Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest (677)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    -No TR.
    Excluding specials, isn't this the first time this has happened since the very first ep?
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

No, but I can certainly lie down on the grass, or watch the evening sky. That's what I was referring to: the philosophy about life/moral that this episode seems to focus on; I don't consider the moral to be that someone, for no apparent reason, will be mean to someone else; and that someone else will still care anyway, again with no apparent reason to do, and then eventually everything will work out b/c said person is so caring and saves the formally mean person. The action scenes are what they are, but there's not much story to them. Sooo, what I took from the episode was how beautiful nature can be, and for those scenes, there wasn't any pokemon magic to them. It was staring at the sky, lying in grass, and enjoying the starry night.

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    Excluding specials, isn't this the first time this has happened since the very first ep?
    TR wasn't in 16 either.

love that Ash caught Sewaddle as i didnt like that half his team were starters and it's got a great personality. I'm thinking that either Pidove or Sewaddle will evolve off-screen.
    I don’t like the people that leave comments on the internet.

They preach they’re perfect while they’re f*****g you with intellect.

BIRD IS THE WORD

Quote Originally Posted by pickledArbok View Post
    love that Ash caught Sewaddle as i didnt like that half his team were starters and it's got a great personality. I'm thinking that either Pidove or Sewaddle will evolve off-screen.
    I don't think any of his pokemon will evolve off screen.

Did Kurumiru use tackle in this episode??

Quote Originally Posted by phantasystar69 View Post
    I don't think any of his pokemon will evolve off screen.
    It may happen because i'ts only 18 episodes in and he's already got 6 Unova pokemon and it's arguable to say that he will get some more, also his resident bird poke usually evolves to its final stage as well as a few other evolutions by the end of the saga, so adding the amount of pokes he will obtain it's possible.

1rkhachatryan, no Sewaddle used bug bite, razor leaf and string shot only from what I recall.
    I don’t like the people that leave comments on the internet.

They preach they’re perfect while they’re f*****g you with intellect.

BIRD IS THE WORD

I loved todays episode, it was great and I agree about Ash/Dento/Iris becoming a real trio I'm really liking them together, they have great chemistry. I truley hope they travel together a couple of more series later on. Animation was simply amazing, I just coudln't stop looking at the background and the forest wow. Arty, couldn't decide who was more fabulous: Arty or Dento? Over all, fun episode. And I'm liking that Team Rocket isn't in every episode, like I said before, hopefully they do that with the league too.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

This episode is definitely one of the better episodes of BW so far. I too agree that there's a nice chemistry developing amongst the trio, which I hope gets developed even further.

After the milestone of Team Rocket not being in every single episode, now we have the milestone of Ash possibly rotating his team.

Despite the fast pacing, I'm hoping this series gets stretched out a bit if it means more milestones like these.

And I hope Dent and Iris start catching more pokemon soon. Then we can see the trio develop more.

Ok, so I just saw the episode pics, and while it was a good episode, I still can't understand why the 7th ball didn't teleport itself automatically. No TR is fine for now as long as they come with something big. Can't wait for the gym match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Ok, so I just saw the episode pics, and while it was a good episode, I still can't understand why the 7th ball didn't teleport itself automatically.
    Most probably because the anime is trying to show that things work differently in Unova in comparison to Kanto.

Sewaddle is awesome. Has a cool personality and confidence. I wonder how it will interact with the others of in the team? Arti is on another level of faboulousness from Dent lol. Glad the anime writers are trying something new with rotations. Hopefully it will work out
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Most probably because the anime is trying to show that things work differently in Unova in comparison to Kanto.
    Also, do remember that we haven't see that happen for like over 10 years so I doubt the children in Japan even knew what it looked like.

OMG...Kurumiru is so stinking adorable!!! Arty is kinda out there. lol Great episode.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I finally watched this episode, and I have to admit that it was much more faaaabulous than I thought it would be at first. I think the music and the animation made all the difference this time around. Anyway, it looked like things started out just as Ash and friends were overlooking the Yaguruma Forest. Oh God, I loved the music that played during that scene. Anyway, they finally walked into the forest, and it was beautiful! I've never seen anything so cool in the anime before, so seeing the Yaguruma Forest's unique design was a special treat. Then, out of nowhere, a Sewaddle appeared and kicked Pikachu! Haha, that was funny. Pikachu attacked it, but it dodged and Ash got attacked instead. Ah, poor Ash: he keeps getting attacked in Unova. It was amazing seeing Sewaddle use Razor Leaf and how Pikachu dodged them all. Unfortunately, Pikachu got caught by Sewaddle's String Shot and then it suffered at the hand of (or teeth of) Bug Bite. As Ash scanned Sewaddle into his Pokedex, I noticed that Wild Pokemon battle music, which sounded great since it fit the scene. It looked like Ash tried to capture the Sewaddle, but it used String Shot and tied Ash in a bundle of sticky thread. Pfft, Ash looked like he was wearing a Lady Gaga outfit; he looked so fashionable. Pikachu cut the threads and attacked Sewaddle, but it got away. Obviously, Ash just had to go after it. Will he ever learn? Iris and Cilan finally caught up with Ash once he tripped and fell, and they made their way through the forest once more. Iris led the way out of the forest, but they ended up near some cliffs in the middle of nowhere from the look of things. Looks like Iris has no sense of direction. Ash and friends made their way deeper into the forest, and they encountered a giant tree. What I found odd about that area of the Yaguruma Forest was that there was a weird green mist hanging in the air. Was the forest polluted? Probably not, but I was curious. Iris and Ash both climbed the giant tree and they got a cool view of the forest below. Just then, Ash and Iris noticed something weird on the three. It looked like a cocoon of sorts but then it was revealed to be: dun!-dun!-dun!, Arti of the Hiun City Gym! Yep, this stuff just writes itself. We got some of Cheren's theme music in there while he jumped between Ash and Iris. Later, they all climbed back down and we got to see all of Arti. He looked weird, even more weird than he looked in the games. He wasn't so faaaabulous after all. He then revealed that he was a Gym Leader and he did some weird poses. I laughed at how ridiculous he was lol. After Ash and friends introduced themselves, Arti was apparently trying to draw but he didn't have inspiration. I guess he was just an artist, searching for something beautiful to draw. We then got to see some of the sketches that he drew, and I have to say: they weren't all-that special. I could have drawn most of those, and I suck at art haha. Just as Ash did his own faaaabulous pose, Sewaddle appeared and kicked him! Oh, that Sewaddle looked mad!

It appeared that Arti knew the wild Sewaddle though, and that they were traveling through the forest together. Man, I thought Sewaddle looked super cute as it ate those leaves! After that, Cilan started making lunch while Arti put his head next to Sewaddle's. It looked cool yet also a bit creepy. I laughed when Ash tried it and Sewaddle just headbutted him lol. Arti, Ash, and Iris then followed Sewaddle and it started eating leaves again. I guess it loves to eat. It then slept when they arrived in a meadow, and I loved that Asian-esque music that played as Ash, Iris, and Arti watched the clouds pass by. Just as Sewaddle was having another snack, a Woobat appeared! I thought it was Jessie's at first, but it was soon apparent that it was wild. Sewaddle managed to destroy the Woobat's Double Team clones, but then another Woobat appeared from behind. The Woobat were going to attack Sewaddle, and I was amazed that Ash got in there and took the attack instead. Sewaddle and Pikachu then took care of the wild Woobat, and they fled. I loved that Sewaddle brought an apple to Ash. So cute! Ash and friends finally had lunch and they apparently decided to sleep on that giant tree, which was sort of random, IMO. As they observed the starry sky, they saw some shooting stars which I don't believe has happened in the anime before, so this episode gets even more points. And OMG, I almost died when Sewaddle entered Ash's sleeping bag! In the morning, Ash and friends were woken up by Pikachu. It seemed that Sewaddle has stuck to a wild Patrat's head and Ash jumped off of the tree to rescue it. Sewaddle managed to get off by itself, but then got stuck on a wild Deerling's head. Good grief, that thing was clumsy. Ash and friends ran after the Patrat, and discovered that it had only taken Sewaddle because it needed the leaf around its neck to cure another sick Patrat. Ok, random reason, much? Arti gave it medicine, and Ash and friends left the cave. They found the Deerling with Sewaddle, and just as Ash was about to grab Sewaddle, the wind blew it and it fell down a canyon, into a river. Naturally, Ash went in after it and just as he and Sewaddle were about to fall down a waterfall, Arti sent out his Hahakomori (Leavanny, whatever you wanna call it) to save them with its String Shot attack. Ash and Sewaddle were rescued, though Ash noticed that Sewaddle's leaf collar had been eaten away. Aww, too bad. Luckily, Arti's Hahakomori managed to create a new leaf collar for Sewaddle out of a large leaf, and Sewaddle looked as cute as ever. It seemed to finally respect Ash and it allowed him to capture it at long last! However, since it was his 7th Pokemon, the Poke Ball sealed itself. Well, Ash seemed to swap Pokemon at the PC so that he could take Sewaddle with him, and everything was well with the world again. Arti finally got his inspiration and he looked pretty darn cool as he left for Hiun City with his cape blowing in the wind haha. Ash and friends then set out for Hiun City, too. A good episode I think, so 9/10. Stay faaaabulous~

I really enjoyed this episode. Arty was so weird but cool at the same time. I like the BW trio a lot, their chemistry is good. Sewaddle was so cool how it initially disliked Ash. It kicked him twice and headbutted him.

The one thing I must note is that when Ash deposited his sixth Pokemon I didn't see Pikachu anywhere. I know he didn't deposit Pikachu but it was interesting that I didn't see the little yellow mouse. I wonder who he did deposit though.

Disclaimer: Don't waste your time quoting anything I get wrong if it was explained earlier in the thread. I typed this up while watching the episode, then read the thread. I say that because there's quite a few things going on here that I'm basically randomly guessing about.

-Once again, our heroes are at a forest. But it's not just any forest - it's a forest from the games! Meaning that Generic Forest of Woe status has been averted. Sort of.
    -I have to admit, this forest looks damned good for a change.
    -KARATE KURUMIRU FROM NOWHERE.
    -I love Kurumiru already, even though it's only been in the show for 5 seconds. Seriously, it's just beating the shit out of Pikachu for no reason.
    -Iris and Dento seem rather unconcerned about this Pokemon that just attacked them for no apparent reason. I know it's cute and all, but come on.
    -Ash tries to catch(?) Kurumiru, but...
    -Congratulations! Your ASH has evolved into BALL OF YARN!
    -Sadly that lasts all of 5 seconds.
    -Is that a new music track I hear? Horray, if so.
    -Iris is saying something about her sixth sense. I sense a trend with these supernatural beliefs of hers.
    -And that sixth sense leads the gang...to a canyon! Good going, Iris.
    -Oh god Iris' face.
    -Oh look, a giant tree. That clearly won't be relevant to today's plot at all.
    -Hey look, a giant coccoon What could possible be i...oh, screw it. That's clearly Arty.
    -Arty's voice is REALLY WEIRD. (and I'm probably going to get mauled over this since people were really excited about his VA, who played Yamcha and Tuxedo Mask and some other stuff, but really. He sounds quite different from everyone else in this show.) Although it's not any weirder than his fashion sense, I guess.
    -Dear god, Arty is so incredibly fucking dramatic. It's marvelous.
    -What the hell kind of surprised pose is that supposed to be, Dento? Are you feeling threatened since you're no longer the only person around here people are calling ~fabulous~?
    -Arty is the best. These facial expressions are the best. Isshu is the best. Best Wishes is the best.
    -Arty just so happens to have a sketchbook and a (pink!) pencil with him, eh?
    -I guess Arty is supposed to be an artsy type or someth...oh goddammit. That is the worst pun ever. CURSE YOU, WRITERS.
    -Oh god, I think Arty's...expressiveness...is rubbing off on As-KARATE KURUIMU FROM NOWHERE.
    -Arty shows our heroes how to...do a friendly headbutt or something? Pikachu succeeds, Kibago succeeds, Iris succeeds, Ash AGGRESSIVE KURIMU HEADBUTT FROM NOWHERE.
    -Just what is that Kurumiru's problem with Ash?
    -I just noticed this now, but...holy shit, Arty is *tall*. He's, like, two heads taller than Ash & Iris. (Dento is apparently still cooking and is thus unavailable for comparison)
    -Is that the Village Bridge music as BGM? I think it is!
    -How long has everyone been wandering around? It didn't seem like Dento was cooking anything all that complicated. Is he just standing alone, hoping that the food doesn't get cold before everyone gets back?
    -That Kurumiru knew the "use a beam attack to take down all of the Double Team clones at once" trick all by itself! Impressive?
    -Ash saves Kurumiru, Kurumiru thanks him by bringing him a fruit(no, not the Arty/Dento kind). Awwwwwww. :3
    -Kurumiru crawled into bed with Ash after making a show of pretending not to like him. Awwwwww.
    -In the morning...a Minezumi is running off with Kurimu? What?
    -I'm not really sure what happened with them. I think Kurimu beat up one of the Minezumi or something? Regardless...Kurumiru is currently strung around a Shikijima!
    -Blah blah dramatic falling in the river, almost falling down a waterfall, & Arty saving the day, blah blah blah.
    -Hahakomori sews Kurumiru a new...leaf hood thing. Which is kinda neat to see. After that, Kurumiru's getting adorably friendly towards Ash!
    -Ash is catching it? Hoo boy, the "how is Ash gonna rotate his team???/THIS TOTALLY MEANS IRIS IS GETTING ZURUGGU EVENTUALLY" threads are going to be a pain.
    -Instead of teleporting away, the Pokeball just sort of...locks up. Then Dento gives the obligatory ONLY SIX POKEMON AT A TIME speech(at least I'm assuming that's what he says).
    -Ash goes to the Pokecenter, and...mentions something about Araragi? Is she storing his Pokemon now? So confused. Then he sends out Kurumiru and wait did he send something back WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.
    -And Arty gets in one last burst of dramatics before the episode ends. He even gets a cape-blowing-in-the-wind scene!

Kurumiru was adorable, Arty was fabulously dramatic, and the trio chemistry was great. Basically, this entire episode was great.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 30th January 2011 at 4:24 AM. Reason: KURUMIRU IS NOT SPELLED KURIMU.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

So did Arty ever explain why he was you know, wrapped up in his cape and hanging from a freaking tree like a cocoon?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode. Arty was so weird but cool at the same time. I like the BW trio a lot, their chemistry is good. Sewaddle was so cool how it initially disliked Ash. It kicked him twice and headbutted him.

The one thing I must note is that when Ash deposited his sixth Pokemon I didn't see Pikachu anywhere. I know he didn't deposit Pikachu but it was interesting that I didn't see the little yellow mouse. I wonder who he did deposit though.
    I just noticed that too. Very very odd. However, pikachu is with Ash in the previews for the next episode. So either they will explain why Pikachu's suddenly not there, or its just a little glitch, and we'll move on.

You mean this Pikachu,
    and this same one?

Standing next to Dento.

I still think Pokabu or Tsutaja was sent to the lab.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

An okay episode, I guess. I don't know what's going to happen to Sewaddle. It doesn't really suit Ash. He better not have left Snivy.

Awesome disco music though.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Smile

I REALLY hope he sent Tepig or Oshawott. I hope for Tepig more though. Also I love the rotation thing starting up. Really switches stuff up in the anime and makes it more interesting IMO!
    Diamond- Platinum- Soul Silver-

Riguree <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    -It isn't an auto transfer to Oak/Juniper, the 7th's Pokeball stops working and he has to go to a Pokemon Center.
    Amusing real life basis theory, read below.

-No TR.
    The funny thing about that, when I saw Woobat, I thought, "hey maybe Team Rocket's here", then I remembered that they were still on their "meteoric mission" to be bothered to do any of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    So Ash finally has some rotation going?

Looks like he is coming up in the Pokemon world.
    Yeah, it only took us, what, 13 seasons :/. Joking.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    -As for the episode itself. Fun times with Arty. While he was indeed fabulous, it was much more in the crazy, eccentric fabulous other than Dento's fabulous. Surprisingly, Dento did recognize Arty after he said he was the Huin Gym Leader (so...Leaders do know each other?). So much for the "Kurumiru is Arty's" theory when his Hahakomori came out.
    Arty is absolutely hysterical. I don't know what theme was being played when he appeared, but it fit him so well. I'm thinking it may have been just a typical "trainer meet" theme of sorts, but I'll have to rewatch it to be sure.

-Didn't expect this to be somewhat of an Iris w/ Satoshi episode again. Oh and she wore the pajamas again :P. I was a little sad that Dento didn't get a ton of screentime, but then I remembered he gets his own episode next week. (It's gonna be great)
    Seems they're learning how to pace screentime properly. Good to know.

(I wonder how many people went "TEAM ROCKET?!" when the Koromori showed up. Way to troll writing staff )
    *raises hand* And you know something, I would have probably gone with it because of their past selves of, "hey, lets just attack them out of nowhere" shenanigans.

Actual thought process of that scene:
    *Woobat appears*
    Me: Hey, could that be TR's...?
    *thinks for a moment*
    Me: No, how could they, they're still on their mission. Why would they be here of all places?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I have a particularly amusing one that involves the fact that Kanto is based off Japan while Unova is based of NA and such:

Japan seems to have more advanced technology than we do at times (depends of what, mind you), so for Unova to not have the "auto transfer" thing worked out yet and instead just "lock" seems to be more in with how it would be in NA.

Just an amusing theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Is that a new music track I hear? Horray, if so.
    I have a feeling it may be, but I haven't the foggiest idea which it is.

-And that sixth sense leads the gang...to a canyon! Good going, Iris.
    -Oh god Iris' face.
    I had a good lol moment there. BW seems to have the best facial expressions yet.

-Arty's voice is REALLY WEIRD. (and I'm probably going to get mauled over this since people were really excited about his VA, who played Yamcha and Tuxedo Mask and some other stuff, but really. He sounds quite different from everyone else in this show.) Although it's not any weirder than his fashion sense, I guess.
    Wait, what?! Really? That seems so... "fitting", yet it doesn't. That hilarious!

-Is that the Village Bridge music as BGM? I think it is!
    I'll have to double check that. I never even noticed.

-Ash saves Kurimu, Kurimu thanks him by bringing him a fruit(no, not the Arty/Dento kind). Awwwwwww. :3
    Rofl!

And that pretty much takes care of my thoughts.

Overall, I liked it. Wasn't too sure how they were going to handle Ash with 7 Pokemon, but it seemed to work well enough.

And Arty is absolutely hysterical. Then again, artsy people are kind of like that... (no offense).

I noticed a lack of Cilan in this episode (that sounds... very odd to say), but he gets his own next week. So it all works out.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

So the Pokeball just sort of... locks up when its a 7th Pokemon on a team? It would be so cool if Ash could just carry around Sewaddle along with the rest of his team and just sort of... switch locks on his Pokeballs. Like, instead of leaving Snivy at Juniper's lab for Sewaddle, he could just switch Snivy's ball to "Lock Mode" and switch it back/lock a different Pokeball in case he wanted to use Snivy.

^ that's not much different than carrying 7 pokemon...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast