Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Regarding our selection process

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yes, and those ones will have pre-evo corners...
    Still, that's not full coverage.

I could say one thing, Include the little cup of every POTW candidates.
    Current Chapter: 35: Methol's Need (Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    I could say one thing, Include the little cup of every POTW candidates.
    I plan on it.

I have a question: When Black 2 and White 2 come out, and let's say they have tutors, would we have to change many of the articles?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    Still, that's not full coverage.
    I'm doing pre evolution corner for every Pokemon that evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skegs View Post
    I have a question: When Black 2 and White 2 come out, and let's say they have tutors, would we have to change many of the articles?
    Technically we already should change some of the older articles as many are outdated. I'm thinking of setting up a POTW workshop where people can edit older ones. Reno agreed to do it after a year and its been a year, plus Reno is gone now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Technically we already should change some of the older articles as many are outdated. I'm thinking of setting up a POTW workshop where people can edit older ones. Reno agreed to do it after a year and its been a year, plus Reno is gone now anyway.
    That would be good. I can imagine if pokemon weren't confined to certain weeks, people would enjoy it more and the readers would get more out of it.

Also, maybe the pokemon are announced a bit earlier? This gives people a bit more time to work on sets.

And by 'not full coverage' I mean that you don't have the sets. Some people can't do EVs properly, and it can all get a bit messy. But I know you're rushed bh, so maybe pre evelution corner should be written by someone else. Trouble is finding someone good at LC and OU (some pre evos can be viable in OU) who is reliable enough to write them.
    Last edited by Barbeller; 27th February 2012 at 4:11 PM.

Actually I have started doing the sets. Roserade had full set listings for its pre-evolutions. I play enough LC to BS out sets. Even so Big Beluga said he may start doing some which would be nice because I think LC is a stupid tier.

lol why does everyone think I'm overworked. Its called being lazy.

I'm doing pre evolution corner for every Pokemon that evolves.

Can I just say that as some of the PotWs are out of date, I feel that leaving them until B2W2 are out is the more prudent course of action, so we don't have to redo them twice

Seriously? No mention whatsoever of Super Fang + Brine on Huntail's page?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by jespoke View Post
    I agree that i missed some of the pokemon i would like covered last gen, but wouldn't it sound weard with "The 2 pokemons of the week"? Then it would even need an name change + it would bring extra work for reno.
    Yes, but Pokemon is both plural and singular, so it could stay "Pokemon of the Week" and still be correct. Its not like a different title is used when they have multiple Pokemon of the Week anyways, why would they start now?

Could there be the possibility of adding a section for illegal Move/Ability combos? For example:

PotW Hydreigon
    (New Section) Illegal Movesets:
    -Earth Power, Head Smash, or Astonish + Any other Egg Move (list of the other Egg Moves)
    -Assurance + Any other Egg Move except Dark Pulse (put the reason for the exception, in this case Gen 4 Pokemon's Egg Move (Seviper's Assurance) + Gen 4 TM Move (Dark Pulse))

-OR-

Mamoswine
    Illegal Movesets:
    -Thick Fat + Egg Moves (only released as a Male Event Pokemon)

...what do you think?
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Seriously? No mention whatsoever of Super Fang + Brine on Huntail's page?
    No because its bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Could there be the possibility of adding a section for illegal Move/Ability combos? For example:

PotW Hydreigon
    (New Section) Illegal Movesets:
    -Earth Power, Head Smash, or Astonish + Any other Egg Move (list of the other Egg Moves)
    -Assurance + Any other Egg Move except Dark Pulse (put the reason for the exception, in this case Gen 4 Pokemon's Egg Move (Seviper's Assurance) + Gen 4 TM Move (Dark Pulse))

-OR-

Mamoswine
    Illegal Movesets:
    -Thick Fat + Egg Moves (only released as a Male Event Pokemon)

...what do you think?
    Maybe. I'll check with Serebii since its an interesting idea. I already mention the important illegal combinations but I'm not sure if anyone really cares if Astonish is usable with other egg moves.

Maybe. I'll check with Serebii since its an interesting idea. I already mention the important illegal combinations but I'm not sure if anyone really cares if Astonish is usable with other egg moves.
    Again, just an example. I threw it in there just because it was illegal with every other Egg Move Hydreigon has. The point wasn't that anyone would use Astonish on it at all, just that it's there in Illegal Movesets for completion's sake.

Thanks, though. Many thanks.
    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

so a competitive team only has four Pokémon? because going from Pokémon of the week they have one of the choice items or life orb or they are not valid and competitive play.

I say we put an offense of normal type in the spotlight. Proygon Z maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    so a competitive team only has four Pokémon? because going from Pokémon of the week they have one of the choice items or life orb or they are not valid and competitive play.
    Huh? What do you want me to do, explain the endless merits of Thrash Persim Berry Eelectross? POTW is about the best sets a Pokemon can viably run. Sorry to say but most Pokemon find a choice item, Life Orb, or Leftovers most useful in the item slot. SOME Pokemon make better use of Focus Sash, Expert Belt, Lum Berry, Sitrus Berry, Chesto Berry and so on but the recent POTW have been offensive in nature.

OK sorry I tend to overeat to minor stuff. But POW is more or less. All I know about competitive play, I personally don't like to choice items. And held items I feel especially clueless about.

Also, sorry about the offenses normal type idea . I didn't see SNORLAX?!?! How the dub did I miss my favorite Pokémon?

Life orb is better than choice band in most cased, but scarf is a must for my team when I need a reliable revenge killer .

(Read this somewhere, thank you for an inspiration random poster)
    I think they said something about rotating tiers every week, so It could be new or different. Why not change the regions every week? That could be interesting.
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

OK, what? No pre-evolution corner for Tangela? That thing is awesome with an Eviolite!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    OK, what? No pre-evolution corner for Tangela? That thing is awesome with an Eviolite!
    We always do pre-evo corner these days. Did so with this too

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    We always do pre-evo corner these days. Did so with this too
    Huh. Must've missed it.

What I didn't miss was this week's pre-evolution corner. Why was Combee made out to seem like a complete and total joke when I posted a perfectly viable set for a level 100 Combee in the thread? Level 1 defeats the purpose of the whole thing- Combee takes a hit, activates the sash, 1 HP, uses Tailwind. Next turn, Combee outspeeds thanks to Tailwind and the Speed EVs and uses Endeavor, which allows a user of Flame Charge such as Chandelure to set up.

And why Roost instead of Heal Order? Vespiquen is so slow that the loss of the Flying type for defensive purposes is negligible.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Pigjet? that's what we get for Mothers day?

Once BW2 come out, pokemon could potentially gain new tutor moves or maybe even DW abilities that would make them competitively viable, so would it be possible to throw new sets in to past PotW features?

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Once BW2 come out, pokemon could potentially gain new tutor moves or maybe even DW abilities that would make them competitively viable, so would it be possible to throw new sets in to past PotW features?
    Once a POTW has been posted it doesn't really get edited. These Pokemon might get a completely new POTW next gen but there will most likely be no editing now.
    My Shinies:

My Black Team:

We tend to include their Hidden Abilities even if they're not yet viable anyway

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast