Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #6

Quote Originally Posted by pikamanepicfail45 View Post
    yea just about any ice attack will OHKO him. the nagain there are a lot of pokemon that always get pwnd by garchomp.
    good counters for garchomp's counters-

alot of them have pure power, but shuckle uses power share, and garchomp can survive a STAB ice beam after it

Shuckle is NOT a good counter-counter. It's just not. They can always switch out and come back. You force them to switch, but then you have to switch Shuckle out for Garchomp. Or they can just kill Shuckle...or set-up on it...

Shuckle with Power Share is just NOT THAT GOOD.

I don't know about the others, and "Counter-Counters" depend too much on who it is that you're countering.

Garchomp
    Item: Dragon Fang
    Moves:
    swords dance
    earthquake
    dragon claw
    dragon rush

Unlike most people, garchomp is not one of my favorite pokemon. I almost never use it. I really think we shouldn't cover the popular pokemon first because its going to be junk in the end.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Here's my strategy

Leadchomp

item: Focus Sash
    nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 Attack 252 Speed
    Moves
    1. Stealth Rock
    2. Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor
    3. Earthquake
    4. Fire Fang

Max speed is to outrun taunters. Max attack is to strike back. Three pronged attack gets good coverage. Dragon Claw for good reliable STAB. Draco Meteor for more quick power. Comments much appreciated. Thank you

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Garchomp rox, i just cant get one!!!

credit to Huspoelcredit to Kewzu from cj's request shop

after reading this entire thread, the only real counter i can think of is choice scarf ditto, and even that might not work.

Quote Originally Posted by multi-scale View Post
    after reading this entire thread, the only real counter i can think of is choice scarf ditto, and even that might not work.
    ScarfDitto is not a counter, as it cannot switch into an Outrage.

Cresselia counters every set of Garchomp there is.

like i said use skarmory or brongzong
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

nature: adamant

ability: rough skin

-dragon rush
    -stone edge
    -earthquake
    -crunch/sword dance

hold item: wide lens

EV 252 atk /200 spd /56HP

this is great for fast ko your opponent and wide lens give 10% ACC so stone edge acc is now up from 80 to 88 and dragon rush acc up from 75 to 82.5 so you will be less worried about the acc

pokemonblackandwhite

@assasinsceptile implying no one predict a fast toxic then directly switch out. It also kill porygon2 on the switch and change to something pwny
        Spoiler:- Click or I will order you to dance with Justin Beiber:

(12:21:35) Udder Chaos: jb is gggggggaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    (12:21:45) Ray !: ^
    (12:21:48) GoreAndSuch: ^
    (12:21:51) adadadada: ^

Quote Originally Posted by blaze kick View Post
    nature: adamant

ability: rough skin

-dragon rush
    -stone edge
    -earthquake
    -crunch/sword dance

hold item: wide lens

EV 252 atk /200 spd /56HP

this is great for fast ko your opponent and wide lens give 10% ACC so stone edge acc is now up from 80 to 88 and dragon rush acc up from 75 to 82.5 so
    you will be less worried about the acc
    Why use wide lens when you can just give him a life orb or leftovers and run hone claws instead of swords dance which gives you perfect accuracy for dragon rush and stone edge in exchange for only a +1 attack boost
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Bronzong is actually pretty good. It has levitate (and the defenses to survive Fire Fang) and Trick Room. You just strike back with a Psycho Shock or something...
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    Why use wide lens when you can just give him a life orb or leftovers and run hone claws instead of swords dance which gives you perfect accuracy for dragon rush and stone edge in exchange for only a +1 attack boost
    Because Hone Claws is not a good move for Garchomp. An SD Dragon Claw is more powerful than a HC Dragon Rush. And Stone Edge is unnecessary anyways. Dragon Claw(or Outrage)/Earthquake/Fire Fang covers pretty much everything on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicpip View Post
    Bronzong is actually pretty good. It has levitate (and the defenses to survive Fire Fang) and Trick Room. You just strike back with a Psycho Shock or something...
    Gyro Ball would be better since it hits 225 base power after STAB against Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Crobat Ray View Post
    @assasinsceptile implying no one predict a fast toxic then directly switch out. It also kill porygon2 on the switch and change to something pwny
    The common Garchomp sets don't run Toxic, plus, Cresselia can Rest off the Toxic if needed. Garchomp also cannot kill a P2 on the switch with any move. A CB Outrage only does 40.9% - 48.1% to Prevo Stone Porygon2, far from a OHKO.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Because Hone Claws is not a good move for Garchomp. An SD Dragon Claw is more powerful than a HC Dragon Rush. And Stone Edge is unnecessary anyways. Dragon Claw(or Outrage)/Earthquake/Fire Fang covers pretty much everything on its own.
    I was just trying to add more options to garchomp other Than choice band and swords dance

JUst have some words: IT´S BORING

It´s moveset is boring, it isn´t a dragon movepool, it is a ground type movepool. Dragons learn beams, learn a lot of type attacks. It´s usefulness is (Generic Dragon Attack) Earthquake, a Boosting move and a boring move such as a Fire move or Stone Edge. Any dragon can do that. Dragonite gets a HUGE movepool, and Salamence at least has Hydro Pump, which is a rare move on dragons. They can have lots of Movesets, but Garchomp has just two movesets. Any moveset you create won´t be as good as the SD/DD set, or a Choice set. They will be gimmick.

In my opinion, even I love dragons including Garchomp, this pokemon has a boring movepool, it doesn´t deserve your time trying to find another moveset. Use what has always worked
    My Shinies

My future team in Black:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbomber72 View Post

It´s moveset is boring, it isn´t a dragon movepool, it is a ground type movepool. Dragons learn beams, learn a lot of type attacks. It´s usefulness is (Generic Dragon Attack) Earthquake, a Boosting move and a boring move such as a Fire move or Stone Edge. Any dragon can do that. Dragonite gets a HUGE movepool, and Salamence at least has Hydro Pump, which is a rare move on dragons. They can have lots of Movesets, but Garchomp has just two movesets. Any moveset you create won´t be as good as the SD/DD set, or a Choice set. They will be gimmick.

In my opinion, even I love dragons including Garchomp, this pokemon has a boring movepool, it doesn´t deserve your time trying to find another moveset. Use what has always worked
    You apparently know so much about it's movepool but don't know Chomp can't learn DD. Rage harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbomber72 View Post

but Garchomp has just two movesets. Any moveset you create won´t be as good as the SD/DD set, or a Choice set. They will be gimmick.

By DD do you mean dragon dance because he doesn't learn it, but yes there will only ever be swords dance and choice band garchomps.

Sadly, yes. I only try to look at pokemon in a new way, since fifth generation brought forth some very interesting moves.
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    By DD do you mean dragon dance because he doesn't learn it, but yes there will only ever be swords dance and choice band garchomps.
    ScarfChomp is going to be used more than CBChomp.

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    ScarfChomp is going to be used more than CBChomp.
    True I suppose I overlooked that but that leaves only a few garchomp sets which are relatively similar.
    Last edited by The Joker.; 13th February 2011 at 12:42 PM.

The common Garchomp sets don't run Toxic, plus, Cresselia can Rest off the Toxic if needed. Garchomp also cannot kill a P2 on the switch with any move. A CB Outrage only does 40.9% - 48.1% to Prevo Stone Porygon2, far from a OHKO.
    I mean who the hell using rest on P2? It can toxic on the switch then switch out to a propriate counter
        Spoiler:- Click or I will order you to dance with Justin Beiber:

(12:21:35) Udder Chaos: jb is gggggggaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    (12:21:45) Ray !: ^
    (12:21:48) GoreAndSuch: ^
    (12:21:51) adadadada: ^

Garchomp@Choice Specs
    Modest, Timid/Sand Veil
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earth Power
    -Fire Blast
    -Surf

Laugh in the face of physical walls with SpecsChomp!
    Draco Meteor is great for quickly KOing the physical wall the opponent just switched in expecting an SD.
    Earth Power is Ground type STAB hitting a load of steels.
    Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn and...well...Ferrothorn. Its more than enough to justify a moveslot.
    Surf catches Baloon holding Excadrills and Chandelure's out and is mostly a filler move otherwise.
    I'll do some move calc's on some common threats later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crobat Ray View Post
    I mean who the hell using rest on P2? It can toxic on the switch then switch out to a propriate counter
    I said Rest with Cresselia, which is what you were referring to in your post. People would run that in 4th gen due to the commonness of SS, which is just as common if not more common in 5th gen.

Chomp is the only Dragon with Sand Veil and STAB Earthquake.
    And arguably the best Dragon for running defensive sets with a great spread of resistances and defenses equivalent to Swampert's.

Don't try and tell me this thing is a generic dragon.

i still need a garchomp for my team can someone tell me how to get one in HGSS

credit to Huspoelcredit to Kewzu from cj's request shop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast