Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Default New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Well since the old thread is long gone I thought it appropriate to start all over.

Today I got Planet Robobot as a present.

Anyway this is a general discussion of the Kirby series from the very first game to the most recent one and all future games.

Since today is Christmas I thought it appropriate to ask this question.

What is your favorite winter-themed level in the Kirby series?

I think the one in Amazing Mirror (name escapes me at the moment) is the one for me.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May, Clemont (Bonnie)'s Dedenne/Sophocles' Togedemaru

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

I LOVE Amazing Mirror, but a classic that I come back to again and again is Kirby Air Ride. It's a really fun game for Gamecube (can be played on Wii obviously) and it's one that I hardly see anyone talk about because they don't know it exists. It's a real shame because Air Ride is a gem!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

I'm hoping that for the 25th anniversary, they remake Kirby 64 on the 3DS. Since they remade the NES game Kirby's Adventure on Game Boy Advance and the SNES game Kirby Super Star on Nintendo DS in the past, I figure they should keep the pattern going.

Well, considering they remade the N64 Legend of Zelda games, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they'll remake a few other N64 games for the 3DS, including Kirby 64.
    Hall of Fame (Will update as I finish/check my games):

Blue: Original Version Trainer Name: Camvqzy (I was 5!)

Omega Sapphire Trainer Name: Larson

I'd love to see a Kirby 64 remake (mainly to see what they could do with combos of newer abilities like Leaf and Water), but usually for a game to be remade there needs to be a lot of fan demand for it and I haven't seen anyone clamoring for a Kirby 64 remake (or any further Kirby remake for that matter). I don't think we're getting anything big for the 25th anniversary in general, we just had Planet Robobot and they probably won't have something major ready for next year. It'll probably be something more like Kirby's Dream Collection and either reuse assets from other Kirby games and/or consist of small minigames.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 29th December 2016 at 2:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm currently playing kirby superstar ultra. It isn't as good as my fav snes game superstar but it's still really good and one of my fav ds games =)

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

So you guys think there's gonna be a Kirby game on the Switch? If so, when do you think it will be released?

Kirby tends to be a late adopter of consoles, like Pokémon, and major 3D titles tend to get released at the end of a console cycle, to send that console off with a nice comfy game. So it should take a lot of time(about two-three years), ignoring a possible anniversary (re)release, of course.

That said, I fully expect a mobile Kirby in the near future.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Man, not a lot of discussion here. It seems quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Man, not a lot of discussion here. It seems quiet.
    Not a lot of kirby to talk about since its been about a year since Robobot

The 25th anniversary stuff is nice but its also basically japan only unless a game comes out of it later in the year

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Not a lot of kirby to talk about since its been about a year since Robobot

The 25th anniversary stuff is nice but its also basically japan only unless a game comes out of it later in the year
    There probably will be a Kirby game this year. Probably announced around E3, for the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    There probably will be a Kirby game this year. Probably announced around E3, for the Switch.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a compilation. Yearly kirbs aren't uncommon, but usually they alternate between mainline & spin off (2014 was TD, 2015 was rainbow curse, 2016 was robobot, it extends backwards). And having a spin off for their 25th anniversary is probably not the best of ideas?

I could easily see a HD compilation with Return, Triple Deluxe and Robobot with some bonus anniversary features (timeline, concept artwork, etc), for example.

During today's Nintendo Direct, they revealed that a new Kirby 3DS game is in production. Plus like Triple Deluxe before it, the sub-games from Planet Robobot are getting Deluxe versions on the 3DS eShop. The one for Team Kirby Quest is out now.

I hope the last boss in Kirby Clash Deluxe is something a bit more...unexpected, because I was a little let down by it just being Landia EX in the original.

Going to take a loooooong time to get there without any micro transactions, though.

"Multiplayer Action game" is such a weird specification that still manages to be entirely too vague.

I'm curious what the new game is too. I'm also hoping Nintendo did not actually spoil the final boss of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.
        Spoiler:- My thought:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an EX version of him, but after all the nostalgia bombs they've been throwing lately, I'm hoping for something more interesting.

There is a lot of fanservice with the equipment already, though,     Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Oh yeah, my brother and I had fun trying to figure out what the equipment silhouettes are.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I'm not really interested in the new kirby game. It looks like smash brothers with just kirby....

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I'm not really interested in the new kirby game. It looks like smash brothers with just kirby....
    Kirby Fighters/Kirby Fighters Deluxe is a lot closer to that than this game is.

Honestly if they're nostalgia-servicing then the final boss is clearly     Spoiler:- :
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

I'm not really interested in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe either, it wasn't really that fun in Planet Robobot so I won't be bothering with the expanded version. I did like 3D Rumble though, so I'll definitely be getting Blowout Blast. Great to see them doing more with that gameplay style and expanding on this with larger and longer levels, hopefully this means they're building up to a full scale 3D Kirby game sometime in the future. It's astounding how in 25 years this series has never had a proper 3D game.

As for the mystery game, again, I wouldn't expect much. We just had a big Kirby game last year, and now they're expanding on two of its mini games. All of that plus BYE-BYE BOXBOY and another full scale Kirby game seems like too much for HAL.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 14th April 2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
    Honestly if they're nostalgia-servicing then the final boss is clearly     Spoiler:- :
        Spoiler:- Team Clash Deluxe final boss spoiler:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 16th April 2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Does anyone know what it means if a Kirby is sparkling? One of the adventurer's I've summoned is like that. I don't think he's wearing anything special...

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi100 View Post
    Does anyone know what it means if a Kirby is sparkling? One of the adventurer's I've summoned is like that. I don't think he's wearing anything special...
    when you beat
        Spoiler:- :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast