Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon: XY Series Dub Title Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Come on now, you know what I mean. MOST not all were love-themed.

I do understand where you are coming from, and I respect your intense dislike for the new opening xD Every person has different taste in things, so it's not like I mind or anything lol. They are your opinions after all.
    Yeah, but the non love-themed ones turned out to be the worst from TPCi so far, if that makes sense. The DP Rap still comes up in my nightmares! xD.

Thanks: likewise, I appreciate that you like the newer opening here.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, but the non love-themed ones turned out to be the worst from TPCi so far, if that makes sense. The DP Rap still comes up in my nightmares! xD.
    Thanks: likewise, I appreciate that you like the newer opening here.
    Well, there's finally something we agree on. The DP rap was a nightmare lol

And I admit even though I like the new opening, it is not better than the original. Nothing will ever compete with that imo.

Season 4 is not a remix. It is like calling Ice Ice Baby (Which I hate mind you) a remix of Under Pressure (Which I love)

This is a true remix.

And I see no issue. Power Rangers did it,Transformers did it,Hawaii 5 O did it etc I think the only people complaining are the people still stuck in the 4Kids era and just complain about everything TPCI does

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Well, there's finally something we agree on. The DP rap was a nightmare lol

And I admit even though I like the new opening, it is not better than the original. Nothing will ever compete with that.
    I don't even know what to call that one. lol.

Completely agreed that it is not better than the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Season 4 is not a remix. It is like calling Ice Ice Baby (Which I hate mind you) a remix of Under Pressure (Which I love)

This is a true remix.

And I see no issue. Power Rangers did it,Transformers did it,Hawaii 5 O did it etc I think the only people complaining are the people still stuck in the 4Kids era and just complain about everything TPCI does
    I agree that was not a true remix, which was a good thing: it was similar, but it differentiated itself from its predecessor enough to establish its own identity-- this song does not.

That's your opinion, though: some of us may have an issue with it. Of course not: as much as I do not like the TPCi dub (especially the script writing = >_<), I didn't have any problems with Galactic Battles (which was good), or Adventures in Unova, but I'm legitimately not happy with this one. I don't have to like the remix: it's just an opinion.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th December 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXdyRpuSLc

So we finally got a idea of what the theme is and it's huh…yeah

Brace yourselves.
    *Vomits* I'm sorry, but I loathe the remix of the first dub Opening theme. I never really liked the original version either to be honest, but the remix made it sound so much worse than that one. I just really dislike the faux-rock vibe, but I suppose it's still a lot better than the faux-rapping from the first DP Opening. :x

Someone pointed the singer sounds like David Rolfe who did season 4-8 of the 4kids opening. If we got him back that is wonderful! All of the 4Kids era songs are great and I think he played a role in it. Question is did TPCI bring Norman J. Grossfeld back too? I read he made the Gotta Catch em All motto and that is back so I wonder....

Someone pointed the singer sounds like David Rolfe who did season 4-8 of the 4kids opening. If we got him back that is wonderful! All of the 4Kids era songs are great and I think he played a role in it. Question is did TPCI bring Norman J. Grossfeld back too? I read he made the Gotta Catch em All motto and that is back so I wonder....
    Hmm...to me, it really doesn't sound like David Rolfe: it sounds like an entirely new vocalist for this series, but I could be wrong. They really do need to bring him back, though: IMO, he sang some of the best English dub songs from the 4Kids Era.

I doubt Norman J. Grossfeld is back as well given he hasn't been involved in a while, but I'm all for him returning to the series if he has.

However, if they brought either back to the series, that'd be GREAT to me: I'm just not getting my hopes up here.

Hmm...to me, it really doesn't sound like David Rolfe: it sounds like an entirely new vocalist for this series, but I could be wrong. They really do need to bring him back, though: IMO, he sang some of the best English dub songs from the 4Kids Era.

I doubt Norman J. Grossfeld is back given he hasn't been involved in a while, but I'm all for him returning to the series.

However, if they brought either back to the series, that'd be GREAT to me: I'm just not getting my hopes up here.
    Another person who did a song for the 4Kids era I'd like to see return is Bree Sharp. Loved her son in Movie 7. My issue with the new songs is more an issue with Cartoon Network limiting them for commercials. Well I see it has happened with shows on other networks too. It is like networks tell the people to just toss stuff togehter these days when back in the day we got themes where people put their all into it. Full House,Family Matters,Step by Step. Anime too. DBZ Rock the Dragon,Yugioh openings (Granted the new Zexel one is really good)

I would like to note that years have passed since he last sung for Pokemon. Maybe his voice changed a bit during that time or something? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I would like to note that years have passed since he last sung for Pokemon. Maybe his voice changed a bit during that time or something? ???
    That's very true: also a possibility, man. It just sounds different to me.

All I'm sure of is that is NOT Bill Rogers narrating that trailer: many of his voices have a far deeper, gruffer, and more gravelly tone/register than this guy does. If anything, the guy narrating the trailer sounds more like Flint of the Elite Four from Sinnoh, IMO.

Another person who did a song for the 4Kids era I'd like to see return is Bree Sharp. Loved her son in Movie 7. My issue with the new songs is more an issue with Cartoon Network limiting them for commercials. Well I see it has happened with shows on other networks too. It is like networks tell the people to just toss stuff togehter these days when back in the day we got themes where people put their all into it. Full House,Family Matters,Step by Step. Anime too. DBZ Rock the Dragon,Yugioh openings (Granted the new Zexel one is really good)
    The singer of "This Side of Paradise," right? Yeah: she was awesome, IMO.

That's more CN's fault like you said: my fault with most of them is...well, let's ignore the obviously bad DP Rap Season 10 OP for a minute, it is that the lyrics are either so cheesy like others before us have mentioned and don't have any real depth, or that they lose that more power-ballad feeling the 4Kids OPs had and it feels less like it comes from Ash's POV than the singers' POV.

I don't like the Zexal dub OP, personally (still better than the GX one, though): I did like the DM and 5D's dub openings, though. xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th December 2013 at 1:24 AM.

All I'm sure of is that is NOT Bill Rogers narrating that trailer: many of his voices have a far deeper, gruffer, and more gravelly tone than this guy's does.

That's more CN's fault like you said: my fault with most of them is...well, let's ignore the obviously bad DP Rap Season 10 OP for a minute, it is that the lyrics are either so cheesy like others before us have mentioned and don't have any real depth, or that they lose that more power-ballad feeling the 4Kids OPs had and it feels less like it comes from Ash's POV than the singers' POV.

I don't like the Zexal dub OP, personally (still better than the GX one, though): I did like the DM and 5D's dub openings, though. xD.
    I really like the lyrics and dub opening overall for sinnoh league victors, it was the last opening to be longer than 30 seconds and not all of the song is about love and you and me and that stuff.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I really like the lyrics and dub opening overall for sinnoh league victors, it was the last opening to be longer than 30 seconds and not all of the song is about love and you and me and that stuff.
    That's at least better than the DP Rap, for sure. It's one of my least favorites, mainly due to the score, though, but I can still see that.

All I'm sure of is that is NOT Bill Rogers narrating that trailer: many of his voices have a far deeper, gruffer, and more gravelly tone/register than this guy does. If anything, the guy narrating the trailer sounds more like Flint of the Elite Four from Sinnoh, IMO.

I won't lie kinda wish they had the singers make the lyrics and used fans of the series. Trust me Youtube has a lot of great singers that are into Pokemon. I can see Rina doing a great theme or heck even Danny from JSP. His voice is amazing. Truth is Youtube has some better VA then some official anime do.

I won't lie kinda wish they had the singers make the lyrics and used fans of the series. Trust me Youtube has a lot of great singers that are into Pokemon. I can see Rina doing a great theme or heck even Danny from JSP. His voice is amazing. Truth is Youtube has some better VA then some official anime do.
    I agree-- me too: I mean, look at this guy who ended up doing a remix himself of the first opening and did it better than the singer in the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcv7vNOM4Po.

(It looks like TPCi took his idea, though, based on them doing a Remix of English Dub Opening 1 for XY themselves-- though, I bet he's really happy judging from what he said in his comment box below!)

So this thread is the XY series dub title thread now ? Alright then, so far we have three XY dub titles......

XY001: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

XY002: Lumiose City Pursuit!

XY003: A Battle of Aerial Mobility!

Geez, February 1 is gonna be a long wait.

I think the only people complaining are the people still stuck in the 4Kids era and just complain about everything TPCI does
    I know, right?

Anyways, I am so glad that TPCI brought back the original theme song, the remix is really awesome!

Edit: Guys, please keep it in mind that this is the XY series dub title thread, not a voice actor/new trailer discussion thread.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 12th August 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I wonder if this will be a 30 sec song or a full minute. Would be weird if it is 30 seconds only. hopefully TPCI pull strings to do a minute long one since they did not cut the theme for the Kanto ep last week and usually they do like how Ed,Edd N Eddy gets cut to 10 secs

Also hope pun titles return

So I see the movie prologue is getting dubbed after all. Yesshhh

If the trailer song is the actual opening for XY, I take it it's a nod to "Gotta catch 'em all" returning as a slogan for the games? A nice touch. I see there's a Mega Evolution symbol behind the anime logo for a few seconds, too.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

So I was kinda bummed at this thread being retitled & I have a huge question that I want everyone that can to respond to. Do you guys honestly check the first post for the Dub Titles at any point? I want to know so that why I won't have to feel bad for not showing up days here to update the first post with the new Dub Titles. I mean I can do it again & it would give me some time to make up some new way format everything.

On-Topic, that trailer did give me chills. It made me want to watch the Johto League Champions Opening for some reason.xD
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

While I do like the Johto remake of the song the best, I'm kind of glad they brought it back . As long as they don't chop off half of it and present the full song like the original season 1 opening, I'll be fine with it .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Something has been bugging me. The narrator is...that Eric Stuart? For some reason I thought it sounded like Brock and realized is it Eric? For some reasons reminds me of the guy who announced Fox Box and I am not sure but I think that it was Eric who did do that. Granted that was like 8 or so years ago so my memory is bad.

Am I the only one that thought the trailer was the opening (apart from the narration of course)? I mean it was as long as a typical CN opening, contained only opening footage and had the title at the end. I'll be happy if that's what we get at least.

I think a key distinction between this type of opening and other recent TPCi openings is this one is a bit more about pumping yourself up for the goal you want to achieve, while other TPCi ones tend to focus on friendship. Both do work, I think I just prefer something that says we're getting ready for a battle.

Something has been bugging me. The narrator is...that Eric Stuart? For some reason I thought it sounded like Brock and realized is it Eric? For some reasons reminds me of the guy who announced Fox Box and I am not sure but I think that it was Eric who did do that. Granted that was like 8 or so years ago so my memory is bad.
    It sounds more like bill rogers brock.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Am I the only one that thought the trailer was the opening (apart from the narration of course)? I mean it was as long as a typical CN opening, contained only opening footage and had the title at the end. I'll be happy if that's what we get at least.

I think a key distinction between this type of opening and other recent TPCi openings is this one is a bit more about pumping yourself up for the goal you want to achieve, while other TPCi ones tend to focus on friendship. Both do work, I think I just prefer something that says we're getting ready for a battle.
    You aren't the only one. I also think that the images are from the opening. The shots of Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie aren't something that could air in a single episode on the anime. And with the song included? This is the opening theme of the XY series part 1.

Specially because
        Spoiler:- Japan:

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post

Me too, well actually I like both because both are imortant factors of pokemon. which is why I like Sinnoh League Victors. it puts it all in one. "Its about you me, its about me. It's about hope, It's about dreams, its about friends that work together, to claim their destiny etc." It combines them all in on one.
    I think the only people complaining are the people still stuck in the 4Kids era and just complain about everything TPCI does
    Exactly this.
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

[IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    So this thread is the XY series dub title thread now ? Alright then, so far we have three XY dub titles......

XY001: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventurds Begin!

XY002: Lumiose City Pursuit!

XY003: A Battle of Aerial Mobility!

Geez, February 1 is gonna be a long wait.

Maybe.....or maybe not, I dunno.

Anyways, I am so glad that TPCI brought back the original theme some, the remix is really awesome!
    they sure have changed a lot from the titles, but anyway is it confirmed to be on jan 18 or feb 1 cause i try to look on sites and they were not sure about it.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast