Thread: Shuckle Power Trick

Default Shuckle Power Trick

Expert Belt + EarthQuake+Power Trick = Greatness?

Everyone knows Shuckles Defense is extremely high. (610 with max beneficial nature)

He learns Power Trick at 48.

Hes usually considered a Tank with 610 defense.
    Yet Power Trick switches Attack and Defense.

Would using Power Trick, with Earthquake with or without the expert belt, be considered a sweeper move?

Or would it just be an invalid combination?
    I know the moveset works out.

Im just wondering if even spending time on this would be a good idea.

No, it's not a good idea. Even with Power Trick, its speed sucks so you aren't going to be sweeping anytime soon. Combine that with the fact that it's vulnerable to Caterpie Tackles from the physical side and all your setup's just useless. If you're thinking about Trick Room as well, then that's even more impractical to set up and not worth attempting a sweep for a mere two turns. Theoretically, this would work better in Doubles, with TR and/or Follow Me support but I can't say much about that.

As we wind on down the road~

What about this moveset?

Gyroball
    Power Trick
    attract (most people I battle have male pokemon)
    Protect

The plan was to(of course this would merely be a useful setup if the gender is oposite.

Breed a female shuckle.

In battle

Attract, Power trick, Gyroball?

^That is less risky, but you still run the chance of losing your shuckle since your defenses would be like 10. Power trick would probably be better in doubles where your other pokemon uses trick room and shuckle uses power trick. Shuckle will probably be last in speed so he can attack first with 600 attack.
    Looking for:
    UT TRU Manaphy Timid

Friend Safari: Water - Krabby Wartortle Frogadier
    Friend Code: 4527 8754 1490

You can get pokemon with that much attack in one turn of set up and still won't be vunerable to Tackles from Magikarp.

Like Scizor or Excadrill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep Freak View Post
    You can get pokemon with that much attack in one turn of set up and still won't be vunerable to Tackles from Magikarp.

Like Scizor or Excadrill.
    Lol this is the gen 4 discussion forum. There's no Excadrill.
    I'm tired of signatures...

Yeah Trick Shuckle really doesn't work as well as a lot would anticipate. As mentioned a Follow Me support may let this work, but it's far too risky.

Ok, this idea has been suggested over and over again. It doesn't work.

Know what you get after Shuckle uses Power Trick? A very slow Pokemon with relatively weak offenses and next to no Physical Defense. People joke about Tackle killing it, but the only reason this isn't true is due to Shuckle's resistance to it! 600+ Attack WILL NOT sweep a team, Lucario hits well over 700 and he can't do it.

You can try it in Trick Room Double Battles but it won't work there either because of all the Focus Sash / Priority moves and Protect on literally everything that can stall the Trick Room turns out.

How about a double battle with TR bronzong, which is immune to EQ? Then it can put the pokemon shuckle doesn't hurt to sleep, and since swaps are rare in double battle, the sleep clause wouldn't be to much of a problem.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

i wouldnt use power trick shuckles slow and wont have a chance to k.o the opponet

Vote ditto or mew

Battle Record:1W 0L

My Trade Shophttp://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525792
    My Teamhttp://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post13750856

join thunder ghouls im the grass leader (join grass division)
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2e3y7x3.gif[/IMG]

credit to draya the dark master

If you baton pass some agility over, it might work as a sweeper....
    Platinum FC: 0431-4472-0311
    Nirvana <3

Are we all forgeting his also incredibly high special defense? If he's against a special sweeper, he's basicly invincible. Otherwise, you could baton pass a belly drum from a spore/belly drum/baton pass smeargle. That way, you'll have some defense to work with after power trick.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

You an use Shuckle with power trick, Earthquake, stone edge and gyro ball only in trick room team and only againts special sweeper because after power trick he can be OHKO by almost every psyhical atakck! Sandstorm support is also nice but i dont recommend power trick shuckle - i dont recommend shuckle either

Ive used a PowerSwitch Shuckle setup before, it was TERRIBLE. Your opponent will ALWAYS switch to a Physical Sweeper to kill you. PowerSwitch Shuckle is one of the worst gimmick Pokemon ever. Shuckle's only practical offensive use is a Toxic Staller.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/