Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Community POTW #7

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    So you can revenge kill things without setting up, like Salamence, also.
    Oh yeah, forgot Mence and Chomp aren't banned anymore... yet.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

EV fail. 252 is the max re re.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon>Espeon View Post
    EV fail. 252 is the max re re.
    what are you talking about?

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

To be honest, the mix set is almost always more dangerous than a one sided set. Hydro Pump is far more powerful than Shell Blade. Even Surf will deal more damage than Shell Blade with higher investment (a 252 invested Shell Blade deals as much as a 92 invested Surf).

If Cloyster's team is going to built around Cloyster sweeping, then there will be Rain so Hydro Pump will deal far more base damage than Icicle Spear (now compared 187.5 to 270). Therefore, I would suggest it is noted in a team-based situation the special side should be the focus with moves like Surf and Hydro Pump where as if Cloyster does not have a team to set it up, the focus should be physical with Icicle Spear being the main attraction. One's priority of accuracy should also be taken into account.

It should be mentioned Light Clay holding Reflect user is invaluable for the set since Cloyster will keep massive physical bulk if Reflect is up. Spikes also deals solid damage to counters of Cloyster like Ferrothorn and Empoleon.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot Mence and Chomp aren't banned anymore... yet.
    And maybe not ban. Even Lati@s most people mention that both of that not broken
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

Quote Originally Posted by GameMaster0000 View Post
    And maybe not ban. Even Lati@s most people mention that both of that not broken
    ...What?
    Anyway, a well-balanced EV spread is 252 Sdef, 129 Def, 129 Satk with a Sassy nature. Just throwing that out there. And is Rock Blast really necessary? It doesn't give very good coverage, so i'd rather use Aqua Ring.
    ~~
    Still waiting for Slaking...

Actually, Rock Blast gives pretty decent coverage, seeing as it hits Ice, Fire, Flying, and Bug effectively. But, Icicle Spear and *Water Move Here* cover flying and fire, and bug types aren't all that common, Rock Blast is optional.
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

Quote Originally Posted by bugcatchersdream View Post
    ...What?
    Anyway, a well-balanced EV spread is 252 Sdef, 129 Def, 129 Satk with a Sassy nature. Just throwing that out there. And is Rock Blast really necessary? It doesn't give very good coverage, so i'd rather use Aqua Ring.
    ~~
    Still waiting for Slaking...
    That EV Spread is garbage, why use a speed lowering nature on a poke that needs speed to sweep? And if it's a walling set, why not max HP? Rock Blast isn't very good but it's far better than Aqua Ring.
    ~~
    There's only been 7 pokemon out of 600+, it'll be Slaking's turn when we get to him.

The New, The Improved, The One and Only Cloyster Physical Sweeper @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Skill Link
    4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    Shell Smash
    Icicle Spear
    Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
    Return/Double-Edge/Explosion/Rock Blast

Instant Swords Dance + Agility. Icicle Spear is strongest attack. Water-attack of choice is secondary STAB, most important for blasting Steel and Fire types. Finally, Rock Blast is Cloyster's strongest non-STAB Physical attack under Explosion. Hidden Electric Power or Natural Gift are possibilities for hitting Water-types, especially Empoleon.
    Always remember Skill Link Rock Blast always outpowers STAB Shell Strike. Shell Strike has an effect and is about 5% more accurate, but Rock Blast can strike through Substitute, Focus Sash, and Sturdy (though Icicle Spear does that anyway).

Classic Offence @ Choice Band/Life Orb
    Skill Link
    248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spd
    Adamant (+Atk, -Spatk)
    Icicle Spear
    Razor Shell
    Rock Blast/Ice Shard
    Explosion/Rapid Spin/Spikes

Before Gen 5, if you wanted to run offensive Cloyster, this was how it was done. While it is true the "immediate power boost" is relatively moot due to Cloyster's mediocre Speed being acknowledged BEFORE it exchanges Defences for Speed, that isn't to say Cloyster isn't outpaced by everyone before a Shell Break. Furthermore, even after a Shell Break, Cloyster can still be outsped by certain Scarfers and priorities. Plus, the extra slot from dropping Shell Break benefits Cloyster's newfound four-slot syndrome.

Defensive @ Leftovers
    Shell Armor/Skill Link
    Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
    252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic Spikes/Toxic
    Razor Shell/Icicle Spear

No explanation.

Uberster @ Nevermeltice
    Skill Link
    Hasty (+Spd, -SpDef)
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SpAtk
    Shell Smash
    Ice Beam
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast/Ice Shard/Razor Shell

+2 Ice Beam will have a 41% to OHKO max HP AND SpDef Groudon. Adjust the Speed EVs as desired. Icicle Spear is Cloyster's strongest attack. Rock Blast is to hit Kyogre and a powerful attack in general. Shell Strike is Cloyster's strongest move of all in Rain and can get Def drops if the opponent tries to stall it out. Ice Shard murders Dragons if Cloyster cannot outspeed them, or in the case to compete with opposing Priority. Partners are Kyogre and DualScreen support.

Other Options
    It's possible to run a fully Cloyster Special set (with either Specs or Shell Break), but it gets highly outclassed and truthfully, it isn't very effective unless you have some plan going for using Blizzard. But that gets outclassed by Icicle Spear.

White Herb can cancel the Def drops from Shell Break or to nullify any Intimidate attempts before you actually use Shell Break, though it has little overall utility.

I'm sure there are more sets out there. Cloyster can work in multiple battles with Surf/Blizzard + Shell Smash.

I also did some calculations. Max HP is stronger than Max Def, UNLESS Cloyster happens to be running Impish. Then maxing Def would outpower maxed HP.

Of course, if you're running Impish, you'd probably max out both stats anyway.

Of course, you also must take into consideration Cloyster's SR Number.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophicalPsychologica View Post
    I also did some calculations. Max HP is stronger than Max Def, UNLESS Cloyster happens to be running Impish. Then maxing Def would outpower maxed HP.

Of course, if you're running Impish, you'd probably max out both stats anyway.

Of course, you also must take into consideration Cloyster's SR Number.

Thats wrong. No matter what maxing HP will ALWAYS help Cloyster more than maxing defense. This is true with just about all other Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophicalPsychologica View Post
    Uberster @ Nevermeltice
    Skill Link
    Hasty (+Spd, -SpDef)
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SpAtk
    Shell Smash
    Ice Beam
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast/Ice Shard/Razor Shell
    As surprised as I am to see cloyster able to battle in the uber tier, I'm not too shocked to ask if expert belt or life orb would be better. After all, rock blast could catch a reshiram or lugia on the switch. NMI wouldn't be much good there.
    Your GIF was too many KB and also inappropriate, so it was removed. This is your 2nd strike, so your entire signature was erased. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Thats wrong. No matter what maxing HP will ALWAYS help Cloyster more than maxing defense. This is true with just about all other Pokemon.
    Evo Stone Chansey.
    !!!

But yeah, it's true. Unless the Poke has a massively abnormally high HP base, HP should always be maxed before defenses. There is literally no excuse not to.

Leftovers Shuckle.
    !!!

Ice Shard can be used for ScarfChomp and Scarf *Insert dragon here*, But why running priority with a speed boosting move?
    Too bad it didn't get Swords Dance or even Waterfall.
        Spoiler:- Click or I will order you to dance with Justin Beiber:

(12:21:35) Udder Chaos: jb is gggggggaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    (12:21:45) Ray !: ^
    (12:21:48) GoreAndSuch: ^
    (12:21:51) adadadada: ^

Not that I ever liked it, but that would have been great for it. I guess Razor Shell's chance and Shell Break have to do it for this sweeper.
    Who is next?

Typhlosion is epic and has beaten the heck out of OUs!

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig. Started by Epicpip

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345