Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our selection process

I have only been Using serebii (Website) For 2 Years Now and I LOVE The POTW The Insights are Helpful and I love It. As For the Topic I agree with Serebii and That We shouldnt have Voting. It keeps The Essence of surprise And That is What I love. Oh and Serebii you May need To change The Names in the POTW, Mainly Roobushin to his New Name. Just sayin'
    Pokemon Black and Pokemon White
    Soon To be Released
    Im Awesome And I Rule
    My ideal Team (Before B/W):

Problem?

Put This in Your sig if you Only use smogon For tiers and You use Serebii for everything Else (Started By ToxinTheGreat)

Why not just put all the names we could theoretically use into random.com or something, and each time one is selected, take it out of the pool. That way, we completely take out human error/preference, and if we have luvdisc, then unown, then some other crap pokemon all in a row, no one could complain, really.
    It would also mean that it was always a surprise. However, I don't know how much work that would be for Reno.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

That's just like the random number generator...
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

I think we should do smegrle as it is awsome and can learn any move
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

I don't believe that is on topic... we're talking about HOW to choose, not WHO to choose...

Anyhow, the combining pokemon idea is good. It would save time. Like, people not on the forum are like "Who's next?" And it's like "Unown" and they're like "Oh... so nothing".
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

We're not going to COMBINE entries at all. That would be horrible

combining entries would lead to complaining that the pokemon didn't get its own review, not to mention a much much longer article considering it'd be joint.

serebii and I have worked out an interesting idea though, and that'll likely happen at some point. I don't know if he wants to spoil it, so I won't say anything more. it's cool though.

I've been reading this website for several years (reading POTW since back in 3rd generation), but this is my first post. I want to thank the folks that have been providing the POTW updates. I have utilized several of them when personalizing and creating my individuals pokemon.

The only comment that I have to present is a thanks for 'Machamp'. I was waiting and waiting for that one in the 4th generation and it never came before 5th generation updates started. So the only recommendation that I would have is that if a random pokemon wasn't chosen, a pokemon that wasn't featured in the 4th generation be chosen over ones that were chosen in the POTW feature.

Again, thanks.

i still think we should cut the random for one week and do smegrle

I don't believe that is on topic... we're talking about HOW to choose, not WHO to choose...
    anyway i am dyslexic (posible spelling error) and how/who have the same 3 letters!
    Last edited by garchompkid; 8th February 2011 at 8:34 PM.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

I agree in this point. I also think we should try to cover pokemon who were not covered in the 4th generation. Venasaur, Arcticuno, Swalot, Tentacruel, Uxie, Breloom, and Hitmonlee come to mind. I have a lv. 100 bulbasaur, so I've been looking for a good moveset for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    I agree in this point. I also think we should try to cover pokemon who were not covered in the 4th generation. Venasaur, Arcticuno, Swalot, Tentacruel, Uxie, Breloom, and Hitmonlee come to mind. I have a lv. 100 bulbasaur, so I've been looking for a good moveset for it.
    i must agree the last time some of these were covered was 2004!

Thanks garchompkid. I forgot omastar, gorebyess, Regirock, Latias, and Mightyena. Just in case anyone in the POTW collaberation team is listing.(hint hint)
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    Thanks garchompkid. I forgot omastar, gorebyess, Regirock, Latias, and Mightyena. Just in case anyone in the POTW collaberation team is listing.(hint hint)
    yes i agree, plus they should do a different type every week and different tiers

I was wondering if (I know it's a random selection)but if there could be a few more Generation V Pokemon?

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

5th gen pokemon will get done when they are actually picked.

I suppose.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

The RNG seems to be pretty fair: There have been
    1 first gen poke
    2 second gen pokes
    1 third gen poke
    1 fourth gen poke
    and 1 fifth gen poke
    so far (the first six)

Half of them have been pseudolegendaries, but I'm not complaining.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

We haven't kicked into the random generator yet to be fair That starts March 20th

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    I was wondering if (I know it's a random selection)but if there could be a few more Generation V Pokemon?
    The thing is, while yes I appreciate you want more Gen V strategies, we have to spread this out over the 4 years that this generation will last. If we do all 82 competitively viable Gen Vs now (albeit taking a year and a half), it'd mean we don't have much new for the other 2 and a half years.

Rest assured, the RNG has spat out a good portion of Gen Vs in the ones decided between now and the end of July

I jus thought of this, but will pokemon be re-featured if they get huge revamps as the generation goes on? I was dissapointed that Scizor did not get a post-Platinum feature (it got so much). In particular, I am thinking of Kyurem (he has two unreleased moves and a potential alternate forme in the third Gen V game).
    What're you lookin' at soldier? DROP AND GIVE ME 645!!!

DO THEM RIGHT OR FACE THE WRATH OF MA' SAND FORCE!!!

--Landorus Boot Camp Motto

It's probable that we wont redo them due to time, but if Reno wants to go back and add things to them, I'm happy to facilitate that

i know you haven't used it yet but you should use the RNG as OU and Uber pokemon are getting boring
    Last edited by garchompkid; 17th February 2011 at 7:45 PM.

Would I be asking too much if I asked for a direct link to the pokédex page in the first post of the week's potw discussion thread, and perhaps in the POtW feature as well? Nobody wants to go to the pokedex and try to find the pokemon, and it wouldn't be too hard to do.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

yeah i think thats a good idea

Couldn't find somewhere else to put this, so I'll just say POtW #7 has incorrectly stated Shell Break is -2 on Defense and Sp. Defense. it's -1. This has been thoroughly confirmed by Smogon multiple times, so probably change it if possible. Also seconding the idea of the RNG for the next POtW, unless you're doing Emboar and Samurott. it'd be cool to have an Unfezant or Leavanny analysis!
    .[IMG][/IMG] Altaria can be just as useful as Salamence. Illumise has no less right to a team than Snorlax. Shedinja can make it like Blissey. Swoobat can be better than Haxorus. Anything is possible, so think outside the PC Box! It's not like there are ninjas kidnapping you and forcing you to use CB Scizor!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaria Mist View Post
    Couldn't find somewhere else to put this, so I'll just say POtW #7 has incorrectly stated Shell Break is -2 on Defense and Sp. Defense. it's -1. This has been thoroughly confirmed by Smogon multiple times, so probably change it if possible. Also seconding the idea of the RNG for the next POtW, unless you're doing Emboar and Samurott. it'd be cool to have an Unfezant or Leavanny analysis!
    Seconding the fact that it's -1 to both stats, not -2.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast