Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dawn's New Journey! (DPSP1)

They could have done many interesting things, like have Ambipom appear or even one of Dawn's rivals show up again.

Instead its just same old Ariados attacks, a rehash of Ash's Cynda evolving, and a filler girl with a Chimchar.

When I had first heard that Dawn's Cyndaquil was evolving, it kinda annoyed me that we had to wait 10 years for Ash's Cyndaquil, the one who did a Hell of a lot more and got much more character development than Dawn's did in the region it didn't evolve than Dawn's did in Sinnoh while Dawn's is around for not even 2 years and has evolved, but I got over that. But why did it have to learn Eruption upon evolving? Of all the fire moves it could learn, why the exact same move Ash's learned upon evolving, stealing even more of it's thunder. The writers proved they could give a girl the same pokemon as Ash while giving it a diverse move set from Ash's with May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle so why couldn't they do it with Dawn's Quilava? Not a single move it knows Ash's Quilava doesn't.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Dawn's Cynda never really had much of a distinct personality anyway. It was always a rehash of Ash's, the only difference is it had no trouble getting its flame lit.

Also why did she check its data on her Pokedex? It can't of been much more than a week since she saw Ash's Quilava. Sure Ash was the one looking at it's data in the Pokedex but what exactly is hers going to say that his didn't considering the only difference between the two is that hers in pink?

That... was seriously a waste.

I wonder how many people actually watched the episode instead of regurgitating what others said and merely looking at screencaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I wonder how many people actually watched the episode instead of regurgitating what others said and merely looking at screencaps?
    How many of the people defending the episode are the more vocal members of Dawn's fanbase? We've got you and the guy who thinks Dawn is a princess, not the best defence.

i havnt read none of this thread -main reason--- i cant find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------

When every life meets another life....something will be born----....
    ...... connectoin!!
    Allright, I GOT MY Spike-shell Badge BADGE!!!
    Shipping's i love:
    Poke Ikari Contest and Oldrival
    YouTube-Main Youtube-AMV
    Facebook
    Fanfictoin
    my fc for pokemon black: 0218 0023 3033 SLR(girlsign)

PM me first

Was a Ok episode~ was happy to see Hikari finally going on a Journey i hope she does well!
    Known as Satoshisgirl on DA http://satoshisgirl.deviantart.com/
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/23l1ehd.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Known as the Crazy Ash Satoshi Lover ~~Loves Pokemon, Manga and all things Anime~
    ~Cafemochashipping Ash x Dento & Ikarishipping Dawn x Paul Shipper <3
    AshEmishipping = Ash x Me
    <3 Owner of the Cafemochashipping Club version 2 ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    How many of the people defending the episode are the more vocal members of Dawn's fanbase? We've got you and the guy who thinks Dawn is a princess, not the best defence.
    That's not any different from someone defending why they like pokemon and they are old enough to go potty on their own.

Anyway, I bet the people who said the episode was okay also didn't see it. For some reason the previous channels to watch recently aired episodes have all been wiped clean of the special. I'm sensing a conspiracy of sorts.

The plot just wasn't very good. They rehashed DP 1, a copy of Ash's Cynda evolving, and another generic and short Dawn Vs. Johanna battle.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The plot just wasn't very good. They rehashed DP 1, a copy of Ash's Cynda evolving, and another generic and short Dawn Vs. Johanna battle.
    - Yes, but with multiple Ariados and the shiny one who knew a psychic attack.
    - The evolution was awesome, your fault that you didn't like it.
    - Dawn almost won, and we got to see a new appeal.
    - Each member of her team got to participate in the battle.
    - Dawn is motivated again to start traveling.

So yeah, you can't state that that something wasn't good for a fact when the episode had many great points as stated above. Imo, the Brock episode was far worser. :|

The problem is this Dawn special didn't do anything that couldn't have been done in DP191. It seemed like these were the last few bits the writers forgot to do in that ep.

Chop out the filler girl plot, and they could have had this brief Dawn/Johanna battle in DP191 with Cynda evolving, and her saying she was going to Hoenn.

After watching this episode,my thoughts on it are so-so.It had some good moments but it wasnt particulary great not being one of my favorites.We get to see Dawn questioning herself which pokemon to take with her on next journey with most episode focusing on that girl with conflict with Ariados being created as set up for Cyndaquil evolving which is a plus in my book liking that DAwns team got more muscle into it in for of Quilava.

Overall i give this episode 6.5 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    If so I hope we get specials about May and Max next. I'd like to see the Johto Grand Festival and what Max is doing now that he isn't travelling. It'd be nice to see a special for Misty and Tracey again too but May and Max should have priority.
    Agreed,it would be nice to get more of specials,especially for some older characters like Misty who hasnt been seen for ages with there being left unfinished things in her story potentially getting follow up like goal which is going nowhere at this point or opportunity to find out more about her past and character.

However May definitely deserves special aswell considering she never got any being nice to see how her journey in Johto left,what happened at GF and where she may headed to next,.
    About Max,sure i would like to see him again he isnt really on my list of priorities.
    In any case characters have more than enough potential to allow for specials to be a hit.

I think its laughable that people think we're going to get specials of Dawn in Hoenn when there's really no purpose. Her story is done.
    Not really,true some parts of her story were closed but there are still left unfnished things going for character like her dream of becoming top coordinator like her mother is with new journey opening whole new window of opportunities potentially introducing new subplots about caracter following up on it.

This special was just extension of Dawns adventures not giving closure to anything really.

Some people didn't like it. GET OVER IT. Stop acting like people can't disagree. I saw it and didn't like it. I have to agree with the point that Cybercubed made. The evolution was ok, nothing special compared to past evolutions. It was really lackluster.It wasn't horrible, but not great. I would say it was ok.

To be honest it felt like the writers only gave Dawn a special because they were giving Brock one, and obviously if Brock was getting one it would be odd not to give Dawn any.

To be honest it felt like the writers only gave Dawn a special because they were giving Brock one, and obviously if Brock was getting one it would be odd not to give Dawn any.
    These looked like throwaway episodes they rushed while doing the last DP episode or first BW episodes. The only real significance is that Dawn traveled to Hoenn with her pokemon.

It also means, if people are expecting specials for other characters then they are dreaming. With the effort they put on these two, they wouldn't care 2 beans for even older characters like May or Misty.
    Last edited by Teshub; 4th February 2011 at 4:51 PM.

These looked like throwaway episodes they rushed while doing the last DP episode or first BW episodes. The only real significance is that Dawn traveled to Hoenn with her pokemon.
    Considering the Brock one used one of the series best animators and writers, they at least put effort into one of them.

Probably because Brock's VA has 13 year seniority with the series, so he deserved a sendoff for all the work he did for the show.

Wow, look at that, a lot of people don't understand the real point of the episode. The point of this episode was to show how much Dawn has grown. They recycled the Ariados thing to show that Dawn has changed from what she used to be back in DP1. So yeah, naturally it is going to feel recycled, but that's not the point of the episode.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Wow, look at that, a lot of people don't understand the real point of the episode. The point of this episode was to show how much Dawn has grown. They recycled the Ariados thing to show that Dawn has changed from what she used to be back in DP1. So yeah, naturally it is going to feel recycled, but that's not the point of the episode.
    I got the point. It was still boring though. They are other ways to show character development.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    That's what the GF finale was for.

Considering the Brock one used one of the series best animators and writers, they at least put effort into one of them.

Probably because Brock's VA has 13 year seniority with the series, so he deserved a sendoff for all the work he did for the show.
    The Brock episode was even more pointless than the Dawn one. They still didn't put that much importance into it.

Also the best writers/animators were working on DP191 and BW01/02. Also from the fact there was no real connection with the Buneary photoshoot tells me the Dawn episode was probably written before the final DP episode. Kind of like, just finish this "extra" quickly while we put more attention to the more important DP finale.

That's what the GF finale was for.

The Brock episode was even more pointless than the Dawn one. They still didn't put that much importance into it.

Also the best writers/animators were working on DP191 and BW01/02. Also from the fact there was no real connection with the Buneary photoshoot tells me the Dawn episode was probably written before the final DP episode. Kind of like, just finish this "extra" quickly while we put more attention to the more important DP finale.
    Yes but this episode shows how she can handle the situation now that she has been through her journey.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

It also means, if people are expecting specials for other characters then they are dreaming. With the effort they put on these two, they wouldn't care 2 beans for even older characters like May or Misty.
    To be fair purpose behind this special was to set up Dawn for her next journey so in reality its not we could expect something especially spectacular when whole episode centered around Dawn deciding to what region she will head and what pokemon she will take with her on next journey.

Episode as a whole was ok for what it did,getting some good things out of it like CYndaquil evolving and showing how far as characte DAwn come by now compared to her beginning days.

Brocks special was though i agree with Cyber better imo,and speaking of future specials we cant know how much of effort writers would put into them foir other characters in case if being made(which i doubt).Going by first set of chronicles some episodes were meh,but on other hand some were great.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    and speaking of future specials we cant know how much of effort writers would put into them foir other characters in case if being made(which i doubt).Going by first set of chronicles some episodes were meh,but on other hand some were great.
    You need to stop living in the past. Whatever the now ancient chronicles were like, it has no relevance to the present. Going by the recent specials the writers won't waste time with old characters anymore.

You need to stop living in the past. Whatever the now ancient chronicles were like, it has no relevance to the present. Going by the recent specials the writers won't waste time with old characters anymore.
    Basing things on past events trying to make some pattern out of it isnt the best way to go,with witers often breaking them following different direction.Past two specials cant be taken as indicator for anything really.,

Speaking of Dawn and Brock special,its all matter of opinion really.Some people actually liked them.

Also like i said i doubt there will be more specials but posibillity of it cant be completely excluded.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast