Thread: Ash's Current Team Compared to the Past. His 6th Pokemon?

Question Ash's Current Team Compared to the Past. His 6th Pokemon?

I am proud and give credit to the writers who have given Ash a pretty decent team compared to past seasons. His current team is:

-Pikachu (obviously...)
    -Greninja
    -Hawlucha
    -Talonflame
    -Noivern

This team is unique compared to past seasons. Ash actually has evolved pokemon (Pikachu does not count lol), and does not have boring starters as usual. Not to mention, these are all pokemon that are powerful in their own ways, with powerful moves.

I know people are complaining about him having three flying types. But the anime is more organic than the games. The trainers who spread out their types in their teams are rare, except with Ash's rivals, as we have seen most trainers are fond of a single type. Ash is an exception, but those flying types have type coverage too (dragon, fighting, and fire).

He was a 6th slot open. Any ideas on what he may use? Old one, or a new catch? I believe it may be Phantump (ghost, grass), which would be perfect. Or an ice type.

But I give Ash and his current team much credit!

Ash is very likely bringing back the dragon at the wetlands as his sixth Pokémon. Otherwise, there was no point in having an episode in which Ash reunites with him right before the league.

As for how his current team fares against his former regional ones....well, it depends on the league. Individually, some of his Pokémon are weaker than previous ones, but it's possible as a whole, they could be the most powerful. Wait and see.
    "Lying under such a myriad of stars. The sea’s black horizon. He rose and walked out and stood barefoot in the sand and watched the pale surf appear all down the shore and roll and crash and darken again. When he went back to the fire he knelt and smoothed her hair as she slept and he said if he were God he would have made the world just so and no different."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Seeing how Ash seems to have grown a lot smarter during this arc, I'd probably say he won't get a sixth Pokemon and that he'll just call upon an appropriate reserve for each situation. Let's just wait and see, though...

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

-------------------------------------

My Fave Duel - Atem VS Raphael II (YGO! DM Episode 174 -176)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulitey View Post
    I am proud and give credit to the writers who have given Ash a pretty decent team compared to past seasons. His current team is:

-Pikachu (obviously...)
    -Greninja
    -Hawlucha
    -Talonflame
    -Noivern

This team is unique compared to past seasons. Ash actually has evolved pokemon (Pikachu does not count lol), and does not have boring starters as usual. Not to mention, these are all pokemon that are powerful in their own ways, with powerful moves.
    Actually that was mostly true in the Hoenn league too, Ash had Pikachu and Corphish but everything else was fully evolved and he only had one Hoenn starter. Glalie, Sceptile, swellow were all impressive and Torkoal was fully evolved. Still Kalos is one of Ash's strongest teams though, and he could be even stronger if he brings in his best reserves (not torkoal who loses constantly).

Its too late for Ash to catch anything new for this league. But after this league I'd like to see him catch a new ghost or ice type (although he already missed great opportunities for both in the phantump episode and the snover in Frost cavern). But it would be fun to see him bring back some older pokemon like he did in the battle fronteir too. We'll probably see Ash in some kind of extended arc after the league like the Decolore Islands or even the Orange League where Ash will likely add a few pokemon besides his current 5 to his party, at least temporarily.
    Last edited by Aduro; 20th June 2016 at 5:22 PM.

His Kalos team is pretty decent in my opinion. I say Ash could bring back a reserve for the league but that is up to the writers.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Currently the most hated person.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Quote Originally Posted by hustenapfel View Post
    Seeing how Ash seems to have grown a lot smarter during this arc, I'd probably say he won't get a sixth Pokemon and that he'll just call upon an appropriate reserve for each situation. Let's just wait and see, though...
    I really hope he brings back a reserve. I really want to see him interact with all his pokemon together at Prof. Oaks lab. I also want to see Ash catch a Ghost type, though.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

Dragon, Dark, and Steel User

Played Pokemon since Red and Blue came out, never missed an anime episode.

I find it ironic that after the 5th Gen series when we finally see Ash with MORE than 6 Pokemon, then we enter the 6th Gen series wher he doesn't even get 6. I'm surprised they didn't use that 6th slot to bring back Sceptile or Charizard so that he could spend some time mega-evolving them. That would have been super cool. Perhaps that's what he'll do in the League
    Check out my Pokememes!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    I find it ironic that after the 5th Gen series when we finally see Ash with MORE than 6 Pokemon, then we enter the 6th Gen series wher he doesn't even get 6. I'm surprised they didn't use that 6th slot to bring back Sceptile or Charizard so that he could spend some time mega-evolving them. That would have been super cool. Perhaps that's what he'll do in the League
    You forgot Kanto? BW wasn't the first time where he had more than 6.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNinja View Post
    He has used more than 6 in leagues. But Kanto was a long time ago, and the writers may or may not bring that same style back. Ash all of a sudden got this attitude that he only wants to battle with the pokemon he caught in that region. I do agree Ash needs to spend time with Charizard with mega evolution. Besides Pikachu, Charizard is Ash's most popular pokemon with fans. They need to do this, but for the league? I don't think that will happen. Heck, Ash may get Goodra back, catch that ice type people are talking about or that ghost/grass type, and then use those to switch in and out instead of using reserves.

They need to balance pleasing the older fans and the younger ones. After all, it is the older fans keeping Pokemon alive.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

Dragon, Dark, and Steel User

Played Pokemon since Red and Blue came out, never missed an anime episode.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNinja View Post
    Actually for quite a lot of Kanto Ash only carried 5 pokemon, after butterfree left he didn't add a permanent 6th pokemon. Muk, tauros and kingler were more like guest stars. Anyway I'm glad Ash had 5 new pokemon this time because it meant they each got some time to shine (although talonflame was slightly dull to me compared to hawlucha).