Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 167

Thread: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest (677)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Sewaddle is adorable! But who did Burgh?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.K Wales
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Sewaddle is adorable! But who did Burgh?
    As in voiced him?
    Billy Bob Thompson played Burgh
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default

    I now actually think sewaddle is cute, and patrat isn't so ugly, but leavanny scares me now. It's red eyes + voice =NO
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

        Spoiler:- FC:


        Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:


        Spoiler:- pending trades:

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    As in voiced him?
    Billy Bob Thompson played Burgh
    Who's Billy Bob Thopmson?

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Who's Billy Bob Thopmson?
    That's what I wondered =/ I don't know many va's though, I was just trying to see what other roles he played.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.K Wales
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Who's Billy Bob Thopmson?
    He's a new voice actor.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Nice new people. At the rate we were going I feared they would pull a Funimation on us. What a relief!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    For some reason, I can't get enough of Iris saying "Oopsie-doops!" Ingenious, classic, & hilarious all at once

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,652

    Default

    Pretty cool episode. The part when Burgh talked to the group near when he debuted in this episode was kind of annoying. I liked seeing Sewaddle and finally knowing how to pronounce Leavanny. My favorite part of this episode is when Ash jumps into the river to get Sewaddle. I think it's cool now that Ash is rotating his team now and he has his first non-starter grass type. Awesome animation, as always for Iwane.
    10/10

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    This a poorly written episode. Much of the plot is very cliche, and there is hardly any creative thought to be found here. Any time you see an episode have to use scenes where Ash falls down for no reason at all as a source of humor, you know that the writers aren't putting much effort into being creative. Whoever wrote this started with the idea that Ash would catch Sewaddle, and then really didn't strain himself into building the relationship in a believable way. In fact, it's really laughable to hear the gym leader say that you can't just capture a pokemon w/o getting to know it first. How ridiculous is that? In Sinnoh, Ash's only capture that was made just for the sake of capture was Starly (and that was to help look for Pikachu). Turtwig, Gligar, Chimchar, and Gible all wanted to come with Ash after the events of the episode. Yet here, what exactly...I mean, okay, let's start with the fact Sewaddle attacks Ash, and ONLY Ash (and maybe Pikachu too). Why? Ooooook, I would answer that Sewaddle took a liking to Ash's new clothing, and so really wanted to be captured in the first place. So, if that's the case, why is Ash the "bad" guy for wanting to capture Sewaddle, as Iris points out? That doesn't make any sense whatsover. And you know, I get the feeling whoever wrote this episode doesn't really care that that doesn't make sense. And to compound that, there's this idea that Ash isn't forming a relationship with the pokemon he wants to capture. And how does Ash form said unique relationship with Pokemon? Well, there's a scene where Sewaddle is eating, and the Wombat comes out and says that this food is its. Well, sure, it has a pt; by the look of things, it was eating there first. But Sewaddle is no mood to be reasonable, and instead attacks Wombat. When Wombat looks like it'll win when its friend pops out to help it out, Ash intervenes to protect Sewaddle. I can understand that; even though Sewaddle is wrong here, Ash is still trying to protect his friend. But after that, Pikachu and Sewaddle get angry, like something wrong has been done (yeah, Sewaddle was the one wrong), and they attack the Wombat. Sewaddle then treats Ash like a hero. Umm....., sure. So, to recap, to b/c friends with someone, you should pick a fight with someone that your "friend" is wrongfully trying to steal something from, and by doing that, you're a hero. Great moral. I wonder what this is teaching to kids, too, who are impressionable and watching this stuff. And I'm under no illusion about it; this episode is totally for kids. Iris's 6th sense is a very childish idea; in fact, she's Piplup this episode. Trying to lead, thinking she knows, but she really doesn't. The writing is very much dumbed down now. A characteristic that was once attributed to a Pokemon is now a defining characteristic of one of our main human characters.

    I didn't even touch on the mindless chase scenes at the end. It's not really worth it. Nice animation, zero thought put into it.

    My favorite scene, and I did have one, was the one where Sewaddle's Leaf Crown was cut out by the gym leader's pokemon. That was indeed pretty nice, and showed a pretty interesting skill of a pokemon. It was foreshadowed in the pokedex entry, and so it was nice to see a "little" thought put into that.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    183

    Default

    So-Waddle? That's how it's pronounced? Thought it was See-waddle or Si-Waddle.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ztynn7.png[/IMG]
    That's why Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Stop trying so hard to find a moral in every episode. Jesus, I doubt the purpose of Pokemon is to teach little kids life lessons.

    I loved the episode because of the group interaction. Sewaddle's voice was fitting, can't say the same about Leavanny. Burgh was quite the character and I'm quite happy his antics didn't turn into anything annoying.

    Animation was beautiful. The scenery was great.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Stop trying so hard to find a moral in every episode. Jesus, I doubt the purpose of Pokemon is to teach little kids life lessons.
    Translation: I don't like your post; please stop writing stuff like that.

    My Answer: Don't read it.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    Translation: I don't like your post; please stop writing stuff like that.

    My Answer: Don't read it.
    Don't be a freakin snob.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    I'm not trying to be a snob. I took the time to write an analysis. It isn't meant for everybody, but this is a large enough enough forum that someone somewhere will probably agree and appreciate what I wrote.

    I'm not going to mince words about it. If it bothers anyone what I'm writing, then they should either not read it or complain to a moderator that I'm breaking the rules. I'm not going to address this again. I gave very good advice. I don't mean to stress anyone out by what I write, nor do I want that on my conscience (using "Jesus" suggests to me that I'm really annoying someone). So that's that, on my part.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Sewaddle was a total boss. Levanny's voice was annoying though

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Leave-anny?

    I thought it was Lea-vanny.

    Sewaddle is still adorable as always.

    Random : PokéRadar


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,261

    Default

    It was a good episode. Ash and friends meet Burgh and Ash catches a Sewaddle. Funny how the Cilan acts all science guy again with Iris. Can't wait to see the next episode.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    Translation: I don't like your post; please stop writing stuff like that.

    My Answer: Don't read it.
    I'm just disagreeing with what you post. I just find it odd that in every review you post you think the episode is bad because it doesn't teach a lesson. Kids have Barney for that. Pokemon is mostly to entertain kids (and I guess in weird cases adults like moi).

    My answer to your post?


  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Live From Paris
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    I thought this episode was good. Glad to see another new pokemon in Ash's team.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    675

    Default

    I have not seen the dub yet but a lot of new VA are showing up in this season and I am happy about that cuz I want to become a VA so I know what show to go looking for a Job!

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    This a poorly written episode. Much of the plot is very cliche, and there is hardly any creative thought to be found here. Any time you see an episode have to use scenes where Ash falls down for no reason at all as a source of humor, you know that the writers aren't putting much effort into being creative. Whoever wrote this started with the idea that Ash would catch Sewaddle, and then really didn't strain himself into building the relationship in a believable way. In fact, it's really laughable to hear the gym leader say that you can't just capture a pokemon w/o getting to know it first. How ridiculous is that? In Sinnoh, Ash's only capture that was made just for the sake of capture was Starly (and that was to help look for Pikachu). Turtwig, Gligar, Chimchar, and Gible all wanted to come with Ash after the events of the episode. Yet here, what exactly...I mean, okay, let's start with the fact Sewaddle attacks Ash, and ONLY Ash (and maybe Pikachu too). Why? Ooooook, I would answer that Sewaddle took a liking to Ash's new clothing, and so really wanted to be captured in the first place. So, if that's the case, why is Ash the "bad" guy for wanting to capture Sewaddle, as Iris points out? That doesn't make any sense whatsover. And you know, I get the feeling whoever wrote this episode doesn't really care that that doesn't make sense. And to compound that, there's this idea that Ash isn't forming a relationship with the pokemon he wants to capture. And how does Ash form said unique relationship with Pokemon? Well, there's a scene where Sewaddle is eating, and the Wombat comes out and says that this food is its. Well, sure, it has a pt; by the look of things, it was eating there first. But Sewaddle is no mood to be reasonable, and instead attacks Wombat. When Wombat looks like it'll win when its friend pops out to help it out, Ash intervenes to protect Sewaddle. I can understand that; even though Sewaddle is wrong here, Ash is still trying to protect his friend. But after that, Pikachu and Sewaddle get angry, like something wrong has been done (yeah, Sewaddle was the one wrong), and they attack the Wombat. Sewaddle then treats Ash like a hero. Umm....., sure. So, to recap, to b/c friends with someone, you should pick a fight with someone that your "friend" is wrongfully trying to steal something from, and by doing that, you're a hero. Great moral. I wonder what this is teaching to kids, too, who are impressionable and watching this stuff. And I'm under no illusion about it; this episode is totally for kids. Iris's 6th sense is a very childish idea; in fact, she's Piplup this episode. Trying to lead, thinking she knows, but she really doesn't. The writing is very much dumbed down now. A characteristic that was once attributed to a Pokemon is now a defining characteristic of one of our main human characters.

    I didn't even touch on the mindless chase scenes at the end. It's not really worth it. Nice animation, zero thought put into it.

    My favorite scene, and I did have one, was the one where Sewaddle's Leaf Crown was cut out by the gym leader's pokemon. That was indeed pretty nice, and showed a pretty interesting skill of a pokemon. It was foreshadowed in the pokedex entry, and so it was nice to see a "little" thought put into that.
    why won't you shut up and It's woobat not wombat
    .................................................. ......................

  23. #123

    Default

    Fine episode. Good to see Ash caught a Sewaddle. It was also nice to see Burgh early on, a bunch of episodes before the gym battle.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    725

    Default

    I really enjoyed this episode and sewaddle is so cute . The first part of the episode was the forest for me, it looked so different to the generic forest of woe (in Juputoru's words) and I was impressed. It was a nice change of scenery and I really enjoyed appreciating it. Then sewaddle shows up and it looks like a battler but is very nice outside of battle. The comparison is perfect from the episode, sewaddle is like an infant.

    Burgh is a character isn't he? A lovely personality and his passion comes out in his artwork and drama. I'm glad Ash caught sewaddle because that is what he aimed to do in this episode, if he didn't I think it would have produced an anticlimatic ending. The 7 pokemon thing was handled well, I think it was better than just teleporting away, but I suppose they could have done it with the pokedex.

    Finally, to answer someone's question earlier if Ash were to recall the pokemon he left at junipers he would have to put one of his current party in the transfer pod for him to recieve it so he wouldn't have to worry about a pokeball lock when a transfer occurs. The only time when the lock occurs is when Ash would catch a pokemon so the pokemon he caught would lock.

    Anyway, great episode, looking forward to seeing sewaddle again .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

    Apparently i'm a...



    Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Behind the aura
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Again I really liked this episode too. They certainly made Pinwheel Forest an interesting location. Whilst Burgh was a bit yadda-yadda here and there, I really loved Sewaddle, right from the moment he Spiderman-swung into Ash. I also loved Sewaddle's little crawl, that was cute. It was also nice to see the introduction of Leavanny too, and I have high hopes for the Castelia City Gym Battle. It was nice as well for them to show a few other wild Pokemon.

    All in all, I enjoyed this episode, and I'll be looking forward to seeing Sewaddle in future episodes
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •