Thread: Hey, is that (an attempt at) a Trick Room Team?

Default Hey, is that (an attempt at) a Trick Room Team?

Hello, I'm not too good at competitive battling but I understand the basics so I set up a small Trick Room team with 5th gen Pokémon, so here's the team:

_____

General Overview: This team's real problem is the massive weakness to Bug and Ghost, with 3 Pokémon with a weakness to either Bug, Ghost or both. There's also the weakness with Electric Types in Slowking and Crawdaunt. But on the good side, Pokémon that mingle those three types (IE: Shedjinja; Galvantula; Rotom) are either fast and won't do much in Trick Room (unless they enter at the beginning of the battle) or frail. So moving on to the Pokémon.

Cofagrigus @ Spell Tag
    Ability: Mummy
    EVs: 56 DEF/ 252 SP. ATK/ 200 SP. DEF
    Nature: Quiet
    - Trick Room
    - Hex
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Nasty Plot/ Energy Ball
    *Cofagrigus is a pretty good at defending the team, with Mummy and pretty good Defences, he can survive enough hits to burn and then eliminate them with a base 180 power Hex. Nasty Plot can boost Hex enourmously but Energy Ball helps with coverage and damages the evasive Normal Pokémon.*

Bastiodon @
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 DEF/ 252 SP ATK
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Counter

*Bastiodon is my all-round wall of Trick Room. It can survive loads of hits and has no problem setting up Stealth Rocks and Roaring the opponent into dying. Toxic is Bastiodon's main form of damage and helps Cofagrigus with his offense too. Counter isn't used much but is useful when Trick Room returns to normal.*

Beheeyem @ Shell Bell
    Ability:Synchronize/ Telepathy (idk if i'll do double/triple battles)
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 DEF/ 252 SP. ATK
    - Psychic
    - Trick Room
    - Thunderbolt
    - Energy Ball

*To me, Beheeyem is a really good TR sweeper, he's pretty sturdy, has a brilliant offense in terms of movepool and stats. Psychic is the average STAB, Thunderbolt and Energy Ball are good for coverage and exploit pretty well this Alien's Sp. Atk.*

Slowking @ Wise Glasses/ Expert Belt
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SP. ATK/ 252 DEF
    - Surf
    - Psychic
    - Trick Room
    - Flamethrower
    *Slowking is another TR Sweeper I took a shine to. Mainly because of Flamethrower, which can take on the big Bug weakness of the team, aswell as the other slow Pokémon capable of Trick Rooming such as Rock and Steel-Types like Foretress, Steelix or Aggron. Slowking can't really touch defensive ghosts like Dusknoir though, which is a shame.*

Druddigan @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 SP. DEF
    Nature: Brave
    - Dragon Tail
    - Night Slash
    - Superpower
    - Rock Slide
    *Druddigan is my best Physical TR Sweeper because it's attack is titanic and it's moves are very good power-wise, Dragon Tail having 120 Base Power, Forcing the opponent to switch (which is good with Stealth Rock) and in TR moves first. Night Slash takes on those defensive Ghost and Psychic Types, Rock Slide hurts our enemies the bugs and Superpower is great in coverage and BP.*

Crawdaunt @ Muscle Band
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute/ Payback
    *Well I must say, I almost died when I saw Adaptability on Crawdaunt. One Swords Dance is all it takes to send this Pokémon on a murderous frenzy, 176 BP Waterfall and Crunch can take out almost anything, Substitute can save Crawdaunt from an attack or two and buy him a Swords Dance but Payback really hurts when Trick Room fails, bringing the BP up to 220.*

Well that's about it, I hope it will do well in the field of battle, just need Black and White to come to Europe, thanks in advance,

D-World
    Last edited by D-World; 10th February 2011 at 3:54 PM.
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Escavalier or gigalith wanna be on ur team ;(

yea the more powerful TR sweeperz you have, the better. Escavalier is really great on teams that can set up for slow pokemon like him. i tried out the trick room for gen 5 and he was monstous with a life orb. also, counter and mirror coat always go last, but negative priority moves like dragon tail go first, i think.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by pikamanepicfail45 View Post
    yea the more powerful TR sweeperz you have, the better. Escavalier is really great on teams that can set up for slow pokemon like him. i tried out the trick room for gen 5 and he was monstous with a life orb. also, counter and mirror coat always go last, but negative priority moves like dragon tail go first, i think.

Escavalier does make a good Suicide Sweeper, I could go with this Moveset:

Escavalier @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 ATK/ 56 Def/ 200 Sp. Def
    - X-Scissor
    - Double Edge
    - Reversal
    - Swords Dance

That Moveset is, in my opinion, extremely risky, the recoil and Life Orb really speeds up Reversal and Swarm, but it wouldn't take much to beat it. Also the movepool is decent, but doesn't cover much.

As for Counter and Dragon Tail, well speed priority doesn't invert in Trick Room. But I'm wondering if Sheer Force cancels out the speed priority. I found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Sheer Force raises the base power of all moves that have a positive secondary effect by 30%, the secondary effects are ignored. However, this ability is not applied to moves that have a negative effect on the user, such as recoil, two-turn moves, and stat reduction after using certain moves.
    Superpower has a negative effect so isn't boosted by Sheer Force, so I'm going to replace it with Crush Claw, but I don't know if Dragon Tail counts as negative. It switches the opponent out but does it cancel the Speed Priority too? If not, I might replace it with Outrage or maybe just Dragon Claw. And another interesting thing too:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    If a Pokémon with Sheer Force is holding a Life Orb and uses an attack that would be boosted by Sheer Force, then the move gains both boosts but the user does not receive the Life Orb recoil damage.
    This could be a very interesting strategy for Druddigan. 63% Boosts from moves is amazingly good, but that would only be for a few moves. Here is the new Modified Moveset for Druddigan.

Druddigan @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Evs: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 SP. DEF
    - Dragon Tail/ Outrage
    - Crush Claw
    - Night Slash
    - Rock Slide
    Have a nice day

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

I think you may be overestimating Bastiodon's bulk. He's 4X weak to Fighting and Ground type moves, swap him for something like Escavalier, who resists Bug and Ghost, but I think Reversal is a bad idea considering Trick Room's limited turns. Beyeehem is outclassed for the most part by Musharna and Reuniclus, who have higher HP and are slower, to prevent yours from being outclassed, give it Nasty Plot (learns by breeding). The rest looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    I think you may be overestimating Bastiodon's bulk. He's 4X weak to Fighting and Ground type moves, swap him for something like Escavalier, who resists Bug and Ghost, but I think Reversal is a bad idea considering Trick Room's limited turns.
    Well Bastiodon is really there for "Stealth Rock + Roar" Technique, but I must say that on second looks he's not amazingly brilliant, some other Pokémon are better, in my list: Steelix, Aggron, Mamoswine and Ferrothorn, though the latter can't learn Roar, but I'm starting to like it. And I don't see why Reversal is wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Beyeehem is outclassed for the most part by Musharna and Reuniclus, who have higher HP and are slower, to prevent yours from being outclassed, give it Nasty Plot (learns by breeding).
    Well it's true that Musharna and Reuniclus have better stats, but their movepool isn't as good as Beyeehem's. Well, it's the same safe for the electric attack: Musharna has Charge Beam, which is weaker and Reuniclus has Thunder, which is more powerful but isn't worth it. But i do agree on Nasty Plot, I jus't don't know which move to replace.

PS: Still no Answer on Sheer Force's effect on speed priority, though.

Beheeyem @ Shell Bell
    Ability:Synchronize/ Telepathy (idk if i'll do double/triple battles)
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 DEF/ 252 SP. ATK
    - Psychic
    - Trick Room
    - Thunderbolt/ Nasty Plot
    - Energy Ball/ Nasty Plot
    Have a nice day

I dont think TR teams should have walls, since the main counters of TR teams ARE walls >.> but on your Druddigan, Dragon Tail still has priority of -6, all Trick Room does is reverse priority of moves in the same category, i.e.
    0 Speed Konkeldurr's Mach Punch goes before 252 Speed Scizor's Bullet Punch
    An Outrage from Scarfchomp comes before a Dragon Tail