Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: How could Tobias be reintroduced to the plot?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default How could Tobias be reintroduced to the plot?

    If you were to reintroduce Tobias to the plot in a way that makes sense, what would you do?

    I'd say either make him a legendary pokemon Hunter villain in an arc, or maybe a movie where it's revealed he is/knows ash from the future and came back in time with celebi for some reason.

    I'm surprised they did nothing with him to be honest. Introducing a ridiculously op character with a menacing design and then doing nothing with him made little sense to me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Tobias wasn't evil, just competitive. He caught the Legendaries by battle, so his whole team must be very strong.

    If I were in charge, I'd tie the Marshadow plot to him. It's a new Mythical Pokemon who fits his design the most, being related to the shadows and all.

    Perhaps even make it, so he was gathering Legends all around the world in order to find and catch Marshadow. Like, a 3-4 episode arc related to this Pokemon. It's a shame he won't ever return though, such a good potential.

  3. #3

    Default

    Use him in a villain climax arc that involves the legendaries, similar to how the past champions show up for them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Make a massive tournament where all pokemon trainers from all regions compete and have him in it. That's my dream lol



    Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze Fan View Post
    If you were to reintroduce Tobias to the plot in a way that makes sense, what would you do?

    I'd say either make him a legendary pokemon Hunter villain in an arc, or maybe a movie where it's revealed he is/knows ash from the future and came back in time with celebi for some reason.

    I'm surprised they did nothing with him to be honest. Introducing a ridiculously op character with a menacing design and then doing nothing with him made little sense to me.
    He's a plot device disguised as a character just like everyoen introduced to kick Ash out of the league, its honestly something the writers do on a weekly basis
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    He's a plot device disguised as a character just like everyoen introduced to kick Ash out of the league, its honestly something the writers do on a weekly basis
    Absolutely right. Tobias was just a desperate creation by the writers to prevent Ash from winning the Sinnoh League. I doubt his character can be re-introduced with a different role or so.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!


    Imgur.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze Fan View Post
    I'm surprised they did nothing with him to be honest. Introducing a ridiculously op character with a menacing design and then doing nothing with him made little sense to me.
    It's no surprise at all, really. Tobias was a CotD created for the sole purpose of knocking Ash out of the Sinnoh League. He wasn't evil, and there is no reason to make him evil (or even an unwitting pawn in the villains' plot, as Alain was). But if Tobias were to appear in the anime again, then it should be in a special that shows just HOW he caught all those legendary Pokémon.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze Fan View Post
    I'm surprised they did nothing with him to be honest. Introducing a ridiculously op character with a menacing design and then doing nothing with him made little sense to me.
    I thought his main purpose was to defeat Ash, so I didn't think he needed much depth in the first place hee hee. However, it would've been cool if we had seen exactly how he obtained his two legendary pokemon. I wish he had gotten his own special. ^^


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I thought his main purpose was to defeat Ash, so I didn't think he needed much depth in the first place hee hee. However, it would've been cool if we had seen exactly how he obtained his two legendary pokemon. I wish he had gotten his own special. ^^
    Exactly. I have pointed out time and time again that Tobias is not a character, he is a plot device to enforce the almighty devil that is the status quo
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Exactly. I have pointed out time and time again that Tobias is not a character, he is a plot device to enforce the almighty devil that is the status quo
    The devil fell and was chucked into hell. The status quo does not.

    There is so little character to Tobias that you could shoot off into 10000000 head canons.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

    "Momentai!"

    "Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

    But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    The not-so-fun answer is Tobias was merely a way for Ash to lose the Sinnoh league without looking pathetic.

    The fun answer would be to actually show Tobias catching the legendaries he has, and maybe some backstory on why he's catching them in the first place. Is it just because he wants to become a strong battler, or is there a deeper meaning behind this? I think a character like Tobias (someone who catches legendaries or powerful Pokemon not for some evil plan, but just to win battles) can work out in the right setting.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Just have him mentioned before the league starts. That's literally all you have to do. He had legendaries and swept eight gyms. How did we not hear of him before then? Unless he's an even faster walker than Ash and somehow did all that in like a day.

    Second worst character ever but best best league loss yet.
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

    [IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XY Rules View Post
    Just have him mentioned before the league starts. That's literally all you have to do. He had legendaries and swept eight gyms. How did we not hear of him before then? Unless he's an even faster walker than Ash and somehow did all that in like a day.
    Us knowing about him beforehand wouldn't have changed much, though. Ash still would've lost. :c

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Us knowing about him beforehand wouldn't have changed much, though. Ash still would've lost. :c
    Yeah but it wouldn't have looked like such a big ***pull. I mean, c'mon, there's a trainer defeating every Gym with just a Darkrai, that should be in the news. Or at least let one of the E4 members/Gym Leaders mention it, Ash could've even began to start making counter strategies against it
    Ash-Greninja
    Pikachu-Charizard-Sceptile-Infernape-Krookodile
    Bulbasaur-Snorlax-Heracross-Swellow-Glalie-Gliscor-Torterra-Hawlucha-Talonflame-Goodra

    Alain is the strongest non-Champion trainer out there. You disagree? Fine, who else defeated 9 Megas in a row AND an E4 Member after that without a full heal?

    Oshawott's loss against Hydreigon was pure PIS and you know it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Have it be a movie in which a God-Tier Legend for that Gen (ie the Box Legendary) is rampaging and Ash and co. need to get past it to retrieve something. Tobias shows up and BARELY holds off said legend with his Pokemon (can be just Darkrai and Latios or a full team IDK) until Ash and co. resolve it and said legend calms down. Ash asks what he's doing there and Tobias replies that he's continuing on his journey to observe and challenge the Legends of the Pokemon World (have him reveal via backstory that as a kid he and his starter (have it be in the middle evo stage) ran into Darkrai on his village outskirts tormenting people via nightmares and they tried to defeat it but failed though did plenty of damage but Darkrai was impressed enough by the fight they put out that it wanted to continue travelling with Tobias and testing his resolve against the best of the best, with Tobias figuring that he could become a Legend in his own right by testing his team against the Mythical Pokemon of the world but along the way this desire to be stronger than them morphed into an admiration and appreciation for the Legendaries and as such he just kept travelling for the sake of meeting new Legends and finding out more about their mythos in person. The Sinnoh League was just a chance for him to test his strength against other trainers and eventually the Elite 4 (whom he cleared) and the Champion (who beat him)).
    As for his Full Team
    On Hand: Samurwott (Starter), Marshadow, *Scizor, Darkrai, *Latios, Entei (Shown During Movie)
    In Rotation: Luxray, Togekiss, Articuno, Cobalion (Mentioned or Shown via Flashback)
    *Potential Mega Evolutions

    That's how I'd do it if I had to RE-introduce him to the plot. I don't really have any problems with how he appeared in canon. He's meant to be a mysterious plot device. No **** he wasn't getting any backstory.
    Last edited by Lord Trollbias; 23rd November 2016 at 3:46 AM.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    A Noble and Just Cause
    No I Am Not Sanity Check...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    At this point I doubt the writers even remember that living plot device
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Nah, i want him used to be Bug catcher who work his way to top

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Medical School
    Posts
    6,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    That's how I'd do it if I had to RE-introduce him to the plot. I don't really have any problems with how he appeared in canon. He's meant to be a mysterious plot device. No **** he wasn't getting any backstory.
    I always felt that the writers intended to do more with Tobias, with the legendaries and dark, mysterious design, but with the BW deadline they canned that and just made him a league plot device that made Ash look good in defeat.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I always felt that the writers intended to do more with Tobias, with the legendaries and dark, mysterious design, but with the BW deadline they canned that and just made him a league plot device that made Ash look good in defeat.
    Who knows? I did think when the Zekrom/Reshiram movie came out that Tobias could have had a link with the Vale Kingdom because his clothing style kinda reminded me of Damon's. Though I'm 100% sure Pierce is his little brother.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    A Noble and Just Cause
    No I Am Not Sanity Check...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fallout 4
    Posts
    6,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    Who knows? I did think when the Zekrom/Reshiram movie came out that Tobias could have had a link with the Vale Kingdom because his clothing style kinda reminded me of Damon's. Though I'm 100% sure Pierce is his little brother.
    Yeah. they do have some similarities.
    It's a shame we'll likely never see Pierce again just like Tobias. Except he just poofed off to limbo

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Takuto was clearly a plot device to get Satoshi to lose at the Shinou League, although I do think that he should've been fleshed out more and given some exposition. It could've cushioned the impact of Satoshi's loss a little.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Just turn up.
    Having traveled through the Kanto (x2), Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos regions, plus the Orange & Decolore Islands, competing in six regional Pokémon League competitions, winning the Orange League, defeating the Kanto Battle Frontier, seeing/ meeting each of the rare and powerful Legendary/ Mythical Pokémon, some on numerous occasions, and continually fighting vigilantly against six villainous teams, Ash has apparently now decided to go to school.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Have him use Darkrai to fight one of the Ultra Beasts. Idk how strong they intend on making these things, or if any of them will even be introduced in the anime.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Well, i thought the only time he can get back into the anime is when they introduce the "champions league" where all champions from all region compete against each other.. I can't really see him become the villain, given that he himself isn't actually an antagonist or evil..

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi777 View Post
    Well, i thought the only time he can get back into the anime is when they introduce the "champions league" where all champions from all region compete against each other.. I can't really see him become the villain, given that he himself isn't actually an antagonist or evil..
    It would be cool to see Tobias be the one to beat, and likely one of the last opponents. I think with Z moves, Ash-Greninja and hopefully a mega along with 3 of Ash's strongest would do justice against a Tobias.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •