Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our selection process

you know i have never understood the place of dunsparce it seems like a pokemon that should get mentioned but never is..also what i dont understand is why it looks like a dragon type yet its only a normal also it has no evo's i just dont understand why they made that pokemon
    DRAGONITE
    Dream team:     Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rjmtxt.png[/IMG]    Spoiler:- click it..if you dare:

(if you are some of the people who want a game where YOU get to choose YOUR own destiny and can make YOUR own decisions, then add this to YOUR signature)....started by me but you dont have to put my name down if you dont wanna

just so everyone knows... this thread is for posting things about the SELECTION PROCESS not why pokemon are in certain teirs. the only reason teirs get brought up is because you get people who think we should only do OU pokemon and you get people like me who think every pokemon has its uses and therefore we should do pokemon from all teirs. last generation they did delcatty. yes, delcatty is far from decent in terms of stats and moves. but it has normalize thunder wave. some people see doing delcatty as a waste of time but I find it fun trying to think up ways to use the pokemon we dont give much thought to. and we have all seen people post odd sets that actually do have uses. just because something isnt perfecet doesnt mean we shouldnt consider it. I am all for doing pokemon like salamence. but we all know what to expect from salamence. doing something like swalot is fun because even if you dont find it to be worth using you now know what it can throw at you if you face one. the second you underestimate a pokemon is when it will beat you. ive seen smeargle used effectively to win a battle. the biggest thing doing the less used pokemon gives us is knowledge. they say knowledge is power so why not suck it up, do the lesser used pokemon and maybe learn something
    You cannont handle the steels!

Archeops let's do Archeops it's a new Pokemon (not so new 5th gen was out America 6 mars and Europe 5 mars). It has good sets good speed attack ect... So blah blah blah you should do Archeops. Tecannon521 is a smart guy.
    Last edited by Necro101; 24th July 2011 at 9:25 PM.

Unhappy

For crying out loud people, pokemon for pokemon of the week are selected by a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR. Requests are NOT taken so stop making them.
    My Shinies:

My Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by random13 View Post
    For crying out loud people, pokemon for pokemon of the week are selected by a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR. Requests are NOT taken so stop making them.
    bequiet newbie he takes peoples advice for it as well..if it were random then there would rarely have a legendarie as pokemon of the week..

anyways i was looking into darkrai and i dont think it was done justice..if you ask me its move set should be: nightmare, dark void, dream eater, dark pulse..trait: bad dreams..held item: zoom lens, x accuracy(use for beggining of battle), dread plate, and wide lens..use dark void in the beginning of the game(or x accuracy), then use nightmare, next use dream eater until it wakes up, finally finish it up with dark pulse...i think if it were to use that move set then it would be pretty impossible to beat it.
    DRAGONITE
    Dream team:     Spoiler:- thanks:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rjmtxt.png[/IMG]    Spoiler:- click it..if you dare:

(if you are some of the people who want a game where YOU get to choose YOUR own destiny and can make YOUR own decisions, then add this to YOUR signature)....started by me but you dont have to put my name down if you dont wanna

As of right now it is almost always the rng except for weeks with special events. for example the weeks around a movie release will feature the main movie pokemon like they just did. other than stuff like that its rng all the way
    You cannont handle the steels!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlover711 View Post
    you know i have never understood the place of dunsparce it seems like a pokemon that should get mentioned but never is..also what i dont understand is why it looks like a dragon type yet its only a normal also it has no evo's i just dont understand why they made that pokemon
    dunsparce is pretty cool, it has serene grace ability, GLARE!!! ←thee best paralyzing move IMO,headbutt/rock slide both turns to 60% chance of flinching with serene grace iirc, roost, and COIL! and a huge base HP.I have defeated many OU pokemons on random wifi with it too, you just have to send it out in the right timing and set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlover711 View Post
    bequiet newbie he takes peoples advice for it as well..if it were random then there would rarely have a legendarie as pokemon of the week..
    Sorry for raining on your parade waterlover, but he does not take suggestions. Its RNG all the time, except for special events or when the RNG really pisses him off, which then they pick it themselves, which an extremely rare occurance.
    I support doing all pokemon, however if i were to have to pick a tier not to cover, it would be the Uber tier considering they are relegated to only the uber teir, and give therefore give newcomers the least amount benifit, not to mention they are way to well known in competitive battling.
    This is not POTW people! This topic is to discuss the selection process, not to post sets of pokemon that you are sad that they arent doing, or are not going to do for some time.
    Competitive battling pokemon

Currently Training
    Shiny Pokemon

I would love to see a 5th generation Blastoise.

Again this topic is about how they should select pokemon, not for requests of a pokemon they should do next.

Currently Training
    Shiny Pokemon

I think the way it's done right now is fantastic. But yeah, if we were to not do a tier, it would be Ubers, and their overpowered stat or stats are usually enough to give people an idea of a set.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

May I suggest Kyurem as next weeks PotW?

Really? This topic is about how they should select pokemon, not for requests of a pokemon they should do next. And what is the point of suggesting if they do not consider suggestions??? Its a Random Number Generator not a person who picks the pokemon of the week!

Currently Training
    Shiny Pokemon

Can't you understand that they aren't taking suggestions?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Not that I am complaining, but is it still a random process, because we have had lots of OUs and few lower then that?

Other than the Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini last month, yes it is still random

Just a thought, maybe we should do Thundurus before it is made uber. and maybe when we get near the end of the gen, when there are the amount of weeks as OU pokes left, we just do them.

All Gen V legends are out of the RNG, as are a few other Pokémon from previous generations

are Pusle and Minun in the same week? I was wondering since they have only there attack and defense switched, and there isn't a big difference between them, so they are even more the same then Scyter and Scizor, thought Plusle and Minun aren't evolutions.

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    All Gen V legends are out of the RNG, as are a few other Pokémon from previous generations
    did u take out the legends foe gen 5 and others because of possible events?

Quote Originally Posted by maciscool View Post
    did u take out the legends foe gen 5 and others because of possible events?
    Yeah I did

I just want to see Kyogre at some point. I made up my own set if anyone is interested.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    I just want to see Kyogre at some point. I made up my own set if anyone is interested.
    It's probably also in the RNG (although IDK if ubers get a different setup, esp. since Kyogre was the alst 4th gen POTW). Kyogre hasn't changed that much anyway; basically it got Scald and that's the only major difference.

I have claimed Giratina

Are there further plans to do a Pokemons of the week feature like what what done with Rotom and it's formes?

Suggestions: Legendary trios, Pokemon via location (ie - Route 1 pokemon); Game mascot pokemon duos/trios; Starter trios by game; common typings (ie - Normal/Flying or Bug/Poison).

RNG is good and all, but I think some people just want to see more Pokes featured.
    Black : 4298 3302 3660

White: 4985 5250 0857

Quote Originally Posted by IceBug View Post
    Are there further plans to do a Pokemons of the week feature like what what done with Rotom and it's formes?

Suggestions: Legendary trios, Pokemon via location (ie - Route 1 pokemon); Game mascot pokemon duos/trios; Starter trios by game; common typings (ie - Normal/Flying or Bug/Poison).

RNG is good and all, but I think some people just want to see more Pokes featured.
    If multiple Pokemon are done again, it will most likely just be multiple forms of one Pokemon (i.e, Giratina). Of course, in that case Arceus's POTW write-up would be a nightmare.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast