Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: I feel bad for the Rival in this game.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    279

    Default I feel bad for the Rival in this game.

    Your rival in Pokemon R/B lives a sad life.

    He has no parents, only his sister and grandfather. You win the love from his grandfather. His raticate dies (permanently) in the middle of the game. When he becomes champion, you take that away from him.

    I'd feel bad for him if he was real
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius fan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    ...But he's still Gary MotherF****** Oak.

    But... Whatevah.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    For ****s sake, do you have primary source evidence to prove that his raticate dies? Do you? Because unless you can provide it you are talking out of your arse.

    And he has a Grandfather that actually pays attention to him. As oppose to the 'hero' who's mother disregards him the moment he walks out the door never to care for him again.

    Fortunately he's not real, it's just a bunch of pixels that have as much life in them as a lump of rock. Anyone can write a script to make you care for a rock.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    For ****s sake, do you have primary source evidence to prove that his raticate dies? Do you? Because unless you can provide it you are talking out of your arse.

    And he has a Grandfather that actually pays attention to him. As oppose to the 'hero' who's mother disregards him the moment he walks out the door never to care for him again.

    Fortunately he's not real, it's just a bunch of pixels that have as much life in them as a lump of rock. Anyone can write a script to make you care for a rock.
    Yes, I do have proof that his Raticate dies. In Lavender town, he asks how would you feel if one of your pokemon dies and then when you battle him for the next time, his Raticate isnt there. And no, I did not look this up, I own the game.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius fan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggron459 View Post
    Yes, I do have proof that his Raticate dies. In Lavender town, he asks how would you feel if one of your pokemon dies and then when you battle him for the next time, his Raticate isnt there. And no, I did not look this up, I own the game.
    There is a big difference between "proof" and "speculation".

    Learn the difference.

    ...Are you sure the rival asks how you would feel if one of your Pokemon died? I don't remember that...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggron459 View Post
    I'd feel bad for him if he was real
    He's too much of a jerk for me to feel sorry for, to be honest. His rude little remarks and his constant love for belittling you was just annoying. I know he's supposed to be your rival and that he's supposed to push you to try harder, but he was just a complete arse in these games.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    There is a big difference between "proof" and "speculation".

    Learn the difference.

    ...Are you sure the rival asks how you would feel if one of your Pokemon died? I don't remember that...
    Truth cant always be proven. In jury cases, only the one who commited the crime (or didnt) knows the truth. You gotta learn how to make proof from evidence.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius fan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Well I didn't now you were the only allowed to use PC boxes?
    I thought every trainer can use them!
    In all seriousness Your reason as for Radicate dying is is like a bad fanfic,it doesn't make sense
    Aww who doesn't like James's Giant AIDS filled needle?


    That is horrible yet hilairious at the same time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggron459 View Post
    Yes, I do have proof that his Raticate dies. In Lavender town, he asks how would you feel if one of your pokemon dies and then when you battle him for the next time, his Raticate isnt there. And no, I did not look this up, I own the game.
    You own the game... you must be the only person in the whole world to know the truth then. Lets look at some facts shall we? In Pokemon tower when you meet your rival he says:

    "Hey, RED! What brings you here? Your POKEMON don't look dead! I can at least make them faint! Let's go, pal!"
    "What? You stinker! I took it easy on you too!"
    "How's your POKEDEX coming, pal? I just caught a CUBONE! I can't find the grown-up MAROWAK yet! I doubt there are any left! Well, I better get going! I've got a lot to accomplish, pal! Smell ya later!"

    Not seeing anything being mentioned about death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggron459 View Post
    Truth cant always be proven. In jury cases, only the one who commited the crime (or didnt) knows the truth. You gotta learn how to make proof from evidence.
    You have to make proof from evidence, not assume things because they sound good. The difference in this case, is that I have proof.
    Red/Blue
    Yellow
    And for the sake of it, here's Fire Red/Leaf Green too.

    I will now be waiting for your proof on the rival saying what you claim he says.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 25th January 2011 at 7:46 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    O__O This whole Raticate death speculation is quite interesting, however I already felt sorry for him for the other reasons you said -o-


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    He always stays the Champion as they do in every generation.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  12. #12

    Default

    i think he was the best rival! he was always so cocky and in your face and always a step ahead of you which made you want to beat him!

    Heartgold FC 3825 4810 3415


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    340

    Default

    There is a live journal based on the Raticate theory, and it reads thusly:


    In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle...but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you...defeating you...and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated...by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.

    So the guy who posted this did in fact read that somewhere.

    Cower before ME!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    300

    Default

    My brother showed me a video and it went through with video evidencethe conversation that lead to the assumption and it almost made me cry :'(

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Well I didn't Know Red was the only one aloud to use Pc boxes?
    Aww who doesn't like James's Giant AIDS filled needle?


    That is horrible yet hilairious at the same time.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the secret cow level
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
    There is a live journal based on the Raticate theory, and it reads thusly:


    In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle...but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you...defeating you...and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated...by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.

    So the guy who posted this did in fact read that somewhere.
    okayyy wheres the solid proof to back that up?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    340

    Default

    There is none. I was just posting the original source.

    Cower before ME!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
    In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.
    Point of fact one. This conversation doesn't happen (see above)

    Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle...but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away.
    Fact two. The SS Anne is not crowded. There is barely anyone walking in the corridors, so a direct route from the place of battle to the entrance is unobstructed.

    The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.
    Fact three. He is there to catch a Marowak, as proven by the above quotes.

    Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you...defeating you...and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated...by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.
    All assumption and storytelling that anyone can make up. For example:

    Misty is described as a tomboy. The reason she is not in the pool with her other trainers is because of the medication she is on that can cause muscle relaxation. She's on medication in order to fulfil her lifelong feeling that she is in fact a man in a woman's body. acting like a tomboy was her only way out, but she became a gym leader to fund the expensive procedure.

    Sabrina's cold attitude is because she was abused as a child, and all her psychic pokemon help her by wiping her memory of the incident.

    Giovanni is the main character's dad because they both have black hair.

    Lance is the main character's dad because they both love pokemon.

    Your rival is actually your half brother, and the reason you are rivals is because your mother had an affair with the rival's father, and then he, your own father and your rival's supposed mother die in an accident caused during a big fight.

    With a bit more time, I could pull in a bit of quotes, ******** some more and start blogging about these 'amazing truths'.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    EGC
    Posts
    355

    Default

    They never siad he died, he even could have just relesed it. And besides, hes just a group of colorful pixals.


    We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,134

    Default

    Yeah, I don't recall it ever being confirmed that your rival's Raticate died. I always just assumed that he deposited it so that he could use a different Pokemon on his team. I mean let's face it, a Raticate will only get you so far in the games. And even if your rival's Raticate had died in the games, so what? I still wouldn't feel bad for him at all. You'd think that his Pokemon's apparent death would humble him a bit, but he was still an annoying jerk who kept pushing your buttons. Dead of alive, that Raticate didn't change how I felt about him.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Point of fact one. This conversation doesn't happen (see above)



    Fact two. The SS Anne is not crowded. There is barely anyone walking in the corridors, so a direct route from the place of battle to the entrance is unobstructed.



    Fact three. He is there to catch a Marowak, as proven by the above quotes.



    All assumption and storytelling that anyone can make up. For example:

    Misty is described as a tomboy. The reason she is not in the pool with her other trainers is because of the medication she is on that can cause muscle relaxation. She's on medication in order to fulfil her lifelong feeling that she is in fact a man in a woman's body. acting like a tomboy was her only way out, but she became a gym leader to fund the expensive procedure.

    Sabrina's cold attitude is because she was abused as a child, and all her psychic pokemon help her by wiping her memory of the incident.

    Giovanni is the main character's dad because they both have black hair.

    Lance is the main character's dad because they both love pokemon.

    Your rival is actually your half brother, and the reason you are rivals is because your mother had an affair with the rival's father, and then he, your own father and your rival's supposed mother die in an accident caused during a big fight.

    With a bit more time, I could pull in a bit of quotes, ******** some more and start blogging about these 'amazing truths'.
    Whip out your fork and knife because that guy just got served!

    QFT.

  22. #22

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Your rival is actually your half brother, and the reason you are rivals is because your mother had an affair with the rival's father, and then he, your own father and your rival's supposed mother die in an accident caused during a big fight.
    This has to be my favorite, even if it's just to show how dumb Pokemon speculation can get.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    alienplnt, blk spc
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I dont think his pokemon dies, he just gets a better one to replace it.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Damn, what's with all the hate. Unless we get a statement from the creators we can't decide if it's true or not. Just believe what you want, if that makes it more enjoyable for you.

    Personally I like to think the little things like this were intentional, adds a little more depth and maturity to the games. That doesn't mean it's true, I just like to think of it that way. But ****, you don't gotta type up essays and be all srs bsns for something like this. Calm the **** down, lol. I mean, voice your opinion, that's cool, but you don't gotta throw it in his face.

    Link me to an official statement that says this isn't true. kpeace.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the world
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I would feel sorry if he was real i guess. Anyway i think his ratticate is in his pc box.
    I have claimed Virizion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •