Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 522

Thread: Regarding our selection process

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Leon View Post
    even though i am new, i completly agree with bald wombat
    i believe your correct in this case,because i for one would like to see more info and stradegy's being posted each week.i also think with enough ev training and knowledge you can win a battle with even the least likely of pokemon
    Last edited by jp123; 11th July 2011 at 9:46 PM.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    <
    Posts
    337

    Default

    I think they should select Pokemons that have obtained something interesting in this generation, such as new movepools, new DW abilities, or interesting movesets.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    the better the is pokemon through-and-through,the faster info is posted about it
    pokemon black FC:2021-9041-8026

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Candyshop
    Posts
    0

    Default

    My take is this, just don't do them on things like you did on Wishcash, a pokemon that sucks in almost every way possible, do good pokemon like cover the new Speed Boosted Blazekin, or some Ubers like Zekrom, but what I don't want is something I will never use like leavanny. More like a Metagross, or Mew, or even a fan favorite for a longtime, Charizard. Heck even do Celebi because it's the mascot! Just not the useless crappy ones that I will never use or consider using.

  5. #255

    Default

    I have a suggestion.


    Thanks to the new item eviolite, certain Pre-evo's are more common.

    Could you guys possibly give some of the pre-evo's their own article, instead of just being mentioned in the Pre-evo section? (like you did with Pikachu in 4th Gen, and Tyrouge in 3rd gen.)
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2mzz2h1.png[/IMG]
    Pokemon Black FC: 1764 - 3901 - 4182



    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

  6. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
    My take is this, just don't do them on things like you did on Wishcash, a pokemon that sucks in almost every way possible, do good pokemon like cover the new Speed Boosted Blazekin, or some Ubers like Zekrom, but what I don't want is something I will never use like leavanny. More like a Metagross, or Mew, or even a fan favorite for a longtime, Charizard. Heck even do Celebi because it's the mascot! Just not the useless crappy ones that I will never use or consider using.
    Dude, don't act like that.
    The world doesn't revolve around you.
    and Frankly, I LIKED the fact that Whiscash got a mention.
    Just because YOU don'ty like something, doesn't mean someone else did.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2mzz2h1.png[/IMG]
    Pokemon Black FC: 1764 - 3901 - 4182



    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prankstar 73 View Post
    I have a suggestion.


    Thanks to the new item eviolite, certain Pre-evo's are more common.

    Could you guys possibly give some of the pre-evo's their own article, instead of just being mentioned in the Pre-evo section? (like you did with Pikachu in 4th Gen, and Tyrouge in 3rd gen.)
    Na. Rest assured though, there are some substantial Pre-Evolution Corners coming, some will be the size of articles themselves

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    I'm guessing Porygon2 (when/if it's done) is going to get a major pre-evo corner?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    4,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
    My take is this, just don't do them on things like you did on Wishcash, a pokemon that sucks in almost every way possible, do good pokemon like cover the new Speed Boosted Blazekin, or some Ubers like Zekrom, but what I don't want is something I will never use like leavanny. More like a Metagross, or Mew, or even a fan favorite for a longtime, Charizard. Heck even do Celebi because it's the mascot! Just not the useless crappy ones that I will never use or consider using.
    Yeah, you know not everybody likes the same Pokemon as you. I love Leavanny.

    And I think you should read the thread.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ehm... Were I am?
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Yeah, you know not everybody likes the same Pokemon as you. I love Leavanny.

    And I think you should read the thread.
    I was also glad when they made leavanny!
    I want them to make accelgor. And its pre-evo + evioloite + recover and giga drain= is and idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    You're not bringing people with poor grammar to concentration camps and gassing them, are you?


        Spoiler:- Misc. Pokemon things:

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    See, this is the logic I see a lot of players have. No, having Chlorophyll does not give Leavanny a "niche". A niche refers to how something makes a living in its own way. How this species can out compete other similar species and survive. The Elephant gets by by being damn near impossible to kill without a pack of starving lions. Humans are the top predator on the planet due to our brains, despite our bodies being comparably frail. In nature some shitty animals like rabbits that aren't very good at much can get by if they have a ton of children, or band together in packs.

    But this isn't nature, its Pokemon battling. Leavanny's "niche" as a sun sweeper is outclassed almost 100% by every other Pokemon that fills a similar "niche". Sawsbuck, Venusaur, Shiftry, Victreebel, Lilligant etc. What does Leavanny do that these Pokemon can't? Baton Passing Claw Sharpens? STAB Bug? Being "different" does not make something usable.

    Don't get me wrong. You have the freedom to use whatever you want. But no matter what not "all" Pokemon have a niche. Some downright suck. If you use them capitalize on their strong points; but don't fool yourself into thinking they are the best at it. ^_^
    Sorry for a past post, but doesn't Leavanny have a niche as a Chlorophyll dual screener?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Look... When a pokemon is OU, all you ever talk about is amazing stats amazing move pool amazing coverage blah blah blah When a Pokemon is UU/RU/NU all you ever say is that it has bad stats, bad movepool, tons of counters. I'd like to see smogan say something positive about UU or RU pokemon-especially those underated such as Archeops, Emboar, Eelektross etc. Ther is no pokemon out of the 659 that you can say nothing good about or nothing bad about. And I don't see why everybody is so pissed off if they do Swolot. Its a great pokemon. Any pokemon is great if used properly. In other words, I don't see the point in tiers

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Look... When a pokemon is OU, all you ever talk about is amazing stats amazing move pool amazing coverage blah blah blah When a Pokemon is UU/RU/NU all you ever say is that it has bad stats, bad movepool, tons of counters. I'd like to see smogan say something positive about UU or RU pokemon-especially those underated such as Archeops, Emboar, Eelektross etc. Ther is no pokemon out of the 659 that you can say nothing good about or nothing bad about. And I don't see why everybody is so pissed off if they do Swolot. Its a great pokemon. Any pokemon is great if used properly. In other words, I don't see the point in tiers
    If there were no tiers, UU/RU/NU would have to deal with Ubers (Kyogre and Scarf Reshiram come to mind)


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Look... When a pokemon is OU, all you ever talk about is amazing stats amazing move pool amazing coverage blah blah blah When a Pokemon is UU/RU/NU all you ever say is that it has bad stats, bad movepool, tons of counters. I'd like to see smogan say something positive about UU or RU pokemon-especially those underated such as Archeops, Emboar, Eelektross etc. Ther is no pokemon out of the 659 that you can say nothing good about or nothing bad about. And I don't see why everybody is so pissed off if they do Swolot. Its a great pokemon. Any pokemon is great if used properly. In other words, I don't see the point in tiers
    That's not true! First off, the say good things about uU pokemon, generally something like it's useful in UU or a beast in UU. Check 4th gen kabutops. I agree to a degree, with the tiers thing though because when an uber slips out... It goes UU (mew) because it couldn't find a niche in the fifth her ration OU metagame.if some ubers were slowly removed form uber and brought to OUthe tier would adapt, and they would be UU. However it's best to leave them uber becuase the UU tier once had a metagame too but now it's just broken pokemon that don't fit in OU

  15. #265
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    If PotW is designed to teach new players we should absolutely focus on OU Pokemon. A new player won't gain anything from reading about Leavanny but they might benefit from learning about Garchomp or Salamence.
    May I ask why the PotW only focuses on one tier and should completely ignore the other tiers? I'm fairly certain any new player would benefit from learning about Leavanny, since OU isn't the only usable tier.


  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    375

    Default

    A Pokemon's "niche" will change between generations as newer Pokemon, items, moves, and abilities come to play. There have been a handful of Pokemon that have swapped tiers EVERY generation! Marowak yeah, I know... is one of those Pokemon, but his "niche" can take down TONS of Pokes. Rampardos' "niche" is similar. Despite great Attack and acceptable movepool, the Speed stat renders the two... slow. That's why they're common on Trick-Room teams! Their overall build benifits most in Trick Room. Tiers are the same deal. If stats, movepool, or another contributing factor, decreases their ability to make other Pokemon faint, they aren't used as much.

    I'm back, baby.

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    where do you think i live
    Posts
    127

    Default dragonite for pokemon of the week

    i think the best pokemon is dragonite for the fact that it can learn multiple moves that can protect it from ice types. it also can know multiple HMs which help the player with pokemon selection when it comes to choosing what your team is going to be and which one should know what moves. its overall a powerful pokemon and is one of the best of the dragon types that are in the game. if it was anybetter it would be a legendary
    DRAGONITE
    Dream team:     Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rjmtxt.png[/IMG]    Spoiler:- click it..if you dare:

    (if you are some of the people who want a game where YOU get to choose YOUR own destiny and can make YOUR own decisions, then add this to YOUR signature)....started by me but you dont have to put my name down if you dont wanna

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    There's not enough pokemon that are ubers. What about the lati twins,Victini and Mew?

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Candyshop
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prankstar 73 View Post
    Dude, don't act like that.
    The world doesn't revolve around you.
    and Frankly, I LIKED the fact that Whiscash got a mention.
    Just because YOU don'ty like something, doesn't mean someone else did.
    Well look at it this way, did POTW Wishcash benifit you in ANY way? All I'm looking for is more pokemon that will be seen in the metagame.

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    Can the next POTW be Lapras ? With its Dream World Hydration and bulkiness, I think it can rock this generation. Imagine the combo of Dragon Dance + Hydration + Rest + Rain.
    that sounds a lot like whiscash

  21. #271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Look... When a pokemon is OU, all you ever talk about is amazing stats amazing move pool amazing coverage blah blah blah When a Pokemon is UU/RU/NU all you ever say is that it has bad stats, bad movepool, tons of counters. I'd like to see smogan say something positive about UU or RU pokemon-especially those underated such as Archeops, Emboar, Eelektross etc. Ther is no pokemon out of the 659 that you can say nothing good about or nothing bad about. And I don't see why everybody is so pissed off if they do Swolot. Its a great pokemon. Any pokemon is great if used properly. In other words, I don't see the point in tiers
    no

    OU, UU, RU, NU, **** it, it doesn't matter. Ignore the tierings for a second, since that's what you seem to have an issue with, and consider this. Some Pokemon are better than others. Simple fact. Do some underrated NU Pokemon like Archeops and Emboar, who basically suck have some niches? Yes, I suppose they do, but it doesn't matter if those niche roles are completely outclassed by other stuff. Why use Emboar as a lategame sweeper when you can use Infernape, who requires less support? Why use Archeops when you can use Landlos, who's only got slightly worse stats and doesn't crumple into a useless piece of trash after switching in on Stealth Rocks twice?

    It's better to focus on the good Pokemon because they have more options, better options, aren't outclassed by every other thing, and generally are just, well, better. Not saying that there aren't great utility Pokemon that are in UU right now -- Gastrodon, Mew, and Quagsire, for example, and I'd be fine with one of those as a POTW, but having something like Leavanny which no sane good player would use outside of a gimmick team in OU is just useless in comparison to having a POTW of something that's used a lot and considered a for a ton of stuff.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    By the way, is it a coincidence that Tyranitar, Salamence, and Garchomp all came out as the first few POTWs? (And Machamp, who was also kinda a big boss in 4th Gen)
    (besides machamp)well there all pseudo legendaries. and i think they wer ethe first choices last gen.(dont no if metagross was first

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceydude168 View Post
    Hm... there are several NU Pokemon I would like to see done, namely Liepard and Ninjask (Ninjask is NU in Pokemon Online Beta server). Also, Octillery is so great as a booster / boost-receiver, as the boosts can't be roared away. That would be great too.
    i think goodmoves for ninjask would be protect,substitude/endure,baton pass and u turn.idk,btu it be perfect if u want yur other pokrmon to have the speed boost ninjask gets,idk anything for it ofenseively

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    I wonder how Blaziken's POTW would be done... Since I don't see any use for him in Ubers.

    And yeah, Base Stats would be nice too...
    then again it has speed boost

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Magic Guard bounces back Rapid Spin and Status moves I believe.
    And I think Defiant is not self inflicted Stat drops.
    i thought magic bounce bounces stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Because Porygon 2 and Porygon Z both have so different uses, maybe have two separate POTW articles for them.
    yeah yur right.pz is offensive and p2 is defensive

  23. #273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    no

    OU, UU, RU, NU, **** it, it doesn't matter. Ignore the tierings for a second, since that's what you seem to have an issue with, and consider this. Some Pokemon are better than others. Simple fact. Do some underrated NU Pokemon like Archeops and Emboar, who basically suck have some niches? Yes, I suppose they do, but it doesn't matter if those niche roles are completely outclassed by other stuff. Why use Emboar as a lategame sweeper when you can use Infernape, who requires less support? Why use Archeops when you can use Landlos, who's only got slightly worse stats and doesn't crumple into a useless piece of trash after switching in on Stealth Rocks twice?

    It's better to focus on the good Pokemon because they have more options, better options, aren't outclassed by every other thing, and generally are just, well, better. Not saying that there aren't great utility Pokemon that are in UU right now -- Gastrodon, Mew, and Quagsire, for example, and I'd be fine with one of those as a POTW, but having something like Leavanny which no sane good player would use outside of a gimmick team in OU is just useless in comparison to having a POTW of something that's used a lot and considered a for a ton of stuff.
    Why would using leavanny make you a bad player? I can go and make a team with all the best OU pokemon and claim im good because i can beat you with good pokemon. But if i can beat your team of OU pokemon with my team of NU pokemon that you say "suck" then i think im the better player.

    And on a side note... its never bad to learn more about UU and NU pokemon. think of it this way, you are learning what to expect when you see that pokemon. Since when is it bad to know something about the pokemon you are facing?
    You cannont handle the steels!

  24. #274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecannon521 View Post
    Why would using leavanny make you a bad player? I can go and make a team with all the best OU pokemon and claim im good because i can beat you with good pokemon. But if i can beat your team of OU pokemon with my team of NU pokemon that you say "suck" then i think im the better player.
    Not really -- there are too many factors attributing to what makes a "good player", so to speak, and assembling a good team is undeniably one of them. If you've got a team with something on it that's clearly outclassed by something else, then you're not assembling the best available team, and thus you're not playing at your best level.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    no

    OU, UU, RU, NU, **** it, it doesn't matter. Ignore the tierings for a second, since that's what you seem to have an issue with, and consider this. Some Pokemon are better than others. Simple fact. Do some underrated NU Pokemon like Archeops and Emboar, who basically suck have some niches? Yes, I suppose they do, but it doesn't matter if those niche roles are completely outclassed by other stuff. Why use Emboar as a lategame sweeper when you can use Infernape, who requires less support? Why use Archeops when you can use Landlos, who's only got slightly worse stats and doesn't crumple into a useless piece of trash after switching in on Stealth Rocks twice?

    It's better to focus on the good Pokemon because they have more options, better options, aren't outclassed by every other thing, and generally are just, well, better. Not saying that there aren't great utility Pokemon that are in UU right now -- Gastrodon, Mew, and Quagsire, for example, and I'd be fine with one of those as a POTW, but having something like Leavanny which no sane good player would use outside of a gimmick team in OU is just useless in comparison to having a POTW of something that's used a lot and considered a for a ton of stuff.


    What do you mean that having Leavanny makes you a bad trainer?! Just because a pokemon is UU doesn't mean that it can't be defeated by a UU/RU/NU!



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •