171 25.30%
  • Wind Waker

171 25.30%
  • Ocarina of Time

287 42.46%
  • Others

213 31.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 166 of 264 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6577

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That could be it. Or maybe they simply wanted to torment us by not allowing us to fly.
    I they should've given us the headlights/helmet that the knight's Loftwing's wear as an item for our Loftwing.
    As for the surface, it'd actually be pretty cool to go there at night. More monsters & Cursed Bokoblins won't be a problem as we could receive the Loftwing headlight in the later parts of the game. An optional Lantern as a pouch item would be a good idea as well, not to mention a larger variety of nocturnal insects.
    Oh, and Eldin's lava at night would be beautiful. I think the only bad thing about the surface at night would be the complete lack of background music. But that's part of the night's atmosphere and constrast to day.
    The more I think about this the more I realise this is a decent idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

It's official , Those paired games that leaked on 4chan are 100% fake. One of the big things that actually pointed it out that they where fake besides the fact it came from 4chan was that the fire was written in kanji and ice was written in katakana. It would make it less obvious to be a fake was if the person that came up with those fake logos should have made both fire and ice in kanji or katakana. Then again fakes these days are getting pretty good since of programs like Adobe Photoshop for example.

Attack on Valm...

I don't think there were a whole lot of people who actually thought they were real...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I actually thought that they where real until I read that the logos originally came from 4chan. That total set it off as total fakes since that trusting something that came from 4chan is like the Black Market. They are both shady places that you would more than likely ripped-off even if they sound that they are real.

But hey , It would be more than likely we would hear true info about the Zelda 3DS game come Game Developers Conference in March. Though it might be like Super Mario 3D Land in which the announced it at GDC and didn't reveal the title till E3.

Attack on Valm...

I was thinking more along the lines of Nintendo already doing this with Pokemon and bringing Zelda into the mix as 2 separate games wouldn't be a good idea. Oracle games didn't sell to well if I remember correctly.

i would love to see a few zelda games realesed in the pokemon realese format like the oracle games
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    i would love to see a few zelda games realesed in the pokemon realese format like the oracle games
    It works for Pokemon because there are monsters to be traded. But Zelda? No!

I refuse the idea of having to buy 2 $40 games just to experience the adventure in each game. If Nintendo does that then I will simply not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    It works for Pokemon because there are monsters to be traded. But Zelda? No!

I refuse the idea of having to buy 2 $40 games just to experience the adventure in each game. If Nintendo does that then I will simply not buy it.
    Have you ever played either Oracle games? The two are completely different. The only thing that's the same is that they both star Link.

I'd love to see them do what they were originally intending with the Oracle games, there were supposed to be three games, one for each part of the Triforce and the games were built around that idea. Which was why Ages was much more puzzle-centric and Seasons had more action.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Have you ever played either Oracle games? The two are completely different. The only thing that's the same is that they both star Link.

I'd love to see them do what they were originally intending with the Oracle games, there were supposed to be three games, one for each part of the Triforce and the games were built around that idea. Which was why Ages was much more puzzle-centric and Seasons had more action.
    Seasons was also going to be a Zelda 1 remake, Ages I believe a Zelda 2 remake, and "Courage" was going to be a new thing iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Seasons was also going to be a Zelda 1 remake, Ages I believe a Zelda 2 remake, and "Courage" was going to be a new thing iirc.
    Seasons and Ages are what they're supposed to be, they had to cut the Courage game because of the difficulty of having three different games connect to each other in order to unlock the full story, so they settled with two.

EDIT: Did some more reading, very early on they were supposed to be remakes as you said. But they encountered issues even then, which is when they because the Oracle series. The series is plagued with trouble xD
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 18th January 2012 at 3:31 AM.

I have still been playing Skyward Sword, I just reached Lanayru Mining Facility and I got stuck for a bit but I found the Gust Bellows. I have been trying to upgrade my equipment, I find it takes a while to collect large amounts of rupees to buy expensive items

Have people listened to the CD that comes with Skyward Sword, I would but I don't have a CD player
    Last edited by Serebii!; 18th January 2012 at 5:20 AM.

I refuse the idea of having to buy 2 $40 games just to experience the adventure in each game. If Nintendo does that then I will simply not buy it
    Reply in bold. I know they are different experiences which is why I would not like the game split into 2. Then I would have to spend $80 most likely just to experience both games and whatever minor differences they have from the other version.

But you're okay with Pokémon doing it.

Also, the Oracle games sold just fine.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    But you're okay with Pokémon doing it.

Also, the Oracle games sold just fine.
    Yes because that is the basis of pokemon. To capture monsters and trade them between friends and battle with them. Zelda doesn't need that. Maybe some co-op sections in console Zelda or something akin to 4 swords but not split the game into 2.

Its nintendo's property so they can do whatever, but I'm just voicing my opinion that if they did do something like that, I wouldn't buy it.

Maybe some co-op sections in console Zelda or something akin to 4 swords but not split the game into 2.
    The Oracles weren't "split into 2". They were two distinct and separate titles conceived and developed with each other and a shared, linked final scenario in mind.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    Have people listened to the CD that comes with Skyward Sword, I would but I don't have a CD player
    You have a computer.

Reply in bold. I know they are different experiences which is why I would not like the game split into 2. Then I would have to spend $80 most likely just to experience both games and whatever minor differences they have from the other version.
    Do you skip every second Zelda game? No one is saying you have to buy both at once.

Zelda games discussion?

Here I will proceed to discuss how the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are the best Zelda games ever.

Wind Waker was highly criticized for the art style prior to release, but after people played it, it quick became regarded as the best Zelda game ever.

Twilight Princess was an excellent evolution on the mechanics and artstyles introduced in WW>

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Here I will proceed to discuss how the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are the best Zelda games ever.
    Nokthx

Zelda games discussion?

Wind Waker was highly criticized for the art style prior to release, but after people played it, it quick became regarded as the best Zelda game ever.

Twilight Princess was an excellent evolution on the mechanics and artstyles introduced in WW>
    TP gets a bad rap, I think. I really enjoyed the game, the aesthetic and its gameplay, despite some of its issues; I think I enjoyed it more than Ocarina honestly.

Except the twilight realm dungeon and its terrible ball masters
    Last edited by R_N; 19th January 2012 at 8:56 PM.

I don't know why I haven't bothered to join in on this thread yet but anyway...

I finished Skyward Sword the other day, I quite liked it but it didn't feel like an open world like the other Zeldas, the different areas felt too isolated to me. Demise was also a lot easier than I expected, kind of a letdown.
    Zelda games discussion?

Despite its bad rep, I really liked Twilight Princess, a ton of dungeons, realistic art style, awesome bosses, probably one of my favorite Zelda games.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    TP gets a bad rap, I think. I really enjoyed the game, the aesthetic and its gameplay, despite some of its issues; I think I enjoyed it more than Ocarina honestly.

Except the twilight realm dungeon and its terrible ball masters
    Some issues people had with TP was on the GC version, and it was because of the complete-mirroring of left and right and the controls.

I played it on Wii, and it was an excellent experience.

I can agree the twilight realm was a weaker dungeon.

It's been a while since I played it, but my fav. dungeon is the Temple of Time.

Favorite boss? Ganon's Puppet: Zelda.

Twilight Princess was all right, I suppose. I just didn't really like the art style tbh.

The bosses were great though, I'll give them that. Stallord and Argorok are two of my favourite in the series, although I think Koloktos is my all time favourite.

i liked tp just not the art style
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Some issues people had with TP was on the GC version, and it was because of the complete-mirroring of left and right and the controls.
    The GCN version is the original version. It was mirrored when they ported it to the Wii.

I don't really remember anything from Twilight Princess, not very memorable for me. Don't remember disliking it, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Twilight Princess was all right, I suppose. I just didn't really like the art style tbh.

The bosses were great though, I'll give them that. Stallord and Argorok are two of my favourite in the series, although I think Koloktos is my all time favourite.
    I thought the art style was a nice progression from Ocarina. I thought it was interesting how they took some of the WW design principles and applied to the more "realistic" art style.
    TP also has my favorite dungeon: Snowpeak Mansion

Page 166 of 264 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast