Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest (677)

Sewaddle is adorable! But who did Burgh?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Sewaddle is adorable! But who did Burgh?
    As in voiced him?
    Billy Bob Thompson played Burgh
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I now actually think sewaddle is cute, and patrat isn't so ugly, but leavanny scares me now. It's red eyes + voice =NO
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    As in voiced him?
    Billy Bob Thompson played Burgh
    Who's Billy Bob Thopmson?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    That's what I wondered =/ I don't know many va's though, I was just trying to see what other roles he played.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    He's a new voice actor.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Nice new people. At the rate we were going I feared they would pull a Funimation on us. What a relief!

For some reason, I can't get enough of Iris saying "Oopsie-doops!" Ingenious, classic, & hilarious all at once

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Pretty cool episode. The part when Burgh talked to the group near when he debuted in this episode was kind of annoying. I liked seeing Sewaddle and finally knowing how to pronounce Leavanny. My favorite part of this episode is when Ash jumps into the river to get Sewaddle. I think it's cool now that Ash is rotating his team now and he has his first non-starter grass type. Awesome animation, as always for Iwane.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This a poorly written episode. Much of the plot is very cliche, and there is hardly any creative thought to be found here. Any time you see an episode have to use scenes where Ash falls down for no reason at all as a source of humor, you know that the writers aren't putting much effort into being creative. Whoever wrote this started with the idea that Ash would catch Sewaddle, and then really didn't strain himself into building the relationship in a believable way. In fact, it's really laughable to hear the gym leader say that you can't just capture a pokemon w/o getting to know it first. How ridiculous is that? In Sinnoh, Ash's only capture that was made just for the sake of capture was Starly (and that was to help look for Pikachu). Turtwig, Gligar, Chimchar, and Gible all wanted to come with Ash after the events of the episode. Yet here, what exactly...I mean, okay, let's start with the fact Sewaddle attacks Ash, and ONLY Ash (and maybe Pikachu too). Why? Ooooook, I would answer that Sewaddle took a liking to Ash's new clothing, and so really wanted to be captured in the first place. So, if that's the case, why is Ash the "bad" guy for wanting to capture Sewaddle, as Iris points out? That doesn't make any sense whatsover. And you know, I get the feeling whoever wrote this episode doesn't really care that that doesn't make sense. And to compound that, there's this idea that Ash isn't forming a relationship with the pokemon he wants to capture. And how does Ash form said unique relationship with Pokemon? Well, there's a scene where Sewaddle is eating, and the Wombat comes out and says that this food is its. Well, sure, it has a pt; by the look of things, it was eating there first. But Sewaddle is no mood to be reasonable, and instead attacks Wombat. When Wombat looks like it'll win when its friend pops out to help it out, Ash intervenes to protect Sewaddle. I can understand that; even though Sewaddle is wrong here, Ash is still trying to protect his friend. But after that, Pikachu and Sewaddle get angry, like something wrong has been done (yeah, Sewaddle was the one wrong), and they attack the Wombat. Sewaddle then treats Ash like a hero. Umm....., sure. So, to recap, to b/c friends with someone, you should pick a fight with someone that your "friend" is wrongfully trying to steal something from, and by doing that, you're a hero. Great moral. I wonder what this is teaching to kids, too, who are impressionable and watching this stuff. And I'm under no illusion about it; this episode is totally for kids. Iris's 6th sense is a very childish idea; in fact, she's Piplup this episode. Trying to lead, thinking she knows, but she really doesn't. The writing is very much dumbed down now. A characteristic that was once attributed to a Pokemon is now a defining characteristic of one of our main human characters.

I didn't even touch on the mindless chase scenes at the end. It's not really worth it. Nice animation, zero thought put into it.

My favorite scene, and I did have one, was the one where Sewaddle's Leaf Crown was cut out by the gym leader's pokemon. That was indeed pretty nice, and showed a pretty interesting skill of a pokemon. It was foreshadowed in the pokedex entry, and so it was nice to see a "little" thought put into that.

So-Waddle? That's how it's pronounced? Thought it was See-waddle or Si-Waddle.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ztynn7.png[/IMG]
    That's why Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge.

Stop trying so hard to find a moral in every episode. Jesus, I doubt the purpose of Pokemon is to teach little kids life lessons.

I loved the episode because of the group interaction. Sewaddle's voice was fitting, can't say the same about Leavanny. Burgh was quite the character and I'm quite happy his antics didn't turn into anything annoying.

Animation was beautiful. The scenery was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Stop trying so hard to find a moral in every episode. Jesus, I doubt the purpose of Pokemon is to teach little kids life lessons.
    Translation: I don't like your post; please stop writing stuff like that.

My Answer: Don't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post

Don't be a freakin snob.

I'm not trying to be a snob. I took the time to write an analysis. It isn't meant for everybody, but this is a large enough enough forum that someone somewhere will probably agree and appreciate what I wrote.

I'm not going to mince words about it. If it bothers anyone what I'm writing, then they should either not read it or complain to a moderator that I'm breaking the rules. I'm not going to address this again. I gave very good advice. I don't mean to stress anyone out by what I write, nor do I want that on my conscience (using "Jesus" suggests to me that I'm really annoying someone). So that's that, on my part.

Sewaddle was a total boss. Levanny's voice was annoying though

Leave-anny?

I thought it was Lea-vanny.

Sewaddle is still adorable as always.

Random : PokéRadar

It was a good episode. Ash and friends meet Burgh and Ash catches a Sewaddle. Funny how the Cilan acts all science guy again with Iris. Can't wait to see the next episode.

I'm just disagreeing with what you post. I just find it odd that in every review you post you think the episode is bad because it doesn't teach a lesson. Kids have Barney for that. Pokemon is mostly to entertain kids (and I guess in weird cases adults like moi).

My answer to your post?

I thought this episode was good. Glad to see another new pokemon in Ash's team.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I have not seen the dub yet but a lot of new VA are showing up in this season and I am happy about that cuz I want to become a VA so I know what show to go looking for a Job!

This a poorly written episode. Much of the plot is very cliche, and there is hardly any creative thought to be found here. Any time you see an episode have to use scenes where Ash falls down for no reason at all as a source of humor, you know that the writers aren't putting much effort into being creative. Whoever wrote this started with the idea that Ash would catch Sewaddle, and then really didn't strain himself into building the relationship in a believable way. In fact, it's really laughable to hear the gym leader say that you can't just capture a pokemon w/o getting to know it first. How ridiculous is that? In Sinnoh, Ash's only capture that was made just for the sake of capture was Starly (and that was to help look for Pikachu). Turtwig, Gligar, Chimchar, and Gible all wanted to come with Ash after the events of the episode. Yet here, what exactly...I mean, okay, let's start with the fact Sewaddle attacks Ash, and ONLY Ash (and maybe Pikachu too). Why? Ooooook, I would answer that Sewaddle took a liking to Ash's new clothing, and so really wanted to be captured in the first place. So, if that's the case, why is Ash the "bad" guy for wanting to capture Sewaddle, as Iris points out? That doesn't make any sense whatsover. And you know, I get the feeling whoever wrote this episode doesn't really care that that doesn't make sense. And to compound that, there's this idea that Ash isn't forming a relationship with the pokemon he wants to capture. And how does Ash form said unique relationship with Pokemon? Well, there's a scene where Sewaddle is eating, and the Wombat comes out and says that this food is its. Well, sure, it has a pt; by the look of things, it was eating there first. But Sewaddle is no mood to be reasonable, and instead attacks Wombat. When Wombat looks like it'll win when its friend pops out to help it out, Ash intervenes to protect Sewaddle. I can understand that; even though Sewaddle is wrong here, Ash is still trying to protect his friend. But after that, Pikachu and Sewaddle get angry, like something wrong has been done (yeah, Sewaddle was the one wrong), and they attack the Wombat. Sewaddle then treats Ash like a hero. Umm....., sure. So, to recap, to b/c friends with someone, you should pick a fight with someone that your "friend" is wrongfully trying to steal something from, and by doing that, you're a hero. Great moral. I wonder what this is teaching to kids, too, who are impressionable and watching this stuff. And I'm under no illusion about it; this episode is totally for kids. Iris's 6th sense is a very childish idea; in fact, she's Piplup this episode. Trying to lead, thinking she knows, but she really doesn't. The writing is very much dumbed down now. A characteristic that was once attributed to a Pokemon is now a defining characteristic of one of our main human characters.

I didn't even touch on the mindless chase scenes at the end. It's not really worth it. Nice animation, zero thought put into it.

My favorite scene, and I did have one, was the one where Sewaddle's Leaf Crown was cut out by the gym leader's pokemon. That was indeed pretty nice, and showed a pretty interesting skill of a pokemon. It was foreshadowed in the pokedex entry, and so it was nice to see a "little" thought put into that.
    why won't you shut up and It's woobat not wombat
    .................................................. ......................

Fine episode. Good to see Ash caught a Sewaddle. It was also nice to see Burgh early on, a bunch of episodes before the gym battle.

I really enjoyed this episode and sewaddle is so cute . The first part of the episode was the forest for me, it looked so different to the generic forest of woe (in Juputoru's words) and I was impressed. It was a nice change of scenery and I really enjoyed appreciating it. Then sewaddle shows up and it looks like a battler but is very nice outside of battle. The comparison is perfect from the episode, sewaddle is like an infant.

Burgh is a character isn't he? A lovely personality and his passion comes out in his artwork and drama. I'm glad Ash caught sewaddle because that is what he aimed to do in this episode, if he didn't I think it would have produced an anticlimatic ending. The 7 pokemon thing was handled well, I think it was better than just teleporting away, but I suppose they could have done it with the pokedex.

Finally, to answer someone's question earlier if Ash were to recall the pokemon he left at junipers he would have to put one of his current party in the transfer pod for him to recieve it so he wouldn't have to worry about a pokeball lock when a transfer occurs. The only time when the lock occurs is when Ash would catch a pokemon so the pokemon he caught would lock.

Anyway, great episode, looking forward to seeing sewaddle again .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Again I really liked this episode too. They certainly made Pinwheel Forest an interesting location. Whilst Burgh was a bit yadda-yadda here and there, I really loved Sewaddle, right from the moment he Spiderman-swung into Ash. I also loved Sewaddle's little crawl, that was cute. It was also nice to see the introduction of Leavanny too, and I have high hopes for the Castelia City Gym Battle. It was nice as well for them to show a few other wild Pokemon.

All in all, I enjoyed this episode, and I'll be looking forward to seeing Sewaddle in future episodes
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast