Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1039

Thread: Pokémon: XY Series Dub Title Thread

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,072

    Default

    B&W had its moments but overall is forgettable. Well soon it'll be XY's turn to step up.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    I think we might not get pokemon XY till later on..

    Apparently bulbasaur and the hidden village is airing on the 14th of December... which is strange because that's episode 10 from season 1.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    I think we might not get pokemon XY till later on..

    Apparently bulbasaur and the hidden village is airing on the 14th of December... which is strange because that's episode 10 from season 1.
    What are you talking about? There hasn't been an episode of OS played on CN in like ten years. They are just going to play reruns until whenever xy starts.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    What are you talking about? There hasn't been an episode of OS played on CN in like ten years. They are just going to play reruns until whenever xy starts.
    I'm talking about cartoon network's schedule, they have bulbasaur and the hidden the village airing on the 14th
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    I'm talking about cartoon network's schedule, they have bulbasaur and the hidden the village airing on the 14th
    I'm looking everywhere and haven't found this at all, so I don't know what you are talking about.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    545

    Default

    On this site:
    http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=22&aid=zap2it

    It has OS010, M08 and M10 airing on Dec 14. Seems a bit silly though when that's a big enough timeslot to catch up with Japan's XY (barring what's not dubbed ofc).

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    On this site:
    http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=22&aid=zap2it

    It has OS010, M08 and M10 airing on Dec 14. Seems a bit silly though when that's a big enough timeslot to catch up with Japan's XY (barring what's not dubbed ofc).
    That's really weird and random then to have an os episode and two older movies play. Iean, we could easily get a dub of the brock/cilan special. Or they could reair movie 16.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That's really weird and random then to have an os episode and two older movies play. Iean, we could easily get a dub of the brock/cilan special. Or they could reair movie 16.
    They cant re-air a movie in a half an hour timeslot

    Also
    Lucario and the mystery of mew will air at 11am during that day, and the rise of darkrai will follow.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    904

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXdyRpuSLc

    So we finally got a idea of what the theme is and it's huh…yeah

    Brace yourselves.

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    the cold country of Canada
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    I'm talking about cartoon network's schedule, they have bulbasaur and the hidden the village airing on the 14th
    Eh, personally if I want to watch the OS, I'd go on youtube and this site. http://pokemonepisode.org/
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )


    Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier



    --------------------------

  11. #811
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,193

    Default

        Spoiler:- Japan:


    And why they are doing 15 years later a remix of Season 1 theme? In Japan, there isn't a Mezase Pokemon Master remix as the opening.

    And the "Gotcha catch'em all" returns to the dub. [I'm aware of that but a bit weird.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm


    Serebii, Bulbagarden

    Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

    I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.


  12. #812
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
        Spoiler:- Japan:


    And why they are doing 15 years later a remix of Season 1 theme? In Japan, there isn't a Mezase Pokemon Master remix as the opening.

    And the "Gotcha catch'em all" returns to the dub. [I'm aware of that but a bit weird.
    Why doee it matter, it's their song, plus we don't hear the full lyrics.

  13. #813
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Huh. Not a bad cover. Still, nothing beats the original one.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  14. #814
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Sounds like Brock is narrating XD

  15. #815
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Sounds like Brock is narrating XD
    I was just about to say that lol.

    And I don't mind that it's a remix of the original. I kinda like it xD




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  16. #816
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    No thanks-- I hate this remix: I had no problem with the one from Johto League Champions back in the day since that one was similar but became different about 16 seconds in to that song, but this one just plain sucks.

    Why would they remix ENG OP 1 now, though, if anything? I mean, the JPN one was Volt by Yusuke (and I'll be honest in saying that one sucks too and sounds like a garbled mess that reminds me of the YGO Zexal "Take a Chance" English OP, tbh).

    From what I heard from one of my friends here, this probably won't be the actual opening and these kinds of songs are often only used for the trailer for a series or a season premiere. If so, then this is fine with me: if not, this sucks badly.

    I'm so sorry, Jason Paige...you deserved better than this, IMHO. This cover didn't do him justice at all, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Sounds like Brock is narrating XD
    You mean in this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXdyRpuSLc, or somewhere else? If in this trailer, I doubt it: Brock's voice is a LOT deeper than that in the TPCi dub...it sounds nothing like Bill Rogers, even using his Drew voice.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th December 2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  17. #817
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    No thanks-- I hate this remix: I had no problem with the one from Johto League Champions back in the day since that one was similar but became different about 16 seconds in to that song, but this one just plain sucks.
    I disagree with you a lot. If this is the new opening for XY (and it most likely is) then I am very happy because I am LOVING it The 1st pokemon opening will always be my favourite so yay for a remix. Better than all the "love song" dub openings in previous series.




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  18. #818
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I disagree with you a lot. If this is the new opening for XY (and it most likely is) then I am very happy because I am LOVING it The 1st pokemon opening will always be my favourite so yay for a remix. Better than all the "love song" dub openings in previous series.
    Likewise, I disagree with you a lot. :P

    If you want a remix done right, look no further than the 4th opening: this cover is terrible, IMO.

    You act like all of them were like the BW Openings. smh.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  19. #819
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    me what can i say, even with the lines different as long implies the same meaning to the original then i'm fine with it

  20. #820
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    In my opinion, I thought the remix was great. It took 15 years, but it's great. I hope it's the actual opening.

  21. #821
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    me what can i say, even with the lines different as long implies the same meaning to the original then i'm fine with it
    The thing is, the lines aren't different: it's just a literal rehash of Dub Opening 1 with no play on things, man. I think that's pretty sad...at least with OP 4, the remix was done in a way that it started off similarly, but then changed and became its own song.

    OP 17 doesn't look to be that way: I hope to god this is not the real dub opening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    In my opinion, I thought the remix was great. It took 15 years, but it's great. I hope it's the actual opening.
    Dear god...why do I even bother trying to be the one voice that disagrees? Why? xD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  22. #822
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    You act like all of them were like the BW Openings. smh.
    I didn't say all of them, just the "love-themed" ones from DP to BW; they were really cheesy openings imo. I am so happy that this might be the new opening!


    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    The thing is, the lines aren't different: it's just a literal rehash of Dub Opening 1 with no play on things, man. I think that's pretty sad...at least with OP 4, the remix was done in a way that it started off similarly, but then changed and became its own song.
    That's why I like it, because it's so similar. It being almost identical to the first opening is not sad, it is nostalgic and amazing. I was expecting another mediocre opening with love lyrics, but wow, I was really not expecting this!


    But hey, we can have different opinions. It doesn't matter. You can hate it, and I can love it lol




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  23. #823
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I didn't say all of them, just the "love-themed" ones from DP to BW; they were really cheesy openings imo. I am so happy that this might be the new opening!


    That's why I like it, because it's so similar. It being almost identical to the first opening is not sad, it is nostalgic and amazing. I was expecting another mediocre opening with love lyrics, but wow, I was really not expecting this!


    But hey, we can have different opinions. It doesn't matter. You can hate it, and I can love it lol
    I don't think Dub Opening 10 was love-themed at all, nor 13 or 15, personally. xD.

    No problem: I respect that you like it so long as you understand where I'm coming from.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  24. #824
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I don't think Dub Opening 10 was love-themed at all, nor 13 or 15, personally. xD.

    No problem: I respect that you like it so long as you understand where I'm coming from.
    Come on now, you know what I mean. MOST not all were love-themed.

    I do understand where you are coming from, and I respect your intense dislike for the new opening xD Every person has different taste in things, so it's not like I mind or anything lol. They are your opinions after all.




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  25. #825
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I don't think it sounds too bad. It does sound better than what TCPi has done with openings in the past.
    3DS FC: 0877-1337-0183
    Ice Friend Safari: Snorunt, Beartic, Dewgong

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •