Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest (677)

Default Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest (677)

Yaguruma Forest! Sewaddle and Arty!!

On their journey to Castelia City, Ash & Co. enter Yagaruma Forest. Upon entering it, Ash sees a Sewaddle and is eager to capture it. However, when he chases it into the forest, he seems to get lost and can't find their way out. However, while in the forest, Ash & Co. meet Arty, the Castelia City Gym Leader, and before too long, the Sewaddle appears...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

-Pretty sure Dent just said Sewaddle was a mascot for fashion designers...O.O
    -Sewaddle traps Ash in a giant string shot ball. LOL.
    -Iris thought she heard the 'voice of the forest' but it was Ash's stomach rumbling ... he's hungry. Even more LOl.
    -Arty's living like an insect to get some inspiration for his art.
    -The Sewaddle is wild! Arty said so himself.
    -Arty and Iris do some ET thing with Sewaddle (using String Shot, I believe) ... but Sewaddle head butts Ash and walks away when he tries to make friends.
    -Arty talks like a nut. This guy is seriously not all there.
    -Aww, cutest sleeping pose ever. Please catch Sewaddle, someone!
    -The gang, minus Cilan, lay down and look at some clouds while Sewaddle sleeps.
    -Sewaddle wakes up and eats more. Arty says its proof that its alive.
    -Woobat attack!! Sewaddle is quite strong.
    -Sewaddle gives Ash an apple. Aww.
    -Cilan serves Arty's favourite food for dinner ... because he's a sommalier and not because he was stalking he FB page.
    -He also thinks that Shooting stars have a 'fantastic taste'. O.o
    -Sewaddle comes to sleep with Ash and Pikachu, Arty notes how rare that sort of behaviour is for a Sewaddle.
    -Pikachu wakes the gang up in a panic - Sewaddle has been stolen by a Patrat. Sewaddle escapes using String Shot but gets blown onto a charging Deerling.
    -The gang are too slow to keep up, don't notice and keep following Patrat.
    -According to Arty, Patrat eat Sewaddle's leaves when they're sick to get better. Patrat stole Sewaddle to help one of its sick family members. Arty dives them medicine to heal it, but it's bitter. Apparently Iris didn't have time to go find one of her magic healing flowers.
    -They find the Sewadldle with half its leaf eaten by Deerling, he falls down a cliff after falling of Deerling's back. Ash follows. They're in a river! Excitement!
    -Arty's Leavanny to the rescue!
    -Ash: 'Will you come with me Sewaddle? "kurukuru" (a kinda pun). And it's caught! Sewaddle is Krabby! :P (To explain the pun Ash asks Sewaddle something like "issho-ni kuru-ka", which is litterally 'With me-to come-will you?' Kurumiru responds 'Kurukuru', which, although it's just saying its name, is kinda like it's saying 'I'll come! I'll come!'. Cute).
    -Ash forgot how many pokemon he has...Cilan has to remind him.
    -It isn't an auto transfer to Oak/Juniper, the 7th's Pokeball stops working and he has to go to a Pokemon Centre and send one of his mon to Juniper. Who he sent ... I missed because I assumed it would be Sewaddle and was typing this *fail*. But it's not Sewaddle or Pikachu and maybe not Scraggy or Oshawott, jugding by the preview, but he could've rotated by then. Gah. (Apparently he may not have said who he sent...which is odd, but meh. Second viewing ftw!)
    -No TR.
    -Note, I reserve the right to change my translations, given a 2nd or 3rd viewing. :P
    Last edited by Sabonea_Masukippa; 27th January 2011 at 10:56 AM.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Again Ash tried to capture a pokemon, Sewaddle without beating it yet, he should've learned it already...
    Arty has an interesting personality, reminds me of Barry a little bit.

It started to develop a real friendship with Ash who saved him from Woobat, and from the river by Arty's Hahakomori. And Ash got it!

And yeah no TR in this ep
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 27th January 2011 at 10:21 AM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I wonder which Pokemon did Ash give to Juniper. Wow... Suspense

Probably Zuruggu was transferred. Or even Snivy (I hope not, Snivy is awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

Pretty sure Ash is just going to be rotating his team now

So Ash finally has some rotation going?

Looks like he is coming up in the Pokemon world.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Personally I agree with Serebii and I think that they will have Ash rotate his team and it might be off screen and at will and we might not know who he has on his team at one time unless he has a full battle or lets them all out of their pokenballs at once for some reason. As who I think Ash sent to Juniper/Oak I think it was Pidove since I don't see him rotating his starters much and we saw Zuruggu in the previews and he appears in the BW020 Sketches.

Ash and... Sewaddle? Interesting. Never saw that one coming. Could it be the "Butterfree" of this gen? I liked they way they used Arty.

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Zach View Post
    Probably Zuruggu was transferred. Or even Snivy (I hope not, Snivy is awesome)
    Doubt it it's in the next episode, i think Ash sent Tsutaja, or probaly Mamapeto.

I hope Ash keeps up the rotating.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Ash won't be using reserves in the league I imagine (just because of the nature of this region, its similarities to Gen III, etc - reserves will be saved for the filler arc), so the writers giving Ash this Sewaddle, so he'll have more than 6 to rotate at the league, is a very good move. Remember he had 7 Pokemon at the Kanto league, having already released Primeape and Butterfree.

Great move from the writers. I expect a catching drought now but I imagine he will capture one or two more. Cool ep.

I hope that he rotates them frequently so we can see all of his Unova pokemon constantly being shown.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Meh so it went to Araragi? I hope in the ends he brings them home to Kanto.

Anyway didnt see the episode today but from what Ive read/saw in videos the episode seems nice.

So did it say that he sent a pokemon to Prof. Juniper? I know your pokemon are autmoatically transferred to wherever you got your pokedex from, but just wanted to make sure. Also, my three guesses are:
    * Pidove
    * Snivy
    * Tepig

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Storming the Tower of Chaos with Mirror Team Flare to stop Dr. Sycamore
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    Personally I agree with Serebii and I think that they will have Ash rotate his team and it might be off screen and at will and we might not know who he has on his team at one time unless he has a full battle or lets them all out of their pokenballs at once for some reason. As who I think Ash sent to Juniper/Oak I think it was Pidove since I don't see him rotating his starters much and we saw Zuruggu in the previews and he appears in the BW020 Sketches.
    The biggest contender for being Oaked actually is Tsutaja in my opinion, sure Mamepato isn't a starter and therefore makes it likely to be switched out, but:

- Mamepato still needs a lot of development, especially considering the upcoming gym battle.
    - Tsutaja is practically done in terms of development, movewise.
    - While Mamepato/Mijumaru/Pokabu needed work according to Shooti, Tsutaja was fine.
    - Tsutaja is a Grass type, just like Kurumiru.
    - Tsutaja is the worst starter to use against Bug types..

Pikachu - Stays
    Mamepato - Stays due to need of training
    Mijumaru - Unsure, but regarding the fact that it still needs to perfect Aqua Jet, I'd gander it to be staying.
    Pokabu - Stays, regarding the type of the upcoming gym, I'd gander it to be staying.
    Tsutaja - GOES BYEBYE. No need of her in the gym battle, and she's perfectly fine as is.
    Zuruggu - Stays, confirmed in the preview/scans, it just hatched, duh.
    Kurumiru - Stays of course...

I mean the sole reason why they gave Tsutaja such an advanced moveset is because they could then drop her off the team in favour of rotating some reserves without her trailing too far behind. As she's miles ahead of everybody movewise that's not Pikachu, it will be perfectly fine for her to miss a few episodes in favour of developing the reserves. I mean didn't all you guys find it fishy that while Pokabu only had Ember and Tackle that Ash had another member with Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade Vine Whip and Attract?

She and Meguroko/Warubiru will do great in the Raimon City gym. I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    Ash won't be using reserves in the league I imagine (just because of the nature of this region, its similarities to Gen III, etc - reserves will be saved for the filler arc), so the writers giving Ash this Sewaddle, so he'll have more than 6 to rotate at the league, is a very good move. Remember he had 7 Pokemon at the Kanto league, having already released Primeape and Butterfree.

Great move from the writers. I expect a catching drought now but I imagine he will capture one or two more. Cool ep.
    Meguroko is going to come pretty soon. I think that BW020 isn't that outlandish as Ash and it are seemingly bonding in the episode. The lunchboxes don't lie either, they tell the truth, and a Warubiru on the box means that Meguroko is caught and evolves at some point close in time.

But then you're correct, he'll stick with those eight for a while, evolving a few of them (the reserves and the bird at least), then after Hodomoe City, or Fukuyose City he could catch some new types, like Litwick (love that English name), or a Beartic for awesomeness.

About the episode: Arty is a hoot..
    Last edited by Locormus; 27th January 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The lunchboxes don't lie either, they tell the truth, and a Warubiru on the box means that Meguroko is caught and evolves at some point close in time.
    Or it continues to follow them for a while, evolves, and then continues to follow them without ever getting captured. Just because a lunchbox has it behind Pikachu doesn't mean he's going to catch it.

Yeah it was probably Pokabu or Tsutaja who was oaked, So Ash can use Kurumiru, Tsutaja(Ash doesn't always care about type advantages) and Mamapeto.

3 questions,

What was Arty's connection with Kurumiru, what i mean is why did they touch heads?

Did Ash have a different ground battle pose, what was it?

Did Kurumiru know bug bite?

Yeah, Meguroko should be capture also, maybe episode 20 or Ash catches up with it in the resort desert.
    Last edited by playerking; 27th January 2011 at 12:15 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

It gets interesting after fifteen minutes or something

Oshawott was in BW020 and apparently Scraggy is in BW019. Obviously it can't be Pikachu or Sewaddle that goes to Juniper, so that leaves Tepig, Snivy & Pidove. Pidove needs a lot development and should be used in the Castelia Gym, along with Tepig. Snivy has had a lot of development and is practically the same type as Sewaddle, so it wont be bad for Snivy to go to Juniper.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

What was Arty's connection with Kurumiru, what i mean is why did they touch heads?
    I'm not sure, I think it was just using String Shot to tickle them. Need to re-watch.
    Other than that, it was just a wild Sewaddle, and Arty had no special connection to it at all.

Did Ash have a different ground battle pose, what was it?
    You'd have to explain what a ground battle pose was to me first.

Did Kurumiru know bug bite?
    Not 100% sure if they said so explicitly. Will check for you when I rewatch it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Yeah it was probably Pokabu or Tsutaja who was oaked,
    Don't you mean Juniperd?

Anyway, I think now it's safe to say we can go back to the Kanto-Unova-Equivalent Theory:
    * Pidove- Pidgeotto
    * Oshawott- Squirtle
    * Tepig- Charmander
    * Snivy- Bulbasaur
    * Scraggy- Primeape
    * Sewaddle- Caterpie

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Storming the Tower of Chaos with Mirror Team Flare to stop Dr. Sycamore
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Is this the first series where he rotates his team? Wow actually taking advice from Gary when he told Ash he rotates all his pokemon. 600 episodes later but still..

Why did they spamm that disco music --.--
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

So any Pokemon he catches in Unova will be Juniper'd? Shouldn't they go to Oak considering he ALWAYS gives Ash a Pokedex?

Anyway, glad he'll finally start rotating his team, 'bout damn time writers!

EDIT: I forgot, Juniper gave Ash his newest Pokedex in the first episode, so yeah, any reserves will be Juniper'd, not Oak'd. Hopefully he actually brings his Juniper'd Pokemon back to Oak's once he leaves Unova (or Juniper can do the transfering herself).

EDIT 2: I like what the writers did with the new "over 6 Pokemon in the party rule" where the extra Pokeball's just lock themselves. I think that signals a bunch of reserves now, if there was any doubts lol.
    Last edited by PokeMasterJames; 27th January 2011 at 2:11 PM. Reason: I derp'd. Twice.
    On my YouTube channel, I am currently LPing Pokémon Black. Upcoming is Donkey Kong Country and previously done is Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Or it continues to follow them for a while, evolves, and then continues to follow them without ever getting captured. Just because a lunchbox has it behind Pikachu doesn't mean he's going to catch it.
    But the bonding and the will to fight Satoshi and possibly asking him for help wich means he trusts him in episode 20 does.

It cant be compared to Jigglypuff since Jigglypuff never shown interes in Satoshi besides putting them to sleep and painting their faces, same story with Hipopotas the thing follow them to help them get his mother I believe and never appeared again, Meguroko chalenged him into a battle 10 episode or so after seeing him and will possibly ask him for help in episode 20, to me that screams bonding and capture just like I felt in the Dent/Ishizumai episode, so yeah I will be annoyed if he doesnt catch him after the build up.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast