Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz14456 View Post
    Someway to check (if an individual allows it in the options) when the people on your friend list (not as individuals, as all of the friends at once) were last on. Its troublesome to look at each individual profile to see who's on when you want an swift, reliable answer.
    May be impossible, due to the way VB3 works, or most likey a hack, which Serebii won't add.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

This is a pondering thought, but what if we made a Dream World sub-forum? We could have DW Recent Happenings, DW Pokemon discussion, DW furniture discussion, DW area discussion, DW mini-game discussion, etc.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    This is a pondering thought, but what if we made a Dream World sub-forum? We could have DW Recent Happenings, DW Pokemon discussion, DW furniture discussion, DW area discussion, DW mini-game discussion, etc.
    Or we could save space and just use the one Dream World thread which is functioning fine with discussion pertaining to all aspects of Dream World.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Or we could save space and just use the one Dream World thread which is functioning fine with discussion pertaining to all aspects of Dream World.
    I guess it would be a matter of space versus organization. If we really wanted to save space, we could do that.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Dream World is a part of a bigger game. Having a sub forum for it would be like having a sub forum for Contests or a Sub Forum for Pokethalon. True they are not quite as big, but uyou can't play Dream World exclusively, at some point you have to go back to Black or White, so 'recent happenings' just comes under the usual BW Thread. The Pokemon in DW have different abilities, that is the only difference between them and any other pokemon, they don't need a whole thread to themselves.

You've also only pointed out 5 potential threads. There's no point having a whole forum for five threads, unless you can think of another 25 or so potential threads that wouldn't be repeats of themselves, to make having a new forum necessary.

Banner Count: 14

I noticed recently that in both the quick and advanced replies lack a button for the [*S][/S] tags. Would it be possible to put a button for that, like there are the bold, italic, and underline tags?

“Oh, and I certainly don't suffer from schizophrenia. I quite enjoy it. And so do I.”
    - Emilie Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    I noticed recently that in both the quick and advanced replies lack a button for the [S][/S] tags. Would it be possible to put a button for that, like there are the bold, italic, and underline tags?
    Don't think so. And I wouldn't want one anyway cause I feel it's more suited more older forum members. Having newbies spamming it will take out the fun in it.

Can we have a block feature on here like on Facebook? Is that even possible? Blocking someone means you can't see their profile and posts and they won't see yours, either. I think this is a LOT better than the lame Ignore feature on here.
    Last edited by PikaPika677; 21st November 2011 at 1:21 AM.

I was wondering if there could be an overall Computer/Discussion forum, with Tech Help and Webmasters & Websites being subforums of that. This is because there is not really a place to discuss general things about computers here.

How about a Troll Thread Database? You know, like a sub-forum dedicated to all (failed) troll threads, depending on the opinions of the mod who closed it. I mean, it would be great to browse whenever you're bored, and it would clear Misc and GPD (as well as other forums) of useless troll and spam threads.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Don't think so. And I wouldn't want one anyway cause I feel it's more suited more older forum members. Having newbies spamming it will take out the fun in it.

Can we have a block feature on here like on Facebook? Is that even possible? Blocking someone means you can't see their profile and posts and they won't see yours, either. I think this is a LOT better than the lame Ignore feature on here.
    How is writing text with strikethroughs fun? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    How is writing text with strikethroughs fun? :/
    Because it gives the illusion that you know more than you should about posting. Some users get WAAAAY to excited when they learn how to use strikethrough on every other word.

thanks adam you da best
    average bi whos ready to try
    formerly blastoiseboy19

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    I noticed recently that in both the quick and advanced replies lack a button for the [*S][/S] tags. Would it be possible to put a button for that, like there are the bold, italic, and underline tags?
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post

we can only do features that are built into vb, and a block feature isn't built in. the ignore feature is all we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    How about a Troll Thread Database? You know, like a sub-forum dedicated to all (failed) troll threads, depending on the opinions of the mod who closed it. I mean, it would be great to browse whenever you're bored, and it would clear Misc and GPD (as well as other forums) of useless troll and spam threads.
    the whole point of getting rid of spamming and trolling threads is to not attract more attention to the useless crap that gets posted. having a whole forum for that would just attract more attention and lead to more morons worshiping failed troll threads.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Uhm..how about making yer own SPPf skin? Liek in Bebo..make your own Graphics and upload them..also you can share them if you wanted
    I think itll be Lyrawesome to have that ! nya~

It would require at least mod permissions (if not higher, or some new usergroup at the least, or so is my understanding) for people to make skins. (Not as simple as uploading them for VB at any rate - you need to do it through the forums). Also, we'll only be looking at making skins when we update the forums - not before.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join for the post blitz and events now!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Cheating? In my VGC? We look into the World VGC 'Ray Rizzo event' last month and more.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    Uhm..how about making yer own SPPf skin? Liek in Bebo..make your own Graphics and upload them..also you can share them if you wanted
    I think itll be Lyrawesome to have that ! nya~
    The thing is, you have to have someone to code the skin into a template, which takes a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    The thing is, you have to have someone to code the skin into a template, which takes a long time.
    There is another Problem is that almost all of our current skins are based on the same custom Template. We've thinking of keeping certain items exactly the same across all themes. And we've not decided that either, so you can't just make a VB4 forum and several skins to copy straight over. I can't tweak the skins, so a Smod, or most likely Admin position is needed.

We actually do have a "Troll database." We're not keen on making that public. Arguably, there's two, "Troll" and Ban, as a lot of Trolls don't make it to the "Troll" database, but usually earn a ban before they do actually start annoying us. The contents of the the Ban database would mean that we have to force everyone to legally agree to a new set of rules for to for us to show that, or Serebii can be in lots of trouble. The only reason why we even have either of them at all is so that all our staff can do our jobs. Beyond two members of staff those databases starts becoming a necessity.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Misc Anime avitars/skins
    I REALLY WANT TO SEE SHINIGAMI WHEN I GO ON SSPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mariobrosvswariobros View Post
    Misc Anime avitars/skins
    I REALLY WANT TO SEE SHINIGAMI WHEN I GO ON SSPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Put it in your sig. Serebii has said a billion times he wont add non-pokemon avatars. The furthest he went was Smash Bros avatars.

Banner Count: 14

Can you make it that serebii bot can find anyone that has no posts, has links in the sig, and no friends and then report them?

Even if I linked to a non ad-bot, a mod would be able to check it.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Blue Dragon View Post
    Can you make it that serebii bot can find anyone that has no posts, has links in the sig, and no friends and then report them?

Even if I linked to a non ad-bot, a mod would be able to check it.
    Unfortunately although this would be useful, VBulletin doesn't have it available and it would be very complex to do.

Any chance BW pokemon will have their animated sprites added soon?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Any chance BW pokemon will have their animated sprites added soon?
    Unfortunately not, they're huge and I'm not made of cash

Why don't you guys block registration from proxy servers? I know many forums that do it, including some using vBulletin, and they all have little to no bots and very few repeat trolls. Seems like it could do more good than bad; is it a hack/not available on this version of vBulletin?

Also, replace Joe with a robot made entirely of cash.

We block many proxy IPs, the problem is that there are so many and they all switch to them

I'm probably going to get flamed by the mods for this, but I really see no point in the all-purpose sticky threads in the General Pokemon Discussion thread. Basically all they do is prevent actual discussions from starting. Things are said in them and pretty much forgotten except by one or two people, and then they're forgotten.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast