182 25.93%
  • Wind Waker

173 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.60%
  • Others

223 31.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 218 of 275 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 6865

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    Hi people, I've never played a Zelda game before so do you think Ocarina Of time 3d is a good start?
    Anything after A Link to the Past is a good place to start. I feel that the games before ALttP haven't aged quite as well, so they'd be harder for someone new to the series to get in to.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I've just ordered the standard edition of Hyrule Historia, since the German Amazon cancelled my Collector's Edition order today, and I can see the French site doing the same over the coming days. At least they gave me a €5 voucher, unlike the UK site (which now lacks even the standard edition), so I ordered with them. It'll take a few weeks to arrive, though. I really should have ordered with Forbidden Planet when I had the chance. I'll never let their slightly-higher prices and postage charges put me off again. :|

I'm starting to near the end of my Skyward Sword Hero Mode run. I'll be taking on the Eldin Silent Realm next. I didn't find the previous two Silent Realms to be difficult at all; the guardians awoke only once in both, which is quite a change from my first playthrough. I just hope this one - and Skyloft's - doesn't give me any trouble.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 15th February 2013 at 6:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    I would say yes. Ocarina of Time (N64 version, though) was my first Legend of Zelda game and I loved it enough that I became a Zelda fan just from that game, having played most of the subsequent Zelda games.
    I have never played a Zelda game before last year. Gasp all you want. Oot 3D changed that forever and I spent that summer doing some serious catching up. Oot MQ 3D, Zelda II (NOT recommended for start, but good anyways), the original, Phantom Hourglass (had it for awhile but never touched it before), and Skyward Sword-played through all last summer. So yes, Oot is a GREAT start
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

I finished Hyrule Historia today. Very nice book. Seeing the concept art is especially neat, there were so many odd renditions of characters that didn't make the cut. Reading through the timeline actually confused me, it had made sense to before I had examined it in detail.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You know, I was thinking about the non-linear, not having to play by yourself lines, and it hit me. Miiverse intergration would allow Nintendo to go balls deep in difficulty, perhaps utilizing it in a Demons Souls type way. More importantly, the non-linearity would be able to be implemented with this, allowing for some truly amazing OW design. I think I just hyped myself beyond reason.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    You know, I was thinking about the non-linear, not having to play by yourself lines, and it hit me. Miiverse intergration would allow Nintendo to go balls deep in difficulty, perhaps utilizing it in a Demons Souls type way. More importantly, the non-linearity would be able to be implemented with this, allowing for some truly amazing OW design. I think I just hyped myself beyond reason.
    I think you did too... Nintendo is probably one of the last companies to take one of their biggest franchises into Demons/Dark Souls territory. They're not exactly approachable by everyone.

I found Wind Waker too tedious, most of the games is the slow sailing and fetch quests which ruins an otherwise brilliant game.

I hope they fix that in the WiiU remake
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by arronishere View Post
    I found Wind Waker too tedious, most of the games is the slow sailing and fetch quests which ruins an otherwise brilliant game.
    The game is beautiful because of the sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The game is beautiful because of the sailing.
    I disagree, the looks and designs are seperate from the sailing. The problem I found with the sailing was after the first few times it became a chore, it works the first time to make it seem epic and big but then you realise much of the world is an empty sea combined with having to change the wind all of the time just ends up with tedious gameplay even more so when they scrapped the number of dungeons in favour of more sailing. If they had balanced or structured the sailing chores with the dungeons better I would of enjoyed it alot more but hours of finding charts to me isn't Zelda.

I disagree, the looks and designs are seperate from the sailing. The problem I found with the sailing was after the first few times it became a chore, it works the first time to make it seem epic and big but then you realise much of the world is an empty sea combined with having to change the wind all of the time just ends up with tedious gameplay even more so when they scrapped the number of dungeons in favour of more sailing. If they had balanced or structured the sailing chores with the dungeons better I would of enjoyed it alot more but hours of finding charts to me isn't Zelda.
    I love sailing through the world, listening to the music, watching the water and the seagulls. I don't know about you, but I don't have to change the wind very often. I find out where I'm going, make sure the wind blows in that direction and go there. Besides which, there are very few charts that you actually need to find, and you don't have to get any of the treasure charts if you don't like the sailing.

This so much. Wind Waker had a good concept, but the fact that so much of the world map was empty ocean was just... a waste. The setting was absolutely enormous, it always baffled me why they didn't fill it up more, or even just make islands bigger (most non-plot essential islands could be fully explored within a minute or so). Such a waste.

I'm hoping that for the WiiU remake, they'll either 1) Increase the sailing speed or 2) Flesh out the map more. But I'm not holding my breath.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I love sailing through the world, listening to the music, watching the water and the seagulls. I don't know about you, but I don't have to change the wind very often. I find out where I'm going, make sure the wind blows in that direction and go there. Besides which, there are very few charts that you actually need to find, and you don't have to get any of the treasure charts if you don't like the sailing.
    Sailing was a lot of fun in the game but I found that I had to constantly change the wind direction on multiple occasions, most noticeably when I was filling up my sea chart. Not only were all the Fishermen a pain to find even without the wind mechanic, but the wide expanse of sea made navigation extremely tiresome at times.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Sailing was a lot of fun in the game but I found that I had to constantly change the wind direction on multiple occasions, most noticeably when I was filling up my sea chart. Not only were all the Fishermen a pain to find even without the wind mechanic, but the wide expanse of sea made navigation extremely tiresome at times.
    Maybe it's because I've played it so much, but I find the fish are easy to locate. They're always near the island and you can see them from far enough away that you can adjust your course to collide with them quite easily.

I think you did too... Nintendo is probably one of the last companies to take one of their biggest franchises into Demons/Dark Souls territory. They're not exactly approachable by everyone.
    Not in terms of art style and difficulty, but in terms of the single player but with others mechanics. Perhaps Miiverse integrated into the fairy companion of this generation to offer some help if you're stuck on a puzzle, to help loosen things up and push along the non-linearity.

Otherwise, hating on the sailing? Nah, its legit great, dunno what you guys are going on about. Sure its slow cause you need the baton to switch the winds every now and then, but they could fix it to play song once, switch wind direction at will, perhaps have it on a central pivot point(link) and get some physics to work along with it. Otherwise hating on the pure essence of the sailing and not the controls is like hating on the train portions of Spirit Tracks. Its pure beauty, and if you don't mind sitting there for a couple of minutes it has some wonderful moments. At least the OW music rocks.
    BLAH

Not in terms of art style and difficulty, but in terms of the single player but with others mechanics.

Otherwise, hating on the sailing? Nah, its legit great, dunno what you guys are going on about. Sure its slow cause you need the baton to switch the winds every now and then, but they could fix it to play song once, switch wind direction at will, perhaps have it on a central pivot point(link) and get some physics to work along with it. Otherwise hating on the pure essence of the sailing and not the controls is like hating on the train portions of Spirit Tracks. Its pure beauty, and if you don't mind sitting there for a couple of minutes it has some wonderful moments. At least the OW music rocks.
    The sailing and the controls go hand in hand otherwise it'd be like saying I like driving as long as I'm not driving.

I dunno, the "beauty" aspect kind of wore off quickly. Don't get me wrong, for the major islands, like Dragon Roost, Forest Haven, Tower of the Gods, etc... seeing them rise up over the horizon for the first time, and loom over your as you approach, that was rather awe inspiring. However, once you've been exposed to the major islands, the vast majority of the rest of the islands are just minor blips on the map, being incredibly tiny and not particularly inspiring. By pure comparison the majority of what you will see when sailing is water, and that got old fast.

Never had a problem with the controls, though I do wish it went a little faster. A pretty significant portion of the game is spent sailing, which, imo, is time that is wasted.

And do not even get me started on the Triforce of Courage part. I HATED that. It was just such a tedious fetch quest, and really killed the pace at the end of the game. I found myself wishing they went the way of the Sky Keep in Skyward Sword instead, where you'd have a dungeon that you collect all the pieces of the Triforce in, rather than just going to random arbitrary spots to find charts, paying an absurd amount of rupees to decipher those charts, and then going out to other arbitrary spots to haul up the pieces. A fetch quest like that was the last thing I wanted to be stopping me RIGHT before the final dungeon.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I hope they fix that Wind Waker U

The Oracle games are headed to the Japanese 3DS eshop next week and the West later this year. They'll be sold both separately and together as a package at a discounted price. They seem pretty good, but would purchasing both be a good idea or is it a one or the other kind of deal?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    The Oracle games are headed to the Japanese 3DS eshop next week and the West later this year. They'll be sold both separately and together as a package at a discounted price. They seem pretty good, but would purchasing both be a good idea or is it a one or the other kind of deal?
    They're both completely different games, and you need to beat both in order to get the full story. After beating one you can use the password you get and input it into the other, so you get some extra events and once you've beaten the final boss you go to another area where you encounter Ganon. I'm really looking forward to this since I have Ages, but I've never been able to find Seasons. I've had my password for quite some time but no game to make it useful.

The Oracle games were definitely brilliant; I was worried that Nintendo was going the way of Pokemon and making two virtually identical games with minor changes. How wrong I was. Not only were they completely unique games that could link together to unlock secrets and the hidden secret ending, but the order in which you played them actually made a difference, since whichever one you played second after linking would have characters from the first game crossing over to the world of the second game. So there was something to gain from going Seasons -> Ages, and then Ages -> Seasons.

...Though personally I prefer doing Seasons second, for no reason other than having the Roc's Cape for the fight with Twinrova/Ganon.

Never played the Game Boy Zelda games, I was hooked to Pokémon back then. I downloaded Link's Awakening a while back and it was great and I can't wait to play the Oracle games. That said, I have a few questions. Which one should you start with? Which of the two is more difficult? How does the password system work?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Never played the Game Boy Zelda games, I was hooked to Pokémon back then. I downloaded Link's Awakening a while back and it was great and I can't wait to play the Oracle games. That said, I have a few questions. Which one should you start with? Which of the two is more difficult? How does the password system work?
    I've heard Seasons is more difficult since its more puzzle focused, but having never played I can't verify that for sure. You can use passwords between the two games for a couple things, the biggest of which is unlocking the true ending to the two games, but you can also use it to trade items and rings.

I've heard Seasons is more difficult since its more puzzle focused, but having never played I can't verify that for sure. You can use passwords between the two games for a couple things, the biggest of which is unlocking the true ending to the two games, but you can also use it to trade items and rings.
    You mean Rupees? Guess the password isn't set and varies based on your performance throughout the game.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    You mean Rupees? Guess the password isn't set and varies based on your performance throughout the game.
    No, I mean rings.

Page 218 of 275 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast