Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ferrothorn

As I said Ingrain can be used correctly though, you all do have Ingrains major faults in mind and thats good, but look at good side of Ingrain, prevents moves such as dragontail which can ruin some teams that focus on stat boosting, and it heals you so if you have ingrain with leftovers or leech seed, and as long as you have invested in sp def ev's you can survive quite a bit, I know mine has survived at least one fiery dance or flamethrower, getting in a cursed gyro ball I wasnt able to knock out a volcarona since it had a focus sash, but it was able to do serious damage to it allowing my next pokemon to kill it

Mind you, having someone else finish off the Volcarona means

YOUR FERROTHORN DIED

which somewhat detracts from its usefulness after that point in the match

I dreamt of Grass/Steel Pokemon since generation III, and I'm REALLY glad GameFreak made it both useful and awesome looking! To be perfectly honest, I don't use Ferrothorn as much as I would like. I typically play offence and Ferro is just too much of a set-up bait for too many different threats (SubSD Garchomp, SubDisable Gengar, basically anything with Sub, Volcarona, heck, even WoW/Taunt Jellicent). The metagame is so over prepared for him it's insane. Guess it shows just how good he is. ^^

I think therrothorn has it's populararity overated, I get him maybe one or two times in 20 battles, although it is pretty good when people use it in the right way though (not met anyone who has done that yet, although I am a newb). I get Scizor more often.

Not popular? HE TOPS THE PO USAGE CHARTS.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

What I want to mess around with is a curse Ferrothorn.

Something like,

Ferrothorn
    Item: Rugged Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 158 HP / 240 Atk / 112 SDed
    Curse
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    ?

Any suggestions for the final move, improvements or problems with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrodragon View Post
    What I want to mess around with is a curse Ferrothorn.

Something like,

Ferrothorn
    Item: Rugged Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 158 HP / 240 Atk / 112 SDed
    Curse
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    ?

Any suggestions for the final move, improvements or problems with this?
    With curse and a brave nature, you could sacrifice some more attack for sp.def. You could leech seed for some more Curses, or Bull Doze for coverage. I suggest bull doze. You might want to consider replacing Power Whip with Seed Bomb for some better accuracy, but power whip is good to.

Use leftovers, it'll help you stay in longer and get more curses.
    I think therrothorn has it's populararity overated, I get him maybe one or two times in 20 battles, although it is pretty good when people use it in the right way though (not met anyone who has done that yet, although I am a newb). I get Scizor more often.
    If you're talking about random matchup, it's hard to use in 3vs3.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Default Hello

Let me say Ferrothorn PWNS that is all

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Let me say Ferrothorn PWNS that is all
    Yeah, I fought some nasty ones on Random Matchup today. One was a curse tank and the other spread paralysis and leech seed. My poor Gyrados and Archeops. D:

theyre pretty nashty

This thread helped me out quite a bit on what EVS I should give my Ferrothorn, anywho I love Ferrothorn, I wasn't quite found of him initially after I replaced my Serperior for him since he seemed kinda weak at the time,(even thought of replacing him for Excadrill) but then I found out about the Rocky Helm combo and used him for a while after he evolved, and he kinda stuck on me.

The Waitress is practicing politics as the Businessman slowly gets stoned but their sharing a drink they call loneliness but it's better than drinking alone.Quote:Billy Joel's song Pianoman

I have roughly about 21 Crogunks all with Acupressure, meditate and drain punch, 2 Gligars with immunity one male and one female, two Deino eggs both with dark pulse and three Ferroseeds each with egg moves and I believe even a Totodile with ice punch and crunch, if any of these pokemon interest you please send me a pm as to which ones you want, all Pokemon are at level 1 besides the Gligars which are at level 40

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep Freak View Post
    Countering Ferrothorn
    Anything with a Fire Attack will slaughter him. He is also easily taken down by Taunt. This section is short, since he doesn't have many counters. Although, Blaziken does do a nice job.
    Sap Sipper bouffalant with taunt and earthquake does a nice job. It uses taunt, so therefore ferro cant curse or leech seed, it is then stuck on a power whip which powers up your earthquakes or on a non-raised gyro ball. I normally invest some EVs into defence in case of the uncommon gyro ball.

Roar!_________
    -----------------/_______/
    At that point ferrothorn tried to run away but due to it's abyssamal speed it failed. It then tried to retaliate at bouffalant but it only raised the power of the devastating earthquake that was about to rage across the land. Ferrothorn died in this earthquake and it's body was never found.
    R.I.P. Ferrothorn, your death was greatly appriciated!
    LOL HE'S DEAD!

Ferrothorn is a fantastic poke and is a welcome addition to the metagame. If you couple it with Jellicent, you have an amazing core that collectively resists pretty much everything.

yeah, ferrothorn is a great typing and has good stats.
        Spoiler:- My Friend Codes:

I'm one long-lost player. It's been at least a year since my last post...
    This is awkward...

Pokemon X & Y!!! Can't wait! It is released around my B-Day, so I'm even more excited!
        Spoiler:- Pokemon X & Y Pics:

Ferrothorn is a overall better poke than Forretress.
    The only thing Ferrothorn lacks is Toxic Spikes access and Rapid Spin, which it makes up for in Defenses.

I love about the fact it works excellent on Ubers Rain Dance teams (if you can get Ho-Oh out of the way, and Rain Dance up for Kyogre)

You know what I noticed? Without fail, every single Ferrothorn set can be countered by a Ferrothorn.

I challenge all people of this forum to find a Ferrothorn set that can easily defeat another Ferrothorn. Seriously.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    You know what I noticed? Without fail, every single Ferrothorn set can be countered by a Ferrothorn.

I challenge all people of this forum to find a Ferrothorn set that can easily defeat another Ferrothorn. Seriously.
    SpecsThorn with Hidden Power [Fire]. I tested it once, and it actually got some surprise KOs.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

Is Ferrothorn good as a lead, or should it come in after another Pokemon defeats counters or something?
    Hello. You have wasted 1 second of your life readin this

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=3405

Credit to Draya the Dark Master.

my ferrothorn
    sassy nature
    EV:252HP 252SP.DEF. 4DEF
    item:leftovers
    -leech seed
    -gyro ball
    -curse
    -substitute/ingrain(i change it sometimes)
    rate please!

Fear my mudkipz!

Never use ingrain. EVER! It's a self Shadow Tag. Sure it seems good on the turn you use it, however an opponent can just send in a fire type and it's game over for Ferro. Otherwise the set looks good. Maybe Protect over Sub, but it's not too important.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post
    Never use ingrain. EVER! It's a self Shadow Tag. Sure it seems good on the turn you use it, however an opponent can just send in a fire type and it's game over for Ferro. Otherwise the set looks good. Maybe Protect over Sub, but it's not too important.
    Yeah..

Ferrothorn used Ingrain!
    Foe swapped out Ferrothorn!
    Foe sent out Charizard!
    Now, watch them try to power whip you as you DD/Subbelly away. Well, gyro ball in this case, but still...

okay, thanx for the advice

Fear my mudkipz!

Quote Originally Posted by iShock View Post
    Is Ferrothorn good as a lead, or should it come in after another Pokemon defeats counters or something?
    I'd be amazed to discover the fascinating use Ferrothorn would get in walling things that set up entry hazards and screens.

^ Ummmm... wut?
    Hello. You have wasted 1 second of your life readin this

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=3405

Credit to Draya the Dark Master.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post

Rock smash ferrothorn can defeat other ferrothorns (and sap sipper bouffalant)
    Therefore making this better than the other s
    Anything else not weak to rock smash and gyroball will cause it some problems though..
    (>^.^)># "I made you a waffle" (>'.')># "But then I was like..." (>^#^<) "..I'm hungry!" (>^.^)> "So I ate it."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast