175 25.58%
  • Wind Waker

171 25.00%
  • Ocarina of Time

289 42.25%
  • Others

215 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 224 of 267 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 6652

Thread: Zelda games discussion

I was playing with my Lite, and to blow steadily but not vigorously I had to put my face about two centimetres from the console. So I've then got my hand cramped in between my face and the screen, and basically everything is out of focus. It's just not ideal.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Should I buy Twilight Princess?

My only Legend of Zelda game is Skyward Sword which I really like and I would like to play more games like it, is it a good game and how much would it be worth now?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    is it a good game
    Opinions vary (oddly), but it's ultimately a pretty baseline console Zelda title. If you enjoyed Skyward Sword, TP isn't identical but they share much of the same DNA. The game is not new - if my description doesn't do much for you, track down some footage and see how it looks to you.

and how much would it be worth now?
    If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo rereleased it as one of their select budget titles. You can find a new copy for $20.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

My only Legend of Zelda game is Skyward Sword which I really like and I would like to play more games like it, is it a good game and how much would it be worth now?
    I would suggest you play Ocarina of Time before Twilight Princess. There isn't really a concrete reason for doing so apart from the fact that it's just a natural progression in terms of gameplay and mechanics and imo, it would be best not to take too many steps backwards, especially when you've already played the most recent title in the series. Ocarina in general is just a good pace to start if you're relatively new to Zelda. Buy the 3DS version if you have one or you can buy it cheaply from the Wii virtual Console.

But if you're still intent on plating TP first, you've got an option of either purchasing the GameCube or the Wii version. The main differences between the two are the control schemes and the layout of the region, but those are sort of insignificant compared to the main factor influencing your decision; prices. Simpy put, the Wii version goes for about ten dollars used and twenty new, while the GameCube version can start from around fourty if used and upwards of a hundred if bought new. So yeah, in summary, buy the Wii version but play Ocarina first.
    Last edited by Poetry; 16th March 2013 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Opinions vary (oddly), but it's ultimately a pretty baseline console Zelda title. If you enjoyed Skyward Sword, TP isn't identical but they share much of the same DNA. The game is not new - if my description doesn't do much for you, track down some footage and see how it looks to you.

If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo rereleased it as one of their select budget titles. You can find a new copy for $20.
    You're not. Best thing ever, considering how my launch copy is scratched to hell.

Mightn't that be the issue people had with it? That they were playing on a DS/Lite/i/XL, where the microphone was located in the center?
    Even so, I never had this issue on my cousin's DSi. Maybe I just have strong lungs. *shrugs*
    BLAH

I'd recommend playing all the console titles, it doesn't necessarily matter where you start, but the farther back in the past you start, the better. That way you wont get used to something that was made better in a more recent title, for example.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So uh, anyone wanna help me out with something?
    http://zeldawiki.org/images/c/c7/The_Surface_SS.jpg
    Concept art of the surface from Skyward Sword. Did this come from Hyrule Historia? If it did, then wow. I wanna know what the hell they were thinking with segmenting it when there were obvious plans, by the picture, to have em connected. More importantly, its good to note that it has Skylofts hole right in the middle, which would allow it to be in line with Twilight Princess' Wii format, thanks to all the placing. Man does this map's concept look and feel more solid.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    So uh, anyone wanna help me out with something?
    http://zeldawiki.org/images/c/c7/The_Surface_SS.jpg
    Concept art of the surface from Skyward Sword. Did this come from Hyrule Historia? If it did, then wow. I wanna know what the hell they were thinking with segmenting it when there were obvious plans, by the picture, to have em connected. More importantly, its good to note that it has Skylofts hole right in the middle, which would allow it to be in line with Twilight Princess' Wii format, thanks to all the placing. Man does this map's concept look and feel more solid.
    They are all connected... You can see that from the official art as well. Not quite like that, because they've made the world larger, but they're all still connected.

I believe he meant playable-wise being interconnected. As in, from Lanayru I can't get to Faron without going to the sky in between.

I don't know what their reason is, but probably to clearly give each area a feel that it's a level and not make it daunting at once. From a level design perspective you still explore the worlds and uncover new areas of them, just at certain distinct points in the game.

Yeah I meant gameplay wise. I know the reasons, its just I'm irked at the level style feel. Even if it allowed for those last 3 OW sections of the game which were the best OW sections of the series.
    BLAH

So you wanted it to be open-world instead of level-based?

Now I'm confused. Aren't a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and the like already open world? Then again, there are the dungeons so if they were removed...

...oh boy, I love my headache inducing deathtraps.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Now I'm confused. Aren't a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and the like already open world? Then again, there are the dungeons so if they were removed...

...oh boy, I love my headache inducing deathtraps.
    Yes, LoZ, ALttP, OoT, WW and TP are all open world. SS isn't quite open world, because you have to load each area, and you can't transition right to another area once you're in one.

I'm just bumping in saying that I really loved the original Legend of Zelda and Link to the Past. Those two and Twilight Princess are the only games I've ever played tho, I would really like to try some others as well...

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

I finished Ocarina of Time 3D today. It's a truly fantastic game. I won't be trying it out anytime soon, but how much more difficult is Master Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I finished Ocarina of Time 3D today. It's a truly fantastic game. I won't be trying it out anytime soon, but how much more difficult is Master Quest?
    The only thing that changes is the dungeon layouts are more daunting and the entire world is flipped so left is right and vice-versa. If you're a longtime Zelda player the dungeons can be tricky ut just because their counter-intuitive to what you're used to from Zelda dungeons and often backwards logicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    The only thing that changes is the dungeon layouts are more daunting and the entire world is flipped so left is right and vice-versa. If you're a longtime Zelda player the dungeons can be tricky ut just because their counter-intuitive to what you're used to from Zelda dungeons and often backwards logicked.
    You also receive double damage from enemies, right? I was wondering how challenging this is in practice. I didn't have any difficulties with the original quest in OoT, nor with Skyward Sword's Hero Mode. I can't see it being very frustrating, though I'm obviously open to correction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You also receive double damage from enemies, right? I was wondering how challenging this is in practice. I didn't have any difficulties with the original quest in OoT, nor with Skyward Sword's Hero Mode. I can't see it being very frustrating, though I'm obviously open to correction.
    No, you take normal damage in Master Quest.

In SS's hero mode, it's the fights that are more challenging, but in OoT's master quest, it's more focused on the dungeons. You may come across some harder enemies earlier in the game, however. There is a part where you have to fight an Iron Knuckle before you have enough heart containers. to survive one of it's blows.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I believe in second chances. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar were once fire starters, but now they're fire fighters! They're heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Are you sure? I think the 3D version implements double damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Link takes 2x damage in the 3DS version, but not the GCN collector's edition version.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I still haven't beat OoT3d just because of the Bottom of the Well.
    *curls into the fetal position*
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Member of the Unofficial Swalot Club
    Friend Safari: Eevee, Audino, and Teddiursa.
    Y Friend Code: 0602-6266-7186

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireEOoD View Post
    You can get the Lens of Truth very early into the dungeon(pretty much the start). The rest of it you can skip, unless you're going for all the Gold Skulltulas and whatever else is in that dungeon.
    If you do go straight to the miniboss fight there shouldn't be anything particuarly hard or scary.

Now the Shadow Temple...oh dear, that was scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Link takes 2x damage in the 3DS version, but not the GCN collector's edition version.
    Really? I must be misremembering then, because the 3DS version wast he one I had...

Gah, it feels like it's been ages since I've played that game.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I believe in second chances. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar were once fire starters, but now they're fire fighters! They're heroes!

I would love for them to do a 3DS remake of "Link's Awakening". Together with the original Pokemon Silver, that is my favourite game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireEOoD View Post
    It's okay, it took me a year to beat it.

I'm terrible at Zelda games, but god do I love them.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Page 224 of 267 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast