Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EV training?

Default EV training?

Did you EV train your Pokemon to fight the gym leaders? I got the pokerus so I decided to start ev training. I am training a grovyle right now then I'm going to EV train a scraggy that knows Ice punch and Thunder punch and go destroy the last 4 gym leaders I have to fight. Share your EV training stories for Pokemon Black and White here!!!

My sparkling shinies
    Vaporeon LV. 25 traded for 4/9/11
    Timburr LV. 1 Hatched 5/1/11
    Zubat LV. 16 Chained for 4/2/11
    2 Buizel LV. 7 Chained on 10/8/11

SS FC: 3267-9347-0384

I don't really see EV training for any of the gyms really all that necessary XD The only one that was even remotely tough for me was the 2nd one... and that was cuz she cheated >.> take down should not be that powerful lol.

Anyways, I'm in the process of EV training my team for the upcoming vgc :3 I have 2 of them done so far, 6 to go. Only abnoxious part is having to farm the subway with mostly normal pokemon to get the dumb power items.... buuuut I only have 2 left to get XD so I'm almost there

Ok, why was this thread passed by mods? We already have an ev discussing thread. It's kind of upseting since I tried making a thread to discuss this topic before we had the ev and iv discussing thread, but the mods didn't let it show up in this forum. Ugh, mods. >: (

But yes, I ev trained while going through the game. Though until my pokemon maxed their evs, I didn't freely use them in battles. At first I did, but after the first gym I started focusing on evs. Then up to before the Cold Storage, I used my Chip (watchog caught as a patrat for cut) to take spare evs I didn't want the other pokemon to pick up. Then I didn't continue the game until all the pokemon I was using maxed their evs. After that, I could use my team freely, I just tried keeping them all the same level.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Hey Tnuter, if u want, i know this isnt a trading thread but i do have a jolly scraggy that i can trade 2 u

I personally hate EV training - If somebody else does it, that's fine. But I don't see the fun in it. First off, you spend days, hours... on it and finally get done. But also, where's the fun in that?

Why not train it with what comes up and use it how it actually is. That would make it much more enjoyable that going:

"Ok Charziard, you can do this! You only need to beat a few hundred more Oddishes!!!"

Isn't that overly boring???
    --lloyd094

Platinum FC: 4211 9348 5275
    White FC: 5200 1743 1002

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd094 View Post
    I personally hate EV training - If somebody else does it, that's fine. But I don't see the fun in it. First off, you spend days, hours... on it and finally get done. But also, where's the fun in that?

Why not train it with what comes up and use it how it actually is. That would make it much more enjoyable that going:

"Ok Charziard, you can do this! You only need to beat a few hundred more Oddishes!!!"

Isn't that overly boring???
    Not really, it takes about 30-60 minutes usually, if you have all the power items, and the stats are much better when EV trained properly. With up to 63 points from EV training a single stat, it can give a big advantage, since damage is based on percentages, it could make you do 50% more damage.
    Shiny Hunt:
    (RE/April 9) (RNGMay 6) (Future RNG)
    (Future RNG) (MMing) (Future MM)
    (Future RNG Egg) (Future RNG Egg)

I ev trained my shiny elgyem in like a day. With vitamins and wings, I didn't have to battle anything.

But it makes sense, the pokemon's stats become better dependind on what it fights. So without focusing the evs, your pokemon can have evs scattered. So I like to ev train. I mean, it can be boring, but it makes the pokemon better than if I didn't focus the evs.

I EV-trained 3 pokemon in my current team. They were Riolu, Mudkip and Zorua. I gave about 400 EVs to each of them through vitamins only. It took me 10 minutes when including the time it took to buy all the vitamins. Later, I transferred them to my friend's game, I restarted mine, and we linked them back. Now, I do NOT regret training them that way

But I don't consider EV-training my playthrough-teams important. I just did because I thought it would be funny to specialize them a little bit more + because of the fact I had $ 900 000 in my game that I needed to spend before restarting.
    I found shiny Litwick at the 5290th RE.
    Current Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    Not really, it takes about 30-60 minutes usually, if you have all the power items, and the stats are much better when EV trained properly. With up to 63 points from EV training a single stat, it can give a big advantage, since damage is based on percentages, it could make you do 50% more damage.
    ^^
    This, it really does help, as long as you have Pokerus and Power items, it takes about 15 miniutes per Pokémon, so just be certain that you want that Pokemon on your team first.
    COOL FACT, IF YOU WANT TO TRADE WITH ME POST IT ON MY TRADESHOP SO I GET BUMP'd PKMN R'US, My Trade Shop Credit to Draya The Dark Master for the UB
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/mj5ycy.png[/IMG]

I can't say that I EV train my pokemon before beating the elite 4. My main reason for this is that once you have access to a lot more money, by beating the elite 4, buying vitamins becomes a lot easier. You also have some half decent pokemon by then also to fight for the subway (or tower) items.

I don't think it's an essential thing to do if you're just going to be playing against the computer, but against other humans then it's very much worth your while.
    On #SPP and #SPP-wifi as Bidoof

<Hydregion> I have REAL proof from BULBAPEDIA that Arceus made the universe

White FC: 3911 6724 1283

I feel if I don't ev train them, my pokemon won't be good enough for competetive battle. I don't want my ingame to just be for ingame.

I haven't ever EV trained my Pokemon, apart from a Shiny Salamence on SS!!
    ~ My 3DS Friend Code is 3523 - 2969 - 5609 ~
    ~ PM me if you wanna add me ~

~ PLAYING PLATINUM AGAIN LIKE A BOSS!!! ~

I Ev trained alot of pokemon in the 4th Gen, but unless i'm going to make a team for competative battling i don't bother. I when stat crazy in the 4th gen, i Breed and hatched hundereds of eggs for good abilities, natures and IVs. i carefully counted EVs and had a notebook so i could keep track. i don't do it anymore because it started to get stressful and felt like it was taking forever (egg hatching was the worst). so far for 5th gen i've just be playing casually and it's been fun. I might go breeder crazy again but not yet.

Black FC: 0905 8203 0859

Yes, I ev train my pokemon to fight the Gym Leader, even though it took long enough to do it, especially with Pokemon that has high EXP points.

I typically don't EV train my pokemon for the gym leaders, since I usually don't have the power items/pokerus or the right natured pokemon.

As for whether or not EV training is worth it, I definitely think it is. Plus, when you're finally done with EV training a whole team, it's really fun to see how good they have become

On my White, I used EV trained Pokemon from the second gym onward. I bred and EV trained 6 Pokemon (3 from Platinum, 3 from Black), traded them from Black to White as soon as I could, then used them for the rest of the game.

I really don't like using non-EV trained Pokemon. It just really bugs me knowing that their stats aren't as good as they could be and that they're not being used to their full potential. That's why whenever I start a new game I EV train a team on another game and then trade it over so that I can play through the new game with my team. It really helps having a team with higher stats, IMO.

I do purposely EV train my Pokémon but only those which are supposed to be used online.

For Attack I use the way to the victory road, for Special Attack I use Litwick at the Pokémon Graveyard, for Initiative I use that +2 Initiative Fish, for Defense I use ... wait ... hm ... I don't really know. Sometimes Graveler or something like that in the cave of challenge and for Special Defense I use that new Jellyfish Pokémon.
    Hisashiburi da na poketo monsta toreina!

Poketo monsta no tatakau?

Friend Code:

Cecelia Black 2 - 228058814990
    Cecelia Black - 266614694116
    Cecelia SoulSilver - 253660467378
    Cecelia Pearl - 099000470545

Pokémon Pearl: Pokédex: Seen: 493/Caught: 493, Hours: 670
    Started: June 2nd 2009

Pokémon Black 2: Pokédex: Seen 649/Caught: 649, Hours: ~ 170
    Started: October 11th 2012

Pokémon Master Cecelia - she wants to be the very best like no one ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by wearjo View Post
    Hey Tnuter, if u want, i know this isnt a trading thread but i do have a jolly scraggy that i can trade 2 u
    I have a scraggy, thanks for the offer though.

I finished EV training Sceptile, He is amazing now this is the first time I EV trained it only took me like and hour I had Pokerus and a Macho Brace on so it didn't take long at all. It was definentley worth the time. I still have to train scraggy though which I keep putting off, mostly due to the fact I found out how to use the Dream world. I think I'll EV train scraggy today though I'm not doing anything.
    If anyone wants a DW Exeggcute send me a PM I'll breed one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Validus View Post
    I might go breeder crazy again but not yet.
    Haha too late for me. xD

My sparkling shinies
    Vaporeon LV. 25 traded for 4/9/11
    Timburr LV. 1 Hatched 5/1/11
    Zubat LV. 16 Chained for 4/2/11
    2 Buizel LV. 7 Chained on 10/8/11

SS FC: 3267-9347-0384

I hate EV training until I'm done. It's just so time consuming.
    Some call it hell; it's actually called facing my Bronzong.

I never really cared about EV training so I never did it. I'm starting to see how important it is though because I lose more than I win on the random matchups. I will most likely start though cause I want my Pokemon to be the best that they can be
    Pokemon X Buddies:
    Greninja Talonflame Chesnaught Dedenne Vivilion Pangoro Meowstic Lucario Blaziken Avalugg

3DS FC: 2809-8627-8665

I'm EVing my Axew to become a really nice sweeper I like EV training because I've got power items and pokerus so it really doesn't take long at all.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

I honestly don't EV train before the elite 4 because its not necessary besides I get bored of planning it out and having to keep at it. I'd rather play for fun first lol...but I have gotten into EV training alot more now since TMs are reusable and its become easier to EV train lol. I'm planning on creating an EV trained Team to explore the other areas I haven't reached/fully explored and for battling maybe?...idk I've never battled another actually player besides my sister and a few friends lol

P.S. I only EV train my favorites ) I could not possibly EV train and take the time for something I'm not fond of at all....
    POKEMON WHITE:
    CURRENT TEAM: (EV-TRAINED generation favorites team!!<3)
    ON HIATUS! WILL BE BACK IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS TO TRADE
    HAVE: 5th gen pokes, starters, eevee, rotom etc.
    ***TRADE SHOP!! WE OFFER LV1 pokes, ev trained pokes, shinies and items
    WANT: / Any shinies!!!!
    FC: 5457-8813-9862
    CURRENT PROJECT: BREEDING/SHINY HUNT Staryu
    HEARTGOLD
    CURRENT TEAM:
    HAVE:
    WANT:
    CURRENT PROJECT: Flying around...
    PEARL
    CURRENT TEAM:
    HAVE: can't breed yet
    WANT:
    CURRENT PROJECT: On to Hearthome City

I EV traiin after I beat the main storyline. But I don't EV tran before.

I never caught Pokerus until after I'd finished White and was halfway through Black, so I never EV trained anything and won't until I've beaten the first elite four in Black as well.

I just finishes EVing a haxorus, basculin, ferrothorn, thundurus, and darmanitan which has perfect atk and speed!!!

Click above and check out my YouTube channel!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast