182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 165 of 275 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 6860

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I highly suggest playing Wind Waker afterwards. If you can find a copy of it somewhere.
    No, no, no. He must play the worst games and go up the ladder from there. He should get Zelda CD-i so that he completely ignores that one first.

Go play them in backwards order Serebi!.

So after SS is TP, WW, MM, OOT, and then LTTP. If you can find all of them.

As ~Sapphire Sceptile~ said, that Sheikah Stones are completely optional. I also found the Silent Realms quite easy. I never even saw a guardian take a swing at me despite running right through them
    I know you don't have to, but it just seemed kind of angering. Zelda games are renowned for their difficulty, and I felt this was a blow to that legacy. As for the Silent Realm, well...I just don't like them. And they are creepy.
    Back from hiatus...maybe. I think. So please excuse my blundering foolery, I still need to get back in to the hang of things.

~||-Espeon-||~

AdvanceShipping ftw! If anyone could reccomend me some good AdvanceShipping fanfics, that would be awesome

So, what do you guys make of this pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda Universe
    To paraphrase our new favorite companion: “I calculate a 5% possibility these rumors are true.” So please keep that in mind as you read further.

ScrewAttack noticed a very interesting image over at 4chan: an image which seems to point towards twin Zelda 3DS games, possibly dual-released like the Oracles games. The image depicts two Zelda titles with the kanji subtitles translating to “Fire Prophecy” and “Ice Prophecy” respectively.

Could these games be real? Hit the jump to read our take.

While the image looks a bit generic, and the titles certainly aren’t as evocative as Nintendo usually conjures up, it is interesting to note that back in early November Eiji Aonuma was quoted as saying:

“We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don’t think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS. We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous consoles.”

ScrewAttack says that shortly after Mr. Aonuma’s quote came out, IGN editorial team member Sam Claiborn is quoted as saying:

“Nintendo is working on at least two other Zelda games right now, and I can’t wait to see them.”

Originally thought to be a reference to a console game and a handheld each, in light of this rumor it is possible it was referring to these twin games.

Again, this is simply a rumor at this time, and not even a likely one at that. But we will keep you posted on any further developments as we become aware of them.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

The first word that comes to mind when seeing these new games is , "Is CAPCOM the ones that are helping Nintendo make those games?". Just seemed like they would since that they worked on the Oracle games which both were paired games. Though if that is the case for CAPCOM and Nintendo is working together to publish these games , Then that would leave Grezzo time to work on Majora's Mask 3D. That would work out for me any day of the week to add 3 new Zelda games to me 3DS collection between this year and next year.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    No, no, no. He must play the worst games and go up the ladder from there. He should get Zelda CD-i so that he completely ignores that one first.
    I don't think we want to torture the poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebii21 View Post
    I know you don't have to, but it just seemed kind of angering. Zelda games are renowned for their difficulty, and I felt this was a blow to that legacy. As for the Silent Realm, well...I just don't like them. And they are creepy.
    They're renowned for their difficulty? I never associated them with such. The Sheikah Stones are Nintendo's way of allowing players who are having difficulty to enjoy the game more, rather than dumbing down the entire experience so no one would ever need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrax View Post
    So, what do you guys make of this pic?
    I'm gonna wait until we have something more concrete than that image before I go believing that these games are real. It'd be neat, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Twin Zelda games for the 3DS would be a cool idea, but like Hydrohs said, it's best to just wait before believing it. Would be nice to see a return to twin Zelda games, like with the Oracle games.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Celebii21 View Post
    I know you don't have to, but it just seemed kind of angering. Zelda games are renowned for their difficulty, and I felt this was a blow to that legacy.
    Your perception is not reality. Complaining about something 100% optional is completely baseless.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I just saw 4 swords free on the dsi shop channel!
    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2324-6674
    IGN: Cal

Yes, it's been there for months, free to anyone with a DSi (XL) or a 3DS.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Your perception is not reality. Complaining about something 100% optional is completely baseless.
    Sorry? I guess I got carried away. You see, Zelda games are really hard for me...(sometimes). I apologize.
    Back from hiatus...maybe. I think. So please excuse my blundering foolery, I still need to get back in to the hang of things.

~||-Espeon-||~

AdvanceShipping ftw! If anyone could reccomend me some good AdvanceShipping fanfics, that would be awesome

New, probably faked, titles are revealed: time for some speculation despite having zero information on the game!
    Hmm, Fire and Ice Prophecy. Maybe its two separate ways that Hyrule gets screwed up(again) and Link attempts to stop that happening. Since we're getting two games and Ninty seems to care for timeline more than in the days of the Oracle games, expect the timeline to be ripped apart and haphazardly glued together somehow. But of course these don't exist anyway.
    As for the Sheikah stones, my only objection against them is the 'Extras' category, which shows you how to find some of the harder in-game secrets. I know it's all optional, but still...argh screw my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Yes, it's been there for months, free to anyone with a DSi (XL) or a 3DS.
    Wow I feel like an idiot
    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2324-6674
    IGN: Cal

Those two games now seem kinda fishy since I saw somewhere that the logos came from 4chan. We all do now how 4chan ain't one of these trustworthy places when it comes to information. Yeah , 4chan is one of those infamous places on the web these days. Though something like it originally coming from 2channel would seem more likely since 2channel is more trustworthy than 4chan any day of the week.

But hey , Just give it till GDC 2012 or possibly the next random Nintendo 3DS conference they have to deem these true or not. Then we shall now the truth behind this matter.

They came from 4chan.

That's enough to stop all speculation about double games. Let's keep talking about how Link is able to barge into people's houses...and SLEEP in their beds!

They came from 4chan.

That's enough to stop all speculation about double games. Let's keep talking about how Link is able to barge into people's houses...and SLEEP in their beds!
    I did that in every house hoping that someone would get mad at me... but no one ever did. You can even sleep with that guy's wife I think.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

No one is safe in Skyloft anymore since Link breaks into other peoples houses just to rest in their beds. That means fathers have to protect their daughters , young ladies better shut your doors to your rooms , and Shop owners better leave your store to shut your houses' door since a so-called hero is going to break into their house. I do think that they should invite something like a security system for Skyloft just to stop him from notorious house breaking into crimes.

Now I got that out of my system , Technically Majora's Mask is the only 3D game that don't have Gannondorf as the final boss. Though you might argue Skyword Sword don't have Gannon as the final boss either but it technically does. That being since Gannon is in existence since of the Demise's curse on Link's bloodline.

Skyloft Knights are like old soldiers. They must be given refuge in civilians' houses or else they won't save people from dumbly falling down into Hyrule.

Skyloft Knights are like old soldiers. They must be given refuge in civilians' houses or else they won't save people from dumbly falling down into Hyrule.
    I would rather have just lost a heart instead of having to listen to those stupid lectures every time.

I would rather have just lost a heart instead of having to listen to those stupid lectures every time.
    One of the worst parts about SS IMO. I dunno what the problem was with going out at night and flying. Aren't you technically a Senior anyways?

I'm really not sure myself, I can't think of any reason. Can't think of anything it would have broken from a programming perspective.

I'm really not sure myself, I can't think of any reason. Can't think of anything it would have broken from a programming perspective.
    It wouldn't have and "programming" reasons probably shouldn't be considered in this case at all.
    It's more likely that there's no real reason for the day night system outside (err, inside?) of the 3 sky areas. It's where all the civilization is and nothing else would really be affected by it on the surface. So it's just used for special events (getting the Goddess Sword, etc) and & sidequests.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    It wouldn't have and "programming" reasons probably shouldn't be considered in this case at all.
    It's more likely that there's no real reason for the day night system outside (err, inside?) of the 3 sky areas. It's where all the civilization is and nothing else would really be affected by it on the surface. So it's just used for special events (getting the Goddess Sword, etc) and & sidequests.
    Well they've already got the day night system, all you need for night is a lightning change, nothing else on the surface world had to have changed. It's just odd, in my opinion.

Well they've already got the day night system, all you need for night is a lightning change, nothing else on the surface world had to have changed. It's just odd, in my opinion.
    Maybe they kept the overworld daylight so the silent realms held greater contrast?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Maybe they kept the overworld daylight so the silent realms held greater contrast?
    That could be it. Or maybe they simply wanted to torment us by not allowing us to fly.

Page 165 of 275 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast