Page 1 of 520 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS (and others)

Default Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS (and others)

Hey guys,

Since we have actual information on Smash Brothers 4, it's time to have a new Smash Brothers topic.

The rules are the same as SPPf (in addition to the rules below the trailers) but if it ends up going down the same road the previous iterations of said topics have, I won't hesitate to ban the offenders this time. I'm not going to punish everyone who wants to have a legitimate discussion based on the actions of a few.

Have at it, I'll edit the post with the official trailer as soon as it becomes available.

Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com

Trailer One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU

Trailer Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2KNyaoNV4

Rules.

1. Don't spout rumors without posting a legitimate source.

2. No arguing about who should be in and who should be cut. You don't get to decide as you're not Sakurai. I'm fine with saying "so and so shouldn't be in because..." but if you start a fight about it I will destroy you.

3. No character bashing, I realize this is already a part of SPPF rules but I want to reiterate it here.

4. Do not discuss fanmade hacks/mods/etc. The effort put into them is respectable, but Pokemon hacks aren't allowed so we can't be making an exception for the likes of Project M, Brawl± and the like.

I'll add more if more need to be added.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 2nd July 2014 at 5:56 AM. Reason: Added rule on fanmade mods
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

When I saw the Smash Bros symbol and then it turned to Animal Crossing, I thought Nintendo was trolling for a minute XD but no, is he a playable character? Eh, I don't think so, but that probably means they're using the stage.

But still--We got a new Smash Bros game!!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    When I saw the Smash Bros symbol and then it turned to Animal Crossing, I thought Nintendo was trolling for a minute XD but no, is he a playable character? Eh, I don't think so, but that probably means they're using the stage.
    He looked pretty playable from the trailer...
    Last edited by FusionKT; 11th June 2013 at 4:52 PM.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I like how both versions have a different art style. Maybe even version exclusive characters.

I wasn't excited. Then Mega Man.
    Done here.

Aaaaand the websites up.

http://www.smashbros.com
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    He looked pretty playable from the trailer...
    Maybe he's a 3DS exclusive?

OH, I see what you mean, my apologies. I guess that's what got lagged out of the stream. I didn't even see Megaman the first time around! What the crap computer!
    Last edited by Cometstarlight; 11th June 2013 at 4:59 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I was excited when they announced the Villager already, I was hoping for an Animal Crossing newcomer! Megaman was the cherry on the cake. Can't wait for more news!
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

I must say, I really like the graphics on the 3DS.

Day 1 purchase for me. I'm so freaking exicited!

I love how the 3DS Version's art is more cartoony while the Wii U version continues that realistic art style, I like it.

Villager looks like a really interesting, and trolly, moveset play style. New game and watch?

Mega Man, I wasn't expecting this, but he looks really fun and interesting.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

I know, right? =) It looks great, love the fake out they did with the town! Also that gameplay in both versions - and hopefully the roster - seem similar. That was one of my main concerns.

Really happy with the two newcomers. Villager is more my personal desire, and I'm glad Mega Man is in since it made his fans happy. Character wise, I hope R.O.B. and Olimar return and that Dillon is a newcomer (please no debates though), but so far, I'm really happy with the way things are turning out. I'll definitely try and main Villager. =3

I'm hoping to get the 3DS version. While I do prefer the Wii U version's graphics, it isn't too much of a big deal for me.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Awesome and it comes out next year! So great! Definitely going to get the Wii U Version. I hope Toon Link & Falco are still playable (main from Brawl & Melee respectively), though I will still be picking someone new to play as anyways.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I can't imagine what the Villager attacks are going to be. The Animal Crossing games do have Axes after all. xD

I'm a little iffy about Mega Man, but that may have something to do with the fact that I never played a Mega Man game.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

I wonder if the Yellow Devil is just a stage hazard for the Mega Man level, or if it's a boss in whatever this game's equivalent of Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary is.

I'd hope it's the latter, though I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as threatening as in the Mega Man games considering that you'd be able to just dodge its signature form of offense as opposed to having to maneuver around it.

I've never played Animal Crossing, so it'll be interesting to try out Villager (funny how that's the character's name xD). It took them long enough to get Mega Man, but hey, that'll be awesome to try him out as well. I don't think they'll be the secret characters, though, looks like they'll be on the line-up from the get-go. Still, very interesting. Looks like there are going to be a lot of moves this time around judging by the trailer for Mega Man. Perhaps we could even do attack combos?

And it looks like the Smash Ball is still in judging from Samus' Final Smash. And holy crap, the graphics! Not that I don't like the 3DS version, but the Wii U graphics are amazing! It makes me want to get a Wii U now! So excite for this, now!

So is it just called "Smash Brothers 4", or does it have another title to it like "Dojo" or something?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

The game is as yet without a subtitle. It's simply "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS" right now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I am so excited to see two new great characters, mainly Mega Man. Though I did notice they showed the logos of the characters in the game that have been in the game since the original Smash Bros except Earthbound. Ness being my favorite character, that gets me a little worried...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

That cg link! Otherwise, handheld levels on 3DS and console on wii u? Looks like it. Effing spirit tracks arena made me squeal and those black lines...buying 3DS version for sure.

I like how 3DS didn't use the graphic style from Uprising, that would looked awkward.
    The Wii U version looks top notch!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I swear, Sonic needs to be here, too. I've wanted a Mega Man vs Sonic vs Mario in Smash Bros. for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The game is as yet without a subtitle. It's simply "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS" right now.
    It's just a preliminary title? Yes, then Kerfuffle still has a chance.

(Not really. But it'd be hilarious.)

Shocked when they announced Mega Man. You guys said Capcom killed him off. This is being developed by Namco Bandai is it not? Oh well, can't wait!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I will totaly get that new Smash Bros. for the 3ds. can't wait to add to my library of games!
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I hope that the official site gets near-daily updates every day.

...Just realized super smash bros. crossfire as the title. Cross-platform, cross logo and its on fire. Anyone?

A Super Smash Bros. community has opened in Miiverse. Sakurai now posts comments there.

Page 1 of 520 123451151101 ... LastLast