Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: OU without Shandera.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    194

    Default OU without Shandera.

    As you guys all know, Pokemon Online decided to ban Shadow Tag Shandera from OU play for a month time to see how it will affect the metagame, and to see if the metagame is more balanced without Shandera or not.

    So what do you guys think about a metagame with no Shandera? Discuss.
    I'm tired of signatures...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Without Shandera the number of viable Pokemon in OU has practically doubled. That alone is enough reason to kill it off for good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Where ever I may roam
    Posts
    629

    Default

    isn't shadow tag shandera illegal? And anyways, it's not like it's unbeatable. People will always come up with counters and ways to beat it eventually, like we did with garchomp. We can see if our opponent has Shandera now, so we can plan accordingly. IMO, it's a waste of time
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Shadow Tag Shandera isn't available in Wifi, but it can be used in Dream World. In fact, it is the most used pokemon in the metagame, having over 20% of usage. It's ban from Dream World has changed the metagame really much, stuff like Nattoreis and Skarmory don't have to carry a Shed Shell anymore, Scizor got back to its popularity with the Choice Band set cuz it doesn't have to be afraid of being trapped in Superpower and become a set up fodder or just sit there and watch itself being owned by Overheat anymore, etc. In my opinion, Shandera is the pokemon that formed the metagame today we are playing, and it is a really interesting pokemon.
    I'm tired of signatures...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    285

    Default

    I swear, he won't be missed. He sucked anyways, performing menial tasks such as Choice Scarf and Calm Mind. Plus, SHadow Tag isn't released yet, so it doesn't make very threatening.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    Image is far too wide. Whitespace within an image counts, it stretches screens. Please check the signature rules.
    [IMG*]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/xPureProdigy69/Eaglehawksfinisheduserbarinwhite.gif[/IMG*]

        Spoiler:- In Memoriam:


    If you're new to competitive battling and want me to check out your Rate My Team thread, don't be afraid to VM or PM me. I'll be happy to help.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I swear, he won't be missed. He sucked anyways, performing menial tasks such as Choice Scarf and Calm Mind. Plus, SHadow Tag isn't released yet, so it doesn't make very threatening.
    This is actually deserving of a facepalm picture. It's called Dreamworld, you know? That tier where Dream World abilities like Shadow Tag on Shandera are released? Yeah, that.

    Anyways, I'm happy that I'll finally be able to run stall more easily without being overly reliant on toxic spikes to prevent Chansey and friends from getting destroyed, and Lefties on Skarm will be really helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Seriously, you guys sound like you have never played Dream World before. Shandera was the strongest revenge killer in the metagame, nearly every team in OU has him because of his ability to trap the opponent, turn them into a set up fodder or just simply finish them off with a STAB Overheat. Say, you have a ScarfTar on the field, and it just killed the opponent's Chansey with a Superpower. Now you are locked into Superpower and prepare for a switch-out. But the opponet sends in a Shandera. Now what are you going to do? You can't switch out, and you are locked with Superpower, which can't even hit Shandera. Exactly, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Now you know for sure that that Shandera is gonna fire a Hidden Power Fighting at you, but you can't do nothing other than just click the Superpower button. How does that feel? Frustrating? Well, what if that Shandera doesn't use Hidden Power and use Calm Mind instead? How would you feel now? You start to yell and punch at the computer's screen right? Then how about after getting to +6 SAtk and SDef, Shandera starts to use Minimize? I bet 99.9% of you would immediately hit the "Close Window" button and forfeit that match.

    Therefore, I repeat: Shandera is the most dangerous threat in the OU metagame. And after this, anyone who still doesn't believe me, pm me and we shall have a battle at Pokemon Online to see who's right.
    I'm tired of signatures...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PARAMORE LAND<3333333
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artbomber_97 View Post
    Seriously, you guys sound like you have never played Dream World before. Shandera was the strongest revenge killer in the metagame, nearly every team in OU has him because of his ability to trap the opponent, turn them into a set up fodder or just simply finish them off with a STAB Overheat. Say, you have a ScarfTar on the field, and it just killed the opponent's Chansey with a Superpower. Now you are locked into Superpower and prepare for a switch-out. But the opponet sends in a Shandera. Now what are you going to do? You can't switch out, and you are locked with Superpower, which can't even hit Shandera. Exactly, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Now you know for sure that that Shandera is gonna fire a Hidden Power Fighting at you, but you can't do nothing other than just click the Superpower button. How does that feel? Frustrating? Well, what if that Shandera doesn't use Hidden Power and use Calm Mind instead? How would you feel now? You start to yell and punch at the computer's screen right? Then how about after getting to +6 SAtk and SDef, Shandera starts to use Minimize? I bet 99.9% of you would immediately hit the "Close Window" button and forfeit that match.

    Therefore, I repeat: Shandera is the most dangerous threat in the OU metagame. And after this, anyone who still doesn't believe me, pm me and we shall have a battle at Pokemon Online to see who's right.
    i completely agree with you. with shandera gone way less shed shell will be seen. less usage of some of its real counters... umm yeah more choice banded fighting moves... etc...
    "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. "- Paramore<3

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grasstown
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artbomber_97 View Post
    Then how about after getting to +6 SAtk and SDef, Shandera starts to use Minimize?
    Wait, isn't evasion boosting b&?

    NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

    Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

    John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Sorry if this is off-topic but where would I be able to find a list of OU pokemon for gen 5?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    the fall of every season
    Posts
    3,690

    Default

    tier list as per po. smogon's are likely to be different.

    ou without shandera is like smogon ou, why not just go to smogon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Shandera banned? No, it's not that good. Shadow Tag banned? Yes, please!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    981

    Default

    It did what Wobbufett did fantastically, but it has more freedom. The only thing that could really bash Shanderra, was itself.

    It had too much freedom, and I'm glad the PO took it away from that. Nearly every team had Shanderra. Gengar was nearly bumped down to BL because of it.
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:


    Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    It did what Wobbufett did fantastically, but it has more freedom. The only thing that could really bash Shanderra, was itself.
    Shadow Tag doesn't trap other Shandera.

    Shame, huh?

    Also, why hasn't anyone brought up that Shandera was used on 40% of teams when it was banned from DW?

    # 1 - Kyogre (23.97 %)

    # 2 - Shandera (22.31 %)

    # 3 - Groudon (21.11 %)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    Also, why hasn't anyone brought up that Shandera was used on 40% of teams when it was banned from DW?

    # 1 - Kyogre (23.97 %)

    # 2 - Shandera (22.31 %)

    # 3 - Groudon (21.11 %)
    Because a lot of people here don't understand the concept of over-centralization.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Because a lot of people here don't understand the concept of over-centralization.
    Harvest, why did you waste your 1,000 on this?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    tier list as per po. smogon's are likely to be different.
    Is that the only list available so far?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    the fall of every season
    Posts
    3,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    Is that the only list available so far?
    i believe so. smogon haven't got usage stats out so far.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    450

    Default

    I've used him on Pokemon Online. He's strong and useful, but not unfair or unbeatable. He's just as dangerous as Shell Break Cloyster w/ Kings Rock and Butterfly Dance Moth-guy.
    Quote of the moment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwindstudios View Post
    Theoretically, In order for garchomps and pidgeots to fly at the speed of sound, (Let's include sonic the hedgehog into this to...) they need to consume over 5 1/2 MILLION calories a day!
    Bow to the Dual-Weilding Key of Destiny
    Roxas:Claimed



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Shandera does tend to overcentralise the metagame a little though. However, drizzle severely reduces its uses. So why ban something that is still managable? Imo, I do not agree with a single thing that PO has done. Just play smogon.
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

    Join my new forum:

    http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php



    Credit to J-Master!

    Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    calze6 whats with you and PO hate. Its seemingly baseless and extremely aggravating when you insult the work that hundreds of people have done over there, including myself and many "Smogonites" who apparently prefer the way things are done at PO. You seem to hate the new UU tier, but considering the thing is only a few weeks old a fairly large number of bans have already taken place (I think Mew / Deoxys / Latias / Vulpix / Latios so far).

    What do you want them to do calze? Listen to you say they suck, and completely give up despite them being about 5 times as active as Smogon's server. Or keep working on hammering out the new tiers, while Smogon focuses almost exclusively on OU. From what I can tell ATM the only differences between Smogon OU and Pokemon Online OU is Smogon just recently banning Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team.

    So yeah, if you dislike Pokemon Online I have no problem with you expressing your opinion in a well thought out, reasonable way. However please try to back it up with some kind of reasoning besides "I don't like it so everyone should go to Smogon".

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Lol someone is mad. Ok chill out Blue Harvest, no need to argue about the tiering system. This is just a game after all.
    I'm tired of signatures...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    the fall of every season
    Posts
    3,690

    Default

    Shandera does tend to overcentralise the metagame a little though. However, drizzle severely reduces its uses. So why ban something that is still managable?
    uh are you even aware of why wobb was banned in dpp?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lolwut?
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Anything with Shadow Tag has to be banned. Seriously, ban the entire ability, even in Ubers. No more Wobbuffet jerking us off (not that way) And Chandelure can stop shooting us the middle... candle?

    Seriously, Uber Shanderaa sounds good to me.

    Ooooooh, I hope they ban sleep moves, they already began testing for it.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Wait, isn't evasion boosting b&?
    Nah, evasion clause isn't there anymore in gen 5. I know, fuck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweep Freak View Post
    Anything with Shadow Tag has to be banned. Seriously, ban the entire ability, even in Ubers. No more Wobbuffet jerking us off (not that way) And Chandelure can stop shooting us the middle... candle?

    Seriously, Uber Shanderaa sounds good to me.

    Ooooooh, I hope they ban sleep moves, they already began testing for it.
    You are forgetting that there's still the third user of Shadow Tag, which is Gothitelle. Gothitelle sucks, so there's no need to ban the whole ability.
    I'm tired of signatures...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •