Thread: Unova's oldest civilization..

Default Unova's oldest civilization..

So, the Desert Resort. Constant sandstorms.. Quicksand.. Old, crumbling towers.. Not really much of a resort. But you see, that's not the point of this thread.

Now, as we know, Desert Resort was once the home of an ancient civilization. One that Must have been strong, as they build there home in the desert, and created large towers that at the height of their time must have stood high and mighty above all else.

Alas, all was not well however. The people of that place simply faded away.. They vanished without a trace. But how? Was there some sort of war? A massive disaster? Earthquakes, landslides, sandstorms?

And what of the Pokemon of this place? We know that Cofagrigus makes its home deep in the vaults of the ruins. And what relation do that people make to the Sigilyph? And what about Sigilyph's odd unown like appearance? Could they be related? Could this mean the ancient civilization knew of the unown?

Whatever happened in this once bustling place we do not know. But we can guess. What are your theories on what transpired in this once mighty empire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 View Post
    If Pokémon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1y1uep.jpg[/IMG]

Credits for the picture above go to bulbagarden forum user "herbie".

Just some of my favorite Pokemon

Since the dex says Yamask were once humans, i believe they were cursed by someone or something and turned into a pokemon just like how some pokemon have the power to transform humans into pokmeon like Ninetails and Gardevoir in PMD.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrius View Post
    Since the dex says Yamask were once humans, i believe they were cursed by someone or something and turned into a pokemon just like how some pokemon have the power to transform humans into pokmeon like Ninetails and Gardevoir in PMD.
    I always thought that Yamask were a natural phenomenon, not a curse. When a human under normal conditions die, they become a ghost(think Ghost Marowak), but if they're mummified, they become Yamask.

Also, I believe that Sigilyph is an artificial life-form. Look at it-its clearly not based off any animal, and is just plain too weird for evolution of any universe to create without a trolling God
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Also, I believe that Sigilyph is an artificial life-form. Look at it-its clearly not based off any animal, and is just plain too weird for evolution of any universe to create without a trolling God
    By proxy, it is based off of an animal. It's designed is inspired by the Hummingbird Nazca Line, which is probably why it's found in the Desert Resort.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

They installed a Communist regime and ended up starving to death. The government hoarded crops, and directed the farmers to overwork the land. That's why the area's a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by lugia used splash View Post
    Whatever happened in this once bustling place we do not know. But we can guess. What are your theories on what transpired in this once mighty empire?
    I always assumed it was the battle between the two brothers that completely destroyed the ancients. I'm talking about the fight that split Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem apart. Didn't the myths say that Reshiram and Zekrom completely decimated Unova with fire and lightning?

The myths in both BW and BW2 mention the war quite a bit. It's even mentioned in the Swords of Justice's descriptions.

Edit: Sigilyph are probably man-made. They kept watch and protected the ancient cities. They didn't do their jobs very well.
    Last edited by diakyu; 26th March 2013 at 5:31 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I'll going to push this into the 5th generation section as it fits there better.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Credits for the picture above go to bulbagarden forum user "herbie".

Just some of my favorite Pokemon

Do you think that the same civilization that lived in the Desert Resort is the same civilization that built the Abyssal Ruins and created Golett and Golurk? If they are, that would mean that they were a very technologically advanced people, being able to create a huge, sprawling pyramid and automatons. If they aren't, then maybe the two are related in the disappearance of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Do you think that the same civilization that lived in the Desert Resort is the same civilization that built the Abyssal Ruins and created Golett and Golurk? If they are, that would mean that they were a very technologically advanced people, being able to create a huge, sprawling pyramid and automatons. If they aren't, then maybe the two are related in the disappearance of each other.
    I honestly think that they are. I also think that this same civilization built the Dragonspiral Tower not just to house Reshiram/Zekrom but also to keep Golett and Golurk safe. I can't help but feel that these people knew their end was coming, so they locked away what was precious to them and awaited their fate; they didn't want their creations, the Automatons, to die with them so they kept them safe.

That's my crackpot theory. So what's yours?

May you be waiting for me in the next Gen and forevermore.
    These are my babies. Be kind to them.

Default Abbysal Ruins Text

Hmm... the Relic Castle and Abyssal Ruins may be related... they might also be different castles owned by different brothers... In the Abbysal Ruins, there is some text involving (3), (4), (5) and (6). Also (3) and (4) change place in the other version... so, they might be Reshiram and Zekrom... however, in both versions, the King of Abbysal Ruins defeats (3) or (4) depending on the version. It goes like this :-

1F

Listen to King's words.
    Primes lead to truth.
    ----- First 4 Prime Numbers - 2, 3, 5, 7.
    King is brave.
    King never loses hope.
    King is kind.
    King has a dream.
    King is adventurous.
    King accepts all.
    King turns 2nd corner.
    King turns 3rd corner.
    King turns 5th corner.
    King turns 7th corner.

Have the heart of King.
    Here we praise King.
    King's light shines.
    King moves his people.
    King acts with love.
    King fought hatred.
    No king gets lost. / Go on, brave king.
    - The first one if you do not reach the middle pillar in 190 steps. The second one otherwise. I support the second one.

2F

Life is gratitude.
    Eating is receiving life.
    Good or evil isn't all.
    Do not be barbaric.
    One must not waste.
    All is precious.
    Wars create tears.
    Shine if agreed.
    - Middle Pillar; Flash (Shine) is need to move it.

3F

King talks to all beings.
    Saved all from waves.
    King is hope for all.
    Think act with love.
    Act strong if agreed.
    - Middle Pillar; Strength (Act Strong) is needed to move this pillar.

4F - Final Floor; Contains Relic Crown

King defeated (3)/(4) alone.
    (4)/(3) joined King in a day.
    King called (5) beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King (6).

The numbers seem to not represent quantity, but stand for different things... The 2nd turn, 3rd turn, etc. lines work on every floor to get to the middle pillar (except the final floor, which is just a clear room).
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 30th March 2013 at 9:57 AM.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Assuming that a castle has a prison, it could be implied that Yamask were once "prisoners", since Yamask were once human.

Just my theory.