Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon: XY Series Dub Title Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Kinda irrelevant to what im going to say but Sarah's voicing isn't as terrible as it used to be. Also, for the Black & White Series, they should use a male voice actor.... why is Ash the only one to get a female VA? Not sexist or anything but Veronica did make Ash sound like a guy though...haha

Anyways, I sort of formatted the first post, might get some changes here & there but yeah, just post the Dub Title, Air Date and source and I'll add them.

Edit: Also, as for the puns, isn't "In the Shadow of _____" some sort of saying or close to a saying...=/ I am probably wrong though but still glad they left out puns for these titles.
    I'm wondering if the third title wil lbe like A Critical Moment! Enter Sandile!

OMG GREAT NEWS ZOMG!!!!

haha I hope they finally get rid of puns! :3

Looks like we're going to simpler titles.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I'm wondering if the third title wil lbe like A Critical Moment! Enter Sandile!
    Or maybe "A Critical Moment For Sandile!" You know, shorten the Japanese title.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    If not, then I just hope the ENG Opening is good at the very least. Just don't be disappointed when the JPN opening theme isn't kept.
    Oh of course, I would never ask that they use a Japanese song as an opener, I mean can you imagine how awful it would be if some cartoon that's for kids were to have a song in it in some other language? *cough* Toy Story 3 *cough* Anyway joking aside I'm not really so picky as to insist that dubs leave the songs in Japanese like they do in Naruto or FMA, I would be just as ok with having the songs dubbed into English versions like the ones for One Piece (the FUNimation dub), DBZ Kai, or Yu Yu Hakusho heck it can't be difficult, the Japanese openings are almost all sung by Ash's Japanese voice, so they can just put Sarah up to a mic and tell her to sing this and bam done. If Sarah can't sing (I imagine her having a nice singing voice for some reason), call Vic Mignogna and ask him to sing it, can't go wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Oh of course, I would never ask that they use a Japanese song as an opener, I mean can you imagine how awful it would be if some cartoon that's for kids were to have a song in it in some other language? *cough* Toy Story 3 *cough* Anyway joking aside I'm not really so picky as to insist that dubs leave the songs in Japanese like they do in Naruto or FMA, I would be just as ok with having the songs dubbed into English versions like the ones for One Piece (the FUNimation dub), DBZ Kai, or Yu Yu Hakusho heck it can't be difficult, the Japanese openings are almost all sung by Ash's Japanese voice, so they can just put Sarah up to a mic and tell her to sing this and bam done. If Sarah can't sing (I imagine her having a nice singing voice for some reason), call Vic Mignogna and ask him to sing it, can't go wrong there.
    Oh Vic. The ace in the hole for dubs

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Even so, if they do make a different ENG opening, it better be good.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Could all of our wishes for a more accurate dub with Japanese BGM and less puns be coming true?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    Could all of our wishes for a more accurate dub with Japanese BGM and less puns be coming true?
    I don't know about more JPN music (though I hope) but I do expect less puns. But if there must be puns, they must be funny or have cheesy appeal.

I just want to know how they'll handle the Opening. If they're going to use to JPN opening sequence, then they'll have to pull some string with CN.

I wouldn't get your hopes too up so should the first two episodes of the dub be better than you expect, you'll be overjoyed.

I don't know about more JPN music (though I hope) but I do expect less puns. But if there must be puns, they must be funny or have cheesy appeal.

I just want to know how they'll handle the Opening. If they're going to use to JPN opening sequence, then they'll have to pull some string with CN.

I wouldn't get your hopes too up so should the first two episodes of the dub be better than you expect, you'll be overjoyed.
    We might not even get an Opening for this 1-hour special... well thats what I think.

Noooo! Don't let the puns disappear.

Even though I think they won't disappear, it would be an absolute disaster. I prefer the pun titles they don't give away the plot of the episode before you have even watched it.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I would've called them "Foreshadowing Zekrom" and "The Iris of the storm" myself.

(even though the episode may have nothing to do with a storm...)

We might not even get an Opening for this 1-hour special... well thats what I think.
    Why? We did for the DP special. Also I think this is just a hour premier of BW not a special. Myguest is they we just keep airing episodes weekly.

I think they'll use the Japanese opening, just shortened like they usually do for past seasons. It'll start at the beginning till Pikachu jumps off Reshiram, then jump to the group shot at the end.

As for them having the opening during the one hour premier? It all depends on if they will air episode 3 and on starting the next Saturday after and if they're combining episodes 1 and 2 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    I think they'll use the Japanese opening, just shortened like they usually do for past seasons. It'll start at the beginning till Pikachu jumps off Reshiram, then jump to the group shot at the end.

As for them having the opening during the one hour premier? It all depends on if they will air episode 3 and on starting the next Saturday after and if they're combining episodes 1 and 2 or not.
    by Japanese opening do you mean the song left in Japanese with subtitles, or the opening dubbed in English?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Why? We did for the DP special. Also I think this is just a hour premier of BW not a special. Myguest is they we just keep airing episodes weekly.
    We got the DP Special on April 20, 2007, while it began airing episodes regularly June 2007..... and there was no opening:DP001 Page

Episode 3
    Title - A Sandile Gusher of Change
    Date - 19th February 2011
    Time - 9:00am

Episode 4
    Title - The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice
    Date - 26th February 2011

source msn tv schedule
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Episode 3
    Title - A Sandile Gusher of Change
    Date - 19th February 2011

Episode 4
    Title - The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice
    Date - 26th February 2011

source msn tv schedule
    Off-topic: I find it funny how we both wanted to co-own the thread and since both of ours got merged, we each can post the titles.

On-topic: Again no puns??? I'm liking where this is going.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Off-topic: I find it funny how we both wanted to co-own the thread and since both of ours got merged, we each can post the titles.

On-topic: Again no puns??? I'm liking where this is going.
    i know

and the 3rd title is actually a pun but the 4th isn't but 3 out of 4 ain't bad but the english title added the tepig spoiler'' while the raw didn't
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I like these new titles! I really like The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice! That one sounds really cool. They are really cool and it confirms that the first two episodes weren't just a preview like some people thought.

"A Sandile Gusher of Change"? Are we sure thats not somehow a pun? it just sounds...weird. But if it's not hopefully this confirms that TCPi is trying something new with the series.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    "A Sandile Gusher of Change"? Are we sure thats not somehow a pun? it just sounds...weird. But if it's not hopefully this confirms that TCPi is trying something new with the series.
    Personally, I would've gone with Sandile's Critical Moment!

Well there Sandile and there change. Were so damn close to the Javanese.

Personally, I would've gone with Sandile's Critical Moment!
    That would've been too close to the japanese title, so I'm glad it's no where near the japanese title, the 4th one is okay i guess. I'm glad the battle club is the battle club in the dub, the battle center would have been better though.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Im surprised about the lack of puns in the titles. Sure, we're in sync with the Japanese titles, but it's starting to sound really bland. :x

Anywho, the titles for the first four episodes are alright. I can live with "In The Shadow of Zekrom"; I can feel a small hint or pun in there somewhere, so its a win win I guess.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast