Thread: p-o wifi UU is dumb

Angry p-o wifi UU is dumb

like... it's really dumb

peaked #2 at 1355 in about a day. lost 3 times i think? maybe 4. or maybe even 5! not much though.

basically it's 1/2 heavy offence, 1/2 wall-ish stuff. i don't think it's nearly as good as it could be, but... it wins

hide (Zuruzukin) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Earthquake Spiral
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch

i normally don't lead with this unless i see my opponent is particularly weak to it, then i usually 5 or 6-0 them. it is stupidly good. basic concept: DD once, kill something, ATTACK BOOSTS FOREVER. saving this till late game when most mons are on low-ish health works wonders as its ability boosts its attack to ridiculous levels.

this also works in OU too! keep it until late game, send it out and laugh as people send their gliscors in on it.

this will probably be banned

nail (Snorlax) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 176 Atk / 96 Def / 236 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Body Slam
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

uh this was staraptor but i wanted something that could take electric / grass special hits reasonably well and i didn't want to use dickass Chansey. so here is Snorlax. it counters stuff like Yanmega and paralyzes. i don't think it's really that good though, i've debated changing it to Rhyperior so i can get another normal but also a flying resist. rhyp would also mean i don't have to play around offencive Arcanines which i have a very hard time with otherwise.

then again, this thing can sorta handle Shaymin so i dunno.

this should probably have return

thaw (Suicune) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf

calm mind is for losers. it toxics stuff and doesn't die. forces pretty much every single wall out even without calm mind, also puts a lot of pressure on life orb users. i am not really sure why i have so much special attack i just took this from my OU team. i think it was to OHKO dory. so i could probably run 252 252 bold but whatever, it hurts more stuff on the switch.

this will also probably be banned

love (Shinboraa) (M) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 SDef / 100 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Cosmic Power
    - Assist Power
    - Roost
    - Psycho Shift

come in on walls, cosmic power up, burn anything remotely threatening... yeah. this... isn't as effective as i would have thought unfortunately, the vulture thing and Spiritomb (with rest) can taunt it and stall it all day. at the moment i'm keeping it around because it's a fighting resist. suggestions welcome! (THOUGH IT'S NOT LIKE ANYBODY RATES MY TEAMS)

i don't really know what's going on with the EVs

gash (Aianto) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Hustle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Iron Head
    - Shadow Claw

uhhh 712 attack without boosting yeah sign me up

it just hits so hard. 3hkos intimidate Hitmontop with iron head i think. also 3hkos Donphan. ridiculous. stone edge and shadow claw are kinda just... there, i don't really use them that often, stone edge is useful for killing the vulture but the accuracy is ***. wish this thing got a fighting move other than ROCK SMASH. i guess shadow claw is for Rotom?

flow (Tangrowth) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regeneration
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Knock Off
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain

lives forever. i could count how many times this thing has died on one hand. takes 40% from LO Terakion's CC and taking into account leftovers and regen it heals that amount upon switching out. 404 HP / 383 Def means it beats 95% of physical sweepers one on one (the 5% is Arcanine and Hihidaruma). sleep is also extremely valuable, allowing me to incapacitate anything i like. usually once i sleep something i'll go to Aianto and immediately threaten them to make sure it switches out and stays asleep for most of the match.

i SUPPOSE i could use evo stone tangela but i don't even know if it's bulkier and don't really care, tangrowth has more SAtk anyway so.

THAT IS MY TEAM. RATE AWAY, FRIENDS. i have a lot of trouble with Staraptor and Arcanine so a way to fix that would be helpful.

Last edited by :wub:disc; 31st January 2011 at 1:46 AM.
    <-----

176 Attack / 96 Defense / 236 Special Defense on Snorlax takes hits marginally better than your spread though the difference is so small maxing HP is probably better so you can take on Seismic Toss Chansey, not that you 2HKO it. Have you ever faced down a Seismic Toss user, even once with Snorlax? If no use my spread, if yes yours is fine. Its a difference of about 0.3% so... not important.

To help with Arcanine you can just run Bold max/max on Suicune. This will avoid a 2HKO from Arcanine's 90 base power electric move even if its Adamant with Life Orb. It will also survive two Reckless (thats his ability now right?) Brave Birds from Scarf Staraptor which I guess is somewhat better than the 2HKO you take now. I'm not sure what Staraptors are being used but unless it runs CB or LO (it kills itself) you should do fine.

Err.. thats all I got. Sorry I can't help more, I rarely played UU in 4th gen and never played it in 5th. Good luck.

flow (Tangrowth) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regeneration
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Power Whip
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder
    - Knock Off

people stopped using this set, and idk why. Sure, your not getting much offensive power, but that's not tangrowths point. It's defenses should be used to full extreme
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

if i see dusclops or chansey i just go to suicune and toxic them and force them out so i don't see any problem with your spread and the less HP shaymin regains from leech seed the better. you are right about the suicune spread too so i'm changing that.

upon checking, only 1056 people have even played in the tier so i don't think i will get many rates... gonna post this on p-o's forums and see how it goes. thanks though.

edit: oh i got another rate. i considered power whip but giga drain means it lives even longer. i kinda forgot about knock off, thanks for reminding me, it's probably better than HP ice, not like gligar can touch this team.
    Last edited by :wub:disc; 31st January 2011 at 1:45 AM.
    <-----

lol, PO closed your thread.

Any reason Surf > Boil Over on Suicune? I mean are there any particular KOs you miss. Boil Over has the potential to completely douche over Feraligator and this thing. I guess you run the risk of burning Chansey / Recover Milotic but you beat them anyway.

I guess you can run Rotom W over Suicune running the same set. It will take on Arcanine and Staraptor a lot better due to typing but its also much weaker. Its probably not worth it since you take Arcanine fine and Staraptor isn't very common (that and I'm sure you can work around it)

apparently you need to give people an easy way to steal your team or otherwise you're not allowed to post it

i don't like burning stuff that would die to toxic anyway. feraligatr loses to toxic unless it's sub dd, then it probably loses to tangrowth. virizion is either CM so there's no point in burning it instead of toxicing it or it's SD so it has difficulty getting past tangrowth, i don't really care if it's burned or not

i think i overreacted with the arcanine / staraptor weak, i just badly lost to both of them in a couple of batles once. i don't think they're that common in the first place so i don't really give a **** about them anymore. plus the bulkier cune will probably consistently screw them over.
    <-----

ahaha. Their RMT section is terrible, even worse than Serebii's (well at OU anyway). Still they probably have the only RMT services on the web with any real 5th gen UU experience.

Have you thought about maxing speed on Shinpora? In doing so you lose around 17% initial special durability but it lets you outrun stuff like Nidoking, Lucario, Arcanine, Kyuremu and offensive Suicune so you can get another Cosmic Power or burn them. Getting another Cosmic Power against something like Arcanine or Nidoking is the difference between being 2HKOed or 3HKOed.

i've definitely thought about maxing its speed as getting outrun by a bunch of stupid **** is not uncommon, and even with the SDef EVs it's not the bulkiest thing ever before getting a cosmic power in. i generally switch it in on walls that can't really do much in the first place anyway. will probably change that.

as a bonus, here is a demonstration on how to NOT use the team, as shown by master team thief chimichonga. could not stop laughing.
    Last edited by :wub:disc; 31st January 2011 at 11:39 AM.
    <-----

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Still they probably have the only RMT services on the web with any real 5th gen UU experience.
    5th Gen "UU". This tier is rubbish.

Over shinborra, I guess you could have a defensive latias/latios (apparently they are UU) and just take down threats with psycho shock and the can wish pass, etc.
    Last edited by calze6; 1st February 2011 at 9:41 AM.
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

Quote Originally Posted by calze6 View Post
    5th Gen "UU". This tier is rubbish.
    shh.

Over shinborra, I guess you could have a defensive latias/latios (apparently they are UU) and just take down threats with psycho shock and the can wish pass, etc.
    Latios is OU and Latias is banned from UU.

Edit: Thunder Fang over Stone Edge on ant. For reasons I posted at PO.

Oh, missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by :wub:disc View Post
    as a bonus, here is a demonstration on how to NOT use the team, as shown by master team thief chimichonga. could not stop laughing.
    Glad to see good players making use of PO's importables huh?

i think tangrowth should have some sp def evs beause the stat is so weak
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!