I hope we will see Dawn again, the best character so far
There are no more specials announced. It seem to be a oneshot thing.
DP ended back in September in Japan, so the longer we go away from that, the less relevant Dawn and even the DP series in general becomes. I could see her getting a bit of focus if R/S remakes ever happen, but even then they might just advertise R/S in the BW series like they did with HGSS last saga, and not focus on any in-Hoenn adventures.
One reason why I enjoyed Dawn's special more than Brock's was because Brock has had alot of specials between him and his family with always trying to save that gym. As for seeing them both, I really don't want to think about it anymore. I'm just getting pretty tired of the same stuff over and over.
Nice seeing Dawn go on another journey, especially with her whole team. Certainly be interested in seeing what she catches in Hoen when they decide to have her guest appear in Best Wishes. Also cool seeing a Shiny Ariados.
My Grandmother always said...
"She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"
Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
I loved this episode, I find it funny how she scanned Quilava when she saw Ash`s Quilava not too long ago.
Pokemon Black 2 Team:
This episode was very vanilla. I wish they'd of done something different/more original.
Quilava evolving from cyndaquil was the part of the episode that saved it for me.
I always enjoy seeing Dawn's Togekiss, that was a good addition to her team.
I hope her team changes next time we see her, cut the fat(figure of speech), *coughcough* Pachirisu.
Last edited by Handle Name: Ak-48; 17th August 2011 at 7:09 AM.
Pokemon Speculation thread members PLEASE READ: Spoiler:- open if you DARE:
Spoiler:- open if you DARE:
Pachirisu is fat? Could have fooled me.
Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!
Is this airing in the US?
When does/did it air? VM the answer
You have served me well.
I enjoyed seeing all of her Poke's again! Cyndaquil evolving and the shiny Ariados made the episode for me!!
Why are people making a huge deal about this particular special episode? We've seen specials before and we've seen Brock and his unrealiable family mess up before. Why such the big deal?
Dawn's special was nice. It would have been cool if Dawn started her journey with Cinco and Barry to give her her own group since she had the Pokemon and the experience now but I guess the writers won't do anything that great.
All in all it was a very interesting episode.
Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.
Felt really good to see "new" episodes on Hikari and Takeshi two years after their departures. I finally got to see them after so long, I think that's what really made them more enjoyable for me. Seeing them after a 100 episodes of BW has more of an impact than seeing them after 25 episodes of BW.
Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!
- Hinoarashi's evolution scene, it looked pretty nice. Not to mention the Pokemon itself is pretty cute and seeing it evolve into a Magmarashi and wield that badass new Eruption was golden and made me smile.
- Gotta love that music, remixed in fact. Really liked hearing Saikyou Everyday, By Your Side~Hikari's Theme, and Kimi Mune Lalala. Hikari's Theme playing during Hinoarashi's evolution was icing.
- The Contest Battle at the beginning was pretty okay, I loved the reference to the Grand Festival with Ayako's Nyarumaa using Slap Hands to nullify Hydro Pump.
- That different-colored Ariados was actually a bit of a highlight, being able to use a dynamic move like Psychic too. I agree with Iteru though it would have been a bit more realistic for Magmarashi to counter it with Extrasensory than just having the sheer strength to fend it off. I'm suppose to believe Mammoo can't break free of that move but Magmarashi can?
- They kinda overdid it with the episode rehashes, while I was okay with the Slap Hands scene the Ariados encounter and Pokemon escaping from the lab scenes seemed kinda overdone.
- The constant Pochama and Hinoarashi scraps got tedious and I'm glad Magmarashi matured upon evolving and stopped that.
- I realize they just appeared to appear, but I didn't care about the rest of Hikari's team. It reminded me how stagnating Mimirol, Pachirisu, and Pochama were.(At least in terms of maturity, Pochama has been the same since day one) Togekiss was just kinda...there, shame since the Pokemon itself is cool.
- Shinko was bland, her catchphrase and quirk with the notepad got annoying.
- I'm so tired of Speed Star, Bubblebeam, and Shadow Ball.
*Overall, I think to really appreciate this episode, like someone else said you really have to be a big fan of Hikari.