Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 20th anniversary special? Speculation

Default Will there be a 20th anniversary special? Speculation

Hey guys,
    So 2016 is the year of the 20th anniversary of pokemon, I was just wondering do we think there will be a special episode for it?
    There was a 10th anniversary special, The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon was a 10th anniversary special which feature the return of Misty and Oak, and appearance from Mew too. It provided another opportunity to see the cast of the last 10 years on screen together, something that would be nice to see again.

Now we're 20 years on from when the pokemon series began and there has been many adventures with different friends since then, it would be nice to mark the occasion with a special episode.

However unlike the 10th anniversary where it was only Misty and Tracey (who did not appear) who could return for it, we've now got Brock, May, Max, Dawn, Iris and Cilan who could also be included in the list, which could be a problem as there are so many of them which would result in less screen time for some of the characters.

Therefore, do you think there will be a special episode? If so, how would you like to see it handled, and what possible storyline would you like to see for it.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I hope so, but I doubt it. At least not a 20th anniversary special from the main anime, but I could see something like Pokemon Origins again *shudders*

If it does happen though, I would like to see Dr. Young/Mirage Master return since it wasn't clear what happened to him after he disappeared.

It could be a crossover from all four corners of the multiverse for all I care.

One thing I'm reluctant about is if there is a "look how far we've come" type of event.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I hope so, but I doubt it. At least not a 20th anniversary special from the main anime, but I could see something like Pokemon Origins again *shudders*
    What was wrong with Pokemon Origins?

I'm also hope to see this special, with all main characthers, and - Ritchie, Butch and Cassidy. Heroes are meeting in party for Ash's win in Kalos League and his 11th birthday, in Poke Convention in Pallet Town. And Team Rocket trying revenge to heroes for all failures, and stolen all their Pokemon.

I think it's worth noting that the anime's 20th anniversary isn't until 2017. It's possible they would wait on a special until then.

Regardless, I'd really like to see an episode that utilizes Ho-oh in some way.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I don't see a 20th anniversary special happening in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I think it's worth noting that the anime's 20th anniversary isn't until 2017. It's possible they would wait on a special until then.

Regardless, I'd really like to see an episode that utilizes Ho-oh in some way.
    Yeah I realised that too, but then when I looked up the special's airdate, it aired in April 2006, which would be the 10th anniversary of the series rather than the actual anime.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I think the 10th anniversary special was more like Tpci's idea unless I'm wrong, so I dunno if they'd request one for the 20th anniversary. I didn't like the one from 10 years ago however so I'm not on board with a sequel. ^^;

Should they plan to release one, I hope it will be good.

Ash's Primeape and Squirtle returning would be great. Or a Gen. 1 capture for Ash, Serena and/or Clemont.

But they might showcase some conference trainer related to Kanto, or characters like Daisy or Janine, or an anime-exclusive Indigo League champion if not Red or Blue (Ash and Gary in the anime).

I doubt it.

Other anime are able to make specials and movies for their anniversaries because they're able to. In Pokémon's case, it would be too much to make a special while they're working on the Show. Oh sure, they make specials/movies while simultaneously working on the show, but IMHO they seem to get each other's way part of the time...

That said, perhaps they could do a multi-episode storyline (maybe a whole arc ) after the Kalos League. I can certainly see it. Problem is, I don't think the producers can...
    *gets on knees*

Oh Arceus in your dimension, please let Missingno return to freak out a new generation!

Quote Originally Posted by Jangobadass View Post
    I doubt it.

Other anime are able to make specials and movies for their anniversaries because they're able to. In Pokémon's case, it would be too much to make a special while they're working on the Show. Oh sure, they make specials/movies while simultaneously working on the show, but IMHO they seem to get each other's way part of the time...

That said, perhaps they could do a multi-episode storyline (maybe a whole arc ) after the Kalos League. I can certainly see it. Problem is, I don't think the producers can...
    I don't think it'd be too much work for them to do another special cuz I mean we got the Origins specials which I'm pretty sure were worked on around the same time as XY's debut episodes.

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon was done to test the new dub and also it was very, vey bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangobadass View Post
    I doubt it.

Producers don't work on storylines. They promote the show mostly. You're more worried about the writers' ability. I think that they can do a special if they wanted to. The show itself has been good storyline-wise so far, so doing a short special wouldn't be too taxing, like what they did with the ME Specials.
    That'd be you Wendy (Silrunn). Sending me messages because you're a precious snowflake doesn't mean you're going to be listened to. A stranger on the Internet has no real power over me. Keep sending the messages though! I'll frame them and use them as an example of how to deal with people like you.

With a smile .

P.S. Locking your PM reception just means this goes public. This will go for every message you send.

Quote Originally Posted by BJack View Post
    The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon was done to test the new dub and also it was very, vey bad.
    I liked it. Seeing Misty again was worth it although whoever voiced Ash in the first version of the special was terrible I'll admit.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    although whoever voiced Ash in the first version of the special was terrible I'll admit.
    That was Kayzie Rogers and I don't think the dub voices would be an issue if we get a new special for this year's anniversary thankfully. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Hey, if it weren't for the Games the TV Show wouldn't be around in the first place.
    *gets on knees*

Oh Arceus in your dimension, please let Missingno return to freak out a new generation!

To promote the 20th anniversary , Ash and Pikachu can unite with all of these mythicals being distributed to battle Team Flare. Or, we can have Ash encounter Misty and Brock and capture Mewtwo. IDK really

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Memes View Post
    To promote the 20th anniversary , Ash and Pikachu can unite with all of these mythicals being distributed to battle Team Flare. Or, we can have Ash encounter Misty and Brock and capture Mewtwo. IDK really
    Why would he catch Mewtwo? He never catches legendaries plus he's already made friends with the two Mewtwo currently in existence. ^^;

i hope there will be one but i doubt it

For a 20th anniversary special for the anime, I really doubt it now. Nothing big is being announced about it now.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    One thing I'm reluctant about is if there is a "look how far we've come" type of event.
    They could age Ash by a year at least to mark the occasion. That'd be a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    They could age Ash by a year at least to mark the occasion. That'd be a treat.
    And then watch as he's 10 again in the next series ha ha. I don't think they'll age him just to celebrate 20 years tho.

The chances or Ash aging are about the same as Ash winning a league and amourshipping becoming canon; in other words it'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Why would he catch Mewtwo? He never catches legendaries plus he's already made friends with the two Mewtwo currently in existence. ^^;
    How come he never tries to catch a legendary? It's not like all legendaries need to be independent to not cause the world to explode or something. I mean, the catchphrase of the series is "gotta catch' em all!" and his surname is a pun on "Catch Em?
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)