Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dawn's New Journey! (DPSP1)

The Brock special was definitely better than this boring predictable and horrible special, what a lackluster episode, they should have done better.

this was just a borefest, at least Cynda evolved. and Dawn is going to the holy land of Hoenn, other than that, this was mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    The Brock special was definitely better than this boring predictable and horrible special, what a lackluster episode, they should have done better.

this was just a borefest, at least Cynda evolved. and Dawn is going to the holy land of Hoenn, other than that, this was mediocre.
    That kind of honesty should also translate to Best Wishes. Several of their episodes were real yawners too.

So Dawn is going to Hoenn. Feels like a rse remake in the future soon. I wasn't expecting much anyway from this special (I had hoped for some kind of sign of Ambipom existing, but nope)
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

I still don't understand why these didn't count as DP192 & 193, but were labeled as specials.

i agree with rickhoenn this episode wasnt terrible but wasn't really great brocks was a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    I still don't understand why these didn't count as DP192 & 193, but were labeled as specials.
    Because they are specials. You might as well ask why the original Brock returning to the Gym special and Misty's first special weren't Johto episodes either since they were pretty much the exact same set up of showing what Ash's companions did after splitting up with Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Because they are specials. You might as well ask why the original Brock returning to the Gym special and Misty's first special weren't Johto episodes either since they were pretty much the exact same set up of showing what Ash's companions did after splitting up with Ash.
    Well, these had everything that regular DP episodes had. Even the same opening and ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    That kind of honesty should also translate to Best Wishes. Several of their episodes were real yawners too.
    Being 100% honest the only yawner I found so far in Best Wishes is BW8 darumakka episode I only saw it once, FOR ME the rest of the episodes have been really great (I didn't like that much the plot in BW12 but the episode was alright).

This is my opinion of the episode. to me it was just Dawn finalizing her decisions. she mentioned in DP191 wanting to go to another region and even considered going back to Kanto with Ash and Brock up until that whole offer with Buneary came up. Here she finalized going to another region by saying she wanted to go to Hoenn but with that decision came another problem which was which pokemon she want to take but then finalized that decision by taking them all. Honestly i don't think her Cyndaquil's evolution was pointless due to Ash's Cyndaquil evolving although i do agree that they could have gave her Quilava another attack besides Eruption. There is a very big difference between Ash's Cyndaquil and her's that i found doesn't make it a copy.

-Ash's Cyndaquil throughout the Jhoto region already had plenty of personality and it was able to hold it's own in battle so maybe at the time they figured it was nothing else they could do with it if they made it evolve. The only reason it evolved in the first place was out of FEAR of being captured by TR.

-Dawn's Cyndaquil on the other hand was very young due to being hatched from an egg. It didn't really have any battle experience and Dawn only used it in the appeal round of contests, (i could be wrong), i quess because since it was so young she didn't want to use it in battles. Cyndaquil always has to fight for her attention (with Piplup). So this evolution was just so Cyndaquil can get Dawn's attention and prove itself to her showing that it is strong can it can be a good battler which is exactly what it did.

so i don't think this evolution was pointless although like i said before they could have gave it a different attack.

did any of you actiually watch the episode? If so, i'd love to know where.

(Just for the record, I'm not reading any of this discussion based on screencaps and summaries since it'll ruin the ep)
    Last edited by Blazicken; 4th February 2011 at 6:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazicken View Post
    did any of you actiually watch the episode? If so, i'd love to know where.
    I can honestly say I did not, I am waiting to see it to give my own opinion on it.

So far Im only observing the opinions of others who say saw them, allegedly. They are saying both specials were failures because they didn't really concentrate on their perspective goals (being a doctor or contests/pokestylist). Instead they were mostly based on rehash storylines about choosing a starter or taking care of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Well, these had everything that regular DP episodes had. Even the same opening and ending.
    No they didn't. They both missed a very important thing that seperates a regular episode from a special episode. Ash Ketchum. If Ash is not there it is a special episode, not a regular one.

No I haven't yet. I'm getting pretty worried I won't ever get a chance to, but eh.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

The real reason I want to see the episodes is because there might be some coded hints about what will happen in the future. But things like that go over peoples head especially when they already made it up their minds the episode sucks and saw it from a crap Keyhole stream.

Will Dawn come to Unova to see Ash just like Misty and May did.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsam View Post
    Isshu isn't around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsam View Post
    If she does it won't be for quite a while. May and Misty's visits to Sinnoh and Hoenn were quite a bit into the series, especially May's.

Though I can't find the episode, I think Dawn going to Hoenn is amazing. Being a Ruby Sapphire kid, it just looks like another hint toward a remake!

where can i find this stupid episodes '' jeez
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Wow, look at that, a lot of people don't understand the real point of the episode. The point of this episode was to show how much Dawn has grown.
    Dawn hasn't grown at all. Her personality is exactly the same now as it was in DP1.

The only thing that changed about her is her skill in Contests, but personality wise she's the same stagnant character she always was.

This is probably why a lot of people didn't care for the character, she showed no personality growth or change whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dawn hasn't grown at all. Her personality is exactly the same now as it was in DP1.

The only thing that changed about her is her skill in Contests, but personality wise she's the same stagnant character she always was.

This is probably why a lot of people didn't care for the character, she showed no personality growth or change whatsoever.
    Uh, speaking of character development - Dawn got the most of that, from all the other girls. Also, a lot of people loved Dawn, the fact you dislike her doesn't count as if a lot of people hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I get the feeling you've never watched DP. Dawn went through tremendous growth. She started out as a overly confident girl who secretly was actually scared (hence the whole "no need to worry" "but that's when I worry the most") she had the confidence knocked out of her and she was on the verge of quitting. But later she found the confidence and was able to prove to her mother that she was a strong girl and there really is no need to worry. I suggest you go back and watch DP if you think Dawn hasn't changed. And if you think that, well, take a look at May.

EDIT: Finally saw this episode! To be honest, I really enjoyed it, the scenes, the combinations, the music. It was great. I don't mind them throwing in Ariados every so often, as long as its different. And besides, I don't see what the big deal is with repeating things in episodes, we sat through 13 years of watching Team Rocket getting blasted off in pretty much every episode. Having Ariados attack Dawn every so often should be such a big deal. And the whole Piplup and Chimchar thing was fine too, it was different from last time. I loved this epiosde, its probably because I'm a fan of Dawn, but it showed me how much she has developed and I'm glad they gave her Cyndaquil/Quilava a good personality, it seemed with the 2 main cast Cyndaquil's that they didn't have much of a personality, even with the short lived Piplup Vs Cyndaquil rivalry which I'm glad they brought back. Cannot wait for the dub verison!

Also, seeing as these 2 episodes used the opening and ending of DP, shouldn't they technically be DP192 and DP193?
    Last edited by KingMinun; 5th February 2011 at 1:42 PM.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I finally got a chance to view this episode. The color on that shiny Ariados was really cool. I think Dawn decided to bring all of her Pokemon with her to Hoenn. I can't understand much Japanese, but it did sound like that's what she decided. Even though it was very similar to the 1st DP episode, I found that other girl to be really funny, especially when she went histerical when Chimchar and Piplup escaped.

49/100
    Last edited by G50; 5th February 2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: mis-print

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I get the feeling you've never watched DP. Dawn went through tremendous growth. She started out as a overly confident girl who secretly was actually scared (hence the whole "no need to worry" "but that's when I worry the most") she had the confidence knocked out of her and she was on the verge of quitting. But later she found the confidence and was able to prove to her mother that she was a strong girl and there really is no need to worry. I suggest you go back and watch DP if you think Dawn hasn't changed. And if you think that, well, take a look at May.

EDIT: Finally saw this episode! To be honest, I really enjoyed it, the scenes, the combinations, the music. It was great. I don't mind them throwing in Ariados every so often, as long as its different. And besides, I don't see what the big deal is with repeating things in episodes, we sat through 13 years of watching Team Rocket getting blasted off in pretty much every episode. Having Ariados attack Dawn every so often should be such a big deal. And the whole Piplup and Chimchar thing was fine too, it was different from last time. I loved this epiosde, its probably because I'm a fan of Dawn, but it showed me how much she has developed and I'm glad they gave her Cyndaquil/Quilava a good personality, it seemed with the 2 main cast Cyndaquil's that they didn't have much of a personality, even with the short lived Piplup Vs Cyndaquil rivalry which I'm glad they brought back. Cannot wait for the dub verison!

Also, seeing as these 2 episodes used the opening and ending of DP, shouldn't they technically be DP192 and DP193?
    Don't let Cybercubed bug you, it's not worth the effort. He's really become Dawn troll ever since she was confirmed to get a special and has been trying to bring down her character in any and every way he can and secretly trying to get the Dawn haters to respond. I think deep down his inner May fanboy never healed from this wound. But I agree with you. To say Dawn hasn't changed at all you either didn't watch DP or hate Dawn enough you overlook it.

Hm... so the Dawn Special doesn't revolve around Pokemon Fashion at all?

Personally, I would've held off on Dawn until a Musicals arc in B/W proper and have her come in to be Cilan's costumer. But, meh.

On the plus side... those of you wanting her to have Treeco need to rethink that position, 'cause that's Max's starter.

Boy, would that Ralts be surprised to find its Max traveling with a girl. (Come on! You know it'll happen, even if it only happens off-screen.)

Anyway, yeah, I feel that the loss of the Pokemon Fashion Designer subplot was a bit of a waste. But, again, the ShowoffShippy! potential for Dawn and Max to share adventures partially mitigates that. The events of the episode itself... could've been done in either context (contest journey OR fashion internship).

Also, I'm calling this now: Look for Ash's Quilava to evolve into a Typhlosion by the end of, not the Unova tourney, but the one immediately thereafter. All we need is bacon boy to fully evolve and Ash could replace Blaine! (Not that he'd want to...)

Remarks about former party members not en-route to Hoenn are reserved for my post in Brock's Episode.
    Ash was 10 when he started and is still 10 today.

My boss was in college when Ash started and he's still in college today.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast