Thread: cooljolteon/serebiifreak's BWG teams - please rate!

Default cooljolteon/serebiifreak's BWG teams - please rate!

I have been obsessing over these teams to make them as effective as possible, first by taking out most HM moves, then by taking out all Normal-Type moves other than Hidden Power. I really want these teams to be rated!

Oh, uh, I'm getting the first post ready as I'm typing this >P

NOTE: You can find me and my walkthrough videos and spriting videos on YouTube, username:
    serebiifreak

EDIT: Does anyone know how to close threads? 'Cuz I would really like to close this thread, seeing as I have reposted my teams in different topics.
    Last edited by cooljolteon; 13th February 2011 at 9:32 PM. Reason: something happened; info request

Default teams

These are the teams: (I am mostly concerned about the team for Black Version)

Black
    Serperior "Serebii" (Jalorda)
    Leaf Blade
    Aerial Ace
    Dragon Tail
    Swords Dance

Darmanitan "Dr. Jekyll" (Hihidaruma)
    Flare Blitz
    Superpower
    Dig
    Bulk Up

Simipour "Tanner" if M or "Katrina" if F (Hiyakkie)
    Waterfall
    Ice Beam
    Work Up
    Rock Slide

Mandibuzz "Scavenger" F (Barujiina)
    Fly
    Dark Pulse
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power/Bone Rush

Stunfisk "Kazap!" (Maggyo)
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake
    Hidden Power/Revenge

Garbodor "Trash Talk" (Dasutodasu)
    Sludge Bomb
    Rock Polish
    Psychic
    Payback

White
    Simisage "Tanner"/"Katrina" (Yanakkie)
    Energy Ball
    Work Up
    Hidden Power/Acrobatics
    Brick Break

Emboar "Serebii"
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm
    Scald
    Bulk Up

Jellicent "Niagara" (Burungeru)
    Waterfall
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Ice Beam

Braviary "Uncle Sam" (Yes, I am an American.) M (Wargle)
    Fly
    Superpower
    Shadow Claw
    Rock Slide

Bisharp "MetaKnight" (Kirikizan)
    Night Slash
    Iron Head
    X-Scissor
    Dig

Bouffalant "HippieBull" (Baffuron)
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Poison Jab
    Wild Charge

Gray
    Sawsbuck "Bambi" (Mebukijika)
    Horn Leech
    Wild Charge
    Jump Kick
    Megahorn

Simisear "Tanner"/"Katrina" (Baokkie)
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Shadow Claw
    Dig

Samurott "Serebii" (Daikenki)
    Waterfall
    Ice Beam
    X-Scissor
    Hidden Power/Revenge

Swoobat "Cocoa" (only makes sense with it's Japanese name, Kokoromori)
    Fly
    Psychic
    Charge Beam
    Energy Ball

Krookodile "Steve"/"Terri" (Waruvial)
    Earthquake
    Foul Play
    Dragon Claw
    Rock Slide

Stoutland "Radar"/"Nadu" (Muurando)
    Surf
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Crunch
    Last edited by cooljolteon; 8th February 2011 at 2:17 AM. Reason: noticed new English names for attacks; deleted HM Slaves; why am I editing this when I might be reposting them separately?

there is an announcement about posting multiple teams in one thread at the top of igrmt, i suggest you go and read it. also there's really no point in making a team for pokemon grey which is obviously unreleased and iirc still just a rumour.

rating your first team with the japanese names until all english names are confirmed on spp.

jalorda @ leftovers
    - coil
    - return
    - leaf blade
    - filler / iron tail

hihidaruma @ life orb
    - flare blitz
    - earthquake
    - rock slide
    - u-turn

barujina @ leftovers
    - nasty plot
    - roost
    - air slash
    - dark pulse / shadow ball / hidden power [fighting]

i don't know the others tbh but this should probably get you started.

[QUOTE=TheBlueRabbit;11888766]there is an announcement about posting multiple teams in one thread at the top of igrmt, i suggest you go and read it.

Actually, I noticed that rule after I posted these teams.

And also, you could call me a noob for this, but...
    I HATE using moves that do no damage, as well as Normal-Type moves. My philosophy has always been to go in and do as much damage as possible. It has always worked for me before.
    -EDIT: For SoulSilver Wi-Fi, though, I have been putting things like Calm Mind and Bulk Up on anything that could use them.
    -EDIT2: As of January 25, this philosophy has been rewritten - may put Nasty Plot on Barujiina, in the least.
    -EDIT3: Changed philosophy completely, with the exception of low-accuracy attacks.

Last note: I don't breed for my in-game teams. I just don't see the point. I don't EV train, since, every time I try to, I run into all the wrong Pokemon, and once, when I was looking for Vulpix to EV train against, all I ran into was the roaming Raikou that I had completely forgotten about. (caught it with a Fast Ball, by the way.)

Sidenote: I don't like Jalorda/Serperior. It just doesn't have enough good attacks.

One more sidenote: Do you think I sould use Tsunbear/Beartic instead of Dasutodasu/Garbodor? That was my original plan, and I'm starting to think that I should have stuck with the old plan.
    EDIT: I'm going with Beartic, as well as replacing Darmanitan with Chandelure.
    EDIT2side: In White, I replaced Bisharp with Eelektross.
    These changes will be reflected in the new posts as soon as I receive the OK to proceed.

Also: The reason I include a team for Gray is because it is inevitable. There is no way GameFreak would not release a 3rd version to Black and White.
    I also speculate RS and FRLG remakes, but those are stretches, and so have not planned teams for them.
    Last edited by cooljolteon; 8th February 2011 at 2:20 AM. Reason: change in philosophy after destroying Battle Tower with Return
    My fave Pokemon:

Jolteon
    Celebi
    Pichu
    Feraligatr
    Floette
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen

On the contrary, Normal types give excellent coverage, especially alongside water moves, which hit everything neutral except Empoleon, Brunkeru, and Shedinja. Perversity Serperior is excellent aswell, with a +2 boost on a 210 base power move every turn. In all, I kinda don't get your logic with normal moves and breeding.

First of all, I'm not going to have access to the Dream World. No wireless internet at home or anywhere else (my DS Lite doesn't seem to like Wi-Fi).

Second: I'll breed AFTER I finish the whole game. These teams are not for competitive battling, so there's no point in wasting resources on Pokemon that will just end up being used as breeding "tools" (that doesn't sound right...).

And third, I just don't like the fact that Normal-Type attacks don't get super-effective hits on anything. I try to get in as many X2 or X4 hits as I can, preferably X4, if possible.
    EDIT: This philosophy was recently reversed.

Fourth: I might end up EV training some Pokemon a bit, but most training will be done before every extremely important battle, e.g. all Pokemon to Lv. 54+ before challenging the Pokemon League (to be on the safe side with Geechisu or whatever the heck his English name is going to be).

Fifth: These teams ARE still NOT final. They will probably be kept the same, but my ideals with attacks can change practically in an instant.
    EDIT: They have changed (teams and ideals with attacks both).

OK, have I ranted enough? Yes? Good.

Plus, I do realize that I am not exactly an elite gamer, but my only loss over wireless battles was due to my opponent having a Dialga on his team. (He doesn't understand the concept of tiers, as he started liking Pokemon about a year and a half ago, and it took me about 4 years to figure it out.)

And now, for my funny story, since I seem to like putting these in.

My first ever Lv. 100 Pokemon was a Feraligatr. In my RUBY Version. I also had a Jolteon in my RUBY Version. A lot of characters probably thought, "What the HELL are those things?! The alligator and dog things?"

Feraligatr and Jolteon are currently in my cousin's possession (on his HeartGold), but my Ruby Version has shown wear and tear from being played since 2003 - the internal battery ran dry about a year ago. And my Gold Version is still running strong, battery and all. Ironic, isn't it?

EDIT: Not to mention, Jolteon's Nature is Timid.

(I have GOT to stop writing these uber-long replies...)
    Last edited by cooljolteon; 8th February 2011 at 2:22 AM. Reason: consistency
    My fave Pokemon:

Jolteon
    Celebi
    Pichu
    Feraligatr
    Floette
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen

Also, quick note: WHY did they have to take out things like Iron Tail and Steel Wing as TMs? All it did is ruin a lot of Pokemon's versatility, especially Flying-Types with Steel Wing!
    My fave Pokemon:

Jolteon
    Celebi
    Pichu
    Feraligatr
    Floette
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen

Steel Wing and Iron Tail sucked anyway, so no big deal.

Pretty much what TBR said. There aren't really any raters with enough time to do a full rate of three teams by a complete beginner anyway, so good luck getting useful replies.

:V
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

I'm probably going to repost these in seperate threads, if serebii.net lets me. Reason: I've noticed that this thread is basically dead, plus the fact that I radically altered my Black Version team.
    EDIT: I radically altered my White Version team, as well.
    Last edited by cooljolteon; 13th February 2011 at 1:30 AM. Reason: recent happenings
    My fave Pokemon:

Jolteon
    Celebi
    Pichu
    Feraligatr
    Floette
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen