Thread: Pokémon White Team

Default Pokémon White Team

This is the OU team I plan on putting together when I get Pokemon White. I've been out of Pokémon for a couple of years, and the last time I put together a competitive team was for gen 3. I've spent a lot of time during the last couple of months trying to learn as much as I can about the current metagame. If you think this team is terrible, please tell me, but please give me suggestions as to how I can make it better.

#385 Jirachi: Steel/Psychic, Hasty, Serene Grace, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    U-Turn
    Fire Punch
    Iron Head

I think this works as a good lead for my team. Timid would be a better nature, but I have no way of getting one with it. I'm unsure about the item. Choice Scarf looks like the recommended item, but I prefer not to use it. It works well with Tyranitar's Sandstream. Serene Grace gives Iron Head a 60% flinch rate and Fire Punch a 60% burn rate. Fire Punch works well against other Steel types, especially against Ferrothorn.

#248 Tyranitar: Rock/Dark, Jolly, Sandstream, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

The centerpiece of the team. Sandstream helps out Archeops, and Jirachi works well with it. I'm not sure if I should go with the DD set or not.

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SpA / 6 Sp D / 252 Spe
    Rapid Spin
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Surf

My Rapid Spinner. Covers a lot of my weaknesses: Rapid Spin for entry hazards such as Stealth Rock which would destroy Archeops, Thunderbolt for my Water weakness with Tyranitar and Archeops, and Surf for my Fire weakness with Jirachi.

#609 Chandelure: Ghost/Fire, Timid, Flash Fire, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Energy Ball

My favorite Ghost Pokémon. I can't decide between Energy Ball and Hidden Power [Fighting]. He covers my Grass weakness with Tyranitar and Starmie.

#567 Archeops: Rock/Flying, Jolly, Faint Hearted, Item: Flight Jewel
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Acrobatics
    Endeavor
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

My favorite gen 5 Pokémon. I had a tough time deciding between Stone Edge and Rock Slide. I'm not sure about Endeavor. U-Turn is a possibility. Tyranitar's Sandstream helps raise his defenses from pathetic to poor. Flight Jewel gives Acrobatics a very powerful first move. Acrobatics helps against Fighting and Grass types.

#381 Latios: Dragon/Psychic, Levitate, Modest, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Recover
    Psychic
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind

My favorite Pokémon. Timid would be a better nature, but I don't have one with it. Psychic covers my Fighting weakness.

I may have gone a little overboard with the Leftovers.
    Last edited by Latios Master; 8th February 2011 at 6:45 AM.

First off, ScarfRachi works best as a lead, and without Choice Scarf, you should never use Jirachi as a lead.
    Second, this is the best Starmie set for a spinner:
    LO, Timid, 252 SAtk / 252 Spe, Pump/BoltBeam/Spin
    Third, Chandelure sucks. If you like a Ghost type, use Burungeru or something.
    I'm tired of signatures...