View Poll Results: Favorite Zelda game

Voters
701. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Princess

    181 25.82%
  • Wind Waker

    173 24.68%
  • Ocarina of Time

    292 41.65%
  • Others

    223 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 210 of 275 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6859

Thread: Zelda games discussion

  1. #5226
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I just reaslized;
    With the Collector's Edition being released on GameCube, and then TP being released on the Wii, what are the odds that our first Wii U Zelda will be a remake/port?
    And besides it's unlikely that Nintendo will create a remake/port as the first Zelda Wii U game when the same concept received a relatively lukewarm reception on the 3DS, especially as the Wii U is quite devoid of any 'killer' first-party games at the moment.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  2. #5227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    when the same concept received a relatively lukewarm reception on the 3DS
    Wait, what? 2.5 million units worldwide, and that was as of nearly a year ago.

    I know you said "relatively", but even relatively speaking, that isn't what one would call "lukewarm".
    Last edited by BCVM22; 16th December 2012 at 11:20 AM.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  3. #5228
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Wait, what? 2.5 million units worldwide, and that was as of nearly a year ago.

    I know you said "relatively", but even relatively speaking, that isn't what one would call "lukewarm".
    I'm not denying that the game itself did well in terms of sales and reviews (it is Ocarina of Time, after all), but note the use of the word 'concept'. I think a lot of people were mildly to very disappointed that the first Zelda 3DS game was a remake, and I'm sure that a lot of people here, myself included, were hungry for a brand-new handheld game instead of a remake.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  4. #5229
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    glitz pitz arena
    Posts
    33

    Default

    my favorite zelda game is links awakening because of all the mario references

  5. #5230
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    No
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paperchainchomp View Post
    my favorite zelda game is links awakening because of all the mario references
    Links awakening has the most camoe apperances in the whole series. It has Goombas and the eating plants and even a small section of mario platforming in the second dungeon. It even has Kirby and the werid kirby fish in and next to the fourth dungeon or something like that.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

  6. #5231
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Golden State!
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I saw an interview with Eiji Anouma and Miyamoto about SS and they admitted that when they were making TP they wanted it for the Wii because TP was being made when the Wii first came out so they wanted to take advantage of the Wii's controls to make the TP feel like SS but they didn't do very well with making TP feel as realistic with the controls as SS.
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

  7. #5232
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSoulSilver View Post
    I saw an interview with Eiji Anouma and Miyamoto about SS and they admitted that when they were making TP they wanted it for the Wii because TP was being made when the Wii first came out so they wanted to take advantage of the Wii's controls to make the TP feel like SS but they didn't do very well with making TP feel as realistic with the controls as SS.
    Has no one ever taught you about run-on sentences?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #5233
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your basement
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'm not denying that the game itself did well in terms of sales and reviews (it is Ocarina of Time, after all), but note the use of the word 'concept'. I think a lot of people were mildly to very disappointed that the first Zelda 3DS game was a remake, and I'm sure that a lot of people here, myself included, were hungry for a brand-new handheld game instead of a remake.
    Well then, if it did well in terms of sales and reviews, there was no lukewarm reception and thus no economical reason to not remake another. The vocal minority don't dictate the actions of companies. Its like the age-old argument that "people are getting bored of Pokemon and it will stop selling. " The target audience for those games cycles as the younger children grow, and the few people (by few I mean a low percentage, not just a few dozen) that complain are ultimately irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Has no one ever taught you about run-on sentences?
    Look at the lack of proper punctuation in the previous posts... quite ugly...
    Last edited by Skydra; 22nd December 2012 at 4:43 AM.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

    Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle



  9. #5234
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Golden State!
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Has no one ever taught you about run-on sentences?
    Haha. Very funny. Are you my English teacher?
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

  10. #5235
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Well then, if it did well in terms of sales and reviews, there was no lukewarm reception
    Sales, yes. Reviews, yes. Fanbase? Perhaps not. That is wherein the lukewarm comment lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    and the few people (by few I mean a low percentage, not just a few dozen) that complain are ultimately irrelevant.
    I don't think many people are complaining, no, but like I said, I don't think anyone would have chosen a remake over an original Zelda game on the 3DS, given the choice.

    Although I realise that I am being quite hypocritical here as I'm currently reporting on an article which happens to talk a lot about the importance of remakes and the argument for a MM 3D. It boils down to personal opinion on a large scale.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  11. #5236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Sales, yes. Reviews, yes. Fanbase? Perhaps not. That is wherein the lukewarm comment lies.
    The point was made, though. The game sold well and reviewed well. Don't the two of those together cancel out any "lukewarm" reception on the part of the "fanbase" as far as what matters?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #5237
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The point was made, though. The game sold well and reviewed well. Don't the two of those together cancel out any "lukewarm" reception on the part of the "fanbase" as far as what matters?
    I don't particularly know what you mean by "cancelling out" the reception in the fanbase, but I know that no matter how well a game happens to perform in terms of sales or reviews, my view of favouring original games being released over remakes won't change.
    However I think my flaw in my argument may have stemmed from speaking on behalf of the fans with the apparent "lukewarm" reaction.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  13. #5238
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSoulSilver View Post
    Haha. Very funny. Are you my English teacher?
    I'd love to be, as long as it will make you stop typing paragraphs as a single sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    However I think my flaw in my argument may have stemmed from speaking on behalf of the fans with the apparent "lukewarm" reaction.
    And that is the issue, of the millions of people who bought the game you're only hearing of a lukewarm reaction from a small fraction of them.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #5239
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Unova Region
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Lukewarm? Oot wasn't a port. They actually REMADE it. It's like half between a new game with a hint of nostalgia. It's amazing and my fav game review sites agree... (IGN, Engadget, Kotaku, Game Informer)
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

    I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

    PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

  15. #5240
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Lukewarm? Oot wasn't a port. They actually REMADE it. It's like half between a new game with a hint of nostalgia. It's amazing and my fav game review sites agree... (IGN, Engadget, Kotaku, Game Informer)
    It... was definitely a port. The improved the graphics, that's it. It's the exact same game.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  16. #5241
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    And that is the issue, of the millions of people who bought the game you're only hearing of a lukewarm reaction from a small fraction of them.
    Yes. Hopefully in future I will be able to keep my personal opinions and simple fallacies out of my arguments.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  17. #5242
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I don't think anyone would have chosen a remake over an original Zelda game on the 3DS, given the choice.
    Actually, it's the only reason I bought the 3DS. I enjoy many Zelda games, but to this day, OoT remains my favorite game of all times. (I also bought a N64 so I could get it in its original form)
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

    Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

  18. #5243
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of the livid dead.
    Posts
    915

    Default

    I beat Minish Cap yesterday, after having a long hiatus of not playing it. I thought it was going to be way harder... It was still hard, just not in the impossible range as I was expecting and heard about. It just took a long time. Hopefully the next time I play this I won't get as stuck easily and will start doing sidequests earlier.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

    Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

  19. #5244

    Default

    Began playing skyward Sword today and made it to the David Bowie boss battle in the first temple. That temple seems so odd compared to past games. much easier. I actuall enjoyed the battle with him even if I lost. Got my heart potion and ready to take him on. Only issue with the game is the beetle flying and bird flying.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

  20. #5245
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Start of a new year for some of us soon so Happy New years! I'm looking forward to seeing a Zelda title this year for the 3DS. Also at the very least I would like an announcement for a Wii U Zelda. Take care and have fun guys.

  21. #5246
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Unova Region
    Posts
    166

    Default

    In telling you! Anouma announced that a Zelda 3DS title would be released in 2013-14, but his only hint was:
    "It will be a game where 3D really matters"
    Zelda 3DS is in the works.... But like his games, Anouma likes to allow us to ponder for awhile....
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

    I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

    PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

  22. #5247

    Default

    Not quite. He said what anyone could have told you: that Zelda will have a further presence on the 3DS and that they were working on innovative ways to use the 3D. He said nothing about release dates, and he didn't "announce" anything specific.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  23. #5248
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Unova Region
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Anouma has said very little, I know. But that is ,more than I can say for the WiiU.....
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

    I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

    PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

  24. #5249
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Symphony of the Goddesses Tour to visit London in May.

    I have strongly mixed feelings. I'm ecstatic that we Brits are able to get another chance to experience the incredible music at the Apollo for the second year running, but I'm totally skint and tickets go on sale on Monday. Typical.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  25. #5250
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    In telling you! Anouma announced that a Zelda 3DS title would be released in 2013-14, but his only hint was:
    "It will be a game where 3D really matters"
    Zelda 3DS is in the works.... But like his games, Anouma likes to allow us to ponder for awhile....
    he said nothing about the dates, but he did say that they were making a game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Symphony of the Goddesses Tour to visit London in May.

    I have strongly mixed feelings. I'm ecstatic that we Brits are able to get another chance to experience the incredible music at the Apollo for the second year running, but I'm totally skint and tickets go on sale on Monday. Typical.
    if it ever comes to michigan then i'm all ears.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 210 of 275 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •