Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 522

Thread: Regarding our selection process

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    no

    OU, UU, RU, NU, **** it, it doesn't matter. Ignore the tierings for a second, since that's what you seem to have an issue with, and consider this. Some Pokemon are better than others. Simple fact. Do some underrated NU Pokemon like Archeops and Emboar, who basically suck have some niches? Yes, I suppose they do, but it doesn't matter if those niche roles are completely outclassed by other stuff. Why use Emboar as a lategame sweeper when you can use Infernape, who requires less support? Why use Archeops when you can use Landlos, who's only got slightly worse stats and doesn't crumple into a useless piece of trash after switching in on Stealth Rocks twice?

    It's better to focus on the good Pokemon because they have more options, better options, aren't outclassed by every other thing, and generally are just, well, better. Not saying that there aren't great utility Pokemon that are in UU right now -- Gastrodon, Mew, and Quagsire, for example, and I'd be fine with one of those as a POTW, but having something like Leavanny which no sane good player would use outside of a gimmick team in OU is just useless in comparison to having a POTW of something that's used a lot and considered a for a ton of stuff.
    Not having a team of OU pokemon that are "better than UU and RU" doesn't mean that you're a bad trainer. Tiers mean nothing because Pokemon from RU/UU can pwn pokemon from OU and even from ubers



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Not having a team of OU pokemon that are "better than UU and RU" doesn't mean that you're a bad trainer. Tiers mean nothing because Pokemon from RU/UU can pwn pokemon from OU and even from ubers
    In Gen 4 Ubers, Ariados could beat Deoxys leads. Quagsire could beat choiced Kyogre. Were Ariados and Quagsire outclassed in what they did? No they weren't. But does that mean every single pokemon can have its own unique niche in every single tier? No it doesn't. For example, Whiscash, Lapras, and Kingdra are all decent Dragon Dancers. But do you know what? They're completely outclassed by a superior Dragon Dancer, Gyarados. It's not opinion, it's just fact, and if you can't handle it, you shouldn't be playing competitive pokemon.
    Last edited by Cometk; 18th July 2011 at 9:37 PM.

  3. #278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Not having a team of OU pokemon that are "better than UU and RU" doesn't mean that you're a bad trainer. Tiers mean nothing because Pokemon from RU/UU can pwn pokemon from OU and even from ubers
    You should change that line about tiers being unreasonable in your sig, it makes you look like a bit of a fool, jsyk.

    Anyways, basically seconding what comet said....and you're skating over the point. Using something from UU or RU doesn't make you better in any way, and it arguably makes you worse if you're using something that's outclassed. Why would I use, idk, DD Kingler when I have the much better option in DD Gyarados? Why would I use Ampharos when I have a much better option in Thunderous? Why would I use Emboar when I have Infernape or Victini?

    Get it? If something has a niche that only it fills, it's fine. But if it's a job that other Pokemon outclass it at, there's no reason to use it instead of the other Pokemon, and doing so shows awful teambuilding skills.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    [QUOTE=Cometk;13006758]In Gen 4 Ubers, Ariados could beat Deoxys leads. Quagsire could beat choiced Kyogre. Were Ariados and Quagsire outclassed in what they did? No they weren't. But does that mean every single pokemon can have its own unique niche in every single tier? No it doesn't. For example, Whiscash, Lapras, and Kingdra are all decent Dragon Dancers. But do you know what? They're completely outclassed by a superior Dragon Dancer, Gyarados. It's not opinion, it's just fact, and if you can't handle it, you shouldn't be playing competitive pokemon.[/QUOTE



    Gyarados may be better but not ALL THE TIME



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Gyarados may be better but not ALL THE TIME
    Stop posting.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    You should change that line about tiers being unreasonable in your sig, it makes you look like a bit of a fool, jsyk.

    Anyways, basically seconding what comet said....and you're skating over the point. Using something from UU or RU doesn't make you better in any way, and it arguably makes you worse if you're using something that's outclassed. Why would I use, idk, DD Kingler when I have the much better option in DD Gyarados? Why would I use Ampharos when I have a much better option in Thunderous? Why would I use Emboar when I have Infernape or Victini?

    Get it? If something has a niche that only it fills, it's fine. But if it's a job that other Pokemon outclass it at, there's no reason to use it instead of the other Pokemon, and doing so shows awful teambuilding skills.
    My point is that using a Thunderous over an Ampharos DOESN'T make you a better trainer. The best trainer is the one that can beat any team using any pokemon-not the trainer that can pwn UUs with OUs And that line in my signature is my honest opinion. If you don't like it, then don't read it.



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    Stop posting.
    Why should I



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Why should I
    Because all of your posts are crap, you clearly don't understand how tiers work, etc.

    lol@thinking originality makes one a better player

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orange harvest View Post
    Because all of your posts are crap, you clearly don't understand how tiers work, etc.

    lol@thinking originality makes one a better player
    I understand how tiers work, I just don't agree AT ALL!



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    I understand how tiers work, I just don't agree AT ALL!
    No you don't, I've seen some of your posts out of this thread. You clearly had no idea how tiers work before like 5 people just explained it to you, and you're still not willing to believe them.

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    I understand how tiers work, I just don't agree AT ALL!
    If you don't agree, then you clearly don't understand.

    Take me, for example. Yes, I may have a few disagreements with the placements of certain Pokémon on Smogon's tier lists, that maybe some Pokémon have been banned without looking at all the options and that some rarely used (NOT the tier, just in a general sense) Pokémon could be used more to take on certain, more dangerous Pokémon, but that doesn't mean I disagree with the tier list as a concept. It's the best thing we have, really.

    Besides, this is the wrong place to have this conversation.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orange harvest View Post
    No you don't, I've seen some of your posts out of this thread. You clearly had no idea how tiers work before like 5 people just explained it to you, and you're still not willing to believe them.
    I know why tiers exsist. Its just that a lot of pokemon don't belong in UU/RU/NU. Smogan sucks



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    I know why tiers exsist. Its just that a lot of pokemon don't belong in UU/RU/NU. Smogan sucks
    If you don't believe a certain Pokémon should be in a certain tier, then go online and convince loads people to use that Pokémon, for that is the ONLY WAY for a Pokémon to change between UU/RU/NU.

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Why don't you tell me who the head of smogan is. I have loads of complaints



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Gawd, at least spell Smogon right.

    I'm not saying that you don't know why tiers exist, I'm saying that you have no idea how tiers work and how they're made. You seem to think that "smogon" so to speak, just randomly picks a pokemon and decides that they don't like it and chucks it in NU. Fun fact, the tiers aren't made up by this enormous collective force known as smogon, but rather the couple dozen players good enough to ladder to whatever the voting rights are (not that hard at all to do) and vote on the suspect. If you're going to ***** so much about it, you may as well go and ladder for suspect rights at least, lol.
    Last edited by orange harvest; 18th July 2011 at 10:03 PM.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Why don't you tell me who the head of smogan is



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=27854

    He's the acting head of smogon, this guy Reyscarface. Direct all your complaints to him and user Folgorio.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orange harvest View Post
    Gawd, at least spell Smogon right.

    I'm not saying that you don't know why tiers exist, I'm saying that you have no idea how tiers work and how they're made. You seem to think that "smogon" so to speak, just randomly picks a pokemon and decides that they don't like it and chucks it in NU. Fun fact, the tiers aren't made up by this enormous collective force known as smogon, but rather the couple dozen players good enough to ladder to whatever the voting rights are (not that hard at all to do) and vote on the suspect. If you're going to ***** so much about it, you may as well go and ladder for suspect rights at least, lol.

    And just so you know, the "head of smogon" would probably be chaos, who's been completely inactive since like '08, and hell I don't even think that he ever handled the tiering process.

    But this is dumb, you're not going to listen, you're just going to keep *****ing about smogon..lol
    Smogan DOES randomly pick pokemon and chuck them into UU/RU/NU Explain why the Lati twins aren't uber! Why is Mew UU?! WHy is volcanera OU-it should be UU! Why is Eelektross UU? Why is Emboar UU? Why is Sepiorior RU? Why is Archeops RU? I could list a bucnh more!



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    I understand how tiers work, I just don't agree AT ALL!
    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Smogan DOES randomly pick pokemon and chuck them into UU/RU/NU Explain why the Lati twins aren't uber! Why is Mew UU?! WHy is volcanera OU-it should be UU! Why is Eelektross UU? Why is Emboar UU? Why is Sepiorior RU? Why is Archeops RU? I could list a bucnh more!
    The lati twins aren't uber because they have several hard counters in OU and aren't overpowered.
    Mew is UU because it wasn't used enough in OU for it to fall there. It may end up in BL at some point in the future if it proves overpowered for UU.
    Volcarona is OU because it's used to much to be UU.
    Elektross is UU because it isn't used enough to fall into OU and isn't broken in UU and thus isn't BL.
    Emboar is UU because Emboar sucks.
    Serperior is RU because Serperior sucks until DW Serperior is released.
    Archeops is RU because it's niche is small enough that hardly anyone uses it...

    Like I said, direct all complaints to user Reyscarface.

    http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=27854

    or, if he doesn't respond, user Aeroblacktyl

    http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=299

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    the lati twins should be able to use soul dew if their in OU-why ban the item but not the pokemon?
    Mew should be at least OU because of its awesome movepool-its stats aren't bad
    Volcanera may be used a lot but has 4 times weakness to rock and stealth rocks
    Eelektross has a amount huge power
    Emboar most certainaly does not suck
    Sepiorior is an utter beast with contary
    Also explain victini whose v-create has 180 power

    Smogan may say that they're based on usage but if nobody used rayquaza would it make it NU? Of course not! Would it make magicarp uber if everyon used it? NO!
    Last edited by emboarrocks; 18th July 2011 at 10:27 PM.



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Read what I'm saying you fool.

    OK, first off, you clearly don't understand that Smogon's tier list is for standard play, not DW play...which means that it's only for the released Dreamworld Pokemon, not unreleased stuff like Serperior, and Soul Dew is unreleased in BW.

    Your spelling and grammar are horrible.

    You still fail to understand that the tiers are based upon usage stats.

    If you want to continue this conversation, continue it in VMs rather than cluttering up this thread, and direct all of your complaints to smogon users Reyscarface and Aeroblacktyl

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Well... looks like that went well.

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Why should I care if I'm cluttering up this thread? I hate smogan. Also, smogan claims that "Their based on usage stats" but why should I beleive that. Like I said-if everyone used magicarp, it wouldn't be uber. if nobody used rayquaza, it wouldn't become NU



    .




    Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

    Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Why should I care if I'm cluttering up this thread? I hate smogan.
    Guess what. We're not Smogon. Take your spam elsewhere.

  25. #300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    <
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    the lati twins should be able to use soul dew if their in OU-why ban the item but not the pokemon?
    Mew should be at least OU because of its awesome movepool-its stats aren't bad
    Volcanera may be used a lot but has 4 times weakness to rock and stealth rocks
    Eelektross has a amount huge power
    Emboar most certainaly does not suck
    Sepiorior is an utter beast with contary
    Also explain victini whose v-create has 180 power

    Smogan may say that they're based on usage but if nobody used rayquaza would it make it NU? Of course not! Would it make magicarp uber if everyon used it? NO!
    1. Soul Dew is banned in 5th gen since it cannot be obtained in-game or by event...yet.
    2. Mew has good stats and the ability to learn almost anything, but other pokemons doing the same job outclass it.
    3. I know you like Emboar, but who cares. He still is outclased by Infernape and Blaziken (wich is now Uber).
    4. DW Serperior hasn't been released yet.
    5. Victini, still is UU. The only good thing about it is V-Create but Victini isn't that good.

    Well.. I think you didn't read the first post, also this is serebii not smogon. Go to smogon forums and complain there.
    Last edited by Farfan; 11th September 2011 at 7:13 PM.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •