Thread: Possibility of Paul and a past poke-girl returning?

Default Possibility of Paul and a past poke-girl returning?

I'm questioning whether Paul and a past poke-girl are indeed returning. It all comes back to this interview that came out a few months ago (Was it a few months ago, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) In the interview, the person they interviewed did bring up Paul a lot, and that got me really curious. Personally I think Paul could be one of Ash's rivals during the Kalos-league and I mean it's clearly stating during a DP episode of sorts that Paul has travelled through most, if not, all of the regions by that point. Also it could be interesting to see how he handles mega evolution.
    Also they posed a question similar to this near the end :

If a main female travelling companion was to return who would you want it to be?

Personally I would find it odd if they asked this question without eventually bringing back the person that was the most demanded, I dunno, they still haven't brought Iris back for her two episodes so maybe their planning something?

I would love to hear everyone's opinions.
    Last edited by TheFlygon; 12th April 2015 at 6:39 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

There's no reason to bring back Paul or any of the other girls bar Iris.

Maybe a cameo return at best.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Ayy Lmao

Paul could return, which would be awesome if he does imo.
    As for the past poke girl returning; it'll be Iris and no one else.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Unless there was a reason to promote the DP saga (or any past saga) again, Paul or anyone from DP (or any past Pokegirl not named Iris), have no reason to return in any really large capacity at this point.

Not that I wouldn't be against Paul (for example) coming back maybe for just a few episodes.
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 12th April 2015 at 6:32 PM.

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    There's no reason to bring back Paul or any of the other girls bar Iris.

Maybe a cameo return at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Unless there was a reason to promote the DP saga (or any past saga) again, Paul or anyone from DP (or any past Pokegirl not named Iris), have no reason to return in any really large capacity at this point.

Not that I wouldn't be against Paul (for example) coming back maybe for just a few episodes.
    I would like to know logic behind this. Why is there no reason to bring back any past girl companion aside from Iris?

Last time i checked Misty, May or Dawn all have unfinished stories and dreams(none became type master or top coordinator). They have many fans wishing to see them updated receiving more character development or play relevance in anime again; (something mega evolution could allow with quite a few of them having pokemon capable of reaching that new level of strength advancing their careers, or competing in tournaments organized by elite trainers like E4 Siebold or Drasna from who Misty or Iris could learn alot about mastering water or dragon types).

Previous girls played important role in pokemon being friends with Ash. And with their return anime would receive mote continuity, introduce them to new generations of kids getting to know who they are, how much influence they played in Ash improvement as trainer and learn what are their ambitions. Delivering intricate and enjoyable plot twists to pokemon anime through their comebacks.

I really dont get why are people against return of older main characters doing sequel with them?

Pokemon fandom must be the only one who is oppose to this for some weird reason.

p.s. For the topic itself OP is probably referring to that by now old rumor spreaded by KGPrestige youtube user about one of pokemon animators Maasaki Iwane asking allegedly fans on his twitter, blog(not sure anymore) "Which of previous past female leads they want to see return to pokemon show the most?".

But i seriously doubt in authenticy of this claim becaise if it was any true. There would be some insinuations or hints on official pokemon sites or any major pokemon forum(like this one)by now.

Now i would support 100% wrioters and directors of pokemon anime changing their policy.

Bringing back replaced main characters in new roles taking them in unexpected fresh directions through continuations of their stories. Adding variety to plot and living up to message of this show being treated as entity set in same timeline and universe acknowledging other people existence beside just Ash.

But writers sadly either cannot recognize potential, benefit or appeal behind this. Delivering positive results for other franchise out there which invest more in continmuity, consistent story and their characters not remaining abandoned faded memory of past.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 12th April 2015 at 8:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    But writers sadly either cannot recognize potential, benefit or appeal behind this. Delivering positive results for other franchise out there which invest more in continmuity, consistent story and their characters not remaining abandoned faded memory of past.
    These aren't the same writers that were responsible for most of the series until the end of the Unova league in BW. The writers in charge now have only been doing this since the N arc. I don't think we should judge these writers based on what the previous writers did. So I don't think you should just go saying that oh they can't recognize the potential, benefit or appeal of behind bring characters back since we don't even know what they have planned as well as if what your saying is true that they won't bring back old characters then explain why they brought back Clair in the last season of BW they also had an episode where they showed Flashbacks of Ash's Butterfree as well as at in final episode of BW Ash got his picture taken with all the pokemon he had at the lab and with him at the same time. They also brought back Ash's Charizard, as well as having Cilain and Brock meet in a special and having Iris battle Clair. I think your judging them way to much on what the old writers did. I think they have shown that they do care about old characters and that there is a chance that some other characters may show up at some point. So do I think we will see Paul again as well as some past companions I think there is a possibility that we will but I don't know if it will be before or after the league.

Hi,

I hate to nag but can you please give us a proper source? What kind of interview? Who was interviewed? Was it a member of the Japanese staff or someone working on the dub? When was it exactly?

We don't really allow character comeback threads unless there's strong evidence that it's going to happen, so I'm going to have to insist on a credible source. Thanks in advance :]

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlygon View Post
    In the interview, the person they interviewed did bring up Paul a lot, and that got me really curious. Personally I think Paul could be one of Ash's rivals during the Kalos-league and I mean it's clearly stating during a DP episode of sorts that Paul has travelled through most, if not, all of the regions by that point. Also it could be interesting to see how he handles mega evolution.
    Is that the interview where the writer/director/staff member said they'd like to see Paul return? Because if I remember right, they said that if it happened, it'd be in a post-League arc.

Paul was Ash's best rival and only second to Gary as the most popular one. Paul's training method may seem harsh at times but he clearly wants to bring out the best in his Pokemon which is what any good trainer would want. A surprise cameo in the League would be nice as it would be unexpected.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Paul maybe. If only because I want to see how much he has changed since DP. A post arc appearance would be nice. As for the other pokegirls, only Iris has the best chance of returning since every pokegirl has a return special after their initial departure.

Paul probably already killed himself seeing the person who beat him lose to cameron.

I wouldn't be that surprised if they appeared in an opening, or maybe in a spin-off at some point, like Ritchie and Misty did in Chronicles or Dawn and Brock in their special episode. They'll probably all turn up for the end if it isn't really abrupt too.

I'd rather see Gary or Paul return out of the rivals and Tracey out of the companions as he is still supposed to be with Oak. His Scyther was so cool.
    Last edited by Aduro; 13th April 2015 at 4:14 AM.

Well...he has some Pokémon that could Mega-Evolve...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    These aren't the same writers that were responsible for most of the series until the end of the Unova league in BW. The writers in charge now have only been doing this since the N arc. I don't think we should judge these writers based on what the previous writers did. So I don't think you should just go saying that oh they can't recognize the potential, benefit or appeal of behind bring characters back since we don't even know what they have planned as well as if what your saying is true that they won't bring back old characters then explain why they brought back Clair in the last season of BW they also had an episode where they showed Flashbacks of Ash's Butterfree as well as at in final episode of BW Ash got his picture taken with all the pokemon he had at the lab and with him at the same time. They also brought back Ash's Charizard, as well as having Cilain and Brock meet in a special and having Iris battle Clair. I think your judging them way to much on what the old writers did. I think they have shown that they do care about old characters and that there is a chance that some other characters may show up at some point. So do I think we will see Paul again as well as some past companions I think there is a possibility that we will but I don't know if it will be before or after the league.
    Majoroty of pokemon anime executives, directors and writers are same ones who written and organized this series since Kanto days or Hoenn days.

Such as Chief director Yuyama Kunihiko, Atsuhiro Tomioka who writen for pokemon since Kanto. Becoming more actively involved within scripts in Hoenn becoming head writer in Sinnoh and onwards.

Other members of writing staff like Junki Takegami, Hideki Sonoda, Yukiyoki Ohashi, Shinzo Fujita, Aya Matsui etc.

Sure there were introduced few new writers since than, but majority are still older writers doing episode construction and screenplay since anime earliest days. Including those at head positions.

Only big change are pokemon directors. Such as Masamitsu Hidaka being inherited by Sutou Norihiko and as of lately Tetsuo Yajima.

With continuity, paying attention to past and living up to message this show apparently promotes. Of friendship and strong bonds built between Ash and his traveling companions, their own dreams, personalities and started storylines, treating anime like one big journey set in same timeline and continuity building on itself and keeping bridges to history and those who helped formed it intact.

Not being cared abut much at all. For years sadly(Misty and May for example being completely forgotten and abandoned perfectly proves that).

That could change perhaps with new director for XY. But im remaining skeptic given how things unfold out until now.

i see no point in paul returning... I never liked his character. I really want to see misty coming back. SO MUCH! I want so see her punching Brock and Ash again and again hahaha

Credit to Fairy Witch for making this awesome banner!

If Paul returns, i think it has something to do with Mega Evolution. Maybe he is hunting for the Agronite, or at that time the Mega Stone for Torterra, Drapion, Froslass. The only past girl besides Iris i can see make a new cameo is Dawn, cause Ash mentioned Piplup during the Gold Magikarp episode. But i don't care for both to cameo. Brock hasn't made a cameo yet. He deserve it more then Dawn and Paul.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

I will forever dream for my beloved precious Misty to come back. I don't really care about the others tbh.