Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 522

Thread: Regarding our selection process

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12

    Red face

    i have and idea the pokemon that is the most voted for is the pokemon of the week then the secont most voted if after then the third most voted is after then there is anothe vote



    say got 464 voted
    got 305 votes and
    304 voted then

    will be pokemon of the week then
    then
    then another vote again

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MudkipsAreAwesome View Post
    DW Blaziken is banished in Smogon Tiers right? And yea, Blaziken in Ubers is too overwhelmed. Those he outspeeds, he can't kill, while they kill him in 1 hit. Those that outspeed him will also murder him. Besides, he would have that much turns to live...
    I believe we have a group working on our own tiers, where we don't randomly ban everything that changes the status quo from Gen IV

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    what about using a short lists of favorites that havent been done yet (ie chandelure, electross, hydeigon, NOT asking just pointing out the obvious), then using RNG to pick them?

    also would it be possible to post base stats in the profile too?
    For the same reasons as I've stated before, we need to think of balance for the next four years. If we do all of the favourites straight away, then we're screwed.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super piplup View Post
    i have and idea the pokemon that is the most voted for is the pokemon of the week then the secont most voted if after then the third most voted is after then there is anothe vote



    say got 464 voted
    got 305 votes and
    304 voted then

    will be pokemon of the week then
    then
    then another vote again
    This way, all of the favorite's will get chosen first, leaving and other NU Pokés last.
    As Serebii said, we need to balance out the Pokémon.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6

    Default

    i think gyarados should be the next potw
    i know its kinda random based on everyone going on this whole poll thing, but i would still like to see the new stuff gyarados gets in fifth gen since i just got the game a week or so ago



        Spoiler:- Sprites I've created:

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    No requesting.
    Read the other 7.5 pages and ask yourself is it worth it.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    302

    Default

    I'm not requesting this, but will Blaziken be POTW when his dream world ability has come out???

    My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MudkipsAreAwesome View Post
    DW Blaziken is banished in Smogon Tiers right? And yea, Blaziken in Ubers is too overwhelmed. Those he outspeeds, he can't kill, while they kill him in 1 hit. Those that outspeed him will also murder him. Besides, he would have that much turns to live...
    This argument has been said too many times. It does not matter how well a pokemon does in Ubers, only how well it does in OU. If it really is game-breaking in the OU metagame, it shall be sent to Ubers. It's your choice if you want to use Blaziken in Ubers, nobody cares.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haxorusfan View Post
    I'm not requesting this, but will Blaziken be POTW when his dream world ability has come out???
    If we go by your method, we can also do Raticate and Mightyena, no wait and hassle free.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hogging Caitlin's Bed
    Posts
    927

    Default

    I don't really want to go for a vote either. I like surprises, heehee. :3

    Though I do like what POTW's come up with so far, I am glad that every Poke would be included, even if it would take a few years.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Because Porygon 2 and Porygon Z both have so different uses, maybe have two separate POTW articles for them.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, Under the Rainbow
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Because Porygon 2 and Porygon Z both have so different uses, maybe have two separate POTW articles for them.
    And to a lesser extent, Shelgon and Murkrow.

    Evolite Shelgon- Wish
    Evolite Murkrow- Highest Defenses of all Pranksters with a reliable recovery move (Including Evolite of course).

    Of course in the lower tiers...
    Ignore, thanks.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    ^Well they have practically one set, P2 has a few.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    I have an idea. One week, you use the RNG, and the next week you take a request, and alternate. This way, people have a say while keeping it random.
    I will repeat my request because nobody has said anything about it yet. Is this a good idea or not?

    Another question, how long does it take for tiers to be officially declared?
    I claim Buizel.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    @Part A:People will request good/OU Pokés, and who will we take a request from?
    @Part B:Once Smogon gets off of Pokémon Online, then they will take a bit longer to type them up, then they will be done. So in a couple of weeks is my guess.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    For the requests, we take requests from everyone and do a sort of "put the names in a hat and draw one" type of thing. The idea is to keep the RNG and be able to have requests.
    I claim Buizel.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    So a RNG for requested Pokémon.
    Still, most of them would be OU or favorite Pokémon, and you are doing another RNG, so there is no point really.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Well, who doesn't want their favorites chosen? That can't be fixed in a non-RNG selection method.

    The OU Pokemon part we can work around. Once tiers come out, the requests can come from a specific tier for that week. For example:

    First Week: Current RNG
    Second Week: Request OU Pokemon
    Third: RNG
    Fourth: Request BL
    Fifth: RNG
    Sixth: Request UU
    7th: RNG
    8th: request NU
    9th: RNG
    10th: request Uber

    and repeat.
    I claim Buizel.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    302

    Default

    I can't wait for the Ferrothorn POTW. That is going to be the best week ever

    My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Woboffet and Wynaut are bound to be the last Uber Pokémon, NU is the largest tier, so after a couple of years, we will just be doing NU Pokémon.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Then randomize the tier that people can choose from instead having a set rotation. Like I said earlier, you can't keep people from choosing their favorites, but you can influence the tier so that OU is not the exclusively chosen tier.
    I claim Buizel.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    Well, who doesn't want their favorites chosen? That can't be fixed in a non-RNG selection method.

    The OU Pokemon part we can work around. Once tiers come out, the requests can come from a specific tier for that week. For example:

    First Week: Current RNG
    Second Week: Request OU Pokemon
    Third: RNG
    Fourth: Request BL
    Fifth: RNG
    Sixth: Request UU
    7th: RNG
    8th: request NU
    9th: RNG
    10th: request Uber

    and repeat.
    Tiers change often. We're keeping it completely random and that's that

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Woboffet and Wynaut are bound to be the last Uber Pokémon, NU is the largest tier, so after a couple of years, we will just be doing NU Pokémon.
    are you saying that they are un popular? i want to do Woboffet as i have an idea utilising desteny bond
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Can't wait for Cofagrigus potw then.
    My pkm white team.


    my friend code:
    Danger: 1678 3908 5350

    PM me for trades, battles, facebook, whatever!

    <--This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Hoping that Marowak shows up soon!

    I'm back, baby.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I'll let you guess......
    Posts
    109

    Default

    a voting thread would be good


    Magikarp Used Splash Attack!!!!!!

    NOTICE:
    I WILL BE GONE FROM JUNE 16 TO AUGUST
    13. I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE AT ALL DURING
    THIS TIME.
        Spoiler:- Special thanx:

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garchompkid View Post
    are you saying that they are un popular? i want to do Woboffet as i have an idea utilising desteny bond
    Yes, yes I was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weavile22 View Post
    a voting thread would be good
    A voting thread would be bad because the results would be biast.
    And Serebii has sated that we will not do it several times.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •