Thread: An Uber Team by artbomber_97

Post An Uber Team by artbomber_97

Hey guys, I've been absent from Serebii for a couple of months now, due to my computer being broken. And now I've came back, I decided to make my first post in the 5th gen RMT forum. This is my first-ever 5th gen Uber team, and it helped me get pretty high up on the ladder. So please feel free to rate my team. I appreciate all your helps.

Team At A Glance

The idea of this team came when I was looking at Kyogre's POTW ananlyzes, and I thought "Oh, this is an awesome pokemon, I should build a team around it." And I started building this team, well, a rain-based team, around Kyogre.

In-Depth Look
    Lead

Kyogre @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 4 Def
    IVs : 30 Spe IV
    Modest Nature (+SAtk; -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder

EVs and Nature:
    This spread will maximize Kyogre's bulk and Special Attack to serve its purpose. 30 Speed IV and no investments in Speed allow opposing Groudon to outspeed Kyogre, therefore lose the weather fight. Of course this stradegy will fail if Groudon intentionally runs a -Spe nature and 0 Speed IVs. In this case, Kyogre will have to switch out, wait until its teammates took care of Groudon then come back in.

Explainations:

Well, as I said, I based my team around Kyogre, and leading is a perfect position for it, since Kyogre has the ability to set up permenant rain and cause status for the foe in the form of Thunder Wave. Kyogre matches up well against most of the common leads in Ubers, such as Darkrai or Deoxys-S. With Lum Berry, Kyogre can avoid Dark Void from Darkrai or Thunder Wave from Groudon and KO them with Surf. TrickScarfers will also be neutralized, as Kyogre can easily use the Choice Scarf to kill the opponent. Attacking Leads such as Scarf Mewtwo or Rayquaza will also be stopped by Kyogre. Because of its 100/90/140 bulk and max HP, Kyogre can ALWAYS survive a hit coming from opposing pokemon, (even Choice Specs Kyogre cannot KO with Thunder) and hit them back hard with its Maxed Base 150 Special Attack.
    Kyogre can also work later in the game as a mid-game sweeper. With Thunder Wave, Kyogre surpasses its speed problem and hit like a truck with crazy SpAtk. It can also act as a lure, luring in some of its common switch-ins, such as Latias or Palkia, only found themselves being paralyzed by Thunder Wave and got killed by other teammates easily (Scizor can take care of Latias, while Palkia can deal with opposing Palkia).
    But of course, there are still some pokemon which are able to stop Kyogre. Nattorei can be quite a threat, since non of Kyogre's attack are capable of 2HKOing Nattorei, while it can set up Leech Seed, Spikes or attack with Power Whip. Soul Dew Latias is also a problem, since even Ice Beam won't be able to KO. Zekrom is a great check to Kyogre, since its Lightning Strike is capable of OHKOing Kyogre. And finally, as mentioned above, Lead Groudon with Minimized Speed can be quite troublesome, since Ice Beam or Surf under the sun won't be able to OHKO it.

Special Sweeper

Manaphy @ Life Orb
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs : 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe; -Atk)
    - Tail Glow
    - Rest
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    EVs and Nature:
    The EV spread is pretty straight-foward. Max Special Attack to give it the best sweeping potential, 176 Speed and a + Nature allows it to outspeed all non-scarfed base 90s, like Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre and Giratina. 80 HP to give it some bulk, allowing Manaphy to set up properly.

Explainations:

In Gen 5, Tail Glow has became a +3 Special Attack boosting move, which is a really awesome change for Manaphy. Now it can easily get to +6, while can get back to full health right away with Rest and Hydration. For the attacking slots, Surf is a powerful and reliable STAB move, and even boosted by rain. Ice Beam provides good coverage along with Surf, and its capable of OHKOing many Dragons, which are common in Ubers, as well as Groudon. Actually though, I'm considering about using Grass Knot in the 4th slot, as it OHKOs Groudon, Tyranitar and Kyogre. But either way, after 1 Tail Glow boost, Manaphy becomes a destructive beast that wreaks havocs through opponents' teams.
    However, Manaphy's biggest downfall is its mediocre Speed. Faster foes, such as Palkia, can switch in on the turn Manaphy uses Rest or Tail Glow, and then kill it with X2 moves like Thunder. Therefore, there are many pokemon who threaten Manaphy in Ubers, including Zekrom, Palkia and Scarfed Kyogre. Furthermore, there are some pokemon who resist Manaphy's attacks and effectively counter it. Dialga and Nattorei are two most threatening counters, as non of Manaphy's attacks can hit them super effectively. And ultimately, weather changers like Rayquaza or Groudon can switch-in on Rest, which equals to giving them 2 free turns to setup.

Wish Passer

Latias @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 112 HP/ 204 SpA / 192 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe; -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Toxic
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Protect
    EVs and Nature:
    The HP EVs are important since this is a Support set, and therefore Latias needs to survive as long as possible. 112 HP, along with the SDef boost from Soul Dew, allows Latias to survive even a Specs Kyogre's Ice Beam. The Speed EVs and a + nature will help Latias outspeed many pokemon in Ubers. SAtk EVs combined with Soul Dew boost and a STAB Dragon Pulse coming from 110 Base SAtk will do heavy damage to many pokemon.

Explainations:
    My whole team is fulled of pokemon without self-recovery (barring Manaphy with Rest), therefore I decided to add a Wishpasser to the team. Latias is a great option, because of its stats and access to Soul Dew (well, banned in gen 5 but still viable in Dream World Uber). Wish + Protect forms a reliable recovery combination. Protect also helps Latias Toxic stalling the foe. Dragon Pulse is a reliable STAB move.
    Scizor can give Latias a trouble, because it threatens Latias with Pursuit or STAB U-turn, and Latias can't do nothing to Scizor, neither Toxic nor Dragon Pulse. So if Latias meets a Scizor, it's R.I.P. Other Pursuiters like ScarfTar or Metagross are also really annoying. Scarfed Dragons, such as Scarf Zekrom is also threatening, as they can hit like a truck with STAB Outrages, but of course, I can use that chance to switch my Scizor in and kill.

Supporter

Dialga @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/ 140 SAtk/ 116 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk; -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    EVs and Nature:
    252 HP/ 116 SDef prevents Dialga from being 2HKOed by full health Kyogre's Water Spout, therefore being able to set up Stealth Rock, paralyze Kyogre then get the hell out of there. 140 SAtk and Modest allow Dialga to OHKO many pokemon, while can't be killed due to solid defenses.

Explainations:
    Dialga has a great defensive typing, access to Stealth Rock, solid defensive stats, therefore make it a great Supporter for the team. Steel type is always a wonderful typing, it's my favorite type, since adding a Steel-type in the team will, like, covers EVERY weaknesses there are. Dialga's only two weaknesses are Ground and Fighting, which both covered well by Latias. About the moveset, Stealth Rock is obvious. since it's the main purpose of this set. Stealth Rock allows some attacks to ensure an OHKO on the foe, and its always an awesome move. Toxic is another cool move, it wears down opponents effectively. Thunder, with a high 30% chance of paralyzing the foe, can also be used to provide paralyze support, which is great because my team is full of slow sweepers. Draco Meteor is a strong STAB move, combined with 408 SAtk, can deal great damage to many pokemon.
    Faster Taunt users like Deoxys-S can stop Dialga from setting up Stealth Rock or Toxic, but Dialga can predict the Taunt, and just fire a Draco Meteor to kill them. Groudon can kill Dialga easily with its STAB Earthquake, but I can predict and switch Latias in safely. Scarf Garchomp can check Dialga with Earthquake, but then again, I can just switch Latias in. Weather condition also affects Dialga greatly, as if the rain is stopped and sun abuses, Dialga's Thunder will become useless. Furthermore, pokemon like Ho-oh and Groudon can kill Dialga under the sun. Nattorei is quite annoying, as it resists both of Dialga's attacks and Toxic, and can set up Leech Seed or Spikes. Because of that, I think I can drop Thunder and replace with Aura Sphere to hit Nattorei, but that means I will lose the paralyze support. Can you guys help me with this?

Mixed Attacker

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature (+Spe; -Def)
    - Surf
    - Aqua Tail
    - Spacial Rend
    - Fire Blast
    EVs and Nature:
    The spread is pretty self-explainatory. Max out everything to hit as hard and as fast as you can. Hasty is to ensure a 2HKO to Chansey from rain-boosted Aqua Tail.

Explainations:
    Palkia is a dangerous rain sweeper. Under the rain, its STAB Water moves, Surf and Aqua Tail, are boosted, and even furthermore boosted by Lustrous Orb. Combine this with a passable 277 Atk and a great 399 SAtk, Palkia becomes a monster. Surf and Spacial Rend provides awesome dual STAB coverage, and both are boosted by Lustrous Orb. Aqua Tail prevents Palkia from being completely walled by those Special Walls, such as Chansey. Fire Blast may seems weired in a rain team, but it helps crushing those nasty Nattoreis (damn, Nattorei is a ****ing big problem to this team) and some other Steel types, even when power-dropped by the rain.
    Palkia's only weakness is Dragons, and therefore faster Dragon-types will easily check it. Latias, Kingdra under the rain, Scarf Garchomp, Scarfed Zekrom, Reshiram are some examples. But of course, I can switch Scizor in on these pokemon and make their lives miserable. And other than that, pretty much nothing can stop this Palkia.

Physical Attacker

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk; -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    EVs and Nature:
    I maxed out Special Defense because of the popularity of all those special attackers in Ubers. Maxed SDef and Rain condition will allow Scizor to survive some Special Fire attacks, like Fire Blast. Max Attack and Adamant are pretty obvious.

Explainations:
    As mentioned above, I love Steel types. And Scizor is the best offensive Steel type out there. Bullet Punch is the move that made Scizor so popular like today, and for good reason. Combined with Technician, STAB boost, Choice Band, priorty stage and a monstrous 394 Atk stat, a beast was created. Scizor has the ability to stop some most threatening pokemon in Ubers, like Latios and Latias, Woobuffet or Mewtwo with STAB U-turn and Pursuit. Its awesome defensive typing also allows it to take hits from some common types in Ubers, mainly Dragon. Superpower kills Nattorei, which is a great threat to my team.
    The first thing to mention is Groudon can destroy Scizor by switching in, set up sun then Fire Punch or Overheat. Therefore, it is really important to keep Kyogre alive to stop sun abusing. Some physical walls, most notably Physically Defensive Lugia and Giratina, completely stop Scizor. Reshiram can check Scizor with Blue Flame, but since Scizor's invested heavily in SDef, its not a sure-KO. Ho-oh can check Scizor, since I don't invest in Physical Defense, Ho-oh can kill with Sacred Fire. Another thing to mention, although not really common in Uber, is that Shadow Tag Shandera can come in on Superpower, and turn Scizor into a complete setup fodder.

Threat List
    The first and foremost thing to say, as I've mentioned many times in the thread, is that Nattorei's a REALLY dangerous to my team. The only member capable of OHKOing Nattorei is Scizor with Superpower, and other members' attacks are all resisted by it. So can you guys help me figure out a way to stop Nattorei?
    And other than that, I can't see any other clear threat. If you can see any other things that threaten my team, please let me know.

Conclusion
    So that's my team. I appreciate any helps from you guys to help my team become better. Thanks a lot!

I'm tired of signatures...

I assume that this is for dream world. Kyogre no longer needs to have such a set due to team preview allowing you to change your lead. Since you lack a revenge killer, I recommend making kyogre choice scarf. I stronly recommend against using manaphy in ubers. It falls prey to so many thunders used in ubers from things like latias and palkia. At least add a wacan berry so it can survive a thunder if you insist upon using it. If not, I recommend using a wallbreaker as your team struggles to wallbreak such as zekrom. I also find that latias lacks purpose here. You already have palkia as a kyogre check and your team is more offensively oriented so you would not need it anyway. I would recommend removing either palkia or latias for something that can absorb electric attacks and deal with Nattorei. Nattorei is threatening to all rain teams therefore adding something such as Arceus fighting, terakion, virizion would be very helpful.
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

Ok thanks a lot. I'll replace Latias with Virizion, cuz it can absorb those Electric attacks, and it can set up and kill Nattorei. And this team is for Dream World, so I'm not gonna change the lead. Thanks a bunch for your help.

In smogon, there is still a team preview even in DW so it is different . I still think you need a wallbreaker so zekrom over manaphy is still a good idea.

Join my new forum:

Credit to J-Master!

Ok, thanks.

no soul dew in fifth gen yet
    ;612;;609;;534;;579;530;;637;
    well, darn it... the new sprites arent up, so if you want to see my worlds 2011 team you have to do a little work

This is a Dream World team, how many times do I have to repeat that?

A possible way to kill Nattorei would be to use Aura Sphere on Palkia. Nattorei's Gyro Ball is resisted by Palkia. As cazle6 said, Zekrom is a good choice. Not just as a wallbreaker, but also to bait Groudon and kill it with Draco Meteor, that way you can set up the rain with no fear. On that note, you also need a way to stop Zekrom since Kyogre stands no chance (something Zekrom is famous for) and STAB Lightining Strike hurts most of your team, and if not that then Outrage will be murder (especially on Latias).
    What're you lookin' at soldier? DROP AND GIVE ME 645!!!

DO THEM RIGHT OR FACE THE WRATH OF MA' SAND FORCE!!!

--Landorus Boot Camp Motto

Aura sphere is never a reliable way to kill nattorei. I once tried it but I found that fire blast was fine. Especially if fire blast is already there.

Join my new forum:

Credit to J-Master!

Seems like a good team, but I'm a n00b who knows nothing, so, yeah

Spoiler:- credit:

Default invicible pokemonz

EVARYBODY! I FIGGIRD OUT HOW TO MAKE SHEDINJA INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!
    1- get a shedinja, a smeargle, and mew
    2- teach shedinja mimic in platinum or sumthin
    3-transfer them all to black or white and teach mew mirror type
    4- get in a wild double battle
    5- start with shedinja and smeargle
    6- use sketch with smeargle (it shud b faster than shedinja), and use mimic on smeargle.
    7- use shedinja's protect while you switch to mew. then use mirror type with mew and use sketch on that move.
    8- u shud now permanently have mirror type on shedinja
    9- give it a focus sash and use it in a double battle with spiritomb
    10- use mirror type on spiritomb
    Recommended set-
    mirror type
    endeavor
    shadow sneak
    spite/ will-o-wisp/ telekinesis

also this place will be funny- http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Smogon_University
    Last edited by pikamanepicfail45; 2nd February 2011 at 8:18 PM.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Ok, seriously, don't spam in my thread.

Are you going to edit in the changes? Do you disagree with my rate?

Join my new forum:

Credit to J-Master!

Oh, no, not at all. I'm just too lazy to edit, that's all. lol