garchomp @ leftovers
    adamant (rough skin)
    EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 HP
    Attack:
    - substitute
    - dragon tail
    - EQ
    - fire blast/stone edge

Well, the tactic behind this moveset is to send it in against a pokemon which can't do much against garchomp. Therefore the opponent is forced to switch and you are able to substitute, making you able to either sweep the opponent or make it switch with dragon tail. Since there aren't alot of pokemon that are garchomp-counters you have a decent chance of making a new substitute again and doing some more damage.
    Leftovers makes you able to substitute more so that's always handy
    The last thing that I want to say, is that this moveset actually is only greater then the other movesets when you combine it with a nice entry hazard team.

Countering Garchomp:
    Garchomp could be an easy target or a terrible nightmare. Either way, you have to acknowledge his massive attack. Mainly, you should use an ice type. But fire fang will slow this down. Slaking or Medicham can pull off an ice punch as a formidable threat, but if you want STAB and a lot of power and speed, then a Weavile with ice punch or ice shard would go nicely. If you want to use a dragon type to take Garchomp down, I would recommend a Dragonite with Dragon Rush.

Magikarp Used Splash Attack!!!!!!

NOTICE:
    I WILL BE GONE FROM JUNE 16 TO AUGUST
    13. I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE AT ALL DURING
    THIS TIME.
        Spoiler:- Special thanx:

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile22 View Post
    Countering Garchomp:
    Garchomp could be an easy target or a terrible nightmare. Either way, you have to acknowledge his massive attack. Mainly, you should use an ice type. But fire fang will slow this down. Slaking or Medicham can pull off an ice punch as a formidable threat, but if you want STAB and a lot of power and speed, then a Weavile with ice punch or ice shard would go nicely. If you want to use a dragon type to take Garchomp down, I would recommend a Dragonite with Dragon Rush.
    Wouldn't outrage cause more pain from Dragonite?
    Also I don't think it could take a ice attack at all with that *4 weakness so anything faster than Garchomp with a strong ice attack could be a counter.
    Also burn could ruin Garchomp completely...
    Last edited by Dragrath; 6th February 2011 at 10:30 PM.
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Didn't see this set yet.
    Support Chomp @leftovers
    Jolly/Sand Veil or Rough Skin (preference)
    252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 6 Atk
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Swagger/Rest/Roar
    - Earthquake/ Dragon Claw

Chomp has an underrated HP stat as well with passable defenses with a decent support movepool. Rest is a viable option over swagger, but that only depends if you want to keep Chomp in the game. Personally, I think he's more of a throw away lead, who's useful in getting Stealth Rock fast and maybe annoy the other team a little bit. Toxic works best with Earthquake seeing as Earthquake covers Toxic resistors (+STAB) but beware balloons. Roar can also be replaced with Dragon tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    Wouldn't outrage cause more pain from Dragonite?
    Also I don't think it could take a ice attack at all with that *4 weakness so anything faster than Garchomp with a strong ice attack could be a counter.
    Also burn could ruin Garchomp completely...
    As in Ice Punch Weavile?
    But if a physical Ice attack hit Chomp, Rough Skin would destroy the attacker...
    and the burn thing is true...

And yes, that Boil Water is the biggest threat to Garchomp since... since Garchomp came along.

[QUOTE=Epicpip;11936718]And so, we come to Garchomp. I wonder if my friend is going to make an apperance?

Anyhow,

Choice-Chomp+T-Tar Partner
    Sand Veil
    Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    -Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail
    -Fire Fang
    -Aerial Ace
    -Brick Break
    Adamant, Jolly
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Hp

This G-chomp works with T-Tar. There's a fighting type? Either Dragon Tail or Aerial Ace. Fire Fang is nice for Ferrothorn. And the dragon move is your choice. If you want power, but less reliability, go for D-rush. Reliability and switch outs is D-tail. And D-claw is for if you don't want either D-tail or D-rush (but I don't see any reason to use it other than that). And Brick Break covers any Blissey that come your way.

Why Brick Break for blissey?
    With 10 Base defence you kill it with STAB EQ no?

Quote Originally Posted by MUSE+.+ View Post
    Anyhow,

Choice-Chomp+T-Tar Partner
    Sand Veil
    Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    -Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail
    -Fire Fang
    -Aerial Ace
    -Brick Break
    Adamant, Jolly
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Hp

This G-chomp works with T-Tar. There's a fighting type? Either Dragon Tail or Aerial Ace. Fire Fang is nice for Ferrothorn. And the dragon move is your choice. If you want power, but less reliability, go for D-rush. Reliability and switch outs is D-tail. And D-claw is for if you don't want either D-tail or D-rush (but I don't see any reason to use it other than that). And Brick Break covers any Blissey that come your way.

Why Brick Break for blissey?
    With 10 Base defence you kill it with STAB EQ no?
    You're SERIOUSLY running a Garchomp set without Earthquake or Outrage? That's suicide. And you contradicted yourself in there too.

Garchomp @ life orb/choice band
    jolly nature(+spd, -sp atk)
    EV's- 252 atk/252 spd/4 sp def
    Ability- sand veil
    Moves-
    outrage
    earthquake
    rock slide/brick break
    dragon claw/dual chop

Garchomp needs speed, as there are a lot of pokemon that are faster than it. outrage is a huge STAB move, and brick break or rock slide cover its horrible ice weakness. ive tested the dual chop and dragon claw, and the two moves have the same power when dual chop hits twice. with garchomp, super powerful STAB moves are important.

oh ****. here comes another super bowl for the steelers. again.do they have to win another one? why cant the broncos win one? why do they suck sooooo bad?
    Last edited by pikamanepicfail45; 6th February 2011 at 11:45 PM.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

(Super-Effective) Type Coverage Garchomp
    Aqua Tail
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Dragon Claw/Crunch/Stong Edge/Brick Break
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVS: 252ATK 252SPD 4HP/Def/SP.Def
    Item: Expert Belt/Fire Plate/Choice Scarf/Choice Band
    Reasoning: The auqa tail, earthquake, fire fang, and dragon claw combo scores super effective hits on around 68% of type combos . the Water Fire and ground type attacks are nessecarry to do this (Water covers ground fire rock types which is key). However, dragon type can be replaced by rock, dark, or fighting still keeping the super effective coverage around 68%. For this reason this set is ment to kill on the first turn, without having to use a swords dance (which would delay garchomp 1 turn). For the other 32% or so type combos, earthquake or dragon claw should score the nuetral hit. The best counters would be (most) water and fighting types, due to they are the only types that variation of set can not score supper effective hits on. almost all, full or part, Electric, bug, rock, poison, ground, grass, ice type pokemon, and all, part of full, fire steel and dragon type pokemon can be hit by a super effective move trough this set (most Dark, ghost, flying, normal, and phychic types can be hit depending of ur choice of move: dragon, fighting, dark or rock).
    Type Coverage gimmick set:
    Surf
    Dragon Pulse
    Flame Thrower
    Earth Power

EVS: 252SPATK 252 SPD
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Sand Vial/Rough Skin
    Last edited by twcopal; 10th February 2011 at 10:13 PM.

Sorry Garchomp had to get Physical with you!

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    Ability - Rough Skin
    EVs - 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature - Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Giga Impact
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Hone Claws

OMG, that was a terrible pun. But that's aside the point, EdgeQuake FTW! Hone Claws is a great move that helps you with Stone Edge and those battles that don't have evasion clause. EdgeQuake... 'nuff said. Giga Impact may leave you vulnerable, but if you can sweep, it's worth it. And besides, Rough Skin will hurt them if they attack you.

A Very Special Approach

Garchomp @ Leftovers/Choice Specs/Petaya Berry
    Ability - Rough Skin
    EVs - 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Nature - Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Surf
    - Toxic

I realize Garchomp is really bad with the Special Attack and Special Defense stats. It can't learn any moves that lowers a foe's SDef or raises its SAtk stat. So I had to go with this. Draco Meteor should only be used as a last resort, because it lowers SAtk. Fire Blast and Surf hits Skarmory and a fellow Garchomp. Toxic... well, it's Toxic! Wait long enough and it's a OHKO!

We Need More Defensiveness!

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    Ability - Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Nature - Impish (+Def, -SAtk) or Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    - Sandstorm
    - Captivate

Man, Garchomp's a great Pokemon, but it's moves fails horribly! This set centers around raising its Defenses. Captivate is really the only move I could find, and you have a 50/50 chance of that working. Sandstorm raises evasion with its ability, which makes Garchomp great with Tyranitar or Hippowdon. Return and Earthquake are just good moves.

~marioman223

Click 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile22 View Post
    Countering Garchomp:
    Just saying, Slaking is a pretty bad Pokemon that shouldn't be run, well, ever, and there's basically no reason to use Medicham what with all the new Fighting types like Roob.

In addition, Weavile's more of a check.

But, uh, some counters and checks and such:
    Skarmory can take on anything but chainchomp, even if it carries Fire Fang, especially since a significant of Skarmory are physically defensive now. Sets that lack Fire Fang/Blast are completely walled, and pure Spikes fodder.
    Bronzong is arguably the next best (or the single best) Garchomp counter in the game, absolutely absorbing basically anything other than like, +2 Fire Fangs. Zong can HP Ice or Gyro Ball Chomp for heavy damage, as well as set up easily against it.
    Balloon is worth a bit of a mention, since it significantly increases the list of stuff that can switch in on Garchomp. It also means that scarf and CB Chomp can't just spam Earthquake as easily as they used to be able to.
    Lati@s can both outspeed Garchomp with their solid base 110 speed stats and Latias can OHKO all non Haban sets, while a specs Draco Meteor from Latios does the same.
    Mamoswine can't switch in on anything, but can Ice Shard. Unfortunately Mamoswine sucks in this meta.

Uh, there's some other stuff, i'll edit this post when i have a bit more time.

edit: @the above post, asdgsahgajsdhgjsadgWHYGIGAIMPACT. Seriously, i break down in tears whenever i see that suggested.

Scarf-Chomp
    @Choice Scarf

-Dragon Claw|Draco Meteor
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast|Fire Fang
    -Stone Edge

Nature: Hasty or Naive
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Speed-126 Attack- 126 Sp. Attack- 4 HP (I hope my math is right)

I am a tad surprised that Draco Meteor has not gotten much mention. This is a straightforward setup. Dragon Claw or Draco Meteor get STAB, as does Earthquake. Fire Blast/Fang hits Steel Types that EQ does not hit as hard (or at all) like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, and Scizor. Stone Edge just has good type coverage.
    Last edited by Meowmeow; 6th February 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Here's an interesting Garchomp
    Dragon Tail @Power Band
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly/Impish/Careful
    Effect: Rough Skin
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -Dragon Tail
    -Earthquake/Fire Fang/Stone Edge
    I though of this set from out of nowhere and I though it can be effective. Substitute to pull off some Swords Dances and srves as a protection when using Dragon Tail since you always go last. If your not in a Substitute, Rough Skin can take care of some damage to the foe if touched. Dragon Tail hurts Dragons and may KO them with the help of Swords Dance, or switch them out. That's when Earthquake, Fire Fang or Stone Edge come in. They all provide coverage and STAB with Earthquake taking care of Steels and being awesome, Fire Fang for Ice coverage, Burn, or flinch, and Stone Edge for powerful coverage.
    Last edited by SazandoraMASTER; 7th February 2011 at 12:37 AM.

Here's my idea: A special set? Preposterous

Modest Nature@ Life Orb/Expert Belt/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

EV's: 252 Sp. Attack
    252 Speed
    4 HP
    Moves: Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Surf/Hidden Power Grass

This can be a good set it used correctly. Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor is one of your STAB moves. Run Dragon Pulse if you don't like the -2 Sp. Attack from Draco Meteor Or run Draco Meteor for raw power. Flamethrower is for reliability and Fire Blast is for Power. Both moves are mainly used for Scizor/ Forretress/ Ferrothorn/ Escavalier. Earth Power is your other STAB move, has good coverage, and has a possibility in lowering your opponent's Sp. Defense. Use Surf if you want to hit ground pokemon and Tyranitar for super effective damage or use HP Grass for those bulky water with Ice moves.

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

ha you guys don't care that the packerz r pwning da steelerz i was reel wrong 21-10
    also the special sets are kind of worthless because the the physical sets will always be overused. it's just like starmie using a physical set.
    Last edited by pikamanepicfail45; 7th February 2011 at 2:21 AM.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Default A good friend

To make Garchomp more beastly in non-sandstorm double teams, partner it up with a Liligant with Own Tempo. It can learn Make Friends and have Garchomp not get confused after an Outrage. Just in case that doesn't happen, give Garchomp a lum berry. But you MUST make sure you can counter ice types or other possible ice move carriers.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    okay, I'll include every single set everyone posts.

yeahno.

I can't include every single set. sweeping machamp doesn't work, and mixed sweeping machamp? maybe not.
    If you are quoting me, that were not my exact words! XP

The point is...well, a lot of Gen 4 Pokemon have lost their niches.

Oh well, um, Garchomp...eh?

Garchomp has received very little bonuses in Gen 5, aside from being promoted back to OU. It's still the same powerhouse as it always has been. It can utilize Aqua Tail and Fire attacks more efficiently yet mpre difficulty with the advent of Drizzle and Drought. All in all, its bonuses are Hone Claws and Rough Skin, and those are only very mild options. Dragon Tail is possible, but is better used by more defensively-oriented monsters.

****!!!! da pakerz win 31-25

credits go to here.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

I see most people suggest Hone Claw+Dragon Rush. IMO, it is not worth. it is get only 225 atk, while Sword Dance+Dragon Claw is get 240 atk.

Hone Claw is get +accuracy but what will it is used? Stone Age? Dragon+Ground+Fire is get perfect coverage, Fire Blast? SD+Fire fang do more damage. 95 accuracy is nearly perfect.
    Last edited by GameMaster0000; 7th February 2011 at 4:55 AM.
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetalOverlord View Post
    Here's my idea: A special set? Preposterous

Modest Nature@ Life Orb/Expert Belt/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

EV's: 252 Sp. Attack
    252 Speed
    4 HP
    Moves: Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Surf/Hidden Power Grass

This can be a good set it used correctly. Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor is one of your STAB moves. Run Dragon Pulse if you don't like the -2 Sp. Attack from Draco Meteor Or run Draco Meteor for raw power. Flamethrower is for reliability and Fire Blast is for Power. Both moves are mainly used for Scizor/ Forretress/ Ferrothorn/ Escavalier. Earth Power is your other STAB move, has good coverage, and has a possibility in lowering your opponent's Sp. Defense. Use Surf if you want to hit ground pokemon and Tyranitar for super effective damage or use HP Grass for those bulky water with Ice moves.
    Sadly, this is almost completely outclassed by Hydreigon except for speed, which honestly isn't a big enough boon when you've got such a low Special Attack stat that Cacnea laughs at you. Seriously, Grovyle is hitting harder with Leaf Storm than this thing is with Draco Meteor.

As for those posting defensive sets, might I recommend a Jolly EV spread of 252HP/76Def/120SpD/60Spe? There's enough speed to outspeed neutral Base 90's, enough HP and Def investment to survive a +2 Earthquake from non-Life Orb Excadrill, and the rest for more special bulk. Also keep in mind that should you opt for Rough Skin, Stealth Rock, Sleep Talk, and Aqua Tail all become illegal in combination, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    Dragon Claw doesn't confuse Chomp like Outrage does.

So what to say about Garchomp then? Well...

~Compared to new dragons Haxorus and Hydreigon, Garchomp outruns both with his classic trolly 102 speed,
    Haxorus is only out sped by 5, if ev trained in speed he could probably beat him, and Hax also gets dragon dance while garchomp has no way of increasing speed. Thank god they didnt give him sandrush.

Anyway I think a good set for garchomp would be

Swords Dance
    BrickBreak
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Brick break over fire fang because of 10 extra power, also breaking like reflects and light screens is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Rockleon; 7th February 2011 at 5:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockleon View Post
    Haxorus is only out sped by 5, if ev trained in speed he could probably beat him, and Hax also gets dragon dance while garchomp has no way of increasing speed. Thank god they didnt give him sandrush.

Anyway I think a good set for garchomp would be

Swords Dance
    BrickBreak
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Brick break over fire fang because of 10 extra power, also breaking like reflects and light screens is pretty awesome.
    Ononokuso (Haxorus) has only 5 less base speed than Garchomp, which translates into a bit more than 5 speed when both are EV'd at level 100. In addition, most Garchomp (all Garchomp pretty much) will be EV'd to outspeed at least base 100s.

In addition, Brick Break has basically no merit other than breaking screens. The extra 10 power is unimportant because it doesn't hit the stuff that you actually use Fire Fang for hitting (Bronzong and Skarmory) very hard at all.

Most scarmorys arent using any def increasing moves, so swords dance brick break could do damage. Brick break was for ice types and dark.

If wanna be taking out scarm, wouldnt you want a special set anyway?
    I can see what you mean for bronzong though.
    Mike: 2793-0594-7347
    Pokemon Master in White 2. Aiming to demolish 6th gen.

Seriously, guy...Please stop suggest Giga Impact!! STAB EQ attack power is 150 equal to giga impact but not lost your turn.

Even Outrage still better +STAB damage is 180 and confusion is more better that lost your turn.
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast