View Poll Results: Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

Voters
2119. You may not vote on this poll
  • White Version!

1,278 60.31%
  • Black Version!

845 39.88%
  • I can't decide!

112 5.29%
  • I'm going to wait for the 3rd installment!

144 6.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: White or Black? (and Why?)

Default White or Black? (and Why?)

Alright, so I'm sure many of you have your minds set on one specific version of the new Pokemon games, Pokemon White and Pokemon Black. I'm also sure that many of you, like myself, are torn on which version to get, and are weighing the merits of either version.

So, here's the thread to discuss it! Vote in the poll: Will you choose White? Will you choose Black? Are you going to skip the choosing process and just get both, or are you going to abstain from purchasing these games, instead opting for an anticipated 3rd installment?

After voting, be sure to post saying what you chose! These posts must be more than a simple one-word response. Nobody wants to read that!

Elaborate!! Say why you're picking Black, or why you like White more. There are plenty of reasons--exclusive Pokemon, cover legendary, battles, locations...

To start off the thread, I'm undecided! I'm leaning more towards Black at the moment. Rotation Battles sound cooler to me than Triple Battles, and I like the high-tech locations more than the natural ones.

EDIT: Since people seem to be confusing this rather regularly...

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to WHITE:
    Zekrom
    Rufflet, Braviary
    Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus
    Petilil, Lilligant
    Thundurus
    (blue genie, Electric/Flying)

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to BLACK:
    Reshiram
    Vullaby, Mandibuzz
    Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle
    Cottonee, Whimsicott
    Tornadus
    (green genie, Pure Flying)

Pokemon that are NOT version-exclusive:
    Tirtouga, Carracosta (the sea turtle)
    Archeos, Archetops (the fossil bird)
    Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede (the centipede line)
    Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny (the silkworm)
    Golett, Golurk (the clay doll-robot things)
    Pawniard, Bisharp (the Power Rangers)

None of those last six Pokemon are version-exclusive, contrary to popular belief. Only three lines are version-exclusive per game, with two version-exclusive Legendaries as well.

Not that anyone reads the first post anymore, but I figured this should be here.
    Last edited by Grei; 17th February 2011 at 4:13 AM.

I can't decide. I'm leaning towards Black atm, just b/c it has Rotation Battles, Black City and (my favorite) Reshiram. ^^ I love that new Pokemon.

However, if I get White Version, I get access to White Forest, and some really nice version exclusives. But, I figure I can always trade with someone if I want a Pokemon that isn't in my version.

I've still got time to decide, but like I said, leaning towards Black. :]

White, because I got Black back in September and most of my planned team is only on White. I will be buying my fixing to be 7 year old Nephew Black for his birthday though. I am also choosing white so I can finally complete me Unova dex without trading over Wi-Fi and GTS.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

White, because of Zekrom. Initially, I had thought Black had Zekrom, but seeing as it's the opposite, I voted for it. And, well, White has Iris as the gym leader in Soryuu city (sorry, I don't remember the English name at this time). And White Forest sounds like it has a lot of Pokemon to choose from.

Normally, I'd be concerned with version exclusives, but seeing as that in itself is mildly rectified with the GTS anyways, I ain't too worried.

Other than that, that's my reasoning.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

White because I like Zekrom for his looks and typing and there are a few pokemon exclusivly on white that I like better than white.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

White, for the version exclusives ('specially Paras/ect, Solosis line and Zekrom) and the White Forest will help me more in fulfilling my Pokedex. I hope to pick up Black at some point though, because the atmosphere and Rotation Battles are really appealing.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

I am going to get Black. I greatly prefer Reshiram over Zekrom. I am thinking about getting White once I beat Black.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I'm getting White, primarily because of Zekrom. Paralysis is worth more to me than burn, electric type covers more typically used opponents than fire (for me at least), and any Pokemon who can't learn Thunder to support the Kyogre on my uber team, gets a stern look and a thumbs down. Any other version exclusives should be easy enough to trade for via GTS, but it's the legendary that'll be tough, so 90% of my decision is based on that.

I'm going to be getting Black version, but mostly because I already have the Japanese White version. I do like some of the version exclusive Pokemon that are found in Black version (like Gochiruzeru's line and Reshiram), but I'm not too happy about the others. I think I'll enjoy Black City a bit more since you can apparently battle more trainers there. Pokemon Black's version of Souryuu City also seems to have cooler music, so maybe I'll enjoy that as well.

Black because everyone else wants white because of the black thing and I like to be different. Also it has like this dark town with "Black Town" sounds a lot more interesting then eco freindly "white town."
    Witty text followed by animated things:
    -
    -
    -

I'm getting both copies for the bonuses if you've pre-ordered them, which I did.

Zekrom. and what are the bonuses for preordering
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

White, for two three reasons.

1) Colour. White is my favourite colour. It just seems very prestine and sterile, which I like.

2) ZEKROM! An awesome, sleek design, coupled with a cool typing, coupled with a badass name, paired with a general badass feel. In comparison, Reshiram feels overly angelic and awkward.

3) Iris. :3
    Last edited by GalladeX; 10th February 2011 at 3:24 PM.

Black. Reshiram is awesome and Black City looks pretty cool. I'll definitely be getting White at some point, though.
    CURRENTLY HUNTING:

MY SHINIES:

I don't include event shinies or traded shinies unless I know for sure it was legit.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with White, because I like the legendary Black Pokemon thing more than the other, and a few of the version exclusives to
    White are some of my new favorites and will probably become part of my White team. But it was not an entirely easy choice. I do like the city locations in Black more than the forests in White. After 15 years, I think we've all seen enough forests. But still, I'm picking White.

why no both option??? that wa u can get both legends and all exclusives

White...

I like white's last gym city, as well as Rufflet and Solosis.

White for the sea turtle.
    SAMMEKINS
    Black FC: 3138-7489-3669

I'm getting both, because...
    1)I have the money for them, so why not?
    2)The only gen where I haven't gotten all three main games was Gen 3.
    3)White was goddamned awesome when I played through it in Japanese, so I won't mind playing through the same game twice more(with some alterations in the case of Black), only in a language I can actually understand!
    4)There are version exclusives I like in each one. White has WARGLE **** YEAH, Black has the goth chick line, and I like both Reshiram and Zekrom, so...
    5)Black City will be awesome since I can actually buy most of the evo stones(why is this not a standard feature by now?). White Forest...uh...er...well, the rest of White is still fun!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammekins View Post
    White for the sea turtle.
    Archen and Tirtouga are not version exclusives.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

I'll be getting White for the following reasons:

1. Zekrom - Possibly the beastliest Pokemon ever.
    2. Braviary - Another one of the beastliest Pokemon ever.
    3. Reuniclus - Love it, it's just so cool. That's why I'll be using one on my main team.
    4. White Forest - Packed with some pretty good Pokemon, including Ralts, which evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon: Gallade.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Am i the only person that is going to wait until the third installment?!?!?!? it will probably be out within a year and a half, and then theres no worrying over version exclusives.

^A friend of mine is waiting for game 3 to come out as well. You're not alone. lol

Anyways, I'm getting Black. The deciding factor was the main legendary. That thing looks so cool. That's really the only basis for choosing this version. Fortunately, my friend who usually picks the opposite version, would rather have White so things work out yet again this time around.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    Am i the only person that is going to wait until the third installment?!?!?!? it will probably be out within a year and a half, and then theres no worrying over version exclusives.
    Third versions always have their own version exclusives.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    Third versions always have their own version exclusives.
    Yes, but they also tend to have factors from both games in them... ie. palkia and dialga in platinum, and groudon and kyogre in emerald.

Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast