180 25.79%
  • Wind Waker

172 24.64%
  • Ocarina of Time

292 41.83%
  • Others

222 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 225 of 272 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6795

Thread: Zelda games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    I would love for them to do a 3DS remake of "Link's Awakening". Together with the original Pokemon Silver, that is my favourite game of all time.
    Already happened for the GBA and DS respectively.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Already happened for the GBA and DS respectively.
    Link's Awakening never really got a remake, it's just been ported.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireEOoD View Post
    I still haven't beat OoT3d just because of the Bottom of the Well.
    *curls into the fetal position*
    Meh I would argue that the forest temple is more scary than the other dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Ugh I really need to get round to playing Link's Awakening as it's one of the three Zelda game that I have still yet to play.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Ugh I really need to get round to playing Link's Awakening as it's one of the three Zelda game that I have still yet to play.
    It's on the Wii Shop Channel if you're curious.

I've found it a lot harder to play, not because of difficulty, just because of its age. I also have yet to beat it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    It's on the Wii Shop Channel if you're curious.
    Link's Awakening is a Game Boy game so it would be on the 3DS e-shop not the Wii. Not that it matters since I own the DX game boy version.

I've found it a lot harder to play, not because of difficulty, just because of its age. I also have yet to beat it.
    I had the same problem with the Oracle series, I played it straight after The Minish Cap and it took me a long time to beat the game.

I think the problem I had with the Oracle series and to an extent A Link to the Past, Zelda 1 and 2 is that the game doesn't exactly tell where you need to go.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

I had the same problem with the Oracle series, I played it straight after The Minish Cap and it took me a long time to beat the game.

I think the problem I had with the Oracle series and to an extent A Link to the Past, Zelda 1 and 2 is that the game doesn't exactly tell where you need to go.
    I didn't even manage to find the first dungeon in Zelda 1 as there are enemies on almost every screen that keep on respawning that I just die because I'm fending of attacks every 7 seconds. It's not so bad since even Aonuma can't beat it but still frustrates me a lot. In Zelda II I got all the way to the first Iron Knuckle before wanting to break my 3DS in half, and I only got there after about 90 minutes of wandering and dying.
    I think only in Skyward Sword have I not been so lost that I died fending off attacks. I have gotten a lot better at Zelda games since the time I couldn't find the Kokiri sword in Oot.

Unless you count DX as a remake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Unless you count DX as a remake.
    It's a enhanced port not a remake.

^ Best post ever.

I thoroughly enjoyed Link's Awakening. I got it from the e-shop when I first bought my 3ds, I beat it once and I'm about half way through my second run. It's the second Zelda game I've beaten, first one to do a complete playthrough, since, although I beat it before, I never played through OoT from beginning to end (The time I beat it, I was playing off a friend's file, so I started as Adult Link)
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I've personally never been a huge fan of any of the 2D Zelda games. They just never quite get the atmosphere that I'm looking for. Though I thoroughly enjoyed Oracle of Ages, so I guess I have that one.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Link's Awakening is a Game Boy game so it would be on the 3DS e-shop not the Wii. Not that it matters since I own the DX game boy version.
    I was thinking of a Link to the Past...why has my memory been so fuzzy lately? Anyways, yup, what Hydros said.

I should really get round to buying a copy of Link's Awakening sometime. But then again pretty sure it would feel somewhat like a step backwards from having played The Minish Cap, though. Bloody steps backwards. Ruined A Link to the Past for me.
    Last edited by Poetry; 25th March 2013 at 10:31 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I typically always use walkthroughs or guides since I don't have the time to figure this **** out any more, my issue is just that they haven't really aged well. Had I played them when they first came out it would be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I should really get round to buying a copy of Link's Awakening sometime. But then again pretty sure it would feel somewhat like a step backwards from having played The Minish Cap, though. Bloody steps backwards. Ruined A Link to the Past for me.
    This is exactly why I have so much trouble playing the older games.

The only game I've ever had that "aging" problem with was the original Legend of Zelda, because incidentally, that was the last one I played (had trouble getting a copy until I downloaded it from the EShop). The problem I had with it was being too used to slashing, when the original only has stabbing. No spin attacks either. Talk about being spoiled-

But IDK, I've never had any problem with aging with any other game. Mostly because at their core, the 2D Zelda games all play fairly similarly. There's graphical differences sure, but it's still fairly similar. Barring Zelda 2, but that's a whole different can of worms. Heck, I'd say A Link to the Past was far better than Minish Cap... at least IMO. Minish Cap just wasn't very memorable in my opinion, and seemed kinda "dumbed down".
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Link's Awakening has some of the best dungeons and puzzles in the series imo. But then again, I am old enough to be used to the flad 2D graphics, so that really doesn't affect my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Minish Cap just wasn't very memorable in my opinion, and seemed kinda "dumbed down".
    I thought the environments were memorable, but maybe not the dungeons themselves with there only being 2 of them. But what I always realize when thinking back to GBA games is that in hindsight they really had only the D-Pad and 6 buttons to work with and so there wasn't a lot of room for much innovative gameplay or whatnot. The hardware being a limiting factor always seems to be an issue for me in looking back, even though older consoles had a similar amount of buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I thought the environments were memorable, but maybe not the dungeons themselves with there only being 2 of them.
    Wait, what? The Minish Cap had six main dungeons.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I thought the environments were memorable, but maybe not the dungeons themselves with there only being 2 of them. But what I always realize when thinking back to GBA games is that in hindsight they really had only the D-Pad and 6 buttons to work with and so there wasn't a lot of room for much innovative gameplay or whatnot. The hardware being a limiting factor always seems to be an issue for me in looking back, even though older consoles had a similar amount of buttons.
    And the NES had only a Dpad and 4 buttons. You don't need a lot of buttons to be innovative or create an engaging game.

I bought Link's Awakening from the E-shop when it first was available for the 3DS. I've gotten pretty far into it but I still have yet to beat it. It's a pretty colorful Zelda game especially since it has enemies from the Mario and Kirby games.
    3DS FC: 2277-6721-8461 Name: Sam
    Pokemon Y Team: Frogadier
    Pokemon X Team:
    White 2 Team: FC: 0219-2021-5352 Name: Sam
    Black Team: FC: 0390-0424-5188 Name: BahamtX

Playing through Zelda four Swords Anniversary edition, loving it. I ask myself why I chose to delete it and then redownload it yesterday.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

So rememeber when Miyamoto said he'd like to bring LttP to the 3DS somehow? The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2.

I only hope they revise the combat system. Going off Minish Cap, it's much faster-paced than any of the 3D games my some margin, but beyond the shield and roll there aren't any defensive options. Or rather, ways of getting out of the way of an attack and then being able to counter immediately afterwards. The roll took Link way too far to be able to walk back over before the enemies guard was back up, unless you did a rolling thrust which is difficult to time and aim in such a short time.

Maybe, if your shield is up you could then do a quick combat roll in any direction that travels a short distance. Only with proper timing though will you be able to chain these rolls together, and basically dance around the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Maybe they'll just use the counter attack from Wind Waker.

I have to say this wasn't what I was expecting from a new Zelda title at all, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Do we know if it's a direct sequel or not yet? I'm assuming as much from the name.

I have to say this wasn't what I was expecting from a new Zelda title at all, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Do we know if it's a direct sequel or not yet? I'm assuming as much from the name.
    Actually, I don't believe that the name was ever given.
    Personally, I think it's a spiritual successor.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

I think A Link to the Past 2 was the name given to it in the Japanese Direct, although I could be wrong.

It certainly looks interesting. Apparently it will be set in the same Hyrule as in the original aLttP but with totally original dungeons and storyline. The 2D paper-image Link definitely looks intriguing.
    Sitting on the fence about the graphics, though. Certainly not what I expected from a aLttP remake...
    Last edited by Poetry; 17th April 2013 at 8:38 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

The LttP sequel looks pretty fun and I can't wait to play it at the end of the year. Glad to know the 3DS will be getting a brand new Zelda game this year!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 225 of 272 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast