Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our selection process

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    I just want to see Kyogre at some point. I made up my own set if anyone is interested.
    how many times must it be said? this forum is for debate about how to select potw pokemon. NOT to suggest pokemon
    You cannont handle the steels!

Idk if it has been said or not, but what about doing pokemon by competitive battling tiers? You could start with that and maybe break it down further into the most common type of moveset by the pokemon? Like sweeper, wall, etc. So you could have all the common pokemon used as a sweeper in each tier or each common wall or something.
    White FC: 4728 5263 4514
    White 2 FC: 4771 5281 8895

Special thanks to FairyWitch for the wonderful banners, and adding me to TEG!

*Double Spoiler and Signature exceeds height limit. Offending contents removed.

I didn't suggest it cannon, I only said I want to see it at one point.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by elyk800 View Post
    Idk if it has been said or not, but what about doing pokemon by competitive battling tiers? You could start with that and maybe break it down further into the most common type of moveset by the pokemon? Like sweeper, wall, etc. So you could have all the common pokemon used as a sweeper in each tier or each common wall or something.
    The problem with this method is that only popular pokemon would be chosen, then eventually you run out of said pokemon and are stuck with stuff people have no interest in making POTW boring.
    My Shinies:

My Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    I just want to see Kyogre at some point. I made up my own set if anyone is interested
    I totally Agree with teccannon521, this topic is not for suggestion or for that matter advertising the sets you have made. Escpecially for uber pokemon, the tier they SHOULDNT cover, which the sets are pretty much known by everyone. and the new trainers dont gain anything from ubers anyway. Nor are ubers near as fun coming up sets with.
    Competitive battling pokemon

Currently Training
    Shiny Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by twcopal View Post
    I totally Agree with teccannon521, this topic is not for suggestion or for that matter advertising the sets you have made. Escpecially for uber pokemon, the tier they SHOULDNT cover, which the sets are pretty much known by everyone. and the new trainers dont gain anything from ubers anyway. Nor are ubers near as fun coming up sets with.
    I have to agree. Ubers suck when it comes to sets. They have such good movepools, you can pull the dream set, which is what everyone is going to do. ANd I like the random selection. It gives crap like Ludicolo a chance.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    I have to agree. Ubers suck when it comes to sets. They have such good movepools, you can pull the dream set, which is what everyone is going to do. ANd I like the random selection. It gives crap like Ludicolo a chance.
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess you never battled Miror B. in Colosseum?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I'm interested in writing a page on an upcoming pokemon page. How do I go about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Tower View Post
    I'm interested in writing a page on an upcoming pokemon page. How do I go about that.
    You learn EVs, natures and become a master of the OU metagame. Defeat your rivals, post great RMTs and prove yourself to be a great member of the community. Months later, get modded and gain respect of fellow mods. Then, assuming you still care, you must defeat Reno in mortal combat and steal the POTW from him in a battle not unlike this one.

There can be only one.

OK, seriously? Not even a mention of Curse for Vaporeon's entry? Not even under "other options"?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    OK, seriously? Not even a mention of Curse for Vaporeon's entry? Not even under "other options"?
    I don't see why it would get a mention, seeing as how Vaporeon has a pitiful Base 65 Atk stat. It might be worth it if it's Atk was higher, but even then it doesn't have the moves to get past Pokemon like Jellicent and Ferrothorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Scald offers a relatively good 30% chance to Burn, which cuts your opponent's Attack in half. Which makes you bulkier by subtraction without wasting a moveslot or turn.

I have claimed Giratina

man. I had a good idea for a moveset for Glaceon, but I didn't know they were taking them until just now

What about a trial voting system. Open a new thread and every day change the options while collecting the data over a period of time. A lot of people are actually against OU pokemon and favour NU/UU. If it is just OU then close it and we'll say no more about it.

And please stop requesting this thread is not for requesting

Oh and i know some of you guys will read this and then pick up your hammer of justice and send it crashing down upon my post with all your rage and hatred shattering it into little pieces of stupidity and shame, so i ask you to point out your objection calmly and we will talk about it reasonably unless anyone points out something which i agree with. Its just an idea so you dont have to take it as if i have insulted you.

Goodbye and have a nice day!
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

OK, Vaporeon I can kinda get, but no Curse for Flareon? Come on! Flareon has decent Special Defense, and it's Speed's already in the toilet, so why not?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Curse.. and use what.. Fire Fang? Superpower? Come on its best sweeping move is going to be Return.

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    What about a trial voting system. Open a new thread and every day change the options while collecting the data over a period of time. A lot of people are actually against OU pokemon and favour NU/UU. If it is just OU then close it and we'll say no more about it.

And please stop requesting this thread is not for requesting

Oh and i know some of you guys will read this and then pick up your hammer of justice and send it crashing down upon my post with all your rage and hatred shattering it into little pieces of stupidity and shame, so i ask you to point out your objection calmly and we will talk about it reasonably unless anyone points out something which i agree with. Its just an idea so you dont have to take it as if i have insulted you.

Goodbye and have a nice day!
    Because, doing it by voting would mean all the favourites are still done first and would leave us with months of crap near the end.

It's about balance. Voting system will destroy that balance

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Because, doing it by voting would mean all the favourites are still done first and would leave us with months of crap near the end.
    Just have to say.. There are enough "viable in OU" Pokemon for at least 4 years of POTW. I mean according to usage stats even around the 200's you have stuff like Cinccino, Tauros, Druddigon and Qwilfish all of whom have multiple OU usable sets they can run. Then there's stuff in the lower 300+ like Raticate and Arbok.. I could easily write half a dozen sets for Raticate. Raticate isn't that bad! Guts gives its Facade about as much power as Choice Band Groudon's Earthquakes (seriously).

But I don't think a vote would be worth the trouble. Regardless of what we pick people are going to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post

It's about balance. Voting system will destroy that balance
    Ok i see your point.

Btw didnt you say something about a new system coming into place a few months ago?

Have a good one
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Leave it the way it is.Stop complaining.It's not gonna change.I like it.It's like a surprise.You never know who it's gonna be.If everyone let the best go first then there rest of the ones that suck would most likely stop reading the potw and/or just plain stop coming to serebii.

I think (sorry if this isnt supposed to go here :/) Staraptor should go? Because alot of people use it, but then that would fall under popular.... I know. How about, you do the region flying types?

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

Why do we always assume that pokemon is being used in OU? Umbreon's PotW makes it look like it's terrible, when it's a good wall in RU. Such bulkiness, being able to Heal Bell any Toxics, can pass Wishes, can boost with Curse, can BP Curses, it's AMAZING in RU.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Why do we always assume that pokemon is being used in OU? Umbreon's PotW makes it look like it's terrible, when it's a good wall in RU. Such bulkiness, being able to Heal Bell any Toxics, can pass Wishes, can boost with Curse, can BP Curses, it's AMAZING in RU.
    Because most players who use the POTW to help them with sets are new to the game, and thus play OU.

That and I'm sure Reno has never played RU / UU before so he'd just have to ******** out something he doesn't know.

Umbreon isn't even THAT great in RU lol. Giving Yanmega a free switch in is never good.

Yeah, I guess the only place it can actually do something is NU, because Cress somewhat outclasses it.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Yeah, I guess the only place it can actually do something is NU, because Cress somewhat outclasses it.
    WHich is only a tier in the IMO retarded tiering process PO server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast