragons

attack and speed EVs

double

machamp/no guard/ adamant(choice band)

dynamic punch(add pp max)
    stone edge
    toxic
    bullet fist

partner: Azelf/levitate/mild(life orb)

fire blast
    thunder
    iron tail
    explosion

this combination is resisted by none
    peace, love and lush

how about using fling on guts set? throwing around a 100% accurate burn can always be a nasty surprise, and maybe the set might find useful drain punch (since now it does have 75 base power) to mitigate burn or entry hazard damage and keep your defence stat intact.

so something like:

facade
    drain punch/close combat
    fling
    stone edge/payback/ice punch

thunder punch have only a minimal edge over facade against a thunder weak opponent, so i don't think it's worth using on this set.

I'd just like to say that it's not even worth it mentioning guts sets, as they're basically 100% outclassed by Roobushin.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
    tuff
    I've seen this before.....I even remember the picture...
    I'd just like to say that it's not even worth it mentioning guts sets, as they're basically 100% outclassed by Roobushin.
    We all know that, but they still work. This is if you want to use machamp instead. It's no fun if you don't get to use pokemon you don't like. I would use a machamp instead because it's for appealing to me, even though it has 4 arms....
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

this is what I use, not sure if many will like it though

Machamp (Jolly) @Life orb
    No Guard
    eh, not to big on EVs, made need some help on this one
    ice punch / fire punch / thunder punch (trying to figure out which gets better coverage)
    stone edge
    close combat / cross chop
    bulk up (?)

stone edge takes care of flyers, close combat / cross chop for STAB

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

Ok, no more spam about Specs Machamp.

I know these are really boring Pokemon to rate buy try to keep it on topic. I promise we'll do more interesting pokes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It's no fun if you don't get to use pokemon you don't like. I would use a machamp instead because it's for appealing to me, even though it has 4 arms....
    Ok, let me put it this way. This is competitive battling and the point is to win. There's nothing wrong with winning with Pokemon that you like, but for serious battles, there's no reason to encourage using something that's completely outclassed by something else. That's like using Phione instead of Manaphy just cause you like Phione better, which is just flat out stupid if you want to win your battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I promise we'll do more interesting pokes soon.
    ... in over a month when B+W come out in America... I've noticed how almost every set for all of the pokémon so far have been pretty much their most popular 4th gen sets, and only like one move on one of the sets is from 5th gen. I guess It's just because people aren't used to all of the new options yet so they aren't coming up with stuff. Delaying the featuring of the 5th gen pokes ought to give people some time to get used to the metagame anyway, so it's probably for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    ... in over a month when B+W come out in America... I've noticed how almost every set for all of the pokémon so far have been pretty much their most popular 4th gen sets, and only like one move on one of the sets is from 5th gen. I guess It's just because people aren't used to all of the new options yet so they aren't coming up with stuff. Delaying the featuring of the 5th gen pokes ought to give people some time to get used to the metagame anyway, so it's probably for the better.
    There's that, and the fact that every POTW so far has had virtually nothing new. Machamp and Blissey got squat, Tyranitar got just Tension for those scared of Sandstorm hurting the rest of their team, and Salamence got Dragon Tail (barely used) and Moxie (still not used quite as much as Intimidate). Now, if we move onto something like Blaziken or Gliscor then we'll be getting some new sets.

Indeed. I hope Gliscor is next. Victini would be awesome too.

I, sadly, am not a fan of Machamp. I know some, so i can help out the raters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Ok, let me put it this way. This is competitive battling and the point is to win. There's nothing wrong with winning with Pokemon that you like, but for serious battles, there's no reason to encourage using something that's completely outclassed by something else. That's like using Phione instead of Manaphy just cause you like Phione better, which is just flat out stupid if you want to win your battles.
    Well, phione is pathetic, machamp is not. Anyway, this is the pokemon of the week. We can't change what it is, so try to work with this one, even if you know it is outclassed.
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, phione is pathetic, machamp is not. Anyway, this is the pokemon of the week. We can't change what it is, so try to work with this one, even if you know it is outclassed.
    You missed my point entirely. You shouldn't use Guts Machamp because anything it does Roobushin does better, with higher attack, priority, etc. I've got nothing against working with Machamp as the POTW, and posting the viable sets, but there is no reason whatsoever to post sets that are significantly better pulled off by other things.

Ice punch is it's only good counter to its flying weakness...........Except for thunderpunch

Magikarp Used Splash Attack!!!!!!

NOTICE:
    I WILL BE GONE FROM JUNE 16 TO AUGUST
    13. I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE AT ALL DURING
    THIS TIME.
        Spoiler:- Special thanx:

Actually, if you think about it, a guts set might work better on machamp then on Roobushin, since no one expected it in the first place, and it's less likely now.

Plus, with higher speed then roobushin, guts might work with the choice scarf better.
    Ice punch is it's only good counter to its flying weakness...........Except for thunderpunch
    What about stone edge?

I reeeeally hope Speed Boost Blaziken is next. It could be a great mixed sweeper with Cheer Up, getting +1/+1/+1 every single turn, or it could just use Swords Dance to get the job done. Speed boost and the attack boosting moves might even allow it to run a quasi-bulky set which would allow it to set up more easily and take hits like a boss. It even gets priority in the form of STAB Vacuum Wave (the strongest one in the game outside of Lucario), though Speed Boost makes this less important. Finally, they made the original Fire-Fighting type better than the knock-offs. I guess they listened to the furious fans who were ranting about the overused typing. Game Freak has almost redeemed itself.

But anyway, this thread isn't about Blaziken. Gaah! Gotta get back on topic now.

As for Machamp: Ice Punch is generally better than ThunderPunch imo. It takes down Gliscor and Zdos, while ThunderPunch is better with Gyarados and Skarm.
    Last edited by ASB; 29th January 2011 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Added comma and fixed stuff because I'm a Grammar Nazi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast