View Poll Results: Which one will you buy? White Version or Black Version?

Voters
2119. You may not vote on this poll
  • White Version!

1,278 60.31%
  • Black Version!

845 39.88%
  • I can't decide!

112 5.29%
  • I'm going to wait for the 3rd installment!

144 6.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: White or Black? (and Why?)

White Version. Two reasons:

I thought less people would buy it (I was wrong), and I like the Version Exclusives alot more.

Black Version is what I wanted, but the version exclusives were kinda lame. In retrospect, I should have gotten Black, but looks like I got pinned with the one most people have. OH WELL.

I picked white because of Zekrom- I love electric types and I love dragon types

I got white because of Zekrom and White forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_Latias View Post
    White Version. Two reasons:

I thought less people would buy it (I was wrong), and I like the Version Exclusives alot more.

Black Version is what I wanted, but the version exclusives were kinda lame. In retrospect, I should have gotten Black, but looks like I got pinned with the one most people have. OH WELL.
    I also thought more people would get black, at least thats the vibe I got around these forums...

I got black. Why? Because if Yugioh taught me anything it's that the blue eyes white dragon is much better then the red eyes black dragon

Plus, who doesn't want a legendary with pointy crotch fur on the cover of their game?

Shameless advertising. For more silly cartoons click Here

I ended up getting White, because I like White forest and Zekrom. Black and White is the whole technology vs. nature thing, and even though I prefer the Opelucid City theme in Black, I think White forest will be worth it.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

I choose Black because my big brother and I decided on it. He likes Zekrom & I LOVE Reshiram...so of course he chose White & I chose Black. ;D
    So yeah...also I think that if we got the same versions, it'll be very hard on the both of us on completing the whole Pokedex, ya know? ^-^
    --> *Blaze Judgement* <--

I chose white solely on the forest concept when I was hearing about these games. Then once I got there, I was pretty bummed about it as I thought it was going to be bigger.

But I don't regret the choice because story-wise, N getting reshiram makes more sense to me. He's the one that grew up in nature with pokemon, and he wishes to do what he 'feels' is right. So the white pokemon, the representation of nature within the game should go to him while I get the darker, more city-like pokemon since I'm the city boy in the game. Plus, if you think about it, N makes you to be the antagonist the entire time and he should get the Pokemon that has looks that your generic "hero of light" would get. It just makes sense to me that way.
    Zekrom and Reshiram are even to me looks-wise, but story-wise I feel as if the protagonist getting the more "evil" looking one is a better twist than the player getting the "LIGHT ONE OMG I'M TEH GUD GUY!!" it just makes for deeper story to me as I'd rather seem imperfect. Then again, I'm overthinking. XD

I just chose White, not because of anything but a guess that I'd like it more than Black. But above is my reason now that I've beaten the game.
    Last edited by manifesto; 16th March 2011 at 6:21 PM.
    I am I, and I wish I weren't. -Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    I chose white solely on the forest concept when I was hearing about these games. Then once I got there, I was pretty bummed about it as I thought it was going to be bigger.

But I don't regret the choice because story-wise, N getting reshiram makes more sense to me. He's the one that grew up in nature with pokemon, and he wishes to do what he 'feels' is right. So the white pokemon, the representation of nature within the game should go to him while I get the darker, more city-like pokemon since I'm the city boy in the game. Plus, if you think about it, N makes you to be the antagonist the entire time and he should get the Pokemon that has looks that your generic "hero of light" would get. It just makes sense to me that way.
    Zekrom and Reshiram are even to me looks-wise, but story-wise I feel as if the protagonist getting the more "evil" looking one is a better twist than the player getting the "LIGHT ONE OMG I'M TEH GUD GUY!!" it just makes for deeper story to me as I'd rather seem imperfect. Then again, I'm overthinking. XD

I just chose White, not because of anything but a guess that I'd like it more than Black. But above is my reason now that I've beaten the game.
    Lol, same reason but vice-versa. After beating the game and having had to stare down Zekrom twice on the opposite side of the field... the red eyes, the dark almost armored body, the general shape of the body- it made me think that this was the enemy I had to deal with.

But as for really choosing black over white (since I only realized the above afterward), I just liked the technology half over nature. White forest had nothing I couldn't already get from a previous generation anyway (I never see this point brought up). Plus a black city filled with greedy people itching for a battle is more my style.
    Admittedly, I don't like Opelucid city in black. It's TOO futuristic. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Even the White version, though it looks old, looks reasonably proper. But the Tron lines, the music (which I like but is just not right for a pokemon game), and just the atmosphere feels out of place with the rest of Unova.
    Black:5243-1326-4116

I got white for White forest and the version exclusive pokemon.

I'll probably get Black eventually too just to play through the game slightly differently. I did the same with diamond and pearl, picking up pearl the first time because it's all that was for sale at the store I went to, then I found a cheap used copy of diamond. I'm still looking for a cheap HeartGold too.

I purchased both games, but one I gave to my brother so I guess I got white version.

I bought Black version, and I almost wish I got White, because of White Forest, because, even at full development, Black City isn't that exciting (not to me, at least). I'll get the third installment,too, but I want to know what will replace Black City/White Forest in said third installment.
    I'm lovin dis fith genorashun.
    I'll accept any free Zekrom donations.
    Black version FC- 5329 0220 6799

I'm getting White because of the better version exclusives and White Forest.

I'm also planning on getting pokemon Black in a month or so and the third game when it comes out,though.

I got black version because of Reshiram, the cover legendary is usually the factor for me in deciding the game I should get

WHITE! WHITE! WHITE!

For one, I just loved appeal White Forest had on me. I'd go for catching rare Pokemon to battling rare Pokemon any day.

Plus, Zekrom/Braviary looked amazing. <3333

Quote Originally Posted by totodile_man View Post
    I got white because of Zekrom and White forest.
    That's the same reason I got white

I'll be getting White, because I like White much better than Black as a color. (Although my favorite color is Green.) Even though I like Reshiram MUCH better than Zekrom, I'm pretty sure that I can exchange mine for a Reshiram from somebody else. Come on, how long have we all been waiting for a Fire Dragon? I have, at least, for a LONG time. Also, Zekrom looks like a robot. Braviary looks awesome, and Liligant seems better than Whimsicott. I have a Question. From what I've gathered, Rotation battles seem exclusive to Black, and Triple Battles exclusive to White. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by SSuperFreaKK View Post
    I'll be getting White, because I like White much better than Black as a color. (Although my favorite color is Green.) Even though I like Reshiram MUCH better than Zekrom, I'm pretty sure that I can exchange mine for a Reshiram from somebody else. Come on, how long have we all been waiting for a Fire Dragon? I have, at least, for a LONG time. Also, Zekrom looks like a robot. Braviary looks awesome, and Liligant seems better than Whimsicott. I have a Question. From what I've gathered, Rotation battles seem exclusive to Black, and Triple Battles exclusive to White. Is that true?
    No there a four rotation battles in black and one triple battle while in white there are four triple battles and one rotation battle. I much prefer rotation battles.

I got White because of Zekrom and because I prefer a more rural environment for Pokemon games. Although, I was disappointed when I heard that Gothita is exclusive to Black and Sawk is pseudo-exclusive. Braviary is also cooler than the vulture one. White Forest also interests me more than Black City because I'm more interested in catching Pokemon.

I'm a bit surprised that White is more popular than Black... it seemed like Black would be the primary version in the prerelease, but I suppose the fans have spoken.

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

white' cause im racist
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I've been going back and forth alot, but in the end I think I'm going for White because of White Forest and Braviary. Although I do like Reshiram better than Zekrom, and I'll miss Houndoom. But I can always trade for those I suppose.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/r0uj2o.jpg[/IMG]

I got both but I prefer White. It's got better exclusives in general.

Like someone said being a racist cause of having pokemon white:
    They had to have all Gymleaders black in pokemon black! Not just Lenora! And seriously... What's that Lenora doin' in pokemon white then...

But no seriously, I picked pokemon Black. Why? Cause of Black City and the pokemon (Hell no Reshiram... What's it by the way with the legendaries havin a 45 catch rate? Bring it back to 3!)
    I'm talking bout the pokemon: Houndour/-doom and Vullaby/Mandibuzz. Just for 2 pokemon I'm deciding? Yeah, cause I think all those Gen.5 pokemon suck and the English names suck even more. The only one havin a chance getting in SSBB2 (if it comes) is Zoroark, but ingame, it's weak. (It isn't the expected Dark-Lucario)

I hate it though, that Rotation and Triple battles are different per game. I want them both as much. And if Zekrom was in pokemon Black LIKE HE SHOULD BE, then it would be Black for everyone, definitely. -I don't even use legendaries, but it's way cooler-
    Black Team

White Team6 Badges

White, Because I like the pokemon in white more :P
    I Like Snivy.

<--Click Please ^_^

I (of course?) bought both. I tend to delete the game files on one game after sending the useful pokemon and items from the other. I'm choosing to make pokemon black the one that I restart over and over because I've never really been satisfied with available electric type pokemon. Zekrom being electric dragon is an awesome combo as is thundrus.
    WTT synchronizers for dittos named after their OT's ID #s ...offering UT hayley mews ...looking for shinies and event pokemon mostly ...please send a private message with trade offers

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast