I hope we will see Dawn again, the best character so far
There are no more specials announced. It seem to be a oneshot thing.
I hope these specials air in the dub since I missed seeing them when they came out.
DP ended back in September in Japan, so the longer we go away from that, the less relevant Dawn and even the DP series in general becomes. I could see her getting a bit of focus if R/S remakes ever happen, but even then they might just advertise R/S in the BW series like they did with HGSS last saga, and not focus on any in-Hoenn adventures.
One reason why I enjoyed Dawn's special more than Brock's was because Brock has had alot of specials between him and his family with always trying to save that gym. As for seeing them both, I really don't want to think about it anymore. I'm just getting pretty tired of the same stuff over and over.
My ideal battle ever!
Nice seeing Dawn go on another journey, especially with her whole team. Certainly be interested in seeing what she catches in Hoen when they decide to have her guest appear in Best Wishes. Also cool seeing a Shiny Ariados.
My Grandmother always said...
"She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"
Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill
I loved this episode, I find it funny how she scanned Quilava when she saw Ash`s Quilava not too long ago.
Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie
This episode was very vanilla. I wish they'd of done something different/more original.
Quilava evolving from cyndaquil was the part of the episode that saved it for me.
I always enjoy seeing Dawn's Togekiss, that was a good addition to her team.
I hope her team changes next time we see her, cut the fat(figure of speech), *coughcough* Pachirisu.
Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 17th August 2011 at 6:09 AM.
Pachirisu is fat? Could have fooled me.
Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!
Is this airing in the US?
When does/did it air? VM the answer
I enjoyed seeing all of her Poke's again! Cyndaquil evolving and the shiny Ariados made the episode for me!!
Currently writing: The Missing Link!
Why are people making a huge deal about this particular special episode? We've seen specials before and we've seen Brock and his unrealiable family mess up before. Why such the big deal?
My ideal battle ever!
I just watched this and Brock's special today and I liked them both, but it makes me miss Dawn and Brock. And seriously when is the dub gonna air? It's been over a year since the original episodes aired.
Dawn's special was nice. It would have been cool if Dawn started her journey with Cinco and Barry to give her her own group since she had the Pokemon and the experience now but I guess the writers won't do anything that great.
All in all it was a very interesting episode.
Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.
Felt really good to see "new" episodes on Hikari and Takeshi two years after their departures. I finally got to see them after so long, I think that's what really made them more enjoyable for me. Seeing them after a 100 episodes of BW has more of an impact than seeing them after 25 episodes of BW.
Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!
- Hinoarashi's evolution scene, it looked pretty nice. Not to mention the Pokemon itself is pretty cute and seeing it evolve into a Magmarashi and wield that badass new Eruption was golden and made me smile.
- Gotta love that music, remixed in fact. Really liked hearing Saikyou Everyday, By Your Side~Hikari's Theme, and Kimi Mune Lalala. Hikari's Theme playing during Hinoarashi's evolution was icing.
- The Contest Battle at the beginning was pretty okay, I loved the reference to the Grand Festival with Ayako's Nyarumaa using Slap Hands to nullify Hydro Pump.
- That different-colored Ariados was actually a bit of a highlight, being able to use a dynamic move like Psychic too. I agree with Iteru though it would have been a bit more realistic for Magmarashi to counter it with Extrasensory than just having the sheer strength to fend it off. I'm suppose to believe Mammoo can't break free of that move but Magmarashi can?
- They kinda overdid it with the episode rehashes, while I was okay with the Slap Hands scene the Ariados encounter and Pokemon escaping from the lab scenes seemed kinda overdone.
- The constant Pochama and Hinoarashi scraps got tedious and I'm glad Magmarashi matured upon evolving and stopped that.
- I realize they just appeared to appear, but I didn't care about the rest of Hikari's team. It reminded me how stagnating Mimirol, Pachirisu, and Pochama were.(At least in terms of maturity, Pochama has been the same since day one) Togekiss was just kinda...there, shame since the Pokemon itself is cool.
- Shinko was bland, her catchphrase and quirk with the notepad got annoying.
- I'm so tired of Speed Star, Bubblebeam, and Shadow Ball.
*Overall, I think to really appreciate this episode, like someone else said you really have to be a big fan of Hikari.
I’d choose you. In a hundred lifetimes,
in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality,
I’d find you and I’d C H O O S E Y O U!
This episode is similar to how Hikari started the journey but with a different trainer. Both Hikozaru and Pochama left out of the forest and then caught by an Ariados. But this time Hikozaru got stuck into the web as well. Luckily the new trainer did not choose the Pokémon at the time or otherwise it would just be a copy of Hikari. Hope to see more development of Hikari in the future contest.
I just re-watched this episode after about 2 years or so, it really is a great episode. The bgm in this were amazing especially the variations of Dawn's theme By Your Side and the symphonic medley version of the Greatest Everyday opening at the end. The battles were well done too. The part where Cyndaquil evolves until Quilava and uses Eruption on the Ariados was probably my favorite part of the episode. It's good to know that Dawn decided to go to Hoenn with all of her Pokemon, though I wish they would have covered how she was doing in Hoenn when she returned in BW, maybe something about that might happen for ORAS promotion in XY? I also still hope that they dub this episode. I rate it 10/10
Predicting it: Emily Jenness aka Emily Bauer would be at the PKMN dubbing studio after the XY, her first role since the end of BW is said to be ready for this, Then, Tom Wayland would say Go! and dubs after the script translator, would be aired in between the Gen VII series and XY finale.
Last edited by jskylinegtr; 12th May 2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Incomplete