Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon: XY Series Dub Title Thread

Wonderful, another season, another saga, another discussion thread.

Now, the episodes sound fine to me, doesn't bother me that they aren't puns because we don't need a pun every episode title. The first episode title sounds ominous as the second one sounds like it going to be a regular character introduction episode but it could be argued that the second episode is a pun of Enter the dragon which torpoleon stated earlier.

Now, one last thing. Are we going to be doing a thread a season this saga? In my opinion i think we should have one thread for the entire saga which will give a hub where all the episode titles can be found but if we have to do a thread a season i'm totally fine with it because it will be just as sufficient. Just a bit of food for thought now a new saga is approaching.

The era of Black and White is about to begin .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I wonder what will Shooty's dub name be.

Hopefully it's not Shooty. It's a lousy name.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

This thread should be sticked.

The titles are good, pretty similar to the Japanese version. Just drop the 'enter' and its the same.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Those titles are really cool! I like both of them. The Zekrom one sounds really cool. I think that these first two episode titles are really good. I hope the rest are as cool as these ones! It is strange that they are not puns. I wonder why that is. I really look forward to more episode titles.
    Last edited by tmega90; 29th January 2011 at 3:13 PM.

Wow, the titles are pretty similar to the Japanese version.

Hmmmmm...

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Hope they are staying more with the Japanise titles.

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

Pretty nice titles. As people said, they are similar which is fine. It is the content of the episode which matters the most. I personally think the episode titles are fine and I don't have a problem with them.

February 12, 2011 is coming up soon!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Cool, I'll record them on my DVR so I don't miss them.
    Platinum Friend Code:
    Name= James

3266 4325 2600

Proud owner of a shiny Whiscash! I caught it personally while fishing for a Feebas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip8003 View Post
    Hope they are staying more with the Japanise titles.
    i hope not.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    i hope not.
    I second that, the puns in the titles are great in my opinion, like i said in the other thread, i think enter Iris and kibago, might be referencing enter the dragon.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by tmega90 View Post
    It is strange that they are not puns. I wonder why that is. I really look forward to more episode titles.
    Maybe they finally ran out of puns to use at last.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Please remember that the first 18 episodes of BW are in the same dub production block as Sinnoh League Victors
    Are you suggesting that a new dubbing company could take over?

And I like the 2nd dub title: Enter Iris and Axew. The "Enter" part of it shows that it's being more serious with the anime (a little bit.) Enter usually refers to how a new character is introduced in an anime. If you've watched Inuyasha, there's episode titles for Enter Miroku..., Enter Sango..., Enter Shippo... etc, so I like how the dub already appears to be more serious.
    00][/CENTER]

Interesting. It reminds me of how the 4kids dub titles in the first season are similar to the original titles. Maybe TCPI is using a similar style. Anyway, I can't wait for this season.

In the Shadow of Zekrom, Enter Iris and Axew? I love the new titles! I also noticed that they're very similar to the Japanese titles and not as punny as you'd expect. It almost makes me hope that the rest of the B/W episode titles will be more like this. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it's something that'll be at the back of my mind for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I wonder what will Shooty's dub name be.

Hopefully it's not Shooty. It's a lousy name.
    Five bucks says it's Cameron. It fits well and it doesn't make my roll my eyes as much as the name Shooti does.
    Last edited by Lorde; 29th January 2011 at 2:57 PM.

wait im confused'' what just happened :I
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I couldn't decide which thread should prevail - opened earlier vs. more active - so I combined them. It seems like Kiba automatically became the OP because of their post being made earlier. I hope you can live with this arrangement^^ Of course, like in the old thread, everyone's still entitled to submit a new title in case they're the first to find out about it.

On topic, I like the first two titles. Despite the lack of a pun, they're easy to memorize and roll of the tongue easily :]

Edit: Stickied!
    Last edited by Sushi; 29th January 2011 at 4:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I couldn't decide which thread should prevail - opened earlier vs. more active - so I combined them. It seems like Kiba automatically became the OP because of their post being made earlier. I hope you can live with this arrangement^^ Of course, like in the old thread, everyone's still entitled to submit a new title in case they're the first to find out about it.

On topic, I like the first two titles. Despite the lack of a pun, they're easy to memorize and roll of the tongue easily :]
    ok sweet
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

NO PUNS!? O.0
    Could this mean, we will forever be free from that Awful Dub BGM?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I'm wondering they plan to dub the Japanese opening now

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I'm wondering they plan to dub the Japanese opening now
    I would be amazed if they do, lets all pray to Arceus it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    I would be amazed if they do, lets all pray to Arceus it happens.
    If not, then I just hope the ENG Opening is good at the very least. Just don't be disappointed when the JPN opening theme isn't kept.

Also is impossible Ted Lewis will return to be Giovanni and James? Maybe even Lillis can return as Jessie. I mean she came back in BD but it would have been weird to let her go back to Jessie then so maybe now?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Also is impossible Ted Lewis will return to be Giovanni and James? Maybe even Lillis can return as Jessie. I mean she came back in BD but it would have been weird to let her go back to Jessie then so maybe now?
    I just hope the TRio's current VA can make themselves sound serious and villainous like the JPN version.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelxio View Post
    Bring back Veronica Taylor for Ash! C'mon TPCi, Sarah's acting sucks!
    Kinda irrelevant to what im going to say but Sarah's voicing isn't as terrible as it used to be. Also, for the Black & White Series, they should use a male voice actor.... why is Ash the only one to get a female VA? Not sexist or anything but Veronica did make Ash sound like a guy though...haha

Anyways, I sort of formatted the first post, might get some changes here & there but yeah, just post the Dub Title, Air Date and source and I'll add them.

Edit: Also, as for the puns, isn't "In the Shadow of _____" some sort of saying or close to a saying...=/ I am probably wrong though but still glad they left out puns for these titles.
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 29th January 2011 at 7:17 PM.

Bravo, TPCI, good job on stopping those idiotic "Pun Titles", I hope this will continue.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast