182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 164 of 275 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 6863

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I found Demise to be incredibly annoying myself.
    How so? The death scene especially, but the whole fight was awesome.

I found Demise to be incredibly annoying myself.
    Electricity and the way how delivering hits can be a bit suicidal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    How so? The death scene especially, but the whole fight was awesome.
    What wiiboychris said.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I didn't really find it annoying. It actually tested a little bit of skill to fight him, especially in hero mode. I was forced to dodge, and use my shield like never before. I was forced to be an opportunist. In the first play through I didn't even know we could use Skyward Strikes in the 2nd phase of the battle. That made it even more challenging.

I didn't find the fight particularly challenging, that said, but it was definitely one of the more fun fights, and harder boss fights of the 3D games.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Shield bash made the first part of the fight a joke. It is literally shield bash, wail away, repeat.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I kind of agree about the shield bash, but you still have to time it. I have a friend who just couldn't get the timing for the shield bash down, and that was on a regular play through.

Hell, on my first play through, I didn't shield bash. I just dodged and waited for an opening. xD ( I definitely did things a lot more conventionally in hero mode.)
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    I would suggest that you play another Zelda game before SS. Some of the best things about SS are the back story and how different it is from other games. Ocarina of Time would be good to play before it.

I'm currently at about forty hours into it. I'm in the Sky Keep now, about to get the last Tiforce piece.
    I actually did play a little Ocarina of Time, I got up to the 3rd Temple in the future, but I did use a walkthrough for a lot of it which I'm trying not to for Skyward Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Here is some advice if you want to 100% SS including Hero mode. Skip upgrading most of your gear and skip most of the Goddess cubes and heart pieces. All the bugs and materials you have saved up will be transferred to your Hero mode and from there you can make life easier for yourself as long as you have the money to upgrade your gear.

My list of skippable upgrades:

Scattershot, no point really as it just give a shotgun shot that you barely use.
    Wooden Shield level 3, no point in going beyond level 2. Waste of resources.
    Iron Shield level 2 and 3, same as above.
    Sacred Bow aka level 3 , no point in getting this till hero mode.
    If you plan on getting the Hylian shield then skip upgrading the Sacred shield as well.

Of course this skip guide is for normal mode only and is designed to make you go through the plot faster instead of searching for stuff like the heart pieces.

Oh and a big thing is to skip the sidequests. That eats a chunk of time away from your adventure.

This is just my opinion on how to make the game shorter for you and 100% it at the same time. Its your Zelda experience, you decide how it goes.
    I'm not going to rush through the game, I will probably try to upgrade everything and I plan on doing sidequests
    Last edited by Serebii!; 11th January 2012 at 7:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Shield bash made the first part of the fight a joke. It is literally shield bash, wail away, repeat.

woot21 out dawgs
    Wait, you can shield bash him?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    I actually did play a little Ocarina of Time, I got up to the 3rd Temple in the future, but I did use a walkthrough for a lot of it which I'm trying not to for Skyward Sword
    Skyward Sword is much easier than previous Zelda games, going through without a walkthrough is simple enough.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Wait, you can shield bash him?

Skyward Sword is much easier than previous Zelda games, going through without a walkthrough is simple enough.
    You can shield bash to block his sword strike and then attack him. You can't stun him if that is what you are asking.

I was thinking of big, scaly Demise. Not final boss Demise. Was confused there for a bit.

Has anyone else listened to the 25th anniversary symphony album that comes with Skyward Sword? It's completely amazing. I just wish someone could transcribe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    Has anyone else listened to the 25th anniversary symphony album that comes with Skyward Sword? It's completely amazing. I just wish someone could transcribe it.
    Yes. I personally love the Wind Waker Symphonic Movement and Gerudo Valley tracks. The CD was one of the best things about getting Skyward Sword aside from the actual game itself, though I still regret not pre-ordering the game so I could have gotten the golden Zelda Wiimote as well.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Has anyone else listened to the 25th anniversary symphony album that comes with Skyward Sword?
    In the six weeks since release? I imagine someone has, yes.

It's completely amazing.
    That it is.

I just wish someone could transcribe it.
    "Transcribe" it...?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I love Skyward Sword. Easily my favorite game!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Transcribe" it...?
    Transcribe bring a musical term for one to take a piece of music and put it into sheet music, without the originals being used.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Transcribe" it...?
    Transcribe. He means he wants someone to record the exact notes of the songs by ear, so that other fans can play them on their own instruments.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 12th January 2012 at 3:56 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Yes. I personally love the Wind Waker Symphonic Movement and Gerudo Valley tracks. The CD was one of the best things about getting Skyward Sword aside from the actual game itself, though I still regret not pre-ordering the game so I could have gotten the golden Zelda Wiimote as well.
    I've listened to the CD tens of times over, but I have only a few hours on the game. School, Skyrim, etc. I have mixed feelings about Gerudo Valley. It's different, but I liked the Spanish feel the original version had. Then again, incorporating a guitar into a symphony isn't easy. Wind Waker was masterfully done, though. Same exact feel, but improved at the same time.

I got the bundle without pre-ordering it, for only $70 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. I also got the limited edition 3DS. Went HAM on my wallet that day.
    Last edited by Prelude; 12th January 2012 at 5:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    I like the CD better than the game...

My favourite is the plain old Zelda medley, because of Dragon Roost Island. When it gets to that point I tear up, every time. Dragon Roost Island is by far my favourite song from any Zelda game, and it's so masterfully recreated in that medley.

The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement is a close second. Is it obvious I like Wind Waker...?

Even more then slick I would say! As for the CD, it would be amazing, but there's no song of storms, and the main theme is used WAY too much. Sometimes the build up in the songs with it aren't even worth it.
    BLAH

It's hard for anyone to hide their love for Wind Waker seeing how it's so awesome. I concur with your belief that Dragon Roost Island has one of the best songs in any Zelda OST.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

As for the CD, it would be amazing, but there's no song of storms
    If you want a cool SOS version, go search DJEphixa Song of Storms Dubstep. Anyway, on to the main point.

Although SS is BEAST MODE, I was a little disapointed with the Sheikah Stone. Really, Nintendo? Giving us a walkthrough? Ughhhh. But aside from that, I love it. EXCEPT FOR THE SILENT REALM GOD I HATE THAT PLACE. Ahem. *cough*. Sorry.
    Back from hiatus...maybe. I think. So please excuse my blundering foolery, I still need to get back in to the hang of things.

~||-Espeon-||~

AdvanceShipping ftw! If anyone could reccomend me some good AdvanceShipping fanfics, that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Celebii21 View Post
    Really, Nintendo? Giving us a walkthrough? Ughhhh.
    You seem to be under the impression that you're forced to use the Sheikah Stones. If you don't like the idea of a walkthrough, don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebii21 View Post
    Although SS is BEAST MODE, I was a little disapointed with the Sheikah Stone. Really, Nintendo? Giving us a walkthrough? Ughhhh. But aside from that, I love it. EXCEPT FOR THE SILENT REALM GOD I HATE THAT PLACE. Ahem. *cough*. Sorry.
    As ~Sapphire Sceptile~ said, that Sheikah Stones are completely optional. I also found the Silent Realms quite easy. I never even saw a guardian take a swing at me despite running right through them.

I got Skyward Sword last Thursday and have been playing through, I am now up to Earth Temple. This is my first Zelda game and it is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    I got Skyward Sword last Thursday and have been playing through, I am now up to Earth Temple. This is my first Zelda game and it is awesome
    I highly suggest playing Wind Waker afterwards. If you can find a copy of it somewhere.

Page 164 of 275 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast