Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our selection process

Doing two separate articles would be best, mathematically. That way no pokemon will be forgotten before the generation is over. Also, if you did the poling (I don't think you should, suspense adds) you could easily pick out all "crappy" pokemon so there is no favor for a good pokemon. All aside, you're always going to have someone complaining, that is life.

/end what has already been said and ignored
    Rawr.
    -- Reaper.

Er, where's the pre-evolution corner for Yamask?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

yamask is horrible, which is probably why it's not there. xD

(but seriously. In upper tiers it's not even worth mentioning it, in UU Frosslass/Mismagius is better, and in RU or LU, Jellicent's pre-evo, Rotom, or Cofgrigugs, is better).

ok, when are we going to get a top-tier OU like Conkeldurr or Ferrothorn? God, I think the last one we had was either TTar or Blissey or something.

Here are the OU pokemon we've had:

Rotom-W
    Mienshao
    Scizor
    Darmanitan
    Whimsicott
    Mence
    TTar
    Blissey
    Cloyster
    Tentacruel

And why do we list nonviable sets (looking at the SpecsTar set) If the POTW is to teach new players about that pokemon? It could lead them the wrong way about what's viable.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 5th November 2011 at 9:21 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

While I agree with the system and its fun trying to guess what will be next I hope a report will get done on Hypno and Huntail 2 of my favorite Pokemon.

My other dragon please visit.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    ok, when are we going to get a top-tier OU like Conkeldurr or Ferrothorn? God, I think the last one we had was either TTar or Blissey or something.

Here are the OU pokemon we've had:

Rotom-W
    Mienshao
    Scizor
    Darmanitan
    Whimsicott
    Mence
    TTar
    Blissey
    Cloyster
    Tentacruel

And why do we list nonviable sets (looking at the SpecsTar set) If the POTW is to teach new players about that pokemon? It could lead them the wrong way about what's viable.
    Go back and read the 1st post......

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    yamask is horrible, which is probably why it's not there. xD

(but seriously. In upper tiers it's not even worth mentioning it, in UU Frosslass/Mismagius is better, and in RU or LU, Jellicent's pre-evo, Rotom, or Cofgrigugs, is better).
    Oh really?

Here's the scenario. Your opponent has out a Haxorus, and you a Chandelure. You withdraw Chandelure and send in a level, let's say, 19 Yamask. Haxorus OHKOs Yamask with Outrage and acquires Mummy. Then you send in Slaking. See where this is headed? Ordinarily, Slaking would hit Haxorus on the inevitable switch with Pursuit, acquiring Mummy, but since Haxorus is locked into Outrage and unable to switch out, Slaking instead opts to OHKO with Slash. Either way, the turn ends with Slaking minus Truant and ready to sweep. I know this works, because it's happened to me. And my Slaking wiped out the rest of the opponent's team, FYI. My finest Random Matchup moment.

Yamask still sound horrible? And before you mention the possibility of Yamask's immunity to Normal and Fighting screwing things up, I have two words to say to that; Ring Target.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Oh really?

Here's the scenario. Your opponent has out a Haxorus, and you a Chandelure. You withdraw Chandelure and send in a level, let's say, 19 Yamask. Haxorus OHKOs Yamask with Outrage and acquires Mummy. Then you send in Slaking. See where this is headed? Ordinarily, Slaking would hit Haxorus on the inevitable switch with Pursuit, acquiring Mummy, but since Haxorus is locked into Outrage and unable to switch out, Slaking instead opts to OHKO with Slash. Either way, the turn ends with Slaking minus Truant and ready to sweep. I know this works, because it's happened to me. And my Slaking wiped out the rest of the opponent's team, FYI. My finest Random Matchup moment.

Yamask still sound horrible? And before you mention the possibility of Yamask's immunity to Normal and Fighting screwing things up, I have two words to say to that; Ring Target.
    Sooooooo are you sure Yamask is good when
    a) I can switch out because I can see your plan coming from a mile away, thanks to the fact that it's hard to hide a Yamask and Slaking with Team Preview,
    b) Haxy uses Earthquake (or any one-hit move) instead of Outrage?
    c) You just wasted 33% of your pokemon in that RM?
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 7th November 2011 at 9:55 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

Oh really?

That's an interesting strategy. I'm curious how it fares against players who aren't terrible.

Default 5th Gen Pokemon

Would it be possible to do a few 5th gen pokemon for the POTW selection as its coming up to a year soon when BW was released and there isn't many 5th gen ones done yet, it seems a shame that a lot of the new ones are still alien to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Sooooooo are you sure Yamask is good when
    a) I can switch out because I can see your plan coming from a mile away, thanks to the fact that it's hard to hide a Yamask and Slaking with Team Preview,
    b) Haxy uses Earthquake (or any one-hit move) instead of Outrage?
    c) You just wasted 33% of your pokemon in that RM?
    Like a lot of other strategies, it merely requires a bit of prediction. All I gotta do is predict when a contact move is coming, then bring in Yamask.

a) When I start to put the plan into action, all it involves is switching in Yamask, Yamask taking the attack and fainting, then me sending out Slaking. This all happens in the span of one turn, so when you realize what's happened, Slaking is in perfect position to Pursuit the opponent's ***.
    b) Giving Chandelure an Air Balloon would alleviate the Earthquake problem. Like I said, it requires prediction.
    c) Hardly a waste, considering Slaking was able to sweep the opponent's team with ease.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Like a lot of other strategies, it merely requires a bit of prediction. All I gotta do is predict when a contact move is coming, then bring in Yamask.

a) When I start to put the plan into action, all it involves is switching in Yamask, Yamask taking the attack and fainting, then me sending out Slaking. This all happens in the span of one turn, so when you realize what's happened, Slaking is in perfect position to Pursuit the opponent's ***.
    b) Giving Chandelure an Air Balloon would alleviate the Earthquake problem. Like I said, it requires prediction.
    c) Hardly a waste, considering Slaking was able to sweep the opponent's team with ease.
    Team Preview still screws your gimmick against any decent player being rational. Seeing a Mummy user and Slaking on the same team is a pretty obvious strategy, just like Whimsicott+Terrakion. Furthermore, I can still switch out once I see you send out Slaking (even better, I can switch in a Ghost and use your wasted turn for a little setup...). It's a really obvious strategy.

And you still need your opponent to use a move that makes contact. If your opponent uses Earthquake or 99% of special moves it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Espayeon View Post
    Would it be possible to do a few 5th gen pokemon for the POTW selection as its coming up to a year soon when BW was released and there isn't many 5th gen ones done yet, it seems a shame that a lot of the new ones are still alien to a lot of people.
    Read the first post........

I have claimed Giratina

How about if a Pokemon gets a major boon within a generation, it is eligible to be selected by the RNG again? For example in Gen 4, the Scizor POTW was very different to how it was used once it got Superpower and Bug Bite. If such a case happens again I think it is worth it to do a POTW even if the Pokemon has been done before.

(Obviously this idea doesn't need to be implemented now, but IF Ruby remake/Grey/DW events happen and change a Pokemon significantly, it would be worth reviewing a Pokemon twice)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Maybe we could have special 'weeks' like the Eeveelution week. Maybe a week once every couple months to dedicate a certain themed pokemon or type? Eg. Halloween week that has 7 random Ghost type pokemon or Christmas Special where pokemon like Delibird, Abomasnow, Stantler are covered. I'd like to get in the holiday mood with POTW
    My Pokemon Black Team:

Yeah doing Serebii POTW events with the holiday's would be cool.

What is this whimsicott/Terrakion strategy? I'm véry interested in it.
    Names ANTHEM White FC IS 4298-5945-5261

http://teampokecity.forumotion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kal2400 View Post
    What is this whimsicott/Terrakion strategy? I'm véry interested in it.
    A strategy for double battles. Whimsicott attacks Terrakion with Beat Up, activating Justified four times, thus increasing Terrakion's Attack by four levels and allowing it to sweep with stuff like Rock Slide.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

A strategy for double battles. Whimsicott attacks Terrakion with Beat Up, activating Justified four times, thus increasing Terrakion's Attack by four levels and allowing it to sweep with stuff like Rock Slide.
    It's even more deadly in Triple Battles

Put Terrakion in the middle. Whimsicott to one side and say Weasel/Sneasel on the other. Whimsicott uses Tailwind with Prankster which goes first and increases the other team's speed. Weavile/Sneasel uses Beat Up which hits 6 times on Terrakion, increasing Attack 6 stages. Terrakion uses Rock Slide and it destroys

So, when will Cinccino be reviewed?
    I wanna know how to use her battle potential in the UU ranks, heck, OU works too. Mine just KO'd a chandelure that was EV and IV trained. Plus, mine is my in game Cinccino too.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    So, when will Cinccino be reviewed?
    I wanna know how to use her battle potential in the UU ranks, heck, OU works too. Mine just KO'd a chandelure that was EV and IV trained. Plus, mine is my in game Cinccino too.
    As has been explained, multiple times, such as in the first post of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Please allow me to explain. Barring the first few Pokémon (up until March 20th), the selection is completely random barring special events like movies in July and game releases. As such, several Pokémon are struck out of the random selector for this reason.

Thanks
    So you'll get a review for Cinccino when the random number generator lands on it. Sorry, but just have patience and read the opening post and a few posts back.
    Last edited by Ememew; 30th November 2011 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    As has been explained, multiple times, such as in the first post of this thread:

So you'll get a review for Cinccino when the random number generator lands on it. Sorry, but just have patience and read the opening post and a few posts back.
    Okay. Got a bit too rush since my thoughts that many online battles are too Victinized by victory that they are using pokes that they even don't want to use in the standard gameplay. I think out of the box you see.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I personally beileve we should alternate teirs but still keep the pokemon random then we dont overload on one teir

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

id like to see a torterra potw, ill just have to cross my fingers for this one...
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It's even more deadly in Triple Battles

Put Terrakion in the middle. Whimsicott to one side and say Weasel/Sneasel on the other. Whimsicott uses Tailwind with Prankster which goes first and increases the other team's speed. Weavile/Sneasel uses Beat Up which hits 6 times on Terrakion, increasing Attack 6 stages. Terrakion uses Rock Slide and it destroys
    Don't you mean a weavile? A weasel is cool, but that's a furret. :P
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10ws194.gif[/IMG]

PO name: [TEG]Pika ruler
    PS name: Pika ruler

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by yanmegy423 View Post
    Maybe we could have special 'weeks' like the Eeveelution week. Maybe a week once every couple months to dedicate a certain themed pokemon or type? Eg. Halloween week that has 7 random Ghost type pokemon or Christmas Special where pokemon like Delibird, Abomasnow, Stantler are covered. I'd like to get in the holiday mood with POTW
    I would like to see a theme like that every holiday too.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10ws194.gif[/IMG]

PO name: [TEG]Pika ruler
    PS name: Pika ruler

Spoiler:- Credit:

Pick Victini, Darkria or Deoxys
    Because Darkria is the only dark legend of Sinnoh, Deoxys is the best pokemonof Heonn and Victini is the most strongest pixie legendary with V-create by far

Pokemon Rules............

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast